October 31, 2014 | 905 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Bunnieskat

I was expecting this product to be a miracle .. Honestly I get more coverage with my elf powder brush...but it does feel like you hae nothing on your face . I recommend this to some one who needs light to medium coverage , the beauty blender would make your foundation look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by labelladolce

Amazing. I use it for my under eye concealer and it blends it so well. I used to use a dry flat top brush and it left my under eyes so cakey and dry looking! I didn't realize how good my make up could look until I started using the beauty blender. The sponginess plus the moisture really blends it into my skin and reduces harsh edges (for those who like a bright highlighted look). Only down side is that it's a little small to use all over the face for foundation unless you're really patient with bouncing that little sponge everywhere which is why I primarily use it for under eyes. It is also a little difficult to hold the narrow end and use all over the face because it is easy to lose grip. Therefore if you have fast drying foundation you better work quick! Also, nothing really cleans the sponge extremely well for me so I'm guessing I need to purchase the cleanser too which is very expensive. Lastly, it is expensive but well worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always used brushes (the ELF Flat Top) for my foundation, because they're sanitary and easy to use. However, upon hearing so many raves for the beauty blender, I decided to give it a go anyways, despite the potential sanitary issues that could arise. It was amazing. It was so quick and easy, and the finish for my Estee Lauder Double Wear was phenomenal... so much better than any brush could achieve.

[ PROS ]
- Very easy to use
- Provides an amazingly natural finish
- Can be used to sheer out a heavy foundation
- Can be used to build up a very sheer foundation
- Great for patting concealer onto the under-eye area

[ CONS ]
- Very pricey
- A pain to clean (it must be cleaned very thoroughly or mold could appear!)
- Takes at least a day to fully dry (I have two that I use in rotation)

I usually use Dr. Bronner's soap bar to clean my beauty blenders and there have been no issues. In addition to this, I soak them in rubbing alcohol before I squeeze it out as much as I can and leave it to dry -- this is in hopes of preventing bacterial growth. To those who have had issues with mold, I suggest letting the beauty blender dry on top of a container in an area with good air flow.

While pricey, I really love this little tool and even the closest dupe (Real Techniques) does not feel quite the same (in terms of how it feels when I'm using it -- finish is quite similar). I will continue to repurchase :).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MaryMakeup121813

For people saying it wastes foundation, I hope you are wetting it? That's the point of the egg shape, you wet it and it gets x2 as big when you ring it out and dry it. The moisture inside the sponge pushes the foundation to your face instead of absorbing. I find it makes my foundation go further but that's my opinion! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by mrsaflores

OBSESSED! I swear by this little pink sponge! the best brush I own couldnt do as well as this! FLAWLESS http://flikapp.com/flik/2TTydxe9

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Laquila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought booty blender two days ago cause I was so curious as everyone on youtube were raving about it, but then after one use I wasn't really impressed.

It does blend effortlessly and really fast, but I feel like I have to use more foundation as the sponge somehow absorbs it? So you waste more product. And although the coverage is natural, it's not really full, I have a couple of acne and some acne scars (not that bad) and they still show up after application. I used Revlon ColorStay fyi. And I still need to use a concealer to cover up those imperfections.

Then the pink color comes off when you wash it with a shampoo, but the foundation doesn't come off completely. It's really hard to wash it. You probably need to spend more to buy the Beauty Blender cleanser.

So yeah it's really just marketing, it's not really a miracle product. Just like the Egyptian Magic Cream. I think the Real Techniques sponge has the exact similar application. They're making too much profit outta this overrated pink sponge it's ridiculous!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by rlamour

For a product with so much hype surrounding it I really was expecting more! While I do love the application it gives to most liquid foundations, you need to use about 2-3 times the amount of foundation to get normal coverage with the BeautyBlender, which kind of negates it's purpose. It also is very unsanitary, sponges are known to be breeding grounds for bacteria, and while I did not notice an increase in breakouts, it just didn't sit right with me putting a visibly dirty sponge onto my face. Overall I think it's a great product if you don't mind the extra waste of your foundation being sucked up by it, and the hassle of trying to get it clean.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by VMV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It is easy to apply foundation with this sponge. However it takes much more time than with my Sigma f80 brush. Also this is hard to get clean and it is not really a long lasting product. My sponge leaves a lot of color when washing it. For this price I will not repurchase. I heard that Real techniques has a good alternative so I will try that one next.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by saabrinad

Never touched a foundation brush after purchasing this amazing sponge. I find that when using foundation brushes, lines of the brush are still visible and you can just tell that a brush was used to apply your foundation. Using a beauty blender not only gets rid of this, it blends extremely easily, is moist (you wet it before application), and it gives a completely natural finish.
This sponge is definitely worth the hype and I don't think I will ever buy a foundation brush again. The original beauty blender all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by vcpham

Just like everyone else it also took me awhile to finally cave in and buy this product. The price is pretty high considering you're buying a sponge. But this is worth it! It does miracles for my under eye concealer and it gives a really nice finish to the skin. You can make it sheer and natural or build your foundation up to a flawless finish with the beauty blender. I love this sponge and everyone should definitely try it