July 30, 2014 | 1237 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Satsuma Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by jillyjill

I usually love the smell or orange, but this is a bit too much for me, even during the summer. It's just too powerful, and it doesn't mix well w/ my other fragrances. I have used and loved TBS butter for a long time and have always finished them. I might not make it on this one :( I'll try to power through bc I love how well it moisturizes my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2007 8:35:00 AM More reviews by windchijmes

The best thing about this body butter is its scent, I have to say. It's a vibrant sweet-citrusy fragrance which lingers on long on the skin. It can be overpowering but it's alright for me since I only use it on the legs.

However, what I don't like about this is its thick stickiness. It's so heavy that it never does settle proper on my skin. I think this is best for those with very dry skins, or when the climate is really cold.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Satsuma is my favorite smell on earth - LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love pretty much all Body Shop products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by amesrh

Satsuma is my favorite scent. I always get compliments on it. Even though it's intended for normal skin, i still wear it because it moisturizes my dry skin enough. (I still mostly use my cetaphil moistuizing creme for the winter tho). The bottom line is that it's ok to use if you have dry sensitive skin but sparingly. The scent is worth it! ;p

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 4:37:00 AM More reviews by tanni

When I first smelled this from the jar, I thought it smelled too strong and was turned off by it. But I rubbed it into my skin anyway, and the smell predictably was diluted and I thought the aroma was wonderful! Aside from the smell, I like that it doesn't feel oily or greasy. Although, I don't think it provides a whole lot of moisture, so I took off a point. Then again, most of these types of body care items from places like Bath and Body Works the The Body Shop have "moisturizing" products that smell nice but don't actually do much for the skin. Oh well. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who regularly wears perfume during the day, as this is quite strong, even smoothed into the skin, and could possibly conflict with the smell of your perfume.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2007 8:24:00 AM More reviews by hitandrun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smelled really great and orangey (actually i only think it smelled great because i read about a study where men think oranges smell sexy!! xD). Didn't really moisturise my very dry skin but wasn't oily like the general body butters. I tried this again a few months later as I hadn't finished the tub and there's a plastic smell to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 7:38:00 AM More reviews by leila12

YUM.
I love the satsuma line. I also have the shower gel and scrub...it really starts my day off on a great note. I haven't been that pleased with The Body Shop's body butter's in the past, but I see that's because I've been getting the ones for dry skin. This one is for regular skin and it is just heavy enough to moisturize, but light enough to seep in very very quickly and easily. I just finished off one tub and I'm about to purchase another. This has definitely reached HG status for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 11:59:00 AM More reviews by alieblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only reason I say I wouldn't buy this again is because I feel this fragrance is too potent for me, and conflicts with my perfume. The Satsuma fragrance is a sweet orange smell that is quite delicious. The Body Butter is great for normal to very dry skin. A little goes a long way in regards to fragrance AND moisturization. If you do not wear perfume, this could be a great choice; when worn people always comment on how good I smell and my husband adores it (and uses the shower gel himself, he's such a fan of the scent). High quality ingredients, a frangrance that lasts all day, you can't beat it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by seagoddess35

I love the texture of this body butter, and it smelled yummy and delicious on my girlfriend. On me, it was more of a orangy floor/counter cleanser. Not so yummy and delicious. I will buy other body butters, but not this one...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by MariLaPaisa

AMAZING. OMG THIS SMELLS SPECTACULAR! I really love how this feels especially since its winter and its heavy and I love the strong overpowering smell of it because you know it will always linger throughout the day and settle down to a softer scent.