Pantene ICE SHINE

2.8

My hair turned out very nice the FIRST time I used this product. After successive use though, my fine hair felt weighed down a lot more, which is weird for a clear shampoo.
So, first time my hair was noticeably shinier and impervious to humidity (impressed?). Second time, it dried flat to my head. Disappointing, and the smell isn't much to boast about either.

on 7/19/2008 9:30:00 PM

I bought the big bottle of this stuff. My straight, fine hair wasn't that much shinier than normal but it did seem coarser and would break easier. Not worth the shine! But the thing that really turned me off was that about 2/3 through the bottle it started smelling really bad! Apparently it has a very short shelf life or I got a bad batch. I'm not one to waste shampoo so I finished it, but blech! Never again.

on 7/17/2008 1:42:00 PM

This did not work well on my hair. I have highlighted hair that is very long. It tends to get frizzy and this shampoo made it worse! My hair felt completely stripped and bone dry when I used this. There are much better products out there.

on 6/6/2008 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I usually use the Classic Clean Pantene shampoo, but I decided to give this a try.

The first time I used it.... it felt really weird. I have really thick. coarse, and long black Asian hair, and for sure, this makes my hair really shiny. However, it gives your hair a really weird texture; I think it really strips it of your natural oils. Literally, as I was washing my hair, I could HEAR it SQUEAKING. As in squeaky clean, in a bad way. It was REALLY weird, and it definitely doesn't feel healthy. It also made it harder to brush through my hair to put on conditioner - granted, I didn't use the Ice Shine conditioner, but the Pantene Smooth & Sleek Conditioner. Boohoo.

Anyways, this just it makes my hair TOO shiny. It almost looks OILY, it's that shiny. And over time, I also found this made my hair oiler than it usually is. And tanglier. Aughhh.

I have naturally shiny hair anyways. I'm not sure why I really got this - will not repurchase! I think I will stick with the Classic.

on 5/29/2008 9:05:00 PM

I rate this a 5 because I LOVE IT!! makes my hair so SHINY and so soft and with the conditioner it makes it soooo very smoothe, nothing bad about the product itself. The packaging however... I got the large bottle and when I was in the shower I squirted some in my hand and then went to set it down and since the bottom is not that stable the the shampoo/conditioner It fell on my toe! AND hurt so BAD!! But love this product very much! I have medium length hair...non greasy, just normal!

This shampoo looked intimidating at first because it's clear, not a cream shampoo. This stuff is great. It's not drying, like a clarifying shampoo and doesn't "over do it." Smells great, feels creamy and does add to the shine of my hair, which is naturally shiny anyway! I'm usually not satisfied with just one brand of shampoo and conditioner and can't use them as a combo. I usually have to mix and match them, but this goes great with the Pantene Ice Shine Conditioner.

I was sleeping over at my best friends house and i stayed up all night, bored, and while she was sleeping at about 4 am i decided to take a shower lol. they ended up having the pantene ice shine shampoo, so i excitedly gave it a try and loved it! it cleaned my hair very well and left it smelling nice. this is the kind of shampoo id want to use only about once or twice a week though...very drying. i normally use herbal essences.

on 4/17/2008 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Did nothing for hair. I think it actually weighed it down. I threw it in the trash. One of the only Pantene products I dislike.

on 4/3/2008 5:32:00 AM

My HG shampoo along with its conditioner. Awesome for my black, asian hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was drawn into straying away from purchasing Pantene moisture renewal when I saw the pretty ice cubes on the ice shine bottles. Bad idea. It dried out my hair so much, but I did get some shine out of it. Nothing worth applauding about though. Being the cheap-o I am, I used it all up to the end. Bad idea once again. The ends of my hair were so dried out that I had to get a trim to get rid of what I called my straw ends. Wouldn't recommend!

Popular Shampoos