November 27, 2014 | 1169 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2003 10:02:00 AM More reviews by FairyJasmine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I so wanted to love this fragrance as I adore vanilla scents and many people had recommended this. Sadly I was very disappointed. I found it intensely floral with a strong background smokey scent which was very unpleasant. Sharp, piercing and not remotely like vanilla. No matter how I tried I couldn't seem to find the vanilla note anywhere. Maybe it's just my chemistry, but I can't imagine ever wearing such an unpleasant scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2003 12:51:00 PM More reviews by desiree_e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

oooh I have finally found it! I was searching for a non-sweet vanilla and this is it. I've never, ever worn vanilla before because it's impossible to find one that fits the bill for me. This L'Artisan is completely unique from all other vanillas. It's not sweet, but very sexy. It's long lasting.. eventually starts smelling a little cocoa buttery too which is good in my opinion. To me, it's worth the price only because I have never, ever, ever, ever found another vanilla as unique and sexy and unsweetend as this one. Perfect for layering too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2003 6:40:00 AM More reviews by dloren

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful, warm smoky vanilla. Nothing like the drugstore vanillas that were popular several years back. This is not a foody vanilla but rather warm & smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2003 6:29:00 AM More reviews by fenice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There are tons of Vanilla scents
on the market but only very few are appealing to me. Vanilia is one of them. It is a warm, slightly spicy vanilla scent, not sugary or foody at all. Staying Power is a nice surprise, as most of the other Artisan fragrances are rather poor on this.
On my skin, Vanilia stays linear from the heart notes to the dry down, a gorgeous and warm all year scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2003 11:28:00 AM More reviews by hitiger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I find this fragrance to be totally unremarkable. I can't even describe it as pleasant. And I would never pay $95 dollars for a bottle of it. Thank goodness I got this as a sample. I really wanted a lovely, spicy vanilla. This is just a nasty, head-achey, cheap smelling floral.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2003 4:50:00 PM More reviews by impishnature

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A subtle, creamy floral. Unfortunately, the floral note is a little sickly in my nose. I was surprised at how strong the floral note was to me; I think I was expecting vanilla tempered by a little spice, but no notable spice...just milky floral tempered by a dash, perhaps, of musk. I'm shocked I didn't really care for this, being a vanilla fan (in all its forms) and a L'Artisan fan. Alas, it's not to be!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2003 12:23:00 PM More reviews by parangbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hope I don't offend anyone who loves this perfume but I feel this perfume smells cheap. I am not a fan of Vanilla fragrance though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2003 6:16:00 AM More reviews by kirana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite perfumes. It's warm, spicy, deep, sweet but not cloyingly/sickly sweet. It's not heavy at all and it's actually soft and rather light. On me, it smells a bit milky/creamy/buttery (but not foody), which I like a lot.The staying power is great, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by jhello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This may be the closest thing to a perfect vanilla fragrance -- just the right balance of softness and spice. It's one of the more costly scents out there, but worthy of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2003 6:37:00 PM More reviews by mreenymo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance. Love it, love it, love it! You may wonder why I am so enthusiastic. To be honest, the three L'Artisan fragrances I had tried in the past just did not work for me. Until I joined MUA and started reviewing all of the raves for the line, I had pretty much given up on trying another L'Artisan product ever again. Boy was I wrong to feel that way! And, boy am I happy I joined MUA! Thanks to some wonderful MUA members, like DianeL, I am exploring and loving the L'Artisan range of fragrances. And Vanilia is at the top of the list. DianeL has done a masterful job of describing it, but I would like to add that Vanilia is not only the vanilla flower and stem--much like an orchid--but it is, also, surprisingly fresh and soapy clean smelling on my skin. So it is simultaneously fragrant, not foody, and clean. It last all day on me, too. What could be better? Nowadays I cannot wait to test other L'Artisan fragrances and will happily review them as the spirit moves me!