December 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I've used Lash Blast in the past, and loved that formula. I find myself purchasing new ones constantly, though, so I have to really love a particular mascara to go back to it instead of trying a new one out. On a recent trip to the drugstore, I walked by Lash Exact and remembered how much I enjoyed it, so that's what I brought home.

I didn't realize until I opened the package that I purchased the waterproof version. I'm not a big waterproof fan; I don't like the tackiness that often comes with waterproof versions, and I don't like the difficulty in removing. But Lash Exact Waterproof has changed my prejudice against waterproof mascaras.

The packaging and wand is similar to the non waterproof version. I love the tiny bristles and how it coats every one of my lashes. But what I love about this is the formula - wow! It's slightly drier than the non waterproof, and really, really holds a curl. I wear the Shiseido base under this and that already helps keep the curl, but some mascaras still weigh down my lashes. This doesn't. It lasts all day and doesn't flake, and what's best, it's accessible - it's in every grocery store and drugstore in town. At about $7.50 CDN on average, it's not the cheapest drugstore find, but it's worlds cheaper than my old favorite, DiorShow. They don't have the same impact, however - if you're looking for vavavavoom lashes, this isn't your girl. This will impart a natural, long lash look, and the color (Very Black) is dramatic enough. Thickness you won't get from this, but you'll certainly get that wide-eyed look we all want from our favorite mascaras. Great buy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tamhuynh99

I don't know if I would buy this product again. It is actually a maybe for me as I am stepping into this world of mascara, which is really new for me. As I hardly wear mascara, but am now trying to wear it everyday. I will definitely want to try other brands like Maybelline, L'oreal and other drugstore brands.

I believe this mascara is cheap compared to brand news such as Lancome and Bourghis (not sure if this is the correct spelling).

I have used this mascara for three days now, and I find it to be relatively okay. The first two days were great. But today, the third day, I started to notice clumps on the wand and as I applied the mascara to my eyelashes, there were large amount of liquid stick between the wand teeth (as I would call it). The mascara just clump together and today is only the third day! I have only bought this mascara for 3 days now, but it is already disappointing me.

I would say it is the formula, the mascara clings together and recreated large amount of clumps on the applicator wand.

Overall, I will continue to use it and see how long this mascara will last for me. It is still very good, but I am disappointed as to how it is already clumpy when I have only used for 3 time only.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't expecting much from this mascara -- Ulta was having a sale on Cover Girl products so I grabbed this on a whim. Anyway, this comes close to usurping my MF 2000 calorie w/p mascara from it's HG status. It separates, lengthens and doesn't flake; however, it DOES tend to smudge after a couple hours if I wear it on my bottom lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by BuzzJan

This is one of my favourite mascaras. If you like natural looking lashes without any clumps, this is the mascara for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by estle

I bought it off of Ulta to try something new.. This product the way the brush is made helps with clumping for sure, but it's not dramatic enough for me.. It's more for just a simple touch-up and out the door. Overall I like the simpleness of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by mnguye5

I love this mascara. I've tried almost all the department store mascaras and this is my favorite one. I must add that this is also the first waterproof formula I have tried so maybe that has a lot to do with it. I wear contacts and a lot of mascaras irritate my eyes; or after a while it does. But this one doesn't at all ;even when I accidently fall asleep in it-which I almost never do. I use it with my Shu Uemura lash curl and this mascara does a wonderful job keeping the curl.

My brand snob friends were so skeptical when they saw me using this but after they tried it they bought their own!

A side note, I also tried the non-waterproof formula and it sucks! didn't hold the curl, irritating. The two formulas are worlds apart.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bridie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good, basic mascara. The pros are that it doesn't clump - ever! - and it stays put very well throughout the day. However, it's not very thickening or lengthening, nor does it hold a curl very well for me. I think it's great for daytime because it gives a natural look with a little extra.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Michellica

This is my HG mascara! I went through a period of buying a new mascara pretty much everytime I went to the store to find the perfect one, and this was my fave hands down. My eyelashes stay curled all day and the waterproof formula never budges (I have watery eyes). I remove it with baby oil after washing my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by AudV

I hate the wand on this mascara! The mascara itself is ok, and the rubber brush is so-so, i do like that it seems to keep the mascara from building up too much so I won't totally write off rubber brush. But my brush ended up breaking off of the wand after about a weeks use. It was just really flimsy and would slightly bend everytime I took it in or out of the tube which was odd, then one day when i went to put it back in the tube it snapped off. I was pissed since it was an almost new tube of mascara, at least it's a cheapy and I only bought it to last me till my next sephora run, but still! Perhaps I had a lemon and other's haven't experienced this issue, but I won't buy it again to find out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by dwthao

I like this mascara because it defines my lashes, but my favorite is still the professional waterproof one.