Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

3.3

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1. (2011 formulation)

on 9/12/2011 8:11:00 AM

Of course like an idiot I bought the huge bottles of the poo/cond. before using since it was the best smelling poo/cond. I found in the d/s. This stuff made my scalp go insane. It felt like I had an allergic reaction. Anyone who is interested, I have these up for swap, used only once.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I HATE this shampoo. It left a film on my hair that I can't even explain. It literally felt like I had lotion on my hair. It weighed my hair down and made it feel so oily only hours after washed it. The only reason I gave this a some-what okay review is because it smells wonderful. I'm a sucker for coconut shampoo and I really liked the smell of this. I will definitly NEVER repurchase.

on 9/1/2011 8:50:00 PM

I go back to this shampoo a lot. First, I'm not very picky with shampoo. So my opinion on it is that it is great. It is moisturizing, as it says on the bottle. It smells amazing, and cleans my hair well. In general I like Herbal Essences. I know that a lot of people don't - but if you do then try hello hydration out. (:

on 8/30/2011 1:38:00 PM

DO NOT BUY THIS SHAMPOO!!!! I cannot stress it enough how much it has damaged my hair!!!!
I bought this shampoo & conditioner after seeing some amazing reviews. I too was very impressed when I started using it. It was very moisturizing, gave my hair volume and most of all did not make my roots oily! I could literally go 3 days without washing my hair and it still felt clean. I was so excited that I had finally found a product that worked so well with my combo hair and not to mention for an amazing price....Well I knew all this was too good to be true. A few weeks into using the products I noticed my hair getting dry. I wasn't exactly sure if it was due to the product or my recently dyed hair so I continued to use it and my hair just became more and more dry and started to lose all shine. All of a sudden my hair was completely dull like never before. I started to look at closely in the mirror and discovered that it was COMPLETELY stripping my hair colour. I have never experienced this with any shampoo or conditioner in my life! This was the worst condition I have ever seen my hair. I swear I almost cried, well not really lol but I was very very upset.
I have re-dyed my hair and swithed to a salon brand to try to recover my hair. Even though I still have not found the HG of hair care, my hair has improved drastically in the past couple of weeks. I still have some work to do but the shine came back almost immediately once I started to use a quality product and no more fade out! Oh and this shampoo also caused me to break out on my face, neck and shoulders. A COMPLETE FAILURE!!!

on 8/29/2011 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this stuff for a couple yrs now. i've tried other products, but i usually come back to this. it makes my hair very soft and silky while keeping the volume. this is a miracle bc my hair is naturally prone to frizz and dryness, so volumizing products usually don't help me much at all, but many of the moisturizing products out there made my hair too flat for my liking. this also smells good. it has SLS in it, which i dont like, but for the price, i'd say this is a pretty solid product. def one of the better ones by herbal essences, for me at least. i would not recommend it if your hair is fine, but if your hair is dry and thicker and frizzy and you wanna save some $$, go for it.

on 8/26/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This shampoo is pretty average to me. Nothing special, but it's not too bad either. For the price, it isn't bad, but it won't do miracles. Using just the shampoo alone doesn't dry out my hair like a lot of shampoos would, but it doesn't moisturize mine either, although the conditioner is very moisturizing itself. I probably won't buy it again, but it wasn't a complete waste of money.

on 8/26/2011 5:16:00 PM

Dried the HECK out of my hair....worse than most shampoo's out there. Guess you get what you pay for. the only reason I gave it 2 stars is because the smell is fantastic. BTW - I have shoulder length naturally wavy medium blonde hair. PS - I am trying Nature's Gate Pomegranate Sunflower Hair Defense Shampoo next since it doesn't contain any sulfates....that chemical really kills your hair...(and your color)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is, personally, the best shampoo/conditioner combo that has ever been made. My hair is usually flat, but somehow it adds volume and makes it look and feel clean. This shampoo also adds shine to my hair, and doesn't dry it out.I would definitely buy this product again.

This is a good shampoo for the price point of $2.00 and change.

When my hair is feeling super dry I can use this and it actually does help. The conditioner helps more so maybe if you're going to try them buy the pair.

My advice would be that, if you have dry hair, try the self-targeting formula instead.

on 8/18/2011 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't understand all the negative reviews. Its a cheap shampoo! What do you expect? Miracles? Its great for the price. It cleans, makes my hair soft and moisturized, and smells really nice. Its not going to bring angels singing into your shower everytime you use it. It does its job, it does what it claims. To clean and moistuize you hair.

Top Rated Clairol Products