Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation

3.6

water, cyclomethicone, phenyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, dimethicone, dimethicone copolyol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyl methoxycinnamate, isocetyl alcohol, isohexadecane, wheat germ glycerides, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, jojoba oil, hydrogenated lecithin, whey protein, sodium hyaluronate, ascorbyl palmitate, lavender, triethyl citrate, cholesterol, linoleic acid, propylene carbonate, sorbitan stearate, dimethicone copolyol crosspolymer, quaternium-18 hectorite, HDI/trimethyol hexyllactone crosspolymer, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, laureth-7, xanthan gum, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triclosan, chloroxylenol, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica.

I had high hopes for this foundation after reading reviews on here about how great this is for dry skin. It's the most expensive foundation I've bought so far & I would not buy it again! The coverage is poor - definitely nowhere near med/full coverage as the website says! Staying power isn't that good either. Did not hydrate my skin more than other foundations. Very disappointing.

on 1/7/2010 9:39:00 AM

I am completely flabbergasted as to why this foundation works for me. I have sensitive acne prone skin. I normally wear mineral powder (Glominerals) because all liquid foundations have broken me out badly. This also has my dreaded "xane" silicones in it and a host of other ingredients I shy away from. But this foundation looks and feels so amazing on that I am going to keep it as my special occasion makeup. It does not feel heavy and even as someone with oily skin, it surprisingly does not separate on my face like most liquids I have work in the past. If I wear this for more than two days in a row I get a little irritation bump on my jawline. But nothing compared to reactions I have had in the past. The color match is perfect.

Edit: This did break me out pretty badly each time I wore it. But it is still a nice product for people that can wear it. My skin looked great with it on :(

on 12/28/2009 7:25:00 PM

this is my HG and the one I always seem to return to. Gives me a nice natural finish and the coverage is light to medium. I do like to set this with Makeup Forever's HD powder and it stays on all day without getting shiny. I think this may be the best foundation I've ever used.

on 12/27/2009 2:38:00 AM

my last foundation was laura mercier, which was bit disappointing. so i found this one, it looks pretty natural for me, and it stays on my skin for a whole day, which is great...the price is reasonable, packaging is simple but i like it ... more to this is the BA is very helpful and patient, very good customer service from Bobbi Brown ( i was deciding between BB and Georgi Armani, BA from BB was so much nicer than GA, so....bye bye GA)

on 9/23/2009 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to splurge on a good foundation.I bought this Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation. I like the yellow undertone in it and this blends well with my skin. It doesn't allow my skin to go dry. There is a little dewy effect on the skin.But the biggest problem is that its heavy. Will i buy it again ?I don't think so. I might go back to MAC studio FIX.
The price is great and the stuff works just like this.

on 9/18/2009 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I kind of like this foundation. Let me tell you why ...

PROS
- easy to blend because such a fluid and flexible liquid
- stays put for an entire day (about 10 hours)
- buildable coverage from medium to full without cakiness
- has jojoba oil in it (moisture and other skin benefits)
- moisturizing (great for winter months and dry skins)
- doesn't break me out (I have sensitive skin)
- can by used by most skin types (I have combo/oily skin)
- color match is amazing (mostly yellow undertones)
- always looks totally natural (I wear it without primer)
- has SPF 15 (perfect for sensitive skin)

CONS
- high price (about $42)
- not ideal for very oily skin (unless you skip moisturizer)
- feels heavy on face
- requires powder touch-ups (if you have combo/oily skin)
- is not water or transfer resistant
- you do need a concealer if you have acne or scars

You may be wondering why I use this if I have combo/oily skin. The reason is that matte foundations tend to dry out my skin regardless of whether it is winter or summer. Also, I find that matte foundations don't blend in as well (especially if you're building coverage) because they tend to be thicker and they dry faster to a matte finish. Foundations that are moisturizing and have a natural finish (not dewy) are easier to blend and keep my face hydrated. During the summer, I use this foundation without any lotion on underneath as the foundation itself provides enough hydration. The rest of the year, especially winter, I apply a light lotion (CeraVe) and then put this foundation on top of that. I do have to carry around a translucent mattifying powder compact (Urban Decay De-Slick), but I don't mind touching up throughout the day. I'd rather touch up a little oil from this foundation than look flaky, caked up, and dry due to matte foundations. Overall, I will buy this foundation again unless I find a cheaper alternative.

on 8/11/2009 3:49:00 AM

I'm Mac nc42, and found this foundation in shade warm natural a little too light for me. the coverage was not good on my combination skin and left some parts looking really dry and my t-zone looking oily. i would not purchase again, but would recommend the creamy concealer pot, which is quite good from Bobbi Brown, although it doesn't last long.

on 6/25/2009 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ingredients as of 06/25/09:
Water (Purified), Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isocetyl Alcohol, Isohexadecane, Wheat Germ Glycerides, PEG/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lavandula Angustofolia (Lavender), PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Triethyl Citrate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Stearate, Disteardimoniium Hectorite, HDI/Trimethylol Hexylactone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT, Triclosan, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Linalool. (May contain Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides).

This review is based on my use of a couple of sample packets of the Moisture Rich Foundation . I normally match to BB's foundations in the shade "Sand." For some reason, the Moisture Rich seemed to run a little lighter than other formulas I have tried. My skin must be very dry right now. Even though Moisture Rich applied well with my fingers, the application soon appeared chalky and dry looking. My skin remained very matte all day, with the foundation sinking into my undereye and marionette lines, the latter of which aren't very prominent at all. I'm at a loss to explain how a "moisture rich" foundation leaves me with such an impression. I found the "antiseptic" aroma of the foundation off-putting as well. If it weren't for the overppowering scent of lavender in BB's Luminous foundation, I much prefer that formula for both wear and appearance. continued >>

on 6/24/2009 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation this is the best foundation for me. I wear warm ivory. I love the yellow tones in it. I have enough pink in my face and the yellow tones in this foundation work great with that. (The yellow tones down the pink) It blends right into my skin which is normal to dry and I don't ever have to worry about a foundation line on my jaw. It is expensive but for me it is worth it.

on 5/31/2009 7:48:00 PM

I was looking for a foundation to reduce pores & make areas beside the nose appear less dry/flaky. other foundation/tinted moisturiser I've tried can't seem to help with the dryness. was also having difficulty finding a suitable tone, as my face is a little darker than my neck. decided to try this after reading reviews here. I've previously tried BB's skin foundation in WARM SAND & was told the shade in this one is slightly warmer than the skin foundation. asked for sample but the haughty SA claimed they don't give out samples. Notwithstanding the lousy service, I bought it in SAND as I was desperate for a foundation. I'm glad it works well for me thru winter & spring. not sure if it'll be fine thru summer so will update again.