September 1, 2014 | 1244 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Burt's Bees - Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 2:02:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does improve my dark circles, but that's not what I'm looking for.. because concealer can fix dark circles. I'm 24 and just got fine lines under my eyes out of no where. I got this in hopes that it would help improve this problem, however, this made the skin around my eyes itch like crazy! And what's worst, I discovered more fine lines around my eyes and dryness. If I could give this a zero, I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mkeck

I've recently made a lifestyle change to using more holistic products in my home and in my beauty routine. I've been using mostly BB skincare products. I've gotten so many compliments. People say that my eyes look brighter and my skin clearer. My eyes may be playing tricks on me, but it seems the dark circles underneath them are diminishing. Even when I'm tired, I feel "radiant". The cream is the perfect consistency and literally melts into my skin. As a preventative measure, I'm dabbing a little around my lips too. I think the scent is a little heavy (although pleasant), but it doesn't hang around too long. I agree with some of the other reviewers. This cream would be better packaged in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by shilo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent eye cream! I was on the fence for a week with this at first. Then I started to notice how wonderfully soft my under eye area was in the morning! My makeup just glided on in that area. Also, there is a sparkle, a "radiance" when you look at your eyes. I love the fact too that it absorbs well on this 58 y/o face. It really does work and no harmful ingredients!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by dustbunnies

I was on the market for a new eyecream after using two jars L'oreal Advanced Revitalift. I haven't tried any other eyecream, so my rating on the Burt's Bees will be based only on my previous experience with the L'oreal. What I can say right away is that the BB absorbs quickly and leaves my skin moisturized for the length that i use it. I apply it night and day and my undereye and eyelid areas are fully moisturized and ready for makeup application. I couldn't say the same for the l'oreal which would leave me re-applying it before I put on my eye makeup because my eyelids were still dry. My eyelids are prone to dryness after I use makeup remover, so having my lids moisturized is an absolute must, and BB does the job. and besides its moisturizing power, it does NOT sting my eyes like the l'oreal can if it seeps in. AND and..it has this addicting scent that lasts for 30 mins after you apply it and leaves me wishing it didn't fade at all. it's just lovely. the price is good considering the l'oreal costs about the same ~$15 if i'm not mistaken. Plus, the BB product is 99% natural and has Kaolin clay in it which tightens lines and reduces the size of your pores!
just a nice product overall, worth trying, especially if you are a first-time eye cream user.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 7:27:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dare I compare this to Chanel's Sublimage? OK, I will. For my money - and I dropped a lot of it on Sublimage only to acquire milia around my eyes - I actually prefer this. The same visual "enhancement" and a much lighter texture. Works very well under make-up as long as you place the cream lower under and off the lid (which I think you should anyway - at least during the day). And let's talk about the reasonable price and wide availability...this is my current HG eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

This eye cream is wonderful! It absorbs well, yet moisturizes really well too! It looks great under makeup, and doesn't leave your eyes looking oily and shiny. And even though I'm only 29, my eyes do seem brighter and more youthful when I use this. I use morning and night, and my fine lines have diminished. I have literally globbed this product IN my eye (accidentally of course), and no stinging whatsoever! I was truly impressed at how gentle this is, whereas other eye creams have made my eyes burn and water from just being NEAR my eyes, much less IN them :-) The scent is beautiful too, just like the Radiance Day Cream!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lilliebet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a good easily-absorbed eye cream that I could use both day and night. I really liked the old Royal Jelly eye cream but in the end found that it was just too thick. I used the Radiance night cream before and really liked it, so I thought I would give this a try. It's only been a few days but here are some initial thoughts: A little dab will do ya! Although it does finally absorb better than the old Royal Jelly, if you use too much you will need to stand there pat-pat-patting for a good while. Overall though, the consistency is very nice. It does have reflective particles that make the whole eye area appear brighter which is great for me because my main complaint isn't bags or lines but darkness. Time will tell if it has an effect on the lines, but with so many great ingredients, I don't see how it couldn't help. I will edit in a few weeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by LexzCW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

For the holidays DH and I went to visit our parents in the Midwest, where I promptly discovered that the the dry heat pumped into airplanes, houses, cars, stores, etc. does not agree well with my skin at all. I was really beginning to look awful, especially around my eyes, so I decided that it was time to look for an eye cream. Since I was just looking for moisture, and not a miracle, I decided that simple was best, and I picked this up because it had good reviews here, and a short list of ingredients that I could understand.

So far I've been using this for about a week and a half and it's doing it's job well. My eye area looks much better, and it doesn't look or feel dry or irritated. I sometimes wear a dab of foundation under my eyes to cover up dark circles and this seems to be helping my foundation apply smoother and blend better. I also like that this cream has a little bit of iridescence, which reflects the light back and makes my eyes look a little more awake. Since the air here is so dry and my skin is dry to begin with I tend to reapply thin layers of this at multiple times throughout the day (in much the same manner that you might reapply lip balm). This comes in a little pot so it's easy for me to tote around, but I do wish that it came in a more sanitary squeeze tube. Also, this has a slight fragrance. I haven't had any problems with it, but normally I do think that Burt's Bees products are more heavily fragranced than they need to be.

Update: The longer I use this the less well it seems to work. Recently I've noticed that this doesn't sink in so well and it doesn't feel as great as it used too, also I don't really want all that fragrance so close to my eyes. I received a sample of Ole Henriksen's Fresh Start Eye Cream recently too and by comparison that seems to work significantly better, so I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a great eye cream. Works well in keeping my skin moisturized and fades the little lines a bit. Melts into skin almost immediately. The scent is wonderful (!) and though it's a bit strong at first it does, thankfully, fade. Love the fact that it's not full of chemicals and the list of ingredients is recognizable and short. My only big complaint is that it comes in a screw top jar. Very unsanitary and I think BB's should go back to the drawing board and create an air tight pump dispenser. Other than that it's a great eye cream and will happily purchase again! EDIT 3/31/08 Found out that Burt's Bees was bought by Clorox, yes the company that makes bleach, last Fall. This is very upsetting to me. Will have to keep an eye on the ingredient lists now. Wonder how long till the good thing BB's has going will be mucked up if it hasn't already. : ( EDIT 8/14/08 This is still a great cream except for two things. Using a bit more than a thin application causes my skin to get puffy. Also using more than an thin application has given me a milia spot and I have no idea how to get rid of that. As soon as I'm done with this jar I won't buy this product again. Waiting on a bottle of Aubrey's Lumessence eye cream and will see how that works since I don't want to continue to buy from BB's since they're now owned by Clorox who bought BB's to tap into the current whole green trend. Knocking this down to three stars instead of my original four given.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 11:06:00 AM More reviews by cleung77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product because it contains Royal Jelly (great for the skin) and I was very pleased with the results. The product is light and has a pleasant fragrance. It moisturizes very well at an affordable price. I shared the product with my mom who is almost 60 years old and wrinkle free. This product really keeps the skin around the eyes smooth.