Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Update 6/3/13: This stuff is still amazing. Once I reach the point where it's working I really don't have to apply it until I notice it begin to slack a little. Sometimes (in winter) that takes up to 2 weeks! Summer is a different story and I'm applying it at least once a week. I have not noticed that swimming, showering, or scrubbing makes any difference in the length of time but the amount of time sweating does. The more I sweat the more often I need to apply it. I have figured out that if I apply too much and my pits begin itching if I take a damp towel or even just a towel and gently rub my pits it helps with the itch. Seems counter intuitive since if you apply it to wet armpits it makes it worse, but once applied it's not a problem. I have not used it anywhere else on my body but my army boyfriend mentioned that he knew some guys who applied it to their feet when they went on long marches.

The bottle still sucks. MUST keep it upright or liquid will drain into the cap and will dribble out all over the place to bleach your stuff. The rollerball is nice, smooth motion, no issues there. At first the liquid has no smell but after using it and rubbing it on your skin it starts to take on a "you" smell. Not surprising since you're rubbing it all over your underarms night after night. I've started using my perfume as deodorant. My underarms don't smell bad because they don't sweat, so all I smell is my perfume! The warmer I get the more I can smell it and it smells wonderful. I'll say that again... My armpits smell wonderful!!!
End

Update 4/18/2012: I have grown to love this stuff. I hate that when I apply it, if I use to much I'm an itchy mess, and how if I fail to wait for it to dry before laying down it can bleach my sheets, and it makes my underarms feel strange (not really waxy but close?). However, when I remember to apply it at night every 5 to 9 days, I am pit stain free!! As the week progresses I can end up with some sweat after I exercise but I am 100% fine with it. I will continue using this for as long as it shows to be working.
Update End.

I sweat a lot. Not only so I sweat a lot, my body seems to have the wiring backwards. When I am sitting or just moving moderately, like in class or on my way to class, my pits are drenched. After putting on a clean t-shirt only a few minuets later I have large pit rings, and I mean like less than 10 min. When I am exercising I sweat a lot less, sometimes my pits are dry (ish) by the time I'm done running. I do sweat in more places when I am exercising, so maybe there is some kind of dispersal effect, but it still makes no sense to me. If I am lounging around the house in a tank top I get liquid running down my arms, gross, sorry.

I also gave up on antiperspirants about a year and a half ago. Nothing was working. I had moved up to the "clinical strength" and was sweating through it by midday. Yes, I was using it correctly, applying it at night, etc. Since they were doing nothing for me I stopped using them because they were ruining my clothes and were making me smell even worse.

Cut to earlier this week. I have been fine having wet marks on my clothing at school, working out, but... I was NOT comfortable looking like a sweaty, nervous wreck on my upcoming date. So, even though my skin is extremely sensitive and itching is my least favorite feeling, I caved and bought this stuff. I figured even if my armpits ended up horribly rashed and bright red, as long as I wasn't a wet mess I could survive by layering. I showered and rinsed off my deodorant and waited until right before bed to apply it. I laid down on the floor, swiped very sparingly and rubbed the liquid into my skin. I then remained on the floor until it was mostly dry. I used way less than I thought necessary to avoid the irritation and possible negative side effects. It was ITCHY!!! Another reviewer had said she wanted to scrub her armpits with steel wool, that thought crossed my mind a few times. However, I resisted the wool but did scratch a little bit and went to bed. It did not keep me up and by morning it no longer bothered me. I AM DRY!! I don't think I have ever been this dry. It is amazing!! I did top it off with deodorant this morning but I will be continuing to use this for occasions where worrying about my armpits would be a hassle. I'll update if things change.

I've been noticing an increase in sweating under my arms and other places as I've gotten older and it has been bothering me. This stuff worked when nothing else would.

I purchased the solid first because I was leery of something that you put on at night thinking it would wash off in my morning shower. The solid might as well be regular AP/DO for all the difference it made (none) on its own. BUT the combination of the ROLL ON applied at night with the solid applied after my morning shower kept my pits dry on the most humid summer day in a very humid/wet work environment. I was so shocked, I went to the bathroom to check and make sure. My pits really were completely dry! I also found using this that you only need to apply it (roll-on) every 2-3 days, it keeps working! You still use the solid in the mornings. I had the best result using the 2 products together. Using them separately or with other AP/DO products was not as effective.

The only real downside I noticed from this was an increase in sweat from other areas of the body. If I'm not mistaken, the body will try to cool itself wherever it can so if you block one area another picks up the slack. I did have some itching the first few times I used it but the information says you will experience that if you apply too much.

For me, I only use this when it's very hot or humid or both outside because my other AP/DO (mitchum) works fine in "normal" weather.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Will always rebuy.

I can't say enough good things about this antiperspirant. Sure, it stings if you put it on right after shaving (that's how you know it's working! Hah) and it will stain/bleach the crap out of your clothes (I just wear a towel until it dries) it WORKS.

And that's all that matters if you're trying to be a former sweaty beast.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME!!! I HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN USING THIS PRODUCT FOR YEARS. I WAS GOING CRAZY LOOKING FOR AN ANTI-PERSPIRANT THAT WOULD KEEP MY UNDERARMS DRY, BUT NOTHING WORKED. I HAD HUGE UNDER ARM SWEAT STAINS THAT WERE SO EMBARRASING. I STAINED ALL MY SHIRTS, AND IT WAS HORRIBLE. ONE DAY I SAW CERTAIN DRI ON THE SHELF AND SAID "WHAT THE HECK I'LL GIVE IT A TRY". WELL I WAS SURPRISED WHEN I WENT TO WORK THE NEXT DAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER HEAT AND I WAS COMPLETELY DRY. I ALMOST CRIED. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. NO MORE RUINED SHIRTS!!! I'VE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IRRITATION. AND THE ONLY TIME I EXPERIENCED ITCHING, WAS WHEN I FORGOT I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO SHAVE BEFORE PUTTING IT ON. DO NOT DO THAT!!! IT STINGS LIKE CRAZY. SO I STARTED SHAVING IN THE MORNING INSTEAD OF AT NIGHT AND WON'T USE IT ON THE DAY I SHAVE AND PROBLEM SOLVED. I CAN'T LIVE WITHIOUT MY CERTAIN DRI!!! I'LL BE A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE.

Update: I've been using this for 17 years now (LOL I just realized that OMG) and I wouldn't change it for the world. I have however become a little more sentive to it. Some nights I won't feel anything at all, and some nights I will feel itching, sometimes, a little burning. When this happens, I use a hair drier, on cold setting and let it dry completely, I then apply regular stick deodorant(usually Dove) and that works like a charm. For some people the sweat may not stop completely the first couple of days. Just keep using it, it will stop. And after you've been using it a while you won't need to used it everyday. I use it every 3 days, sometimes longer. So it lasts a really long time.
They also have it in solid form now, for people with sensitive skin. So give it a try. It changed my life!!!!

I tend to sweat a lot - especially when I'm nervous. As a shy person this led to embarrassment over sweat circles in my pits. I tried so many deodorants, including men's deodorant out of desperation, and nothing made it go away completely. I ended up asking my dermatologist about it and she gave me a prescription of a product just like this that worked like a dream. When I discovered you could buy the same thing at the grocery store I was elated! It's very important to follow the instructions or it won't work properly. I try to put it on once or twice a week after I shower, allowing my pits time to dry of course. I learned the hard way to not put it on freshly shaved skin. It's still uncomfortable regardless - your pits will itch like a MFer for awhile after you apply it - but your skin will be screaming if you apply it right after you shave. I still use a regular deodorant in the morning (I use Degree solid, powder scent) but for the first day or so after using the Certain Dri I really don't need anything else. This stuff will flat dry you up! I finally joined the ranks of women who wear light colored shirts and blouses! Yes the discomfort is annoying, but it's SO worth it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Didn't notice sweat as much (still had sweat stains). I want something that keeps me dry AND doesn't sting when going on. Yes I applied it the day after I shaved (not seconds after). Still haven't found anything to work :(

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Best chit evarrrr! I buy the roll ons..use it at night before bed almost everynight and it never fails...only if l stop using it a few days would go by and then l will start getting light pit sweat ..mind you my pits don't sweat outrageously but l just like to be dry and save myself from the embrassment of wet pit spots...will use this forever. Oh and fyi don't use it after you wax or shave it will burn and if you use this often as l do l suggest to skip the night that you wax/shave in the morning you still won't sweat only if you stop completly for 3 days or more

It works! I had a really bad problem with sweating, so I gave it a try - it worked! Now I do not use it and there is no problem with sweating - i.e. use it sparingly, when sweating goes away, stop using it. It does irritate the skin under the arms, but because it only take several uses to work, I am willing to suffer through :).

I started using this about 3 nights ago and I've had a massive red rash, itching, and pain in my armpits. It seems to help during the day but I can't get through the night with this stuff on my skin. It is absolutly driving me insane. Unbarable. I don't know how people use this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a senior in high school and I've had a sweating problem for about 4 years. I've tried many different kinds of deodorants, and nothing has helped. It even seemed like some of the deodorants I used only made me sweat worse. I had to wear shirts that didn't show my sweat stains, I never lifted my arms up, and I always felt uncomfortable at school. It could be freezing outside, and my armpits would still be drenched in sweat. I wish I had known about Certain Dri sooner, but recently, I finally did find out about it. Certain Dri is the only product that has taken care of my sweating problem. It's not expensive at all, and you can find it at just about any convenient store. This product is also available online. It's important to follow the directions that are given, especially when it says to apply sparingly. When I apply too much of the product, it makes my armpits very itchy throughout the night. There's no need to roll it on more than a couple of times. I still use Secret Clinical Strength in the morning after I take a shower to get a little extra protection and to smell good. Certain Dri doesn't have much of a scent, and is specifically an anti-perspirant. Now that I have this product, I can wear whatever I want and not be embarrassed to lift my arms up in front of people. If you have a bad sweating problem like me, then Certain Dri is the right thing for you. This is a long review, but I really want to help out anyone that is looking for help with their sweating. This is the first review I've ever written, because no product has ever made such a huge difference for me like Certain Dri has!