Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil -Free

2.9

on 8/23/2010 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm really surprised this product has such a low rating - it works wonders for me. I think the issue is 'oil-free' which attracts people with oily skin - however, this is more suitable for people with dry / dehydrated skin. It is a mix of primer and a moisturizer - it has a creamy-white consistency, and not so much the clear-silicone-y texture like most ordinary primers. This really does not control oil - but that's ok since I don't really get any. I actually use a 24-hr gel moisturizer under this, then the primer, and then L.M. tinted moisturizer (so obviously, I take all the moisture I can get). So in summary - GOOD FOR DRY SKIN, NOT FOR OILY SKIN. So don't be fulled by oil-free - this is really made for skin that needs a bit of moisture and protection.

on 8/10/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Very creamy and easy to apply. It was kind of too heavy for me and to creamy, and took along time to set in my face. It didn't do much for my makeup, expect make it easier to apply. My makeup didn't last long, and i still got extremely oily. Didn't cause my to break out, and I'm acne-prone. Overrall it is good, but I think I can find wayyyyy better primers for the same price. Wouldn't buy this again, but worth the try !

on 6/10/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this. It had been awhile since I used this, but for the past couple of weeks I've been using it everyday and my skin looks and feels really amazing. It's supposedly for oily skin but IMO it works sooooo much better for normal-to-dry (or dehydrated) skin. It's quite siliconey, and creates a beautifully smooth canvas for foundation and blush. I suspect there are some ingredients in here that work very well for dryish skin because my skin is absolutely glowing.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C22-20 Alcohols, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hamaelis Viginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Polyamino Sugar Condesate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Chlorphensin, Benzoic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Saccharomyces/Xylium Black Tea Ferment, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Green 5 (CI 61570), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 6/2/2010 10:48:00 PM

This primer is okay. I don't feel like it does anything to my face and it is really expensive.

on 5/29/2010 5:20:00 PM

i really love this primer, it lasts fantastic and makes makeup stay on great! it is expensive but it lasts ages as you only need a tiny bit.

on 5/29/2010 1:25:00 AM

I purchased the oil free version because I didnt want something that would make my slightly oily skin worse. This was nice, but just like a glorified moisturiser for a huge price. It did nothing in terms of making my foundation stay on longer, so if you want a product that does, save your money on this one. Disappointing!

on 5/25/2010 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

okay, this primes is just really wasting my money, i dont know why it has a great review out there, i actually went to LM counter to purchase the concealer, and the makeupartist told me to purchase this primer aswell, because he said it could control my oil for the whole day, and I just influenced to it and decided to give it a try.
and, this primes just does nothing for me, i still have an oily Tzone after 3 hours, there's no any differences between having a primer or not. what a waste of AUD60!! -_-

on 5/24/2010 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is terrible. Gave me so many whiteheads and doesn't even help make up to stay longer. I have about 5 different sunscreens, and everytime I apply this primer over sunscreen, it clumps up and just kinds flakes off. I'll stick to E.l.f. Mineral primer or loreal studio secrets primer.

on 5/22/2010 6:54:00 PM

i've been using this for about two months and i have to say i really dislike this primer. at first, i thought i'd give it a chance as with most things. however, it turned out to be so thick, almost as though you're spreading hand lotion onto your face. i feel like it just sits on your face and you have to wait for it to dry a bit or you get all this residue. how attractive. also, it doesn't even help keep my makeup in place--what a primer should do. after maybe four hours, my makeup clumps up and becomes a disaster! i would not recommend this.

I love Laura Mercier silky foundation and all the other products except for this one. I have Rosacea and have excellent results with all the other LM products, but this primer made me red, break out, and makeup came off sooner than without it. Other than that, the Laura Mercier silky foundation was a godsend for me. It covers the redness and doesn't irritate my skin, so now the Rosacea is almost gone, between using that and some metro gel and Purpose cleansing lotion for washing, best combo I ever found.

Popular Primer/ Correctors