September 30, 2014 | 1265 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by skinjazz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extremely sensitive skin, so I was very hesitant to use this on my face. I thought I was bound to be allergic to the lauric acid- not so. As it turn out, I find this very soothing, and it seems to calm irritation and normalise the weird redness and itchiness my skin seems to randomly throw out sometimes. It is very drying, but in some cases that can be made to work- I have a few sunblocks that are greasy as hell, but I find that when I put coconut oil on underneath them, it somehow reduces the stickiness (don't ask me how), to give a more matte effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love that this has multiple uses. I would never again use this on my face. I have sensitive skin w/ acne & this oil causes me to break out. If you have skin with similar issues I would pass using this oil for facial skin care. However I do love to use this oil on my relaxed & dry hair. Coconut oil is one of the few oils that can penetrate the outer layer of the hair shaft. I put this on my hair & then put a satin or silk scarf on to prevent my coconut oiled hair from touching my face. Later that day or the next day I wash my hair. The next Coconut oil helps my hair remain soft & gives it incredible silicone like shine! Also this oil has anti bacterial & antifungal properties & its unsaturated oils are good for the heart.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never again!!!! This is the WORST STUFF to put on my face!!! Never have I ever had this dry of skin and have ever BROKEN OUT so much!!!! I'm still recovering from it and it's been since August...3 months! It was a nightmare! I think this can go either way, your skin loves it or hates it. In my case, it Hates it. With a capital H. My scars are proof, and I'm still trying to get rid of those. I give it a year before the scars fade completely. IF. Absolute nightmare.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Lumilintu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

My HG makeup remover! I also have terrible problems with dry skin and occasional eczema flares on my eyelids and under my eyes, and this helps ease them.

I tried to get away from it for a while, as it's a bit messy and weird (well, oily!) but I just keep coming back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by gypsyqueen1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using organic, unrefined coconut oil on my face for about 8 months. I love it! I use it as eye make up remover. It works amazingly well and removes even waterproof mascara easily. I also use it as moisturizer after washing my face with Cetaphil then scrubbing it with Clean and Clear 3-in-1. If you ever experience break outs with coconut oil I would suggest using LESS, the more you use, the more it sits on your skin. If you use just enough to moisten your skin then you used enough. Also, coconut oil helps reduce fine lines on your face. I used to have a frown line between my eyebrows, with daily use of just a tiny bit of coconut oil that line is practically gone. Will definitely continue to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Erickat90

Love using coconut oil as an eye makeup remover!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was buying my first jar of the coconut oil in Waitrose (I've read somewhere that it was good for frying things and I had pancakes in mind for supper), when the cashier said that she uses it as a hair treatment! So when I came back home I prepared my pancakes and put some oil into my hair. I ate the pancakes, washed my hair after 2 hours and it turned out to be a great way to achieve brand new hair ends without a trim, glossy and soft!

I have adopted the oil as a weekly hair treatment (just on my hair, NOT for the scalp though) to keep my ends from getting trimmed for longer and it works wonderfully. I have no problem with washing it off, the ends are sealed and the hair is glossy and not weighted down.

However I must say that it wrecked a real havoc on my face! I tried to take my makeup off with it and it was a massive fail: it has actually DRIED my skin! It became tight and flaky plus some pimples were forming underneath the surface after two weeks of daily use so I had to drop that way of cleansing and moisturising. It took my skin well over a month to get back to its 'normal' self afterwards.

It does not work well on my body either (I much prefer jojoba oil as a body moisturiser) and I am not fond of the smell (the least smelling CO was from a brand called Pucca so I will be buying this one next time) that much.

As a HAIR treatment it is very good, even for my delicate hair but as an all-in-one face cleanser and moisturiser it was a big no-no even for my dry skin.

As a hair treatment it is also very cheap, especially in comparison with professional product bringing similar results - I need less than half a tea spoon for my ends (I put it in dry hair, approx 2 hours before I have to wash it, once a week). The rest of it I use for frying and sometimes raw in my green smoothies. This way a 200 ml jar lasts me about 3-4 months. For about £8 it is not such a bad price.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by hotbeautybitch

Iuse it for my hair only.
I add some hair mask to it to give it a nice texture and use it as hair mask <3
Makes hair really soft and less frizzy and I feel like like i am in Hawaii.
My hair is not curly so I have to wash it afterwards, but still a big fan of it .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, coconut oil. I know a lot of people love this stuff for oil cleansing and moisturizing and makeup removal but it does not really work for my face. I don't get horrible breakouts from it but it does seem to clog my pores, and it just kind of sits of my skin. Also, it doesn't moisturize my body that well either! My body skin gets kind of blotchy and itchy when I use this, and even any ingrown hairs I might have seem to get more inflamed. Bleh!

However, I gave this four stars because it's delectable as a hair treatment. I use it as a hair mask before I wash and it really softens my mane of hair and makes it very shiny the next day. It also works beautifully as a hair serum post-washing, provided I don't use too much of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I bought this to moisterise my super dry, eczema skin and I do like it although I need to add additional moisteriser on the areas that are really dry to lock it in. It absorbs surprisingly quickly and it smells absolutely delicious. I have never used it for anything but my body and I would probably not use it for my face because I have sensitive and acne prone skin. Although it is no miracle worker, I would purchase again because it feels a lot nicer than heavy, thick moisturisers like Sorbolene which sits on the skin and feels unpleasant.