DUO - Eyelash Adhesive

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to eyelash adhesive. I used to use the clear formula until a MAC MUA told me to use the dark tone, since I have dark eyelashes. She said the dark tone would look more natural and dries like a liquid liner, whereas the clear formula doesn't dry invisible - it dries like regular glue would dry. This glue firmly holds the lashes in place, even if you cry, etc. Simply use a waterproof eye makeup remover to take off your lashes pain-free or feel free to tug, which is what I usually end up doing.

HOW I APPLY: First I apply this product to a q-tip and use the q-tip as an applicator and apply it to the base of the fake lashes (i.e. the part that will adhere to the base of your eyelid). Then I grab the ends of the lash and make a U-shape and hold that shape for 30 seconds. This will allow the lash to contour to your eyelid a lot easier. Otherwise, you get that "see-saw effect" where you press down on one corner and the opposite side shoots up. I use a toothpick to prod areas of the lash into perfect position. Once the glue has dried, I use a liquid liner to perfect the lash line and I apply 1-2 coats of mascara so that my natural lashes blend in with my fake lashes. continued >>

on 7/12/2010 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had to buy this due to an emergency on my birthday lol. I used a random lash adhesive I got in Sasa for around HK$20 and it just FAILED and I was insistent on wearing my falsies on my birthday so I went to the MAC counter and got this. It cost me around HK$80 (US$10)

The size is pretty substantial actually at 14g so in terms of price it is pretty worth it. However I did see this online for like half the price (Sugarpill) which makes me wonder how much MAC is actually profiting from this product =/

Anyway the first thing I noticed was a strong chemical smell which I can't describe. But you'll notice it right away I'm sure. That kind of freaked me out since I was putting it really close to my eyes. Oh well - emergency so I did.

I was pretty impressed with the product. It was a hot summer night and it lasted through Hong Kong's very humid climate. You do have to follow the instructions and let the glue get tacky before applying - it will last until you want it to last. Because the glue is strong, removal seems tough but just watch Enkore's video on how to remove effectively. (Basically soaking a cotton bud in make up remover and then dabbing it on the band of the eyelash so it loosens the glue and then it will peel off easily)

It is a good investment. I think you can make even the cheapest falsies look good if your glue sticks properly. However if you use like Shu lashes with crappy glue... yeah you know what I'm saying.

on 5/26/2010 5:22:00 PM

i'll start off by saying that i havnt really tested this product under extream conditions i.e stronge wind, or extremly heavy sweat, but i use it every time i go out and have never had any problems with it, my lashed always stay in place all night and dont come loose at the corners, i can wear then all night, drink, dance and whatever els and have no problems plus for the amount u get it works out really cheap.

on 5/23/2010 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I never had the desire to try Duo- I find that the Ardell lash adhesive works super well for me....I've never had an issue with it. I received this as a free gift when ordering some False Lashes online, and after trying it- I do like it a lot. It dries much more faster then my Ardell glue, and make's the lash band stick better to the inner corner of my eyes. I would repurchase this :)

on 4/25/2010 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have a burning hatred for this eyelash glue. As a dancer, I have to wear false eyelashes for the stage, and I often need them to last for around 12 hours. I was in need of some new glue, so I purchased this since it was the only one I could find at the store. BIG MISTAKE. It's weird and goopy coming out of the tube. Initially it seemed to stick well, but after about an hour my lash started to come off. I had to reapply multipule times throughout the day, which I've never had to do with my previous glue. I ended up tossing it and I found that the store also carried Lise Watier glue, which works fabulously. Maybe my bad experience was due to the heat and sweat, but it certainly didn't work for my purpose.

on 4/23/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite lash adhesive. Lashes stay on until I take them off and when I do they come of cleanly. When I use any other adhesive I am greatly disappointed. I wear lashes often and this is always in my kit.

on 4/11/2010 3:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

One of my staples is the DUO Lash Adhesive in Dark tone. After squeezing out the product, I was greatly disappointed to see a light gray-ish watery stuff. But i decided to use it anyway. Oh boy was I wrong. The lashes stuck on closest to my eyelids (not directly on my eyelids as I heard it's unsafe to do that) steadily and blended with my eyeliner perfectly. Would repurchase if i still won't try Latisse heehee!!! ;p

on 4/3/2010 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't see why this is getting such mixed reviews. I've never had an problems with it. It's the best eyelash glue I've tried. I love it, it lasts all day and won't come off until you take it off. I've used others and they're nothing close to being as good as Duo. This is a must-have for false lash wearers!

on 3/22/2010 8:58:00 AM

A caution. I started experimenting with false eyelashes and used this adhesive. It has latex in it. My eyes swelled up like blow fishes .... and it took over a week to get them looking normal again! Be very careful if you think you might have an allergic reaction t this. Not for sensitive eyes!

on 3/22/2010 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought this product a while back whilst living in Chicago, Iíd left my Shu Uemura Lash adhesive in the UK (disaster!) so bought this in a moment of madness. Big mistake. This does the job, but nowhere near as well as my Shu Uemura favourite. I wear lashes in the evening- usually 6-7 hours max, and Duo just doesnít hold up! The product has a watery consistency (not very reassuring when applying) and does not last at all well in warm weather. If you donít mind reapplying throughout the day/night by all means buy this product, however I would choose Uemura over this again and again.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools