August 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by BuzzJan

This is one of my favourite mascaras. If you like natural looking lashes without any clumps, this is the mascara for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by estle

I bought it off of Ulta to try something new.. This product the way the brush is made helps with clumping for sure, but it's not dramatic enough for me.. It's more for just a simple touch-up and out the door. Overall I like the simpleness of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by mnguye5

I love this mascara. I've tried almost all the department store mascaras and this is my favorite one. I must add that this is also the first waterproof formula I have tried so maybe that has a lot to do with it. I wear contacts and a lot of mascaras irritate my eyes; or after a while it does. But this one doesn't at all ;even when I accidently fall asleep in it-which I almost never do. I use it with my Shu Uemura lash curl and this mascara does a wonderful job keeping the curl.

My brand snob friends were so skeptical when they saw me using this but after they tried it they bought their own!

A side note, I also tried the non-waterproof formula and it sucks! didn't hold the curl, irritating. The two formulas are worlds apart.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bridie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good, basic mascara. The pros are that it doesn't clump - ever! - and it stays put very well throughout the day. However, it's not very thickening or lengthening, nor does it hold a curl very well for me. I think it's great for daytime because it gives a natural look with a little extra.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Michellica

This is my HG mascara! I went through a period of buying a new mascara pretty much everytime I went to the store to find the perfect one, and this was my fave hands down. My eyelashes stay curled all day and the waterproof formula never budges (I have watery eyes). I remove it with baby oil after washing my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by AudV

I hate the wand on this mascara! The mascara itself is ok, and the rubber brush is so-so, i do like that it seems to keep the mascara from building up too much so I won't totally write off rubber brush. But my brush ended up breaking off of the wand after about a weeks use. It was just really flimsy and would slightly bend everytime I took it in or out of the tube which was odd, then one day when i went to put it back in the tube it snapped off. I was pissed since it was an almost new tube of mascara, at least it's a cheapy and I only bought it to last me till my next sephora run, but still! Perhaps I had a lemon and other's haven't experienced this issue, but I won't buy it again to find out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by dwthao

I like this mascara because it defines my lashes, but my favorite is still the professional waterproof one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by vdo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't found my HG mascara, but in the meantime I'll be using lash exact. I find that waterproof mascaras hold the curl a lot better than non-waterproof versions (something about the wax maybe?). Lash exact is no exception. I use this with my Shiseido curler and my lashes stay curled ALL day.

I like that this mascara tube isn't huge (like some other ones) but I don't think I like the rubber wand. Even though it says that it doesn't clump on the brush, I usually have to scrape the brush a few times before applying to get rid of clumps. To prevent clumps on my lashes I always wiggle the wand at the base of my lashes then rotate the wand as you go up. You can also separate your lashes with a lash comb afterward (which I sometimes have to do with this mascara).

Lash Exact lengthens really well (it's really noticeable on your bottom lashes) but I don't think it adds a lot of volume. I don't really look for volume in my everyday mascara though. I haven't had any problems at all with smudging or flaking.

All in all, I think Lash Exact is a really good every day mascara and is totally worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by psh129

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely GREAT! Doesn't smudge, holds curll all day. Might need to scrape some off brush before putting on lashes. The first ever mascara to hold the curl and NOT droop.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by katie_alti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this expecting it to be my daily mascara, something to put on for work to look natural. To my surprise this mascara makes my lashes look like falsies. My SO, friends, even strangers have made comments on my lashes. I think the reason is the mascara's uncanny ability to hold a curl. I have long lashes but they grow downward. This is the first mascara that actually holds the curl for me as it is immediately after using the lash curler. All other mascaras eventually droop, but this one keeps them standing tall. Plus it does add a decent amount of length. The combination of the curl and added length are incredible. It doesn't clump, either.
Edit 3/27: The more I use this the more I wish it added some volume. I layer a volumizing mascara over it for a dramatic look. But this still ca't be beat for how well it adds a curl.