August 29, 2014 | 1370 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Danelekwoods

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was recommended to try this product when my lips became super dry and chapped when I started a new BC. I tried lip balm, aquaphor, Vaseline, eczema ointment, and neosporin. When this was recommended to me, I was a little freaked out. Who first thought to put nipple ointment on their lips?! Well I'm thankful I tried this because it definitely healed my lips overnight. Like others have said, it's very thick and it only takes a small amount. I dont mind the packaging. They must have changed it because i have had no issues getting the product out. If you have tried *everything* and nothing has worked, I recommend this product for lips. I'm sure it's great for what it's intended, but I don't have children so I wouldn't know! It cost me $13 at walgreens which is a little pricey but it's a ton of product so it will last forever for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Kudos to Fatang below for her review cautioning that just because it is natural doesn't mean it is ok for sensitive skin. For those of you complaining this causes itchiness, peeling, redness or anything, you may have a lanolin allergy. I am allergic to lanolin. Now the package insert claims even if you are allergic to lanolin you can use this lanolin because it is so purified. (Actually, this lanolin is so purified, it isn't that natural ;) This may be true, but I always tread lightly where lanolin is involved. And also, even if you don't have a reaction to THIS, lanolin product, you may have a reaction to less quality ones. As others have indicated when talking of drier cracked lips, irritation, you CAN still have a reaction to this product no matter how good it is. Like I said, tread lightly and when it comes to lanolin, don't make mass assumptions. It looks like each product case has to be handled individually depending on the quality / purity of the product/lanolin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Fatang

Really great for moisturizing very parched lips, but a caution to sensitive-skinned/allergy-prone gals: test it out in small amounts before you commit to slathering your lips. While most of the people I know who have tried this product absolutely loved it, some experienced itchyness, blotchiness, or redness. Just because it's natural doesn't mean that you're safe from having a reaction.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by lolawants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would have never found this product if it wasn't for the amazing MUA reviews! I use it for dry lips and it is seriously the BEST stuff I have ever used, EVER. And I have tried every single lip stuff you can imagine... This is really the only product that seems to truly moisturize and last. You need something else for SPF during the day, but for truly making your lips soft and shiny, this is it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm another happy mum who thankfully found this miracle stuff which saved my extremely sore nipples when breastfeeding. Never thought to use this on my lips but now that I'm expecting again as soon as I buy some, I'm going to try it! Wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by juliegirl1994

I found out about this product in Makeup alley, after looking at the MUA Top Picks and decided to give it a shot. WOW! My lips are amazingly soft all the time and many people have told me they look softer...I use this after exfoliating using a wet washcloth right before I go to bed. The result=soft lips all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Another miracle brought by MUA! All natural lipbalm that moisturizes like no other! It may seem expensive at first, but the tube will last you foreverrrrr!! MUST BUY :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by plm3191

All my life I have suffered with chapped lips. I have tried everything…. Everything, cheap and very expensive. I had my daughter and bought this for my nipples. Once she stopped breast-feeding I did not now what to do with it, so I put it on my hands and lips before bedtime. My lips have changed drastically. I will never stop using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by str8thuggin

The ONLY thing that stays on my lips overnight. Don't be surprised when people want to make out with you all the time because your lips look so good from using this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wouldn't in a million years have thought to buy this for my lips if it wasn't for MUA! This works amazingly, is 100% natural, and it lasts on the lips for quite a while. The only ingredient is medical grade lanolin (very important that it's medical grade unless you want your lips smelling like sheep!) so you don't have to worry about petro-chemicals, parabens, or artificial additives. I notice a very faint unpleasant taste when I first put this on, but it fades fast. If having a tube of nipple cream hanging out in your purse bothers you, this is thick enough that you could depot some into a little screw top (carmex type) jar. Be aware that some people are allergic to lanolin though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No