July 29, 2014 | 1189 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by s4bbb

I'm Mac nc42, and found this foundation in shade warm natural a little too light for me. the coverage was not good on my combination skin and left some parts looking really dry and my t-zone looking oily. i would not purchase again, but would recommend the creamy concealer pot, which is quite good from Bobbi Brown, although it doesn't last long.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Livn2large

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ingredients as of 06/25/09:
Water (Purified), Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isocetyl Alcohol, Isohexadecane, Wheat Germ Glycerides, PEG/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lavandula Angustofolia (Lavender), PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Triethyl Citrate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Stearate, Disteardimoniium Hectorite, HDI/Trimethylol Hexylactone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT, Triclosan, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Linalool. (May contain Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides).

This review is based on my use of a couple of sample packets of the Moisture Rich Foundation . I normally match to BB's foundations in the shade "Sand." For some reason, the Moisture Rich seemed to run a little lighter than other formulas I have tried. My skin must be very dry right now. Even though Moisture Rich applied well with my fingers, the application soon appeared chalky and dry looking. My skin remained very matte all day, with the foundation sinking into my undereye and marionette lines, the latter of which aren't very prominent at all. I'm at a loss to explain how a "moisture rich" foundation leaves me with such an impression. I found the "antiseptic" aroma of the foundation off-putting as well. If it weren't for the overppowering scent of lavender in BB's Luminous foundation, I much prefer that formula for both wear and appearance. continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by SSR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation this is the best foundation for me. I wear warm ivory. I love the yellow tones in it. I have enough pink in my face and the yellow tones in this foundation work great with that. (The yellow tones down the pink) It blends right into my skin which is normal to dry and I don't ever have to worry about a foundation line on my jaw. It is expensive but for me it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by mcnachin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was looking for a foundation to reduce pores & make areas beside the nose appear less dry/flaky. other foundation/tinted moisturiser I've tried can't seem to help with the dryness. was also having difficulty finding a suitable tone, as my face is a little darker than my neck. decided to try this after reading reviews here. I've previously tried BB's skin foundation in WARM SAND & was told the shade in this one is slightly warmer than the skin foundation. asked for sample but the haughty SA claimed they don't give out samples. Notwithstanding the lousy service, I bought it in SAND as I was desperate for a foundation. I'm glad it works well for me thru winter & spring. not sure if it'll be fine thru summer so will update again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by jani04nz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this foundation. I'm an NC35-40 and am Natural 4 in BB. NC42 should be Warm natural. This stuff is great for my dry, sensitive skin. Definitely not for those with oily skin. Looks great and feels great though I always set it with powder to make it truely last.

My skin can be sensitive some winter time and be prone to eczema break outs and this stuff sooths my face. MAC select spf 15 foundie makes my face sting. Now I'm interested to see what's the difference between this foundation and the luminous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using a sample of Moisture Rich foundation in Alabaster for about two weeks and I have been pleasantly surprised. I typically wear Becca LSC or other TMs so I anticipated this foundation would feel very heavy... however, it was easy to get a light application and the foundation felt as weightless on my skin as any TM I have tried. This foundation also blended effortlessly, did not irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts, and did not change color through the day. I do have very dry skin so I applied this over my usual rich moisturizer (Eucerin Q10 sensitive skin cream) but I didn't have problems with my skin getting shiny (I set it with NARS loose powder). Unfortunately though, even the Alabaster shade was a bit too dark for my very pale skin... not so dark that I wouldn't wear it, but darker than I would like (and definitely darker on me than Becca LSC in Porcelain). Also, my sample packet had a very strong chemical smell to it... since I haven't seen too many other ladies mention a fragrance here I assume I received an old sample packet. I would definitely consider purchasing Moisture Rich foundation if I wanted more coverage than a TM and didn't mind a slightly too-dark color match. Highly recommended for ladies with dry, sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 2:37:00 AM More reviews by nelle4362

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think I may have found my HG foundation. I have very fair (lighter than NC15) skin so finding a good foundation that matches my skin tone can be difficult. The color match is really nice and it doesn't darken or change color throughout the day like many other foundations I have do. I would definately repurchase this foundation. On a side note, the MAs at Bobbi Brown are beyond fantastic and I would continue to ship there just for the wonderful customer service

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i had this is foundation a while ago, and tho i dont use it any more(thank goodness for that) i cant make an proper proper review on it.

but from i do remember is that it did not do what it claimed to do. all i got from this foundation was flakey flakey all the way! it was just eww

and the packaging didnt make it easier either, i remember wasting ar too much of this stuff while pouring it onto my hand to apply it

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by spiller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, a huge disappointment and major waste of money - I think I spent around $50 for this. Sad.

Pros:
- Good range of colors
- Reputable brand
- Very buildable
- Nice, smooth texture straight from bottle

Cons:
- Even when layered, doesn't achieve great coverage
- Price
- Best applied with brush, which costs even more money
- Doesn't seem to ever "set" on skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

So this is Bobbi Brown's moisturizing foundation.Comes in a little glass bottle without a pump and retails 35 euros.The coverage is very buildable and goes for medium to full.Has satin moisturizing finish and the staying power is good(not perfect just good)Has very nice silky texture and blends very easily.I use MAC's 187 brush to apply this foundation and works best for me this way.It's not oil free,doesn't provide matte finish and it's very moisturizing product so if you have oily skin think twice before you purchase this foundation.I have oily acne prone skin but matte foundations realy don't work for me so I m using foundations like this one and yes sometimes I do look shiny but this is not such a big problem for me,I always have with me an oil free,oil absorbing powder(like blot powder by MAC)and I keep the problem under control.Didn't cause me any kind of problems and in general I m happy with this foundation gives me good coverage and a natural helthy finish that I like a lot.I m nc30 and I have the shade in this one 3.5 warm beige and works quite good.To be honest I m not so sure that I will buy it again.It realy works good for me and it's a good quality product but just for me the Dior's total high deffinition serum foundation,chanel's vitalumiere and clinique's repairwaer foundation work just a little bit better.
INGREDIENTS:Water, Cyclomethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Carpylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Isocetyl Alcohol, Isohexadecane, Wheat Germ Glycerides, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Whey Protein, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lavender, Triethyl Citrate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Stearate, Dimethicone Copolyol Crosspolymer, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, HDI/Trimethyol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Triclosan, Chloroxylenol, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica