Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Gloss (all)

3.8

on 1/31/2010 1:10:00 PM

I think these glosses are a lot like Bath & Body Works LipLicious in terms of texture, strong foodie scents, and staying power. The ingredients are similar and they're both owned by Limited Brands. Beauty Rush is stickier and has less color pay off, but I like their scents better (I have Hot Cocoanut, Fruitloose, Cupquake, I Want Candy, Juiced Berry, Mocktail Hour, Appletini, Cherry Bomb, Sugar High, Strawberry Fizz, Taffy Go Lucky and Slice of Heaven). I don't mind the stickiness. I'm sure I'll repurchase these, try other scents.

on 1/30/2010 3:35:00 PM

I have the Beauty Rush lip glosses in about 10 different colors/flavors. Overall, they're good. My main complaints would be that they're very sticky and not highly pigmented. The flavors are great though (toasted almond is my favorite)!

on 1/30/2010 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have five of these:
Sugar High: creme soda scent, clear with very subtle pink shimmer
Red Delicious: sweet apple scent, pink with pink shimmer on my lips.
Pearadise: sweet pear scent, baby pink with pink and gold shimmer.
Cocoalicious: Tootsie Roll Scent, bronze with bronze shimmer
I Want Candy: cotton candy scent, clear shimmerless gloss.

There are a lot of colors to choose from. I got mine as gifts and with coupons and sales and I recommend that because I wouldn't spend $7 on just one gloss. They are a little sticky but I don't mind because they tend to last a little longer. I love these glosses because they smell good and they look great on my lips. I use different ones depending on my makeup, mood, outfit, whatever! Also looks good over lipstick.

on 1/17/2010 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love love love these lip glosses! They taste great and look great!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this lip gloss quite often, however it tends to leave a film on my lips. So, I don't reapply. I use it over my HG Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lipshine (can't live without that stuff!). As a previous reviewer said, hair gets stuck to your lips quite easily. I also find that I wouldn't want to kiss anyone with this stuff on, I don't like drinking or eating with it on either. This is just for show. Put it on a few minutes before you're about to enter a room and it will look absolutely fantastic!

What I do like about this lip gloss is that it makes your lips look really plump and gives a nice hint of shimmer (not too much though, it still looks natural). I have it in Strawberry Fizz. I'll wear it over lipstick as well, and it just gives a really nice over-all plump look. It has a nice fragrance as well.

on 12/9/2009 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

With the horrible winter weather here, my lips are so chapped and dry, especially when i wake up in the morning.
Last night i put this on before going to bed, and woke up with it still on my lips! All the dried skin on my lips just wiped right off when i rubbed my finger along it. When i washed my face, and washed the gloss of my lips, they did not feel chapped or dry.

I do think these may actually a great idea to put on your lips before going to bed, assuming that you are not going to put covers over your lips, or accidentally rub your lips all over your pillow.

Yes, it is sticky, but nowhere near as sticky as some that i have tried.

It is nice and thick, the two colors i have look different in the tube, but look practically like a gloss if i wear them on my lips.

The regular price for this is $7, no i wouldn't pay $7 for Victoria Secret lip gloss, but i got both for free (no purchase necessary) with either a coupon that was mailed to me or an email print out.

on 12/8/2009 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got this gloss for super cheap at La Senza (I think), 3 for $15 CAD (I think!). It's long lasting for a gloss without being sticky (it's a LOT less sticky than MAC lipglass!), it's moisturizing and it's tasty! I don't really notice the tint on my lips so it isn't highly pigmented, but if you pair it with a lip liner you're good to go. Overall, it's fairly good and it lasts a long time. Worth buying for the price. There are better glosses on the market for sure (think NARS or Revlon) but this is a good, simple, go-to gloss to have handy, and out of all the glosses on the market I think it tastes the best.

on 11/13/2009 9:53:00 AM

I have the bubblegum flavor & this is the first lip gloss that I have purchased in YEARS! The taste and smell are the best. I love the texture which is a bit thick, but lasts a long time. I also enjoy the packaging. The only downside is the cost, its rather expensive for a gloss. Lower the price and I would purchase again!

on 11/10/2009 9:31:00 PM

There are so many colors and flavors to choose from. I love it!! They are a bit sticky, but not to much to bother me. The colors are sheer and shimmery. My favs are;
I Want Candy- non shimmer light pink, sweet flavor
Stawberry Fizz- shimmer pink, very sweet flavor
Minty lip shine- non shimmer clear, minty flavor
They always have a good deal on them too.

on 11/8/2009 12:38:00 PM

I purchased these because there was a promotion at la senza. After trying these, I completely fell in love with them!! The consistency is soooo good. I went back to la senza and purchased an additional 5. If they had more color choices I probably would have picked up even more! Theyre absolutely amazing.

Recommended for Medium Skin