Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

3.7

Not tested on animals

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balance)

on 7/18/2006 3:26:00 PM

I was shopping at my local Kroger store and saw this soap. I grabbed it and decided to give it a try. I could only find the larger size (8oz) but I would suggest you to buy the small one (4oz) if you could. The soap is ugly. I don't feel it convenient to use a soap (either for body or face) but I've kept using it. Why? It gives my face a radiant complexion, leaveing it squeaky clean without stripping the moisture. You may expect the soap to be very drying but this one is not! It has pure olive oil which heals and gives moisture to your skin. Now I also use it as a body cleanser and I don't feel the need to apply body lotion afterwards. This is a staple in my skincare regime!

on 7/7/2006 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After reading so many good reviews for this soap, I decided to try it out for myself. I got the 230g bar, which I've been using since November last year, and there's still about a 1/3 left. It's a bit drying on my skin (oily/combo) and doesn't really do much besides clean it. As it is a pure olive oil soap, it doesn't foam up as much as most other soaps. A nice basic soap for those who need something with as few ingredients as possible. I'm looking for something with a bit more pizzazz.

Worked well and didn't dry my face like regular soap. Also, did not break me out.
Michelle

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of my favorite all-natural soaps. I've turned so many of my friends onto this bar soap for so many skin conditions and problems. AWESOME soap and completely natural.

on 5/29/2006 5:52:00 PM

I got this bar soap as a gift and this is the best soap I've ever used in my life! Until now I was faithfully using the Dove brand soap but now I'm converted. This soap forms so well, cleans wonderfully, yet hydrate your body just right--never leaves a feeling too creamy/heavy. And this product is really affordable. What can I ask more?!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this soap for a week now, and am very happy with it! I have always suffered from acne, and this is the first time my skin has been this clear in YEARS. I mean, it is drying on my fairly sensitive/combination skin, but it has yet to have any negative affects. I give it an overall rating of five, because this is the best stuff I have used on my face (coming from someone who has used Murad, Pro Active, and countless other products, that is saying a lot). I give the price a four because it is pretty cheap, but I guess if you are use to buying Dove, $3 can seem steep for a bar of soap; honestly though, it is a huge bar of soap that I am assuming will last for quite some time. Finally, I gave the packaging quality a 3 because there isn't much to the packaging; not that that matters to me, but if you care about it being a bar of soap (you may have issues due to bacterial reasons which occur with any bar soap) it might be a problem. I wish they would make this soap in a pump; that would be great. Anyway, I really suggest this soap, which might become my HG soap after I use it for a few more weeks!

on 5/10/2006 1:37:00 PM

I got a bar of this soap and I absolutely love it. It doesn't make my skin feel sticky and I love the scent. Plus it is super cheap!

on 3/2/2006 8:44:00 PM

One of the few soaps that doesn't make me itchy. I like it better than Dr. Bronner's or any of the other soaps that I have tried, and it is cheaper. Just be sure to use one of those draining soap dishes or it will turn to goo!

on 2/28/2006 2:49:00 PM

Ever since I became pregnant, my once oily skin is dry as a bone. I have even switched from oil-free lotions to straight sweet almond oil on my face! That said, this soap is what I use to wash my face. It leaves my face feeling clean, but not tight. I like the very subtle smell and the color is pretty neat, too. Try it, and you just might like it :0)

on 2/25/2006 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I like this for body washing, but it's awful for face washing. I tried this because of the good reviews-- my skin is VERY dry in the winter, but still breaks out (I use Retin-A with a heavy face creme on top at night). I guess at the end of the day "saponified olive oil" is still soap, because my face was the driest I've ever seen it two minutes after washing with this. Major flakes of skin popped up all over my face. I do find it gentle and effective for body washing, though, and I like unscented products, so I hope three stars is the correct rating! Just my two cents.