The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/21/2008 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got the 1.7 oz as a gift from a friend. I love the citrus orange scent and I always get compliments when I use this. The thing is it's not that moisturizing, I feel like this body butter is drying compared to some of the others by TBS that I have used. I wouldn't buy this stuff again because it's not worth $10, but maybe online for cheaper.

on 4/20/2008 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the satsuma body butter, the smell is delicious.

I learnt yesterday that the oils in the fruit body butters are obtained by crushing the seeds in the fruit, however satsumas do not have seeds, so they get the oil from pressing the peel of the satsuma, and amazingly this also extracts wax which gives us an even bigger boost of moisture. So this body butter is really really moisturizing and lovely and light to use!

on 3/9/2008 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

ok the price wasnt that bad and i guess it does moisturize my skin but i will never again buy this. my skin in the winter is very dry and this wasnt enought to keep it form drying out again. the smell was the worst!!! i usually dont mind the smell of products but this i did mind, i like oranges and citrus stuff but not this it was sooo strong that it made my room smell and the fumes are so srtong that its worse then nail polish remover!! dont buy unless you have a nose that is very not picky!!!

on 1/8/2008 2:40:00 PM

I usually love the smell or orange, but this is a bit too much for me, even during the summer. It's just too powerful, and it doesn't mix well w/ my other fragrances. I have used and loved TBS butter for a long time and have always finished them. I might not make it on this one :( I'll try to power through bc I love how well it moisturizes my skin.

on 12/29/2007 8:35:00 AM

The best thing about this body butter is its scent, I have to say. It's a vibrant sweet-citrusy fragrance which lingers on long on the skin. It can be overpowering but it's alright for me since I only use it on the legs.

However, what I don't like about this is its thick stickiness. It's so heavy that it never does settle proper on my skin. I think this is best for those with very dry skins, or when the climate is really cold.

on 12/21/2007 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Satsuma is my favorite smell on earth - LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love pretty much all Body Shop products.

on 12/15/2007 11:25:00 AM

Satsuma is my favorite scent. I always get compliments on it. Even though it's intended for normal skin, i still wear it because it moisturizes my dry skin enough. (I still mostly use my cetaphil moistuizing creme for the winter tho). The bottom line is that it's ok to use if you have dry sensitive skin but sparingly. The scent is worth it! ;p

on 12/15/2007 4:37:00 AM

When I first smelled this from the jar, I thought it smelled too strong and was turned off by it. But I rubbed it into my skin anyway, and the smell predictably was diluted and I thought the aroma was wonderful! Aside from the smell, I like that it doesn't feel oily or greasy. Although, I don't think it provides a whole lot of moisture, so I took off a point. Then again, most of these types of body care items from places like Bath and Body Works the The Body Shop have "moisturizing" products that smell nice but don't actually do much for the skin. Oh well. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who regularly wears perfume during the day, as this is quite strong, even smoothed into the skin, and could possibly conflict with the smell of your perfume.

on 11/11/2007 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smelled really great and orangey (actually i only think it smelled great because i read about a study where men think oranges smell sexy!! xD). Didn't really moisturise my very dry skin but wasn't oily like the general body butters. I tried this again a few months later as I hadn't finished the tub and there's a plastic smell to it.

on 7/2/2007 7:38:00 AM

YUM.
I love the satsuma line. I also have the shower gel and scrub...it really starts my day off on a great note. I haven't been that pleased with The Body Shop's body butter's in the past, but I see that's because I've been getting the ones for dry skin. This one is for regular skin and it is just heavy enough to moisturize, but light enough to seep in very very quickly and easily. I just finished off one tub and I'm about to purchase another. This has definitely reached HG status for me.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products