November 21, 2014 | 1749 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Melinalove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very creamy and easy to apply. It was kind of too heavy for me and to creamy, and took along time to set in my face. It didn't do much for my makeup, expect make it easier to apply. My makeup didn't last long, and i still got extremely oily. Didn't cause my to break out, and I'm acne-prone. Overrall it is good, but I think I can find wayyyyy better primers for the same price. Wouldn't buy this again, but worth the try !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. It had been awhile since I used this, but for the past couple of weeks I've been using it everyday and my skin looks and feels really amazing. It's supposedly for oily skin but IMO it works sooooo much better for normal-to-dry (or dehydrated) skin. It's quite siliconey, and creates a beautifully smooth canvas for foundation and blush. I suspect there are some ingredients in here that work very well for dryish skin because my skin is absolutely glowing.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C22-20 Alcohols, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hamaelis Viginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Polyamino Sugar Condesate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Chlorphensin, Benzoic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Saccharomyces/Xylium Black Tea Ferment, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Green 5 (CI 61570), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by to0pink

This primer is okay. I don't feel like it does anything to my face and it is really expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lstars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really love this primer, it lasts fantastic and makes makeup stay on great! it is expensive but it lasts ages as you only need a tiny bit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

I purchased the oil free version because I didnt want something that would make my slightly oily skin worse. This was nice, but just like a glorified moisturiser for a huge price. It did nothing in terms of making my foundation stay on longer, so if you want a product that does, save your money on this one. Disappointing!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by springtea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

okay, this primes is just really wasting my money, i dont know why it has a great review out there, i actually went to LM counter to purchase the concealer, and the makeupartist told me to purchase this primer aswell, because he said it could control my oil for the whole day, and I just influenced to it and decided to give it a try.
and, this primes just does nothing for me, i still have an oily Tzone after 3 hours, there's no any differences between having a primer or not. what a waste of AUD60!! -_-

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is terrible. Gave me so many whiteheads and doesn't even help make up to stay longer. I have about 5 different sunscreens, and everytime I apply this primer over sunscreen, it clumps up and just kinds flakes off. I'll stick to E.l.f. Mineral primer or loreal studio secrets primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ogtofu

i've been using this for about two months and i have to say i really dislike this primer. at first, i thought i'd give it a chance as with most things. however, it turned out to be so thick, almost as though you're spreading hand lotion onto your face. i feel like it just sits on your face and you have to wait for it to dry a bit or you get all this residue. how attractive. also, it doesn't even help keep my makeup in place--what a primer should do. after maybe four hours, my makeup clumps up and becomes a disaster! i would not recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by riverwalk888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Laura Mercier silky foundation and all the other products except for this one. I have Rosacea and have excellent results with all the other LM products, but this primer made me red, break out, and makeup came off sooner than without it. Other than that, the Laura Mercier silky foundation was a godsend for me. It covers the redness and doesn't irritate my skin, so now the Rosacea is almost gone, between using that and some metro gel and Purpose cleansing lotion for washing, best combo I ever found.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Broke my skin out and its is pretty expensive the amount you pay.