October 20, 2014 | 1806 users online

Concealers - Sheer Cover - Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 1:35:00 PM More reviews by DumbB1onde

I don't know if it's still available, but I was able to get a large size of just the lightest color of this, so I feel like that makes the price less preposterous (in the duo, half the product is useless to me). On the downside, the package will immediately break at the hinge, luckily it will still snap shut if you line the pieces up correctly. Don't try carrying it in your purse after that. On the upside, the product is quite good. It's greasy, so it doesn't show any flakiness or lines, which is great for me because my blemishes are always peeling from salicylic acid. The greasiness doesn't seem to cause blemishes though. The texture and color look very natural on my skin, and often I use this under my eyes and on spots without foundation because it covers so well. It's one of the thicker concealers I've used. I have already bought it more than once because it's my staple concealer, nothing else works as well for me. I don't like dealing directly with the company, however, so I buy on ebay.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2007 5:11:00 AM More reviews by makeupthebreakdown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes, I would buy again. Only because this is the only concealer I've found that will work with my selftanner. I hate that it only comes in duos for custom blending when I only need the lightest shade, which is still REALLY yellow (buyer beware). The price isn't that great either. I'm sure there are better concealers out there but frankly, I'm sticking with what I know works since I don't have the time or money to try out a bunch of different ones.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jenren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I fell for it again. After watching the infomercial about Sheer Cover I thought "I have to have this!"....so I did. The concealer did nothing to cover my blemishes, and it looked really cheap. The price is outrageous. Don't fall for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The most efficient concealer duo I have ever tried and it feels so light, blends beautifully and I have purchased it many times over. It lasts a long time (both on your skin and the product itself) and it beats even the expensive spectrum of Dermablend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 7:40:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The infomercial sounds like it is a wonder product for all women. Apparently not when you read the other reviews. Most products do not get 100% of women pleased with the product. I tried it because the starter kit was an inexpensive way to try it out. For me, the undereye concealer was the best I have ever tried. I actually think I was lucky that the tan color was a good match. I have very oily skin, yet at age 43, I am begining to get the fine lines around the eyes. Most other concealers would go on great, but as the day passes on it would crease and make my eyes look puffy. This concealer is a little heavy, but with practice, I got it right and it lasts all day. I do have a scar on my neck from a surgery, the concealer did not cover it completely. My coworker did not know I had been using Sheercover and commented that I looked well rested. That was enough for me to reorder the product. Or you can order just one or two items from ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Demetria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really surprised there are not more glowing reviews on this. I am really, really dry under the eyes, with dark circles from a vein on one side and visible capillaries under both. This is probably the best I have used so far. I have the medium. It hides the dark circles, is a nice smooth texture and doesn't crease. I do not put the sheer cover minerals over it or any other powder. I never put powder under my eyes. They are very dry and powder seems to only accentuate that. I don't have a problem with smudging even without the powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2006 8:36:00 PM More reviews by VSPink10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff made me feel disgusting. It was thick and heavy. Also, the color looked orangy on my skin. However, I gave it two lippies because it does do it's job. It covers your problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2006 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Ellssa

This concealer works well covering up red spots however its way to expensive. I don't like Sheer Covers mineral powders and if you smply want to concealer you are forced to get 4 in a package which come out to 3 payments of roughly 25$. No thanks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2006 11:16:00 AM More reviews by EAngel

My skin type: oily, acne prone and chocolate complexion

packaging: You get two brushes, a travel brush and home use brush, dual concealer (with light and dark shade for the given colour requested), loose/finishing powder, foundation, a little scoop, instructional dvd, instructional brochure...andÖi think that's it

Pro: concealer worked like a charm for me, i have a good amount of acne scars on my cheeks and the concealer conceals well; foundation is the best i've used so far. my skin looks flawless afterwards, it goes on light, it's a perfect skin colour match for me, easy to apply and hides my pores; customer service was great, always helpful when i had problems with the kit, shade or billing inquiries.

con: packaging was too big for my liking. the loose powder doesn't do anything for me. the make up comes off fairly easily. i can't touch my face or else i'll transfer the makeup onto whatever i touch afterwards (embarrassing). Subscription is weird because after the first order which is around $36 (a months worth of product), they automatically send you a kit every 3 months after that which is around $89 (for 3 months worth of product). I just think it's weird because i don't remember being told that, i just saw my bill and was wondering why the price went up all of a sudden.

I really liked the product and recommend it. Since my skin is really oily I use the MAC blot powder with this and I always look great. I donít wear a lot of makeup just the sheer cover and something for my lips and I look hot.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2006 8:01:00 AM More reviews by starskye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, sensitive skin with large pores and a bit of redness most times. I tried MAC select cover up int the past when I though it was good enough coverage only to find out that it really wasn't not enough coverage for me although it's easier to blend into my skin. I also tried MAC studio finish concealer for more coverage but it tends to dry out before I can completely blend it into my skin. When I first got my Sheer Cover Mineral Foundation, I absolutely loved the concealer b/c of the of two colors and the ease of blending it onto my skin without it drying out too fast and it gave me nice coverage. To keep my whole makeup look smooth, I would always use a great cleanser, toner, primer then my Sheer Cover Concealer, followed by the awesome tan finishing powder for the nice smooth look and to absorm left over oil before apply the actual mineral foundation. Yeah sounds like a lot of work but I just love the look when I'm all done.