July 22, 2014 | 1130 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this deoderant off and on for several years, since I decided to start using non-aluminum deoderant. It works pretty well, although putting it on is kind of a hassle since you have to wet the salt, roll it on your underarms and then wait for them to dry. The salt starts to break down in the packaging after awhile, causing the stick to crumble and break. It is a fairly effective deoderant, though not ideal. I prefer the liquid version of this deoderant by the same company, but Kiss My Face natural deoderant works better than either of these, imo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I was scared to use this. I took a shower, swiped this on at night, and in the morning hoped for the worse. But when I woke up in the morning and started to do some errands, I noticed I was not sweating and there was no bad odor permeating out from my armpits. Pleasantly surprised since this is simply salt. If you are searching for an alternative to drugstore deodorants, this is it. Works better for me on clean armpits first, as opposed to just applying when I am already sweating, so I recommend applying at night if it doesn't work for you at first.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lookabbycat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works. Its all natural. It will last FOREVER. I've been using this deodorant for about a year now and it doesn't even look like I've made a dent in it. It doesn't keep you from perspiring so on occasion I will use an antiperspirant instead, but overall I prefer using a crystal stick deodorant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by sneezie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this deodorant for about 4 months now, and I love it! In the beginning I was a little wary, thinking it wouldn't work, but it's been fantastic. After showering at night, I just swipe it onto still damp skin, maybe 40 times under each arm, and it holds up until my next shower. It's been doing great in the high heat and humidity, even after hiking all day. I do like how it allows me to sweat, which is one thing I never liked about the usual antiperspirant/deodorants I was so used to before. I do suggest you try it, but do make sure you apply enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Briannasmama2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Horrible product. It made me breakout in huge welts. Will never use again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Ribbly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't been using this product for a terribly long time, but I've found that, while it doesn't irritate my skin as some other people have mentioned, it doesn't always work that well. I don't know why, but some days it works like a charm, and others, it just doesn't. It's weird because it doesn't seem to matter how much I perspire- I have worn it on very hot days and I've been fine- so I'm kind of baffled. Anyway, it lasts a long time, it is fragrance free which I always prefer, and I just think it's kind of cool. If only it worked 100% of the time though!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just wanted to mention in advance that I have some sensitivity issues with this product which is the only reason I took off a lippie.

Other than that, this product is nothing short of amazing. I don't like the idea of plugging up my sweat glands with a plasticky slick of anti-perspirant, so I was excited to read that this product actually works. And a I discovered, it works much BETTER than any deodorant I have ever used. I put this on right after my morning shower and regardless of how hot it is during the day, my underarms smell like nothing - and I mean absolutely nothing - at the end of the day.

As I mentioned though, I do have sensitive skin so after a few days I usually have to take a break from it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the best! I have seen this in the stores for years but always looked over it thinking nothing of it. But now, I am very interested in going organic/natural with all of my beauty products and toiletries and I made my move.
At first I was hesitant because regular deodorants/antiperspirants usually do not work for me. The only one that has been working for me for years is Mitchum. But then I was realizing how bad regular deodorant is for my body on top of how un-natural it is to prevent myself from sweating and bought the crystal stick! It is easy to use and does not sting after I shave which is a plus. I have not had an issue with my underarm being sticky either and I swipe under each arm about 10 times. I have not had any issue with the stick smelling either because I only apply to clean skin. I find that the price is right if it can last around a year. And even if it doesn't, I will still be satisfied buying one twice a year. The pros is my opinion out ways the cons. The only reason I will ever where an antiperspirant is if I do not want to "pit out" a nice shirt one day:P

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by lisa01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after because any type of regular deodorant/anti-antiperspirant (like lady speedstick, ect) causes my skin to become very itchy beyond belief, peel and they become very inflamed and irritated. I went to the store, asked for help and this is what I was recommended. I was skeptical of it at first, because I am terrified of having body odor but to my surprise this product is wonderful. It may take a little more effort to apply than using a regular deodorant, but if your skin does the same as mine did it is really worth the extra effort. I don't have any irritation or peeling, and most important of all I DO NOT get body odor and it doesn't feel like you have anything on at all. Just make sure you apply it to CLEAN skin, and you MUST apply it wet or it will not work.
This is really worth it, even just to try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by barkercakes

Doesnt smell pretty, but does make me not smell bad. And it doesn't freak me out to use it. So I will keep buying it.