NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a great highlighter, famous for a reason! I like saving this one for more dramatic looks, as I think it doesn't look as natural as Benefit's High Beam or MAC's Porcelain Pink. It's more of a pure shimmer rather than a champagne shimmer, such as The Balm's Mary Loumanizer. It has less sparkle in it than NARS Multiple in Copacabana. I was trying to find a reason not to need another highlighter, but this one is a great product and unique among the "greats," so I must keep it for my collection : )

on 12/26/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I am so glad I picked up this highlighter. After trying to get "the glow" everyone wants, I realized with my combination skin, dewy just wasn't going to cut it so I've been trying to find a good highlighter.

I am an NC43/44, and I have to admit that I was scared this would make my skin look dull and ashy because its stark white in the pan. Almost miraculously when you sweep this across your skin, all that appears is a light golden glow. No ashiness. No huge obvious glitter chunks. No chalkiness. I was amazed. I only wished I had tried this sooner.

If you're afraid this wont work for your skin tone because of how it appears in pan, my advice is to try it out. It just might surprise you.

on 12/13/2012 6:08:00 PM

This looks obvious and too gold on me. I'm pale and cool-toned, and it just doesn't work. Just like with Orgasm, I was swayed by all the great reviews and severely disappointed.

on 12/13/2012 5:38:00 PM

I have finally found my HG highlighter/luminizer. I originally was searching for creams or liquids since I thought those would impart more of the dewy look I was after.
The lady at Sephora sold me on Benefit's Highbeam last time, and while it's nice, it's not what I was looking for. I found it too subtle.
Browsing the store, I stumbled upon NARS Albatross powder and swatched a sample on the back of my hand. I was blown away! In the pan it looks white, but on the skin it turns this irridescent silvery/gold/pearl/pink color that is beautiful. I then tested it on my face, and was pleased with what I saw.
It catches the light just right and makes you look candlelit.
It gives me the perfect "hollywood glow" without being too sparkly.

on 12/8/2012 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this from my boyfriend. This is then become my HG product! I love the colour and I LOVE how it gives me a radiant and HEALTHY complexion! I have NARS in Super Orgasm, and this highlighters is just good to go! Its also well paired with any kind of blusher or just wear it alone. I get a compliments whenever I've wear it. My secret is no longer my secret!! Repurchase!!

on 12/6/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

HG highlighter! I was like many others that didn't "get" Albatross. Well, outta curiosity on how horrible it was going to swatch on my deep skin, I tested it in Sephora. Needless to say I was shocked the white pan swatched a glorious sheer golden color! Complex color that isn't quite gold or silver. I loved the way it made my skin glow! This highlighter works wonderfully especially when I use my NARS Outlaw blush.

I recc'd to any WOC, you'll love it too!!

on 12/5/2012 6:57:00 PM

This was my first highlighter, and it made me like the idea of highlighter on me for the first time. I get a really nice glow out of this, and I am very pleased.

on 11/30/2012 12:20:00 AM

I just started using this product recently, and I really like it. I use it to highlight my cheekbones and down my nose, as well as a little on the middle of my forehead. I am applying it with the Sephora PRO 73 brush in case anyone is not sure what to use. It doesn't look white at all on your face, and there is a hint of gold shimmer in it. I can only see the shimmer in certain lighting... most of the time, all you can really see is a glow.

I debated for quite some time between this and the copacabana multiple. I think this is better for more every day wear, but I will be purchasing the copacabana stick next time I visit Sephora... I think it's easier to highlight my nose with it than the powder!

on 11/25/2012 9:15:00 PM

Awesome highlighter! A little goes a long way, so use with a light hand! Can also be used on your cupid's bow, or as an eyeshadow! Definitely recommend! :)

on 11/10/2012 2:05:00 AM

Yes this product is VERY expensive for what it is, but I use it everyday! Basically it's a highlighter but it has a gorgeous golden sheen and makes your face glow like it's being illuminated by candlelight! It's multidimensional and complex, unlike anything else I've tried before. A little goes a long way so it'll last you forever.

Top Rated NARS Products