E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 2/12/2013 10:43:00 PM

I'm only giving this 5 lippies because I can use it for so many different things, not because it's amazing at everything I use it for. There are better quality products than this out there, but heck, I use it every day, and it's only $1. Come on.

FOR EYEBROWS:
This is my cheapy substitute for when I run out of my HG eyebrow gel, or this is the one I bring on trips because I could care less if I lose it. It holds my eyebrows in place better than a blast of high hold hairspray would. Which is nice, because no touch ups. Which is awful, because they feel pretty weird and crunchy with too much of this stuff on, and (speaking from personal experience here, unfortunately!) if the BF happens to feel it, boy, will it weird him out!

FOR EYELASHES:
But here, it's stiff hold isn't a bad thing! For those times that a natural look is appropriate, this is what I reach for. Out of all the eyebrow/lash gels I've tried, this one is the only one that is literally a sort of clear mascara. It's the only one that will actually hold a curl. It won't lengthen or volumnize of course, but it will curl and define!

FOR HAIR:
This product is super useful when going for a sleek bun or updo. The spoolie smooths down baby and stray hairs, and its clear gloss holds the hair in place better than most hairsprays without looking stiff or over saturated.

It doesn't flake, and it dries quickly! Btw, it's dual ended, one side is for eyes, the other for brows, but honestly it really doesn't matter which side you use! I use both interchangably and it works just fine for me
Overall, very useful, and I recommend!

on 2/2/2013 6:40:00 PM

I'd rather be smearing water onto my brow or lash. Does exactly the same thing.

on 1/19/2013 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I lost count on how many of these I have bouth throughout the years I have used this. I enjoy how cheap it is. I know one side says eyelash and the other say eyebrow... I use both sides for my eyebrows to set it in place after I fill them in. I like HOW it doesn't cause my eyebrow to feel hard and look very sticky (like how hairspray would). Does not cause my eyebrow to droop and is not too wet. Has no smell and is DIRT CHEAP! Does not cause any weird flakyness on my eyebrows. I really recommend.

on 1/15/2013 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this wasnt bad at all....it does hold my eyebrows a bit but not completely still for the whole day......for 1$ is not bad at all but after a while you will be forced to throw it out cuz it starts to smell funky and old lol....but for 1$ all you need to do is keep buying a new one so this is pretty good

I bought this product at Target for $1 after seeing almost every beauty guru on youtube using it. I thought that it would help keep my crazy brows (theyre not bushy, theyre just crazy lol) in place and help them like stick to my face. It did a pretty good job, but some hairs will just not stick down with this. I guess the product is okay. I love the packaging, though!

on 1/3/2013 7:36:00 PM

Best $1 I have ever spent! I was most excited about the clear mascara but sadly it didn't do anything for my lashes but weigh them down. The brow gel is amazing !! It keeps your eyebrows in place but doesn't feel hard or crunchy after it's dried. It keeps my brows in place all day. I plan on buying 10 of these just in case they decide to discontinue this product

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best 50 cents that I have ever spent (Yeah ! got it on sale) I am so glad I got a backup even before I tried it cause I have nothing to lose. I have Asian eyebrows that donít like to stay in place. I use wet n wildís brow powder and brush through my brows to take of the excess powder and gently comb them with the eye brow gel and bamn I have eye brows that stay put through the entire day. There is nothing that I hate about this product. I havenít tried any high end eye brow gels and I donít want to. Also the Ardellís eye brow gel cost 7 bucks and I am sure you get as much product with the elfís lash and brow gel. Great product, definitely give it a try before you buy any higher end gels. Iím also planning to use the clear mascara as eye brow gel, hope it works out well. I guess the formulation of the gel is the same for both the products and the wand looks exactly identical.

on 12/31/2012 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The lash product is great for wearing a product but not looking like you have on anything. It's clear, no smudging. Also it seems to control your lashes and tends to fill in gaps by making your lashes "stand up" straight. It lasts all day. My only problem is you can't get the length to your eyelashes as you would get with a black mascara. I don't use the eyebrow product this much.

on 12/28/2012 2:31:00 PM

This lash/brow gel gives you brows that stay put, and natural definition to lashes. For brows, it's awesome at keeping them in place for the day. I put a little bit on my brows, then spread it with my fingers so it isn't all clumpy and thick. I haven't experienced any of the flaking that other people have. For lashes, it's good at making them look shiny, a bit longer, and more noticeable. I think this works best for naturally dark, rather thick lashes because I don't think it would make much of a difference on light, sparse lashes. When I first got it, I could open up the lash side fine, but the brow side was stuck. I tried twisting it and twisting it, then used an eyelash curler to separate the two parts, and it finally opened. Also, the brow side started to look dirty, despite the fact that I don't use any brow powder or pencil. Other than those cons, I can't think of any other bad things to say about this product. Besides, for a dollar, what do you have to lose? :)

on 12/26/2012 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used a lot of clear gels on my eyebrows in the past that just did not have any holding power. This one does but is not shiny or obvious. I discovered if I apply it, let it dry, and then apply pencil that the pencil adheres to the brow hairs and not the skin, which looks more natural. I have not tried this technique with brow powder. For very sparse brows, I think applying the brow powder or pencil and then the gel might work best. E.L.F. has some inferior products but also some real winners. I am glad I have MUA to direct me to the good stuff.

Popular Mascaras