September 2, 2014 | 1953 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Leaves my hair greasy after about 12 hrs post washing but great for when I don't have time to wash and then deep condtion, rinse, etc. I alternate with other shampoos and it's great for keeping my highly color-treated and damaged hair from falling out and breaking when I need to do a quick wash but for when I want my hair to look great and have the time, I'd use a reg shampoo + deep condition. I have baby fine hair, very damaged and do better washing every few days and letting the oils build slowly but sometimes you have to wash and re-style, for that, this is great. Not the best results afterwards for styling, hair is flat but at least not the clumpy, dull look when I'm going between washings.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

This stuff made a couple of chunks of my hair fall right out of my head at the root. It took a year for these bald spots to heal. This happens to other people as well, this stuff is too expensive to be so crappy!!
*******
A friend of mine gave me a full sized bottle as a gift. Ive tried several different ways to use this, but it always just makes my hair so greasy. Its AWESOME to add into your normal shampoo, esp after coloring. I also really like to shave my legs with it. I just dont think my hair is ment for this cleansing conditioning thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by 1017

If you are going to try Wen, don't fall into the seasonal scents or the special other scents, just start with this one. I am not saying Wen is HG, but this is by far the best one out of the 3 that I have tried for my fine wavy locks. It is the original. So if you are going to try WEN...start with this. I even prefer this over the famed Pumpkin Ginger (not in scent but in performance). So again, I am going on record as saying the SAM is my fave of the Wen's.

As for Wen itself, it's not bad. I am using it solely right now with the bi weekly clarifying I do. But for some one that needs to wash every day to style her hair...this is a nice product for it. Is it everything the TV infomercials say? No, not even close. My color still faded eventually...maybe gave me a week or two more time. My hair feels fine, but it isn't PERFECT like they show. So if you get the infomercials out of your head and try it objectively, follow the rules (except play with how much you need) this can be a very nice product to use. Will I rebuy? Maybe.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanReview

If you want shine, no flyaways, a smooth texture, manageability and a luster (especially in the light), you will be thrilled by this product. It will eventually lead you to bald head. Enough said?

To provide more detail: I only dispersed the product from the nape of my neck to the ends as a precautionary measure (rubbing into my scalp could mean even more breakage from the crown; not a desirable outcome). Even with this "half" application, my hair proceeded to endure breakage and eventual hair loss. Once out of the shower you may notice even more breakage, a crunchy texture, itchiness and an inability to brush through your hair before drying. If this at all sounds appealing to you, go ahead and purchase Wen!

I find the almond scent to be divine (no sarcasm). Unfortunately, this product does not serve as a condiment...nor a hair cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRose93

I've only used Wen three times, but I totally love it!

The first thing I've noticed is that my dandruff has gotten a lot better - I guess because Wen isn't drying out my scalp like regular shampoo. The second thing is that my hair colour doesn't fade as much. I dye my hair red, and usually when I wash my hair the water runs out red, but with Wen the water runs clear!

My hair is also clean and well-conditioned. Okay, it hasn't had quite the effect that the infomercials had, but what infomercials product does? My dry ends feel a bit nicer, my hair is clean, my scalp is better, and my colour is fading a lot less. That is good enough for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by x3Killjoy

My friend had told me that she liked this product and worked well for her thick, curly hair, but she didn't seem "in love" with it. Fortunately, I didnt waste my money on this because she gave me a bottle. I have very thick, slightly wavy, frizzy, and dry hair, and the end result looked nothing like the infomercials on tv.

First of all, it's very time consuming. My hair is thick and about mid-back length and it probably took me 10 minutes to wash my hair, and another 10 to rinse out, and I even might have rushed that. It still didnt feel like it was completly rinsed out of my hair either.

Also, I had to use like 25 pumps, in about three uses 1/5 of the bottle was gone. The minty smell was overwhelming also.

End result, my hair was still dry, frizzy, flat, and dull. Using pantene or john frieda worked better! And that's less than $10 a bottle and lasts forever. Maybe I didn't it enough to get good results, but I gave up after a few uses. I'll stick to my drugstore brand shampoo and conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Beare1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is FAR to expensive to buy again AND it leaves my hair terribly greasy. It smells nice and has a great cooling feeling but it's not worth the price and it destroys hair! My hair became brittle, had fallout, and was awfully oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by mommy2lj

I just received this product and have only used it a few times. So far I like it. I feel like a see a difference right away. Hard to get used to the fact it doesnt lather. Scent of Sweet Almond Mint is very nice!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Wensucks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why has there not been a class action against this Chaz Dean, character?, This product is absolutely, BS, I sent for an order, which i HATED by the way and this FRAUD company keep sending bills after i told them their product was worse than CRAP and canceled, I hope he pays his ACTRESSES much money to back this bs!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Raddit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've only been using this product for a week and I will report back after using the rest of the bottle. I have very fine, thin, straight blonde hair. I am naturally a dishwater blonde, so I feel I have to do something to my hair, either darken or lighten it, so it isn't quite so meh. Because its so fine and I have colored it often, it is damaged. The texture is also meh, because its not perfectly straight, but has enough of a wave (okay, I wouldn't even call it a wave) in the ends to be annoying...so I have to straighten it, curl it or blow it out to get it to look decent (damage, damage, damage). I am trying to grow it out to about the length of my bra strap and its currently a little past my shoulders. My hair has been quite dry lately, probably from all of the products I have been using with protein in them, to attempt to strengthen my hair. So I was looking for something to moisturize my dry hair and this stuff seems to be the ticket. I bought the sweet almond mint, because it is said to be the universal cleansing conditioner. My first impression upon pumping it into my hands is that it feels very waxy and thick. I got my hair soaking wet, and then worked the product in, two pumps at a time, until I had used about 8 total throughout my hair. I ran my head back and forth under the shower twice and then proceeded to work it into my hair and scalp. The smell was strongly minty and I liked how it made my scalp feel tingly and clean. It did feel a little, tiny bit foamy. After a couple of minutes, I gently combed through it with a wide tooth comb and then clipped it up for the rest of the shower. After I did everything else one does in the shower, I rinsed. And rinsed. And then rinsed some more...until I felt no residue on my hair. I then mixed half of pump of the conditioning cleanser and the sweet almond mint styling cream into my hair. Afterwards my hair felt clean and looked shiny. It felt almost like my 6 year old daughters hair...soft and smooth. I didn't really get any special volumizing benefit from it, but then I'm using this to grow my hair out more than anything.
A couple of notes about this...It is REALLY time consuming. And with all of the scrubbing you are expected to do while you are working this stuff in, I have to question if that isn't doing some kind of damage anyway? I really like the way my hair feels after using this, but I can't get over how time consuming it is. I think if you want to use a product that is more traditional with similar (but not the same) results, you should try the Morrocanoil moisturizing shampoo and conditioner...much faster, but the results aren't quite the same. I'll keep using this for now...love the results, but not so much the super long shower.
Oh and I would say that you don't have to wash your hair everyday while using this, but I do, because I workout everyday.