October 24, 2014 | 1239 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!! I'm trying to lean to an all natural skincare regimen and I've started to use this on my under eye and all I can say is I LOVE IT! I mix this coconut oil with argan oil over night and it really does work! Works so much better than expensive eye creams/gels/serums... Get rid of ALL your expensive eye creams and try this! Cheaper, no chemicals, all natural and you know what's exactly in it! Only thing I regret is not doing it earlier! My puffiness has gone down and my eye have begun to tighten! 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Karinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you want great hair go natural people!
I love love love what extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil has done for my hair. Once a week I use it as a hair mask and coat my hair, then leave it over night (pop it is a shower cap because your head will be a greasy mess) and in the morning wash it out with shampoo and condition as usual. I use Giovanni's tea tree triple treat shampoo followed by the deeper moisturizing conditioner, and the end result is smooth, soft and silky hair! I heat style my hair regularly so I have done a lot of damage, and coconut oil is the only thing that restores it. It is also much cheaper then buying a multitude of high end products packed with silicons and other nasty things. Give it a go, your hair will thank you for it :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

OMG ! cystic acne appears like magic when I use extra virgin cold pressed organic raw coconut oil to clean my face. At first, it's very soft for one day. Then the following , pus filled cysts started appearing like magic. And my skin usually doesn't even break out. If you are looking to enhance your flawless face with a few natural cystic beauty marks, look no further than coconut oil. Dang this thing dries out my skin after I wash it off. so now I end up with dry skin on top of pus filled beauty marks.

I try to use it as a body/hand moisturizer but it causes me to itch. My hand while very greasy when coconut oil was applied turns dry after the grease wear out. I don't see it as a good hand moisturizer unless it is combined with something else to help hold in the moisture. This oil is very dry , greasy, and pore clogging at the same time.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love Coconut Oil as a pre-cleanse to take off all my make-up! I rub about half a tsp with my fingers all over my face including my eye make-up and rinse off with a hot wash cloth, before using my regular cleanser to remove any excess oil and dirt. I find it very cost effective and I use it for my hair as well as a mask.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I read all this stuff about how much of a miracle worker coconut oil was, so I went out and bought a tub. Not super cheap, in fact more than my nivea, but I could use it in my hair too. It was quite hard to get out of the tub and found it frustrating to use. I put a large amount in my hair, put it in a showercap and went to bed. I woke up, washed it out and, nothing. There was absolutely no difference in my hair.

Next I tried it on my very dry face. I love face oils, I use Nuxe right now and plan to try avocado next. I rubbed some onto my very dry cheeks and really didn't like the feel. Both greasy and drying at the same time. Weird, but I decided to sleep on it and see what happened. My face was SO dry in the morning. It was tight and flaky and I had to do a mask before I could put on my makeup. It was like I'd slept in cleanser.

I give it two stars because when I put it on my body it was somewhat moisturizing, like better than nothing, but frankly not as good as any cheap giant pump bottles from the drugstore, which cost less for more product.

This was a big fail for me and very very messy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by skinjazz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extremely sensitive skin, so I was very hesitant to use this on my face. I thought I was bound to be allergic to the lauric acid- not so. As it turn out, I find this very soothing, and it seems to calm irritation and normalise the weird redness and itchiness my skin seems to randomly throw out sometimes. It is very drying, but in some cases that can be made to work- I have a few sunblocks that are greasy as hell, but I find that when I put coconut oil on underneath them, it somehow reduces the stickiness (don't ask me how), to give a more matte effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love that this has multiple uses. I would never again use this on my face. I have sensitive skin w/ acne & this oil causes me to break out. If you have skin with similar issues I would pass using this oil for facial skin care. However I do love to use this oil on my relaxed & dry hair. Coconut oil is one of the few oils that can penetrate the outer layer of the hair shaft. I put this on my hair & then put a satin or silk scarf on to prevent my coconut oiled hair from touching my face. Later that day or the next day I wash my hair. The next Coconut oil helps my hair remain soft & gives it incredible silicone like shine! Also this oil has anti bacterial & antifungal properties & its unsaturated oils are good for the heart.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never again!!!! This is the WORST STUFF to put on my face!!! Never have I ever had this dry of skin and have ever BROKEN OUT so much!!!! I'm still recovering from it and it's been since August...3 months! It was a nightmare! I think this can go either way, your skin loves it or hates it. In my case, it Hates it. With a capital H. My scars are proof, and I'm still trying to get rid of those. I give it a year before the scars fade completely. IF. Absolute nightmare.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Lumilintu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

My HG makeup remover! I also have terrible problems with dry skin and occasional eczema flares on my eyelids and under my eyes, and this helps ease them.

I tried to get away from it for a while, as it's a bit messy and weird (well, oily!) but I just keep coming back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by gypsyqueen1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using organic, unrefined coconut oil on my face for about 8 months. I love it! I use it as eye make up remover. It works amazingly well and removes even waterproof mascara easily. I also use it as moisturizer after washing my face with Cetaphil then scrubbing it with Clean and Clear 3-in-1. If you ever experience break outs with coconut oil I would suggest using LESS, the more you use, the more it sits on your skin. If you use just enough to moisten your skin then you used enough. Also, coconut oil helps reduce fine lines on your face. I used to have a frown line between my eyebrows, with daily use of just a tiny bit of coconut oil that line is practically gone. Will definitely continue to use!