October 26, 2014 | 1536 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by countrychic

First time used my hair was soft and wavy with awesome frizz control. I was pleased, but the next day my hair looked weighed down and greasy. With continue use I never did get that first time awe again. I then had to wash my hair with regular shampoo in between using this product. I think a good conditioner would do the same job for a fraction of the cost. And best of all no automatic shipments and credit card charges. For sake of the company's name I had awesome customer service with no trouble cancelling my order.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by annandmichele

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

made my scalp so itchy. Also noticed more hair in the hair trapper of my shower. After reading that this product will make you lose your hair, and eventually bald, I returned it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Jenabee333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fine, colour treated hair that is past my shoulders. I was a little worried after I used this and read the reviews--a few people said it made their hair fall out?!

But my hair feels clean and very conditioned. It also has great body, especially at the roots, where my hair normally sticks to my head.

I think I like this stuff!

Update: I don't like this stuff... after using it a few times it gave me dandruff and make my hair ultra greasy. I only use it now as a leave in on the ends of my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Leaves my hair greasy after about 12 hrs post washing but great for when I don't have time to wash and then deep condtion, rinse, etc. I alternate with other shampoos and it's great for keeping my highly color-treated and damaged hair from falling out and breaking when I need to do a quick wash but for when I want my hair to look great and have the time, I'd use a reg shampoo + deep condition. I have baby fine hair, very damaged and do better washing every few days and letting the oils build slowly but sometimes you have to wash and re-style, for that, this is great. Not the best results afterwards for styling, hair is flat but at least not the clumpy, dull look when I'm going between washings.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

This stuff made a couple of chunks of my hair fall right out of my head at the root. It took a year for these bald spots to heal. This happens to other people as well, this stuff is too expensive to be so crappy!!
*******
A friend of mine gave me a full sized bottle as a gift. Ive tried several different ways to use this, but it always just makes my hair so greasy. Its AWESOME to add into your normal shampoo, esp after coloring. I also really like to shave my legs with it. I just dont think my hair is ment for this cleansing conditioning thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by 1017

If you are going to try Wen, don't fall into the seasonal scents or the special other scents, just start with this one. I am not saying Wen is HG, but this is by far the best one out of the 3 that I have tried for my fine wavy locks. It is the original. So if you are going to try WEN...start with this. I even prefer this over the famed Pumpkin Ginger (not in scent but in performance). So again, I am going on record as saying the SAM is my fave of the Wen's.

As for Wen itself, it's not bad. I am using it solely right now with the bi weekly clarifying I do. But for some one that needs to wash every day to style her hair...this is a nice product for it. Is it everything the TV infomercials say? No, not even close. My color still faded eventually...maybe gave me a week or two more time. My hair feels fine, but it isn't PERFECT like they show. So if you get the infomercials out of your head and try it objectively, follow the rules (except play with how much you need) this can be a very nice product to use. Will I rebuy? Maybe.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanReview

If you want shine, no flyaways, a smooth texture, manageability and a luster (especially in the light), you will be thrilled by this product. It will eventually lead you to bald head. Enough said?

To provide more detail: I only dispersed the product from the nape of my neck to the ends as a precautionary measure (rubbing into my scalp could mean even more breakage from the crown; not a desirable outcome). Even with this "half" application, my hair proceeded to endure breakage and eventual hair loss. Once out of the shower you may notice even more breakage, a crunchy texture, itchiness and an inability to brush through your hair before drying. If this at all sounds appealing to you, go ahead and purchase Wen!

I find the almond scent to be divine (no sarcasm). Unfortunately, this product does not serve as a condiment...nor a hair cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRose93

I've only used Wen three times, but I totally love it!

The first thing I've noticed is that my dandruff has gotten a lot better - I guess because Wen isn't drying out my scalp like regular shampoo. The second thing is that my hair colour doesn't fade as much. I dye my hair red, and usually when I wash my hair the water runs out red, but with Wen the water runs clear!

My hair is also clean and well-conditioned. Okay, it hasn't had quite the effect that the infomercials had, but what infomercials product does? My dry ends feel a bit nicer, my hair is clean, my scalp is better, and my colour is fading a lot less. That is good enough for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by x3Killjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My friend had told me that she liked this product and worked well for her thick, curly hair, but she didn't seem "in love" with it. Fortunately, I didnt waste my money on this because she gave me a bottle. I have very thick, slightly wavy, frizzy, and dry hair, and the end result looked nothing like the infomercials on tv.

First of all, it's very time consuming. My hair is thick and about mid-back length and it probably took me 10 minutes to wash my hair, and another 10 to rinse out, and I even might have rushed that. It still didnt feel like it was completly rinsed out of my hair either.

Also, I had to use like 25 pumps, in about three uses 1/5 of the bottle was gone. The minty smell was overwhelming also.

End result, my hair was still dry, frizzy, flat, and dull. Using pantene or john frieda worked better! And that's less than $10 a bottle and lasts forever. Maybe I didn't it enough to get good results, but I gave up after a few uses. I'll stick to my drugstore brand shampoo and conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Beare1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is FAR to expensive to buy again AND it leaves my hair terribly greasy. It smells nice and has a great cooling feeling but it's not worth the price and it destroys hair! My hair became brittle, had fallout, and was awfully oily.