October 30, 2014 | 1693 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - ICE SHINE

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Marisela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the big bottle of this stuff. My straight, fine hair wasn't that much shinier than normal but it did seem coarser and would break easier. Not worth the shine! But the thing that really turned me off was that about 2/3 through the bottle it started smelling really bad! Apparently it has a very short shelf life or I got a bad batch. I'm not one to waste shampoo so I finished it, but blech! Never again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Melly555

This did not work well on my hair. I have highlighted hair that is very long. It tends to get frizzy and this shampoo made it worse! My hair felt completely stripped and bone dry when I used this. There are much better products out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I usually use the Classic Clean Pantene shampoo, but I decided to give this a try.

The first time I used it.... it felt really weird. I have really thick. coarse, and long black Asian hair, and for sure, this makes my hair really shiny. However, it gives your hair a really weird texture; I think it really strips it of your natural oils. Literally, as I was washing my hair, I could HEAR it SQUEAKING. As in squeaky clean, in a bad way. It was REALLY weird, and it definitely doesn't feel healthy. It also made it harder to brush through my hair to put on conditioner - granted, I didn't use the Ice Shine conditioner, but the Pantene Smooth & Sleek Conditioner. Boohoo.

Anyways, this just it makes my hair TOO shiny. It almost looks OILY, it's that shiny. And over time, I also found this made my hair oiler than it usually is. And tanglier. Aughhh.

I have naturally shiny hair anyways. I'm not sure why I really got this - will not repurchase! I think I will stick with the Classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by beachhunny07

I rate this a 5 because I LOVE IT!! makes my hair so SHINY and so soft and with the conditioner it makes it soooo very smoothe, nothing bad about the product itself. The packaging however... I got the large bottle and when I was in the shower I squirted some in my hand and then went to set it down and since the bottom is not that stable the the shampoo/conditioner It fell on my toe! AND hurt so BAD!! But love this product very much! I have medium length hair...non greasy, just normal!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by RockNRollRylty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo looked intimidating at first because it's clear, not a cream shampoo. This stuff is great. It's not drying, like a clarifying shampoo and doesn't "over do it." Smells great, feels creamy and does add to the shine of my hair, which is naturally shiny anyway! I'm usually not satisfied with just one brand of shampoo and conditioner and can't use them as a combo. I usually have to mix and match them, but this goes great with the Pantene Ice Shine Conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by CuteSweetSlly1

I was sleeping over at my best friends house and i stayed up all night, bored, and while she was sleeping at about 4 am i decided to take a shower lol. they ended up having the pantene ice shine shampoo, so i excitedly gave it a try and loved it! it cleaned my hair very well and left it smelling nice. this is the kind of shampoo id want to use only about once or twice a week though...very drying. i normally use herbal essences.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did nothing for hair. I think it actually weighed it down. I threw it in the trash. One of the only Pantene products I dislike.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 5:32:00 AM More reviews by jessicaho

My HG shampoo along with its conditioner. Awesome for my black, asian hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jennlaVICIOUS

I was drawn into straying away from purchasing Pantene moisture renewal when I saw the pretty ice cubes on the ice shine bottles. Bad idea. It dried out my hair so much, but I did get some shine out of it. Nothing worth applauding about though. Being the cheap-o I am, I used it all up to the end. Bad idea once again. The ends of my hair were so dried out that I had to get a trim to get rid of what I called my straw ends. Wouldn't recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by neonlights

Kind of a mixed review, here! I really like the Ice Shine shampoo & conditioner -it makes my hair smooth, shiny and silky, plus it's a great price! I find it best to leave the conditioner on for 5 to 10 minutes or so. Unfortunately, build up is quite bad -my hairdresser mentioned something to do with it having a lot of sillicone in- so I use it for just a couple of weeks, then swap to another shampoo & conditioner for a while then return to the Pantene one. Packaging is OK, but a bit boring and cheapo!

I've actually got a picture of my hair taken a few hours after washing it with Ice Shine:

continued >>