October 2, 2014 | 1158 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

I purchased the oil free version because I didnt want something that would make my slightly oily skin worse. This was nice, but just like a glorified moisturiser for a huge price. It did nothing in terms of making my foundation stay on longer, so if you want a product that does, save your money on this one. Disappointing!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by springtea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

okay, this primes is just really wasting my money, i dont know why it has a great review out there, i actually went to LM counter to purchase the concealer, and the makeupartist told me to purchase this primer aswell, because he said it could control my oil for the whole day, and I just influenced to it and decided to give it a try.
and, this primes just does nothing for me, i still have an oily Tzone after 3 hours, there's no any differences between having a primer or not. what a waste of AUD60!! -_-

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is terrible. Gave me so many whiteheads and doesn't even help make up to stay longer. I have about 5 different sunscreens, and everytime I apply this primer over sunscreen, it clumps up and just kinds flakes off. I'll stick to E.l.f. Mineral primer or loreal studio secrets primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ogtofu

i've been using this for about two months and i have to say i really dislike this primer. at first, i thought i'd give it a chance as with most things. however, it turned out to be so thick, almost as though you're spreading hand lotion onto your face. i feel like it just sits on your face and you have to wait for it to dry a bit or you get all this residue. how attractive. also, it doesn't even help keep my makeup in place--what a primer should do. after maybe four hours, my makeup clumps up and becomes a disaster! i would not recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by riverwalk888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Laura Mercier silky foundation and all the other products except for this one. I have Rosacea and have excellent results with all the other LM products, but this primer made me red, break out, and makeup came off sooner than without it. Other than that, the Laura Mercier silky foundation was a godsend for me. It covers the redness and doesn't irritate my skin, so now the Rosacea is almost gone, between using that and some metro gel and Purpose cleansing lotion for washing, best combo I ever found.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Broke my skin out and its is pretty expensive the amount you pay.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really hydrating when I need moisture so my foundation wont look cakey and dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by stephheartsmakeup

this product is not worth the money. i have acne prone skin because of stress and periods and cause im a teenager. i have combination skin 2 with extremely oily nose. it didnt nothing it made my face evenmore oily and didnt stay on longer at all in fact my foundation would have stayed on better without it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Makeupjunkie456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A nice product, can be expensive but i have found a little goes a long way. you do need to blend it well and quickly. I have dermitas and also very oily t zone. I find this works well for me. it doesnt last all day as due to my skin condition i do find i have to top up my make though this does make it less frequent. I used this on my wedding day and felt confident about my skin all day. It does smell a bit weird but you dont notice it once it is on. overall a good product but I have tried many others to compare it to yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by helbeluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is great for those days when my skin is a bit flaky in areas, and I know my foundation (which is light coverage) would sit on top and look odd. However, reading the reviews below it just occurred to me that it might be making me break out a little - hadn't associated this before....and it might just be my skin behaving badly or another product, so not sure.
I won't buy it again - it's not showstoppingly good, although it does seem to be recommended in loads of magazines.

Just updating this to confirm that this does, indeed, make me break-out. So it has gone in the bin :(
I'm now sticking to my Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Serum as a brilliant base-coat for flaky days.....