April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 8:40:00 AM More reviews by muddles

I have mix-feelings for this LSC.Love how moisturizing it feels on my face but this goes on very sheer on the face such that it only helps to even out the complexion so do not expect much coverage from this.Im a PPP, MAC NC 15 and Sand matches my skintone very well! Packaging is fine but what I do not like most about this is the pump--I have to be very careful pumping a small amount out,otherwise it will squirt everywhere on my habds, leaving a big mess behind.Comparing this with LM TM in porcelain, I still prefer LM for its thicker texture and better coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really disliked this. The color selection is either way too orange or has a strange green undertone. Although it has a sheer coverage, the texture is quite heavy. And the sunscreen smell was very stong to me. I am very hard to match color-wise and so it's not unusual for me not to find a shade that works. I've been doing the Prescriptives Custom Blend foundation for the last few years, it's expensive, but the more I look at the premixed stuff out there, it's the only choice for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never used a tinted moisturizer or sheer foundation before and this was great. It applies really smoothly, gives my face a slight glow and gives my normal-oily skin the right amount of moisture. The cons about this product are- it has a slightly funny old fashion powdery smell and the regular price ( $40 ). I bought this on sale at Sephora for $10 and at most I think it's worth $25. For $40 I would like to get more coverage- if I wanted to sheer it down it's really easy to do. The color I got is Toast- which is a medium warm/yellow- I'm a MAC NC37-C30. I am sure you can go a shade up or down since it's so sheer.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by BichonCat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sephora in Canada does not carry this line so I had the opportunity to purchase LSC while vacationing in the US. "Cashmere" is the perfect match for my skin. Honestly, I think that LSC is the best you can get for a tinted moisturizer: (1) The colours offered are pretty amazing. You'll definitely be able to get a match with your skin. (2) Packaging is fantastic. There's a pump so you won't risk infecting the interior. (3) There's an SPF 20 sunscreen (titanium dioxide). This is adequate for incidental sun exposure but you should still wear a proper sunscreen if you are going to be exposed to strong sunlight. (4) It's definitely moisturizing. Because the liquid "looks" like a foundation, some users will expect the coverage to be like a foundation. LSC is a tinted moisturizer. It does not cover up my dark marks from acne that is healing. It just gives a nice glow to my face and evens out the skin tone. I only wear this when I'll be home all day (i.e. minimal sun exposure) or when my skin is not breaking out horribly. In the latter case, I apply a bit of concealer for acne marks. I find the moisturizer a bit heavy for the summer so I usually wear this in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by PinkBliss

Becca LSC is my HG tinted moisturizer, I absolutely adore it. I've used Stila before, and am using LM Oil-free at the moment (sephora had been sold out of my color when i ran out, and I hadn't known that it was pulling out of stores, so i was waiting for them to re-stock). The LM is alright, but I was really excited when I found out that Sephora had put Becca on 75% sale. I ordered 2 bottles of Toast, which should last me a long time. I'm glad I found out about the sale thanks to MUA, because I was just about to pull the trigger and just order it from NM.com, full price ($40). This TM just looks incredibly natural on me, especially when used with their powder (loose or pressed both work well on me). I have combination skin, and I try to blot my face during the day so it isn't so shiny. Becca keeps my skin look like its glowing, even when i'm sweating. Such a natural finish, and the color is perfect on me year round, whether I'm tanner or paler, because it is so sheer, but still evens out my skin tone. I can use the LSC on its own whenever i have good skin days.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by lauracocoa

So far this product has not worked well with my combo skin. It makes my skin appear quite oily in areas and caused some minor breakouts. However, I am waiting until the winter when my skin dries out to see how the product and my skin react to make a final decision. Becca does have a great selection of color matches.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for a little over half a year. Not quite HG, but it's the best color match (Cashmere) to my neutral-to-cool, PPP, dry skin (NC15, maybe less) that I have been able to find in any brand, and I feel like I have tried them all! The texture is light and easy to apply. As other reviewers have said, it doesn't settle into and accentuate dry patches. I like the fact that it has a decent SPF, though I use a separate sunscreen daily underneath LSC. I think I wish it had slightly more coverage than it does, somewhat in between a TM and foundation. My skin is pretty clear, but sometimes I have a little splotchiness, or I feel like I want a more "finished" look for certain occasions! That being said, I use this almost daily, and when set with Becca loose powder, my skin does appear quite even and pretty. The bottle lasts quite a while with daily usage, I am repurchasing after about 7 months of daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by freshface

I already use the Becca concealer, in Brulee, that matches me well, and this is just a nice primer/foundation, the LSC in Toast, underneath.Becca's products are great in offering so many shades to match. I like that it goes on sheer and dewy; foolproof, and that it has SPF! It doesn't ball up, and it dries nicely, leaving me with a nice glow of sorts. Can be easily layered. When I'm out in the city, I'll duck into Sephora to dab this on, and I appreciate the hygienic spray pump bottle. I think the size would last you a while, too. I'd rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by daisybuchanan

I have clear skin with some random redness around my cheeks and this does not cover up anything whatsoever. I'm not sure if it imparts a glow, or if that's just the greasiness of the product. I tend to have dry patches year-round and this does a good job of moisturizing my skin. Unlike heavier foundations, the pigment does not settle into the dry areas and accentuate them. Again, it is pretty greasy, so I would definitely not recommend it if you have oily skin. I use it as a base before apply my mineral powder. I probably won't be repurchasing since I could probably get the same effect with a good moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by JCS772

A perfect combination of coverage and luminosity. Sheer without being too thin. And it doesn't make me break out like a lot of tinted moisturizers do. I feel like I'm doing something nice for my skin while getting a finished look to boot. Perfect. I'm light-skinned Caucasian with yellow undertones. I use a pump of the Olive and one or two pumps of the Sand for the right shade. Also love the pressed powder. This is a great line.