September 21, 2014 | 1805 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ImAngela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is currently one of my fav cream/gel liners. I have really oily skin and most "waterproof" liners run on me after a few hours. This stays put all day and is easy to remove with an oil eye makeup remover. It glides on smoothly when used with a nice brush. I've had it for about 3 months and it hasn't dried up on me yet. I get my brush loaded up with the product and then screw the lid back on. The longer you have the lid off, the sooner it will dry up. Then I use the back of my hand like a paint pallet. I only gave Jet Set 4 lippies due to it is not really dark black, but still really great liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by exceptional1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this twice now and would not buy it again. I bought my first one from QVC which came with the angled brush. This eyeliner TRULY has a lot of staying power, but it is not an intense black color at all. Also you really have to have a steady hand if you want a really precise line, when using the brush. It dries extremely quickly on the lid so you have to be pretty quick and get it right the first swipe with this liner. The problem that I have had with BOTH of my pots are that the actual eyeliner (even with the lid closed tightly) tends to dry out pretty quickly...not cool, especially for the price of this stuff! When I use it I have to pretty much stick the tip of my brush more towards the bottom of the product which has not dried out yet. Also this eyeliner can really become flaky on the eyelid during application and drops/debris of dried eyeliner may tend to fall DIRECTLY into your eye on application! I wasn't too pleased with this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Okay, I have a truly stupid reason for keeping my Jet Set liners for so long: the tiny pots are so frickin cute and don't take up much space. I was satisfied with the intensity of Midnight Black but if you are the kind of person who needs a the blackest black eyeliner, you will not be happy with this. My favorite liner is MAC Nightfish (still creamy and fab after almost 3 years!), which I describe as an almost black with some cool grey undertones. It's definitely not a brown black. Anyway, when I Midnight Black is not as black as, say, MAC Blacktrack. It's also on the dry side and application was a pain even when the pot was brand new. Staying power was good and it didn't smear on me the way L'Oreal HIP or Clinique cream liners did but it also was not as good as Mac Fluidline. I finally threw out my Jet Set liners, including my beloved Midnight Blue.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by karmastaya

I love this liner. It goes on amazingly well and has great staying power. I love how dark and defined it is.

Took off two lippies because:
a) When you're first putting it on, it will smudge if you're not careful.
b) Can be difficult to remove completely. I use Lancome's Bi-Facil Eye make-up Remover, and I really have to get in tbetween my lashes with a Q-tip to get it all off.
c) Creme eyeliner really requires a good brush. So make sure you have one before purchasing.

[b]e[/b] I'm going to keep my rating at 3, but I'm editing this because I'm finding that WnW's black creme liner is far easier to apply and remove and generally work with.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by psyduck86

i normally go for pencil liners - for the basic purpose of ease and control - and only occasionally do i wear liquid liners. i've never tried cream or gel liners before so i thought i'd give the smashbox waterproof eye liner a shot and i ended up loving it. the consistency is smooth and using an angled eye liner brush, it was so easy to apply. the cream liner puts you in control - you can apply as much or as little as you want, depending on how dark/thick you want to line your eye. the best part is the liner stays put and doesnt crease - plus i dont get the raccoon eye look by the end of the day! the price was a tad bit steep but you actually get quite a lot of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by rolos

I'm not a huge fan of gel liners but I like this one. I've had the same pot for almost three years and it hasn't dried up on me yet. The texture is very creamy and it's fairly easy to put on (I use a lip brush to get an extra thick line) and the black is a true black. It has pretty good staying power, while still being very easy to remove. I rated it a 3 because I just prefer liquid liners =)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first eye liner product that does not come in the form of a pencil or stick-type thing so it's pretty hard to compare to other ones. From my experience, it's not a bad product. I apply this with the MAC 208 or 210 brush and it does its job. I find, though, that it doesn't apply onto the skin that 'smoothly' and it requires a bit with of work BUT I think I know why this is the case. One time, I came home and I found the jar without the lid on it! It was most definitely my mom lol. I think this kinda dried it out which is why it doesn't apply so nicely =( It's pretty pricey - I believe it was around $30 for the pot. On the plus side, it is veryyy long lasting for me and it is definitely waterproof. I wouldn't purchase again cause I'm going to try MAC's fluidline. It had good reviews and its cheaper !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by MCalixto2390

I LOVE this product!! It's small but it really lasts you a WHILE! It's basically, so it's easier to control. I apply it with my MAC #316 brush. I know it's mainly used for lips, but OH WELL, hee hee. I love it on my waterline because it doesn't rub off as quickly as others have described. Only on the outer corners of my eyes but that's it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ErinLindsay

I bought this product to specifically use on the inner rim of my eye and was very disappointed with how quickly it comes off. I have to keep touching it up during the day. This product is not worth the cost.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the pigment but the lasting power is not very good. It lasts until like mid day and then it starts to look faded and smudged. The price is too pricey for its results.