September 22, 2014 | 1921 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by measuredx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using this stuff for a couple yrs now. i've tried other products, but i usually come back to this. it makes my hair very soft and silky while keeping the volume. this is a miracle bc my hair is naturally prone to frizz and dryness, so volumizing products usually don't help me much at all, but many of the moisturizing products out there made my hair too flat for my liking. this also smells good. it has SLS in it, which i dont like, but for the price, i'd say this is a pretty solid product. def one of the better ones by herbal essences, for me at least. i would not recommend it if your hair is fine, but if your hair is dry and thicker and frizzy and you wanna save some $$, go for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This shampoo is pretty average to me. Nothing special, but it's not too bad either. For the price, it isn't bad, but it won't do miracles. Using just the shampoo alone doesn't dry out my hair like a lot of shampoos would, but it doesn't moisturize mine either, although the conditioner is very moisturizing itself. I probably won't buy it again, but it wasn't a complete waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by kariann121

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dried the HECK out of my hair....worse than most shampoo's out there. Guess you get what you pay for. the only reason I gave it 2 stars is because the smell is fantastic. BTW - I have shoulder length naturally wavy medium blonde hair. PS - I am trying Nature's Gate Pomegranate Sunflower Hair Defense Shampoo next since it doesn't contain any sulfates....that chemical really kills your hair...(and your color)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by SweetNSpicy4263

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is, personally, the best shampoo/conditioner combo that has ever been made. My hair is usually flat, but somehow it adds volume and makes it look and feel clean. This shampoo also adds shine to my hair, and doesn't dry it out.I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

This is a good shampoo for the price point of $2.00 and change.

When my hair is feeling super dry I can use this and it actually does help. The conditioner helps more so maybe if you're going to try them buy the pair.

My advice would be that, if you have dry hair, try the self-targeting formula instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't understand all the negative reviews. Its a cheap shampoo! What do you expect? Miracles? Its great for the price. It cleans, makes my hair soft and moisturized, and smells really nice. Its not going to bring angels singing into your shower everytime you use it. It does its job, it does what it claims. To clean and moistuize you hair.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by claudia1408

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo did absolutely nothing for my hair. It left it drier and duller than it was before and i found it made my skin very itchy. Would not recommend to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by historicalswag

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well I have been using this for MONTHS (after a bad Tresemme encounter) and this shampoo, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, is awful. I have fine, medium length hair and this shampoo/conditioner didn't work for me at all. It make my hair set at a weird place, DIDN'T moisturize at all, and left my hair for dead by making it look greasy, dull, and with no trace of shine. And the DIMETHICONE in the product caused severe back/neck/shoulder acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by archgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this shampoo every few days to alternate with my usual brand. I eventually threw away the remaining shampoo before moving because it wasn't good enough to bother taking with me! This shampoo made my hair big, fuzzy, and dull; I was always left with flyaway hairs near my part on top of my head. It seemed to coat my hair on the surface and did not provide deep moisturization.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Lissom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think the bad reviews for this are due to people expecting more out of a simple line like this. Herbal Essences? Honestly! Everyone knows they're filled with sulfates to make them lather, and dimethicone to smooth the hair cuticle and protect it from everything but not moisturise it AT ALL.

Pros:

- cleans beautifully but never overcleans (if it does you shouldn't be shampooing twice)
- leaves my hair soft, smooth and silky, but volumised all at once
- gives roots a lift
- leaves it shiny
- hides damage
- makes a nice backup shampoo

Cons.

- will not repair or moisturise hair in any real way
- smooths the hair cuticle but doesn't soften it - frizz will be flattened but not melted into the rest of your hair
- the silicone WILL build up and eventually make your hair flat and dull
- dries hair out if used too often
- not a permanent haircare regime

In short, this is the sort of shampoo and conditioner you alternate with a clarifying shampoo, masks and products that you spent a bit more on.

Seriously, go salon. There IS a difference, and their concentrated formulas mean they last longer. But keep shampoos like this one around for the occasional lather. Variety keeps your hair rejuvenated.