April 21, 2014 | 932 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Black

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Okay, I have a truly stupid reason for keeping my Jet Set liners for so long: the tiny pots are so frickin cute and don't take up much space. I was satisfied with the intensity of Midnight Black but if you are the kind of person who needs a the blackest black eyeliner, you will not be happy with this. My favorite liner is MAC Nightfish (still creamy and fab after almost 3 years!), which I describe as an almost black with some cool grey undertones. It's definitely not a brown black. Anyway, when I Midnight Black is not as black as, say, MAC Blacktrack. It's also on the dry side and application was a pain even when the pot was brand new. Staying power was good and it didn't smear on me the way L'Oreal HIP or Clinique cream liners did but it also was not as good as Mac Fluidline. I finally threw out my Jet Set liners, including my beloved Midnight Blue.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by karmastaya

I love this liner. It goes on amazingly well and has great staying power. I love how dark and defined it is.

Took off two lippies because:
a) When you're first putting it on, it will smudge if you're not careful.
b) Can be difficult to remove completely. I use Lancome's Bi-Facil Eye make-up Remover, and I really have to get in tbetween my lashes with a Q-tip to get it all off.
c) Creme eyeliner really requires a good brush. So make sure you have one before purchasing.

[b]e[/b] I'm going to keep my rating at 3, but I'm editing this because I'm finding that WnW's black creme liner is far easier to apply and remove and generally work with.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by psyduck86

i normally go for pencil liners - for the basic purpose of ease and control - and only occasionally do i wear liquid liners. i've never tried cream or gel liners before so i thought i'd give the smashbox waterproof eye liner a shot and i ended up loving it. the consistency is smooth and using an angled eye liner brush, it was so easy to apply. the cream liner puts you in control - you can apply as much or as little as you want, depending on how dark/thick you want to line your eye. the best part is the liner stays put and doesnt crease - plus i dont get the raccoon eye look by the end of the day! the price was a tad bit steep but you actually get quite a lot of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by rolos

I'm not a huge fan of gel liners but I like this one. I've had the same pot for almost three years and it hasn't dried up on me yet. The texture is very creamy and it's fairly easy to put on (I use a lip brush to get an extra thick line) and the black is a true black. It has pretty good staying power, while still being very easy to remove. I rated it a 3 because I just prefer liquid liners =)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first eye liner product that does not come in the form of a pencil or stick-type thing so it's pretty hard to compare to other ones. From my experience, it's not a bad product. I apply this with the MAC 208 or 210 brush and it does its job. I find, though, that it doesn't apply onto the skin that 'smoothly' and it requires a bit with of work BUT I think I know why this is the case. One time, I came home and I found the jar without the lid on it! It was most definitely my mom lol. I think this kinda dried it out which is why it doesn't apply so nicely =( It's pretty pricey - I believe it was around $30 for the pot. On the plus side, it is veryyy long lasting for me and it is definitely waterproof. I wouldn't purchase again cause I'm going to try MAC's fluidline. It had good reviews and its cheaper !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by MCalixto2390

I LOVE this product!! It's small but it really lasts you a WHILE! It's basically, so it's easier to control. I apply it with my MAC #316 brush. I know it's mainly used for lips, but OH WELL, hee hee. I love it on my waterline because it doesn't rub off as quickly as others have described. Only on the outer corners of my eyes but that's it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ErinLindsay

I bought this product to specifically use on the inner rim of my eye and was very disappointed with how quickly it comes off. I have to keep touching it up during the day. This product is not worth the cost.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the pigment but the lasting power is not very good. It lasts until like mid day and then it starts to look faded and smudged. The price is too pricey for its results.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by PinkPassions

This is the worst liner.. it stays on for maybe five mins and runs down my face! i prefer px or lancome...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Tinkergirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Would I buy this product again? YES! In fact I have bought it over and over again because there is nothing on the market that is better then this little black jar of liner. Worlds apart from their other inferior cream liners, the JET SET stays on the inner rim of your eyes, it does not smudge or run. It's easy to apply with the right brush (I prefer the flat edged square synthetic brush, and it doesn't have to be a smashbox brush, by the way).
DO NOT LEAVE THE TOP OFF OF THIS JAR. It will dry up and be unuseable. There is no way to rehydrate it (I've tried!). If you keep the lid tight on this product it will not dry up on you, promise. I have had mine for 5 months!
If you like deep blues, there is a beautiful shade of blackish-blue jet-set as well!