August 29, 2014 | 1947 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the greatest makeup remover... I don't even know why I purchased this twice. I guess it's b/c I don't wear heavy makeup except liner and non-waterproof mascara. I thought this worked alright for e/s and mascara, but it doesn't take off gel liners very well. It also leaves a sticky film behind but that never really bothered me since I wash my face right after removing my eye makeup anyways.

Get the Neutrogena oil free remover. It's so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by chica21608

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to try it out. I've been using L'Oreal eye makeup remover forever, so I wanted to try something different.
Unfortunately, its not all that good. It removes your eye makeup, but not thoroughly. It definitely doesn't condition the eye area and like the previous post said it leaves makeup behind.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by gracesg

This eye make up remover smells like alcohol. Alcohol is drying, and not the kind of substance i feel comfortable dousing my under eye area in. it works okay, but i cant get past the idea that i am drying out the delicate skin around my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by siamesekiss

Honestly this has not worked for me better than just using water does. I switched from Maybelline remover (non greasy w/ the blue letters) for political reasons and I miss it. The Almay just doesn't have enough soap or actual remover in it to do the job and I don't wear waterproof mascara. After using a cotton ball soaked in remover on both eyes, I end up with slight raccoon circles under each eye. This never happened with the Maybelline. As for the bottle, the opening is a bit large. I wish it were smaller so a triple size cotton ball would more than adequately cover the top but as of right now it barely does. Maybe they do that because you need more remover to actually remove all your eye makeup. On the plus side it's definitely not greasy. Next I will try Neutragena and see how that one works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

This make up remover does not get everything off for me, but most of my eye make up.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by VivaNashvegas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For me, it gets the job done. I had been using Maybelline eye makeup remover, but this had about 4 times the product for the same price, so I switched for the better deal. I don't wear a ton of eye makeup, and I had no problem getting any mascara residue left from washing my face off with this.I can't tell ya how well it works on waterproof mascara,however. It definitely has a killer sting to it though if it gets your eyes, so I wouldn't recommend it for sensitive eyes, even though it is supposed to be hypoallergenic, and, according to the bottle, it won't cause irritation.

Mine has added aloe, cucumber, and green tea. This is all supposed to "condition,hydrate, and soothe" my skin, but I can't say I've noticed any difference.

Overall, I'd say the product is so-so. It works, and you gets 4oz. of remover for just a few bucks, but there's a chance you'll get a bitch of a stinging sensation,too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by tw

Love! It gets off multiple coats of waterproof mascara and eyeliner easily, doesn't irritate my eyes, doesn't break me out. It contains no mineral oil so it doesn't damage my acrylic nails. No weird scent, no nasty residue. It's really cheap compared to other brands that don't work half as well. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. What a concept! It's really convenient that I can get it at the grocery store, too. As always, Almay doesn't test on animals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I'm apparently going to be in the minority on this one (o well) but this product works well for me. Only reason I got it is for traveling (see my review for Neutrogena's, which I LOVE, but its a liquid and to me, too dicey to travel w/) and this gel works well w/ no fears of it leaking all over in my luggage. I have had NO issues w/ burning or stinging. I wear only H2O proof mascara, so that is normally a challenge to remove. I do have to swipe my eyes a few times, but nothing annoying. Totally removes it all and since I wash my face afterwards (Oil of Olay Hydrating Cleanser and include a quick swipe across my eyes) = no oily residue. Also completely removes my CoverGirl Outlast lip stuff - another challenge to remove.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Nekura

I actually use Almay's "Moisturizing" Eye remover during days when I wear a lot. I know a lot of people have their issues with that but it actually works really well for me in regards to removing waterproof eye products despite the oily residue which I don't mind washing off afterwards so the oiliness of it never bugged me.

I decided to pick up a bottle of this "oil-free" remover for my lighter days because I ran out of my general oil free makeup remover that's by an Asian brand I can't/don't have the time to get at the moment and because this was on sale.

I'm not sure if it's the exact one everyone here is reviewing... The bottle I have is the one that claims to have "With aloe, cucumber & green tea" with a picture of them on the bottle. For me this cleanser is okay. I didn't expect this to remove waterproof mascara or what not. It does a decent job with removing standard light eye makeup leaving a decent refreshed feeling but it takes a bit more liquid and a longer cleansing process than I would like. I wear contacts from time to time and this doesn't bother my eyes nor has it react badly on my skin. It's a decent oil-free cleanser really... but I'm specifically bothered by the scent. Almay claims this to be fragrance free but there's a really strong if not appauling chemical scent to this that seems a bit toxic? it's something nostalgic to me with artist markers and paints... much similar to well known prisma markers. Despite how my skin/eyes don't have a bad reaction to this I don't really want something thta smells so awful near my eyes or on my face to buy this again.

I would have given this a 5 if it didn't smell toxic because it works close to the more expensive oil free cleanser I used but the scent is just too much. 3/5.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by newobsession

This worked fine for me. I wear contact lenses and it didn't irritate my eyes or sting. I don't really like the non-scented smell of it though, it smells very chemical. It did remove my mascara with mascara base very well. UPDATE 3/28/08: I used this last night and it did sting my poor eyes! And I can't say enough about how I hate the smell of it. Ugh.