April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only product I use on my brows because I'm too lazy to fill them in! It keeps my brows from looking unruly and gives them a polished look ALL DAY! My skin is oily, yet this stays in place without flaking off. I have not used the lash side because I don't care for lash primer/gloss. My only complaint is like other reviewers, I wish it wasn't double-ended because the packaging is bulky and I do not use the other side. Once I run out of brow gel, I might flip over to the lash side so I don't waste product. Will gladly repurchase for $1 this is great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good for brows, especially for the price. However, I tried it on my lower lashes and it made my makeup smudge like crazy. The shadow and mascara from my top lid wound up smeared underneath my eyes. Wouldn't suggest using it as a mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by fraukuech

I love this product and I'm a repeat purchaser. I have crazy eyebrows and I NEED this to tame them. :-p However, I don't ever use it as mascara, so I don't really like the dual brush. I'd rather just have one brush and one tube of gloss.

For the review(s) who have said that it got cloudy after a few uses, that's your makeup getting on the brush when you use it and then mixing with the gel. If you use it on a clean face, it won't ever get cloudy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by xxmakeuplover123xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This formula works great on my brows -- It keeps them in control, and it's dirt cheap. My only complaint is the packaging. The tube is separated into two different compartments - one for mascara, and one for brows. Although the brushes are slightly different, I really don't think it's necessary, because the brushes take up most of the space in the tube, making it bulkier and giving you a lot less product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by hma22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product as it does exactly what the name implies. It keeps my brows in place and I honestly can't fault it, plus for the price you really can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Siringo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this. I use it on my lashes, because I'm a fan of natural looks, and regular mascara is so messy and hard to take off. It makes my lashes a bit more defined, and it's a great precursor to curling. After sleeping with it on, it flakes on my lashes, but this is easily taken care of. I highly recommend for natural looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this all the time. I'm on my second tube of it. This is one of my favorite E.L.F. products. I usually set my brows after my foundation is on, so after awhile the brow gel turns a brown color (from my foundation) so I like that its two sided, so I can just switch to the clear new side when the other side is getting a bit nasty.
Unlike all the other drugstore clear brow gels, if it gets dirty there is NO second side. So I do like the way its packaged. I also think the packaging is quite good quality. I've never had it break on me or anything, and it closes very tightly - i wouldn't expect it to be so reliable with the price tag of $1 dollar! I use this to keep my brow hairs in shape, and overall make the appearance of my brows a bit more sharp, and cleaner.
One star off because the lasting power isn't great. I think if revlon made a clear brow setting gel in their "Colorstay" line that lasted 16-24 hours, and it wasn't more than $4 dollars, I would buy that over this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is pretty great. It's only $1 and the formula is actually good quality. It keeps my brows in place without feeling sticky, and there's no flaky aftermath. In my opinion, this performs better than Tweezerman Browmousse ($10), NYX Eyebrow Shaper ($8.75), and Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel ($6.50). I bought my first one online, and then repurchased in-person at Target.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by xloveee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this eyebrow gel, holds my eyebrows in shape all day long. On top of that it's only $1, whenever I'm about to run out I'll just go to target and grab another one. Even though it doesn't look like there's much product this actually lasts a long time for me, since I don't fill in my eyebrows everyday. I don't use the mascara side for my eyelashes(since they point straight down and I need waterproof mascara to keep them up and curled). I think both sides are pretty much the same formula with only the difference of differences brushes on each end.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by meowloryp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this daily over MAC's Espresso powder on my eyebrows. It sets and grooms my brows very well. The price just can't be beat. BONUS: Since it's soooo cheap, I bought an extra to toss in my gym bag for a nice polished touch on my lashes and brows when I don't want a face full of makeup!