November 27, 2014 | 1368 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - The Comforter Bubble Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Lylacgirl

Don't get me started.. this is by far one of my favourite bubble bars from Lush. It has a deep black current smell which reminds me of the sweetie pie shower jelly, amazing. The size is HUGE compared to lots of the bubble bars and costs $8.95 where I live. A tiny bit pricey but hey, it's a huge chunk.. seems like it's worth it. This made the best bubbles ever and turned the water to a lovely pink, also very relaxing as a food soak. I wanted to just fall asleep when I used this. Simply lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ewwwwww. Clearly I'm in the minority here, but this smells sooooooo bad. It supposedly has a berries and cream scent, and I can sort of catch it here and there, but it smells extremely artificial. The pink, soft water is fun, for sure. But after I used a small piece (for a foot bath) I left it on the counter in its plastic bag. I didn't close the bag but why would I, since this is a glorified chunk of dehydrated, aerated bubble soap? For the next day I wandered around my house wondering what was causing that plasticky, nausea-inducing smell. Truly horrifying, and yet another reminder for me to NEVER buy into the LUSH hype!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by aislings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite Lush Bubble Bar! I find that alot of them can be hit or miss in terms of quality, scent and value. This one is a hit in all catagories! I can usually get 6 uses out of 1 bar and it bubbles up so much! Love the scent too. Leaves my skin soft and moiturized from the essential oils.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by mshotpink

I was really disappointed with this bar. After reading all the reviews about this bar I had to go try it out! I don't like lush packaging at all it basically came in a newspaper and a small plastic bag. I get that theyre organic and recycle and all but still. Also I ditnt like the smell I got 2 free soap samples from this bar sp maybe that made this bar smell the way it did. It had a very herbal smell to it nothing sweet about it. I do like how the water turned pink and the bubbles were nice too. But overall I don't think this product was anything special, nothing that I can't get from the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by jmaclove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely my favorite bubble bar from LUSH. The smell is so amazing, I could eat it. It's very fruity and sweet. A bar of this runs about $10, but you can break it into 4 good sized chunks and get 4 baths out of it. This product produces tons of bubbles for a soothing and relaxing bath. Only downfall is it stains the tub a bit, but not very badly.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

This bubble bar is better than other lush bubble bars or bubble bombs in that it actually creates a good amount of bubbles and it last a few baths (unlike other ones that only last once). However, I don't find that it is anything outstanding especially when it is expensive relative to bottled bubble bath products I can get in a drug store (which works just as good or better). The smell is like bubble gum/pez; nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must start by thanking marissabugg for swapping with me for this! Of course, this is now discontinued (and that's according to Lush customer service, even though the twits had it listed on their website until a few days ago), which usually happens when I love a product. Anyway, I love this as much as I love the bubble bar although it smells very, very different, both in the bottle and in the shower. This shower gel is thich, rich, and very, very pink (it must be *loaded* with dye--I mean, it's incredibly, deeply, tenaciously pink). It lathers very well and only a tiny bit is needed, even on a washcloth. Now, the scent. LUSH says that it contains bergamot and blackcurrant oil. Unlike the bubble bar, it's not a sweet scent--it's much more tart and multidimensional. I find that it smells more like pomegranate than cassis, which is not bad, just different than I expected--and a bit of the scent lingers pleasantly on the skin afterwards. This is a great morning wake-up scent. I would continue to buy this if it were available. (Hello, Lush? Why would you discontinue a popular product?)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so in love with this bubble bar! The scent really is comforting--sweet and candy-like, but there's a bit of currant tartness as well. I find that I can get four baths from each bar, and every bath has tons of bubbles and lovely pink water. I feel refreshed and relaxed when I get out of the tub after enjoying this scent. I think the price is ridiculous, but I love it so much that I'll buy it again. Many thanks to meghan4mark sending this to me in a fab swap!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by slew84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this bubble bar. You get so many uses out of one bar. Smells great. It leaves the water pink and so soft and your skin so smooth. Also great price for its size compared to lush's other bubble bars. You can also use it alone or with a bath bomb for even a better smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

Love it! Big bubbles, smells like amazing, silky water plus the 3-4 time usage... pretty much the best thing at LUSH for the bath.