The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite scents from The Body Shop. The body butter does tend to be a tad greasy. I mainly use it before I go to bed during the winter months. My arms are fairly dry, and as far as keeping my skin moisturized, I don't know much of a difference, but I do notice my arms being smoother.

Satsuma is a great citrusy scent but in a body butter it was WAY too overpowering and made my allergies act up. I put it on at night and still smelled like it in the morning. Too bad it was so strong cuz it's a nice scent.

When I first opened this product, I thought the smell was a bit powerful, but now when I open it the smell has faded a lot.
As for the product, it was light but it dried out my skin rather than moisturised, though I will still use it sometimes because of the nice citrus smell.
Dont think its worth the price really.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got the 1.7 oz as a gift from a friend. I love the citrus orange scent and I always get compliments when I use this. The thing is it's not that moisturizing, I feel like this body butter is drying compared to some of the others by TBS that I have used. I wouldn't buy this stuff again because it's not worth $10, but maybe online for cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the satsuma body butter, the smell is delicious.

I learnt yesterday that the oils in the fruit body butters are obtained by crushing the seeds in the fruit, however satsumas do not have seeds, so they get the oil from pressing the peel of the satsuma, and amazingly this also extracts wax which gives us an even bigger boost of moisture. So this body butter is really really moisturizing and lovely and light to use!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

ok the price wasnt that bad and i guess it does moisturize my skin but i will never again buy this. my skin in the winter is very dry and this wasnt enought to keep it form drying out again. the smell was the worst!!! i usually dont mind the smell of products but this i did mind, i like oranges and citrus stuff but not this it was sooo strong that it made my room smell and the fumes are so srtong that its worse then nail polish remover!! dont buy unless you have a nose that is very not picky!!!

I usually love the smell or orange, but this is a bit too much for me, even during the summer. It's just too powerful, and it doesn't mix well w/ my other fragrances. I have used and loved TBS butter for a long time and have always finished them. I might not make it on this one :( I'll try to power through bc I love how well it moisturizes my skin.

The best thing about this body butter is its scent, I have to say. It's a vibrant sweet-citrusy fragrance which lingers on long on the skin. It can be overpowering but it's alright for me since I only use it on the legs.

However, what I don't like about this is its thick stickiness. It's so heavy that it never does settle proper on my skin. I think this is best for those with very dry skins, or when the climate is really cold.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Satsuma is my favorite smell on earth - LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love pretty much all Body Shop products.

Satsuma is my favorite scent. I always get compliments on it. Even though it's intended for normal skin, i still wear it because it moisturizes my dry skin enough. (I still mostly use my cetaphil moistuizing creme for the winter tho). The bottom line is that it's ok to use if you have dry sensitive skin but sparingly. The scent is worth it! ;p

Top Rated The Body Shop Products