October 1, 2014 | 1339 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by annsuya

I bought this in tandem with the treatment fluid foundation with spf 15.
I am one person who has bought many a foundation and powders. The only ones I could apply failproof was Benefit's Dandelion and it was good.Everything else made me look blotchy by noon and I would sweat like a dog and felt like I had gunk on my face all the time and irritated. I would only use these once...hence me swapping my playsticks by Benefit...so thick.

This foundation and powder is good because I do not feel like I have anything on but the coverage is amazing, it lasts the whole day. I removed a lippie because I still sweat a bit after applying it for about 20 minutes...and the powder case is a behemoth! What purpose it serves with this size I wonder?

Use it with the foundation brush if you are an idiot in applying foundation like me.

The price is crazy as usual with La Mer, but I am sure the product will last about 8 months is used 5 times a week.

I am updating this after a 3 days of use...really disappointed, I can see few clogged pores, breakout on my forehead and near lip line. Will monitor this for a month and review again

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by dazedxgrrl

After trying a sample of this powder in Translucent, I knew it had to be mine. I went over to the La Mer counter last week to pick up a sample of their foundation (which I actually ended up purchasing on the spot b/c it was just amazing), and to purchase this powder.

I have been looking for HG loose powder for the longest, and nothing seemed to be good enough for HG status. Most recently, I was alternating between Shu Uemura and Chanel. Color-wise both were fine, but they did tend to feel a little heavy. I just figured this how all loose powders were, and I would never find anything better, but I was wrong.

Upon trying the sample of La Mer's powder in Translucent, the first thing I noticed was how light it felt on my skin. It didn't feel heavy, or look cakey, and set my foundation perfectly. It also really controlled my oily t-zone throughout a long day at work.

The packaging is just ok... not a fan of the huge glass jar, because I'm scared that I'll drop it, but it is pretty to look at.

The powder is expensive, but again just like the foundation, I think it will last for quite some time (or at least that is how I justify it). I will definitely re-purchase again, as this is my HG.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetart412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been reading reviews on MUA for years now but have never written one myself...until now! I've only been using this powder in Translucent (05) for a little over a week but it is the best powder I've used by far. The very subtle shimmer makes my skin look look wonderfuly luminescent (not at all sparkly) and it has actually helped with the oiliness along my t-zone! When I first put it on, I didn't really see a big difference but minutes later, I was amazed. This really is a great product and I'm sure it will last for quite some time so it's definitely worth the price IMO! I'll definitely repurchase before I run completely out!

BTW, the jar it comes in is quite heavy and large so I invested in Sephora's refillible powder brush. It takes quite a few shakes to get enough powder onto the brush the first time, but once it's there, you're good to go!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by elmochook

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy the loose powder to buddy up with the La Mer treatment creme foundation, in Tan, after having so much success with the latter.

The SA used Beige to powder over the foundation (I am a Mac NW 400 Hyper Real foundation). It blended in beautifully leaving a natural glow to the skin.

The only drawback is it comes in a heavy jar (not ideal for travel) and the cost. I couldn't believe that in the U.S.A it retails for $65.00 and in OZ - a whopping AUD $140.00 (or in USD approx $128.00)

Definitely the best powder I have come across - super finely milled, feather-light to touch, but with the cost, I don't think i will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sodapopgirl

This is a great powder. It melts right into your skin. It does not leave any look of powder. It leaves a soft, flawless look. I use the creme foundation from La Mer and the combination is great! Would highly recommend this powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok. Bear with me. This powder is amazing. It's not like any powder I have ever used (I've used Laura Mercier, Chantecaille, T LeClerc, gag, Lorac, double gag, Chanel, Lancome and so many more). This is weightless and looks so natural. Applied over my SKII airtouch, it's just about the most perfect my skin has ever looked. My skin looks flawless, natural and luminous I can't believe I am here gushing about a loose powder but I promise, it's different. With this powder there's no crepiness and nothing settles into my newly emerging laugh lines. I'm not ultra matte, in fact, it doesn't look like I used any powder at all. My skin is super smooth and gently highlighted.. Sorry to continue gushing but i really love this powder. The jar however, sucks. Be sure you have room for the behemoth.

I bought the 01 shade and for reference I'm an NC20.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Gem727

I really love this stuff. A lot of people tell me I'm too young to be using La Mer (I'm 22), however I find this powder makes my skin look flawless. It doesn't just 'sit' on my skin as other powders have, but it just evenly blends my skin tone. I am very fair skinned, and I have it on creme. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AGGGH! I bit! Needing a new loose powder, I read these (mostly) rave reviews and decided to "just take a look". Next thing I knew, I was digging out my abused credit card and happily leaving Holt's with this luscious powder. Wow! This stuff really is nice. I bought 02 Creme, which is an exact match to my pale skin. It seems to sink into my skin, and imparts a very natural finish (I did think that Transclucent was to sparkly). It doesn't leave a powdery finish at all (my one complaint about my current loose powder - YSL Poudre Sur Mesure). The only downside - expeeeensive! But it's such a huge jar that I can see this lasting a long time. $90CAD at Holt Renfrew.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

You know, I just have not been that impressed by La Mer's products. I know I'm the minority here, but I think that their popularity is due to notoriety, not actual quality. The first problem with this powder is the jar. It's giant, it's glass, it's heavy, and it's misleading...No, you're not getting that huge amount the packaging would lead you to believe. There's a smaller compartment inside holding product. For me, it does apply easily, which I like. However, it's a bit sparkly and it really emphasizes the pores near my nose. Keep in mind, pore-size is not a problem I normally have. I just think the price is totally ridiculous, and there are many powders out there that are better for a tiny fraction of what this costs. So, while it's not the worst thing in the world, I would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by divagirl03

I have used so many different brands over the years i just happend to luck out by hitting the jack pot w/ La Mer!! I wasnt going to buy anything from this line do to the fact that everything is over priced but now i know why!! This powder was the first item i bought and i was blown away it is hands down the best loose powder i have ever used!! It is silky soft texture and goes on like a dream!!! I got translucent-05 and its perfect for me over my la mer foundation or fluid tint!!