December 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2007 4:30:00 AM More reviews by star2007

My skin behaves well for the most part, just some scratchy red patches if my skin is flaky and ultra-dry. I walked into Sephora for a tinted moisturizer just to even out my skin tone because at 22, I don't really have a reason for heavy foundation or concealer. I asked the SA for an oil-free tinted moisturizer with SPF and this is what she led me to. She found a good match for me (Nude) but I was hesitant because nowhere did it say it was oil-free, although she insisted that the avocado oil was OK. I don't even know why I believed her, I was originally looking for something under $30!

Anyway, back to the actual review. The color matched really well so I am infinitely happy about that. The only thing I would want is for it to be oil-free and perhaps $5 or more lower in price. I apply with my fingers and only one or two pumps, depending on if I want to cover my forehead or not (only for the SPF). I have combination skin but I don't easily break out horribly in any case so I put this on my oily forehead/nose and try to soak up the future oil with mineral makeup foundation and finishing powder. I almost always use a separate moisturizer before this on my cheeks and chin/jawline area because they are the driest.

I like the packaging because at 1.7 oz, I can still take it on airplanes. It looks like a glass bottle at first glance, but it's more like a flexible plastic that would be really hard to break. There are two caps, one that is more fitted to the nozzle and another for looks, I suppose, but it's very sanitary and hygienic. Since there are rumors about BECCA not being sold at Sephora come this fall, I'm going to be trying the Laura Mercier Oil-Free TMs but until then, I'm quite content with this BECCA one.

Edit: The Nude shade is a tad light for me now, as I've relocated from Boston (cold!) to Los Angeles (I'm apparently getting tanner just driving to work in the morning). I don't usually apply this to my T-zone but will give it another try since I just acquired some pressing powder to keep my oilies at bay.

I tried a sample of Stila's Sheer TM and it felt a lot heavier and more moisturizing than Becca's LSC. Thought it might help as a comparison! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

To say I'm not a fan of this moisturizer is really a huge understatement. Ugh, what a disaster.

Cons: The whole Becca line has yellow undertones since not one of the 30 shades was even close to my skin tone. The one I finally settled on, Porcelain, was the lightest shade and it appeared to have some pink undertone. However, it was waaayyy to light on my skin. I'm not the easiest skin tone to match, but the shade was not the only problem. This is a tinted moisturizer, so it has very little coverage, but it's also heavy and greasy and stays on top of the skin without sinking in. Made me feel like I was wearing an invisible mask. awesome.

Pros: The packaging is great. Nice pump and 2 covers, 1 small plastic one and a top decorative top. Rubber bottle so no breakage. Well thought out sleek design.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think I may have found my HG tinted moisturizer! I have tried Stila, Bobbi Brown, Tarte, etc. and they were all pretty good but Becca's Luminous Skin Color is perfect for my needs. I have very dry, sensitive skin that typically doesn't need much coverage. As others have mentioned, LSC is very sheer and to be honest it becomes invisible as soon as I apply it. However, if I wait a few minutes I notice that my skin just looks "better" -- not made up or covered up but just soft and glowy and smooth like perfect natural skin. I have never had that effect from any other foundation or tinted moisturizer. The finish is luminous but not shiny or shimmery, just that beautiful fresh skin look you see in Sephora ads. Becca LSC stays looking fresh all day too, and keeps my picky skin happy (not itchy, flaky, or tight). I love the SPF although you can smell it quite strongly when first applied. The packaging is sturdy, light, seemingly leakproof, and sanitary. I often have a difficult time finding foundation shades that are light enough for my skin but Porcelain is forgiving enough that it works well on my super-pale skin. I had always shied away from spending the money on LSC but I am so glad that the Sephora sale/clearance gave me the incentive I needed to try this awesome product. It will actually be a better value than I thought since I no longer need to wear/buy primer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 8:40:00 AM More reviews by muddles

I have mix-feelings for this LSC.Love how moisturizing it feels on my face but this goes on very sheer on the face such that it only helps to even out the complexion so do not expect much coverage from this.Im a PPP, MAC NC 15 and Sand matches my skintone very well! Packaging is fine but what I do not like most about this is the pump--I have to be very careful pumping a small amount out,otherwise it will squirt everywhere on my habds, leaving a big mess behind.Comparing this with LM TM in porcelain, I still prefer LM for its thicker texture and better coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really disliked this. The color selection is either way too orange or has a strange green undertone. Although it has a sheer coverage, the texture is quite heavy. And the sunscreen smell was very stong to me. I am very hard to match color-wise and so it's not unusual for me not to find a shade that works. I've been doing the Prescriptives Custom Blend foundation for the last few years, it's expensive, but the more I look at the premixed stuff out there, it's the only choice for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never used a tinted moisturizer or sheer foundation before and this was great. It applies really smoothly, gives my face a slight glow and gives my normal-oily skin the right amount of moisture. The cons about this product are- it has a slightly funny old fashion powdery smell and the regular price ( $40 ). I bought this on sale at Sephora for $10 and at most I think it's worth $25. For $40 I would like to get more coverage- if I wanted to sheer it down it's really easy to do. The color I got is Toast- which is a medium warm/yellow- I'm a MAC NC37-C30. I am sure you can go a shade up or down since it's so sheer.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by BichonCat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sephora in Canada does not carry this line so I had the opportunity to purchase LSC while vacationing in the US. "Cashmere" is the perfect match for my skin. Honestly, I think that LSC is the best you can get for a tinted moisturizer: (1) The colours offered are pretty amazing. You'll definitely be able to get a match with your skin. (2) Packaging is fantastic. There's a pump so you won't risk infecting the interior. (3) There's an SPF 20 sunscreen (titanium dioxide). This is adequate for incidental sun exposure but you should still wear a proper sunscreen if you are going to be exposed to strong sunlight. (4) It's definitely moisturizing. Because the liquid "looks" like a foundation, some users will expect the coverage to be like a foundation. LSC is a tinted moisturizer. It does not cover up my dark marks from acne that is healing. It just gives a nice glow to my face and evens out the skin tone. I only wear this when I'll be home all day (i.e. minimal sun exposure) or when my skin is not breaking out horribly. In the latter case, I apply a bit of concealer for acne marks. I find the moisturizer a bit heavy for the summer so I usually wear this in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by PinkBliss

Becca LSC is my HG tinted moisturizer, I absolutely adore it. I've used Stila before, and am using LM Oil-free at the moment (sephora had been sold out of my color when i ran out, and I hadn't known that it was pulling out of stores, so i was waiting for them to re-stock). The LM is alright, but I was really excited when I found out that Sephora had put Becca on 75% sale. I ordered 2 bottles of Toast, which should last me a long time. I'm glad I found out about the sale thanks to MUA, because I was just about to pull the trigger and just order it from NM.com, full price ($40). This TM just looks incredibly natural on me, especially when used with their powder (loose or pressed both work well on me). I have combination skin, and I try to blot my face during the day so it isn't so shiny. Becca keeps my skin look like its glowing, even when i'm sweating. Such a natural finish, and the color is perfect on me year round, whether I'm tanner or paler, because it is so sheer, but still evens out my skin tone. I can use the LSC on its own whenever i have good skin days.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by lauracocoa

So far this product has not worked well with my combo skin. It makes my skin appear quite oily in areas and caused some minor breakouts. However, I am waiting until the winter when my skin dries out to see how the product and my skin react to make a final decision. Becca does have a great selection of color matches.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for a little over half a year. Not quite HG, but it's the best color match (Cashmere) to my neutral-to-cool, PPP, dry skin (NC15, maybe less) that I have been able to find in any brand, and I feel like I have tried them all! The texture is light and easy to apply. As other reviewers have said, it doesn't settle into and accentuate dry patches. I like the fact that it has a decent SPF, though I use a separate sunscreen daily underneath LSC. I think I wish it had slightly more coverage than it does, somewhat in between a TM and foundation. My skin is pretty clear, but sometimes I have a little splotchiness, or I feel like I want a more "finished" look for certain occasions! That being said, I use this almost daily, and when set with Becca loose powder, my skin does appear quite even and pretty. The bottle lasts quite a while with daily usage, I am repurchasing after about 7 months of daily use.