April 18, 2014 | 916 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetart412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been reading reviews on MUA for years now but have never written one myself...until now! I've only been using this powder in Translucent (05) for a little over a week but it is the best powder I've used by far. The very subtle shimmer makes my skin look look wonderfuly luminescent (not at all sparkly) and it has actually helped with the oiliness along my t-zone! When I first put it on, I didn't really see a big difference but minutes later, I was amazed. This really is a great product and I'm sure it will last for quite some time so it's definitely worth the price IMO! I'll definitely repurchase before I run completely out!

BTW, the jar it comes in is quite heavy and large so I invested in Sephora's refillible powder brush. It takes quite a few shakes to get enough powder onto the brush the first time, but once it's there, you're good to go!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by elmochook

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy the loose powder to buddy up with the La Mer treatment creme foundation, in Tan, after having so much success with the latter.

The SA used Beige to powder over the foundation (I am a Mac NW 400 Hyper Real foundation). It blended in beautifully leaving a natural glow to the skin.

The only drawback is it comes in a heavy jar (not ideal for travel) and the cost. I couldn't believe that in the U.S.A it retails for $65.00 and in OZ - a whopping AUD $140.00 (or in USD approx $128.00)

Definitely the best powder I have come across - super finely milled, feather-light to touch, but with the cost, I don't think i will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sodapopgirl

This is a great powder. It melts right into your skin. It does not leave any look of powder. It leaves a soft, flawless look. I use the creme foundation from La Mer and the combination is great! Would highly recommend this powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok. Bear with me. This powder is amazing. It's not like any powder I have ever used (I've used Laura Mercier, Chantecaille, T LeClerc, gag, Lorac, double gag, Chanel, Lancome and so many more). This is weightless and looks so natural. Applied over my SKII airtouch, it's just about the most perfect my skin has ever looked. My skin looks flawless, natural and luminous I can't believe I am here gushing about a loose powder but I promise, it's different. With this powder there's no crepiness and nothing settles into my newly emerging laugh lines. I'm not ultra matte, in fact, it doesn't look like I used any powder at all. My skin is super smooth and gently highlighted.. Sorry to continue gushing but i really love this powder. The jar however, sucks. Be sure you have room for the behemoth.

I bought the 01 shade and for reference I'm an NC20.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Gem727

I really love this stuff. A lot of people tell me I'm too young to be using La Mer (I'm 22), however I find this powder makes my skin look flawless. It doesn't just 'sit' on my skin as other powders have, but it just evenly blends my skin tone. I am very fair skinned, and I have it on creme. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AGGGH! I bit! Needing a new loose powder, I read these (mostly) rave reviews and decided to "just take a look". Next thing I knew, I was digging out my abused credit card and happily leaving Holt's with this luscious powder. Wow! This stuff really is nice. I bought 02 Creme, which is an exact match to my pale skin. It seems to sink into my skin, and imparts a very natural finish (I did think that Transclucent was to sparkly). It doesn't leave a powdery finish at all (my one complaint about my current loose powder - YSL Poudre Sur Mesure). The only downside - expeeeensive! But it's such a huge jar that I can see this lasting a long time. $90CAD at Holt Renfrew.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

You know, I just have not been that impressed by La Mer's products. I know I'm the minority here, but I think that their popularity is due to notoriety, not actual quality. The first problem with this powder is the jar. It's giant, it's glass, it's heavy, and it's misleading...No, you're not getting that huge amount the packaging would lead you to believe. There's a smaller compartment inside holding product. For me, it does apply easily, which I like. However, it's a bit sparkly and it really emphasizes the pores near my nose. Keep in mind, pore-size is not a problem I normally have. I just think the price is totally ridiculous, and there are many powders out there that are better for a tiny fraction of what this costs. So, while it's not the worst thing in the world, I would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by divagirl03

I have used so many different brands over the years i just happend to luck out by hitting the jack pot w/ La Mer!! I wasnt going to buy anything from this line do to the fact that everything is over priced but now i know why!! This powder was the first item i bought and i was blown away it is hands down the best loose powder i have ever used!! It is silky soft texture and goes on like a dream!!! I got translucent-05 and its perfect for me over my la mer foundation or fluid tint!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by bethindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this to be incredibly light and smooth in texture. The container is very heavy and huge! It's expensive, but you get a lot for the price. The reason I only gave it 4 lippies is because of the sparkle in this product. I'm just not a sparkle fan. While at Saks, the salesperson put some of the second lightest color on me. It looked OK, but as I'm not a sun person, actually purchased the lightest shade (05). I used it twice and disliked the sparkle enough that I returned the powder 3 days later.

So, if you are interested in this powder, try it on before you buy to make sure you're OK with the color and sparkle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 8:41:00 AM More reviews by pkuyken

I bought this product a week a ago, and can't believe how it not only looks on, but how it stays on all day! I use the new liquid La Mer foundation as well, and it works wonderfully. This morning I put the powder on over my la mer moisturizer, and it is an incredible "weekend" look. I got the transulecent. It takes so little powder to create the look as well. This one jar should last me a year. I have slightly scared, with a few small lines skin, and it absolutely imparts the right finish to minimize. No itching, I a look forward to seeing my skin to continue to improve.