July 22, 2014 | 1411 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRose93

I've only used Wen three times, but I totally love it!

The first thing I've noticed is that my dandruff has gotten a lot better - I guess because Wen isn't drying out my scalp like regular shampoo. The second thing is that my hair colour doesn't fade as much. I dye my hair red, and usually when I wash my hair the water runs out red, but with Wen the water runs clear!

My hair is also clean and well-conditioned. Okay, it hasn't had quite the effect that the infomercials had, but what infomercials product does? My dry ends feel a bit nicer, my hair is clean, my scalp is better, and my colour is fading a lot less. That is good enough for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by x3Killjoy

My friend had told me that she liked this product and worked well for her thick, curly hair, but she didn't seem "in love" with it. Fortunately, I didnt waste my money on this because she gave me a bottle. I have very thick, slightly wavy, frizzy, and dry hair, and the end result looked nothing like the infomercials on tv.

First of all, it's very time consuming. My hair is thick and about mid-back length and it probably took me 10 minutes to wash my hair, and another 10 to rinse out, and I even might have rushed that. It still didnt feel like it was completly rinsed out of my hair either.

Also, I had to use like 25 pumps, in about three uses 1/5 of the bottle was gone. The minty smell was overwhelming also.

End result, my hair was still dry, frizzy, flat, and dull. Using pantene or john frieda worked better! And that's less than $10 a bottle and lasts forever. Maybe I didn't it enough to get good results, but I gave up after a few uses. I'll stick to my drugstore brand shampoo and conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Beare1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is FAR to expensive to buy again AND it leaves my hair terribly greasy. It smells nice and has a great cooling feeling but it's not worth the price and it destroys hair! My hair became brittle, had fallout, and was awfully oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by mommy2lj

I just received this product and have only used it a few times. So far I like it. I feel like a see a difference right away. Hard to get used to the fact it doesnt lather. Scent of Sweet Almond Mint is very nice!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Wensucks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why has there not been a class action against this Chaz Dean, character?, This product is absolutely, BS, I sent for an order, which i HATED by the way and this FRAUD company keep sending bills after i told them their product was worse than CRAP and canceled, I hope he pays his ACTRESSES much money to back this bs!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Raddit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've only been using this product for a week and I will report back after using the rest of the bottle. I have very fine, thin, straight blonde hair. I am naturally a dishwater blonde, so I feel I have to do something to my hair, either darken or lighten it, so it isn't quite so meh. Because its so fine and I have colored it often, it is damaged. The texture is also meh, because its not perfectly straight, but has enough of a wave (okay, I wouldn't even call it a wave) in the ends to be annoying...so I have to straighten it, curl it or blow it out to get it to look decent (damage, damage, damage). I am trying to grow it out to about the length of my bra strap and its currently a little past my shoulders. My hair has been quite dry lately, probably from all of the products I have been using with protein in them, to attempt to strengthen my hair. So I was looking for something to moisturize my dry hair and this stuff seems to be the ticket. I bought the sweet almond mint, because it is said to be the universal cleansing conditioner. My first impression upon pumping it into my hands is that it feels very waxy and thick. I got my hair soaking wet, and then worked the product in, two pumps at a time, until I had used about 8 total throughout my hair. I ran my head back and forth under the shower twice and then proceeded to work it into my hair and scalp. The smell was strongly minty and I liked how it made my scalp feel tingly and clean. It did feel a little, tiny bit foamy. After a couple of minutes, I gently combed through it with a wide tooth comb and then clipped it up for the rest of the shower. After I did everything else one does in the shower, I rinsed. And rinsed. And then rinsed some more...until I felt no residue on my hair. I then mixed half of pump of the conditioning cleanser and the sweet almond mint styling cream into my hair. Afterwards my hair felt clean and looked shiny. It felt almost like my 6 year old daughters hair...soft and smooth. I didn't really get any special volumizing benefit from it, but then I'm using this to grow my hair out more than anything.
A couple of notes about this...It is REALLY time consuming. And with all of the scrubbing you are expected to do while you are working this stuff in, I have to question if that isn't doing some kind of damage anyway? I really like the way my hair feels after using this, but I can't get over how time consuming it is. I think if you want to use a product that is more traditional with similar (but not the same) results, you should try the Morrocanoil moisturizing shampoo and conditioner...much faster, but the results aren't quite the same. I'll keep using this for now...love the results, but not so much the super long shower.
Oh and I would say that you don't have to wash your hair everyday while using this, but I do, because I workout everyday.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really tried to like the Wen system however it proved to be too much of a pain in the *** with the mail order delivery system etc. I was charged for items I did not order, and items I clearly stated I did not want or sign up for. Trying to cancel was rediculous as the sales people were annoying and relentless. It came to a point where I regretted ever ordering the products. The only scent I cared for was the winter peppermint vanilla type scent which was only available for a short time. This stuff worked OK, but I have long thick hair and had to use a TON of product to get this to work correctly and to properly condition my hair. No more mail order stuff for me please, if I can't purchase it in the store forget it. The formula for Wen is simply just OK, I can think of many other great products that are sulfate free etc that far out perform Wen.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by softballmari27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

shit made my hair fall out. what more else to say?

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Tanagra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really tried to like Wen. I wanted it to work. I followed the directions to the letter, used the 10 to 15 pumps, massaged it in, let it sit, etc., etc. My hair just came out looking oily. No matter how long I left the product on my hair to sit, no matter how much or little I left on as an added conditioner, my hair never looked clean or healthy or bouncy, or anything that was promised in the ad.

The peppermint oil also had a painful, numbing effect on my hands from massaging the cream onto my head. Disappointing.

I'm currently using up what I have left as just a conditioner after putting another shampoo on my hair. I've had better luck that way.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyDior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE Wen ever since switching to Wen(Bought the gallon size) my hair has been noticably more healthy more shiny and much much more manageable. After using Wen for almost 2 years I decided to bleach my hair from a level 3 brown to bleach blonde, using beyond the zone radical bleach kit my hair had actually turned blonde but had a little bit of a yellow hint, used wella whit lady to tone it...but anyway make along story short after the bleaching with level 40 developer and then toning with level 30 my hair should have been fried or atleast damaged but I truly believe that the Wen helped protect my hair and had gotten it in such a healthy condition that all the chemicals didnt really hurt my hair. BTW Overall score is a 4 cause its sooo expensive,packaging quality is a 3 cause there always is some left in the bottom of the bottle that i just cant get lol.