April 18, 2014 | 1526 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really hydrating when I need moisture so my foundation wont look cakey and dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by stephheartsmakeup

this product is not worth the money. i have acne prone skin because of stress and periods and cause im a teenager. i have combination skin 2 with extremely oily nose. it didnt nothing it made my face evenmore oily and didnt stay on longer at all in fact my foundation would have stayed on better without it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Makeupjunkie456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A nice product, can be expensive but i have found a little goes a long way. you do need to blend it well and quickly. I have dermitas and also very oily t zone. I find this works well for me. it doesnt last all day as due to my skin condition i do find i have to top up my make though this does make it less frequent. I used this on my wedding day and felt confident about my skin all day. It does smell a bit weird but you dont notice it once it is on. overall a good product but I have tried many others to compare it to yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by helbeluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is great for those days when my skin is a bit flaky in areas, and I know my foundation (which is light coverage) would sit on top and look odd. However, reading the reviews below it just occurred to me that it might be making me break out a little - hadn't associated this before....and it might just be my skin behaving badly or another product, so not sure.
I won't buy it again - it's not showstoppingly good, although it does seem to be recommended in loads of magazines.

Just updating this to confirm that this does, indeed, make me break-out. So it has gone in the bin :(
I'm now sticking to my Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Serum as a brilliant base-coat for flaky days.....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by allude8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an 'okay' primer. The smell put me off for a little bit but I got used to it. It gives your face a very faint glow, adds a little dimension to your face. This is good because my foundation is very matte (because I have oily skin). I use minimal amount. During the early periods of using this, I felt like I broke up a little because of it. But I tried blending it very evenly throughout my face, using as little product as I can. I've realized that I don't break out as much. Perhaps the trick is to really blend it evenly? I think the price is okay because it's huge tube. A little goes a long way! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This primer does a nice job of not letting my foundation settle into my smile lines. I had that problem with all the other primers I've tried before (Hourglass, Lancome, Lorac, Bare Minerals....). The problem is within half an hour my face is so shiny and oily! It also feels slick and wet. It's disgusting and embarrassing. I have oily skin but nothing like this! I also think it's making my face breakout some because I'm breaking out in places I never break out. I'm returning this stuff! Off to try yet another primer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by PanPan70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have pretty oily skin and I use this in lieu of moisturizer at night when I don't need something with SPF. It doesn't make me too oily and it gives my nice and smooth and feels pretty good on. It plays nicely with anything else I might be wearing. Like!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by vs75

I've tried a few different primers and have never been happy. UNTIL I found Laura Mercier. This is divine. It smooths onto the skin very nicely and provides the perfect base. It is oil free and has not caused me to break out. I keep it in the fridge and it gives my skin a nice 'wake up' when I put it on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE 2: I am not going to repurchase this. As one of the reviews here states, i was counting on this primer to (1) help my foundation stay on longer, and (2), MAKE IT GLIDE on my skin. Forgot to add that but it's been my concern for years, finding that one primer to smooth my skin and help alleviate my little problems, pores and little potential bumps, or just give me that Jennifer Lopez glow. This stuff, while it does help with the foundation (though not with one on the drier side, unfortunately)...doesn't help anything glide. Nivea moisturizer does, this one doesn't- Bummer. i paid so much...aaanyways.
so i will not repurchase. i do believe now that this primer is another cleverly marketed oil-free moisturizer and nothing more. so i guess the quest for the HG continues...

UPDATE:

Used this primer with my Estee Lauder Double Wear, not very happy about the results. I moisturized with Nivea, as usual (though going shopping tomorrow, new moisturizer here i come!), and this primer combined with EEDW, which is said to be 'heavy' but is not, sucked all the moist from my skin. didn't feel good :(
basically ELDW has a wonderful staying power but that comes from the ingredients that make the foundation adhere to the skin, and they happen to be a little, VERY little drying during daytime. with this under, i didn't like my skin at all.
the foundation didn't budge but this primer made my face uber dry. maybe it's for the super oily skinned people...or other foundations.

This stuff is expensive like hell. I like the packaging, the consistency, you don't have to squeeze the tube to get the product out of it because of the consistency and the design of the tube. Very hygienic i'd say, given the small opening of the tube.

It smells a bit plasticky, but the scent fades immediately and doesn't bother me at all. It is white but doesn't appear white on the skin, gets absorbed instantly and doesn't interfere with the foundation application or the pre-applied moisturizer.

Being an oil-free primer, it claims to help the foundation stay in place for a longer time in case of oily skin that has the eternal 'running down the couture-face' problem. Laura Mercier's website also states that the product helps apply the foundation easier, mistake-proof, and moisturizes the skin, supplying it with antioxidants and other active ingredients.

So far, this primer complied with its major claim- the foundation lifespan and lack of oiliness. My skin starts getting oily about 2-3 hours after i apply the foundation if i don't use a primer (or with the Lumene primer, which is kinda crappy). No shiny forehead, no shiny nose, no enlarged pores or anything.

The problem is that on my skin, it tended to 'absorb' or make my foundation fade away a little. If at 12 noon i had full coverage on my face, at 18 p.m my makeup looked fresh and non-oily but a little fading, and i could see my skin through the foundation. It did a great job with the expression lines around the mouth and the enlarged pores, preventing the foundation from caking up, which is great. Still, though it lived up to its non-oiliness expectations and foundation lasting, it disappointed me a little when it came to the even foundation aspect.

My most important observation about this product is that I am almost sure it was created to work with a higher-end foundation, maybe with a Laura Mercier one. I have used a combo of a cheap H&M foundation with a little Max Factor, therefore not the best mix in the world. Maybe the makeup would have remained flawless if i had some Dior or Estee Lauder on. I think it highly depends on the foundation one uses. Even if this product does what it says it does, i won't be expecting miracles from cheapo drugstore foundations working with the primer.

Also, i generally fix my makeup with powder, having started to gradually decrease the quantity i use- i've been basically just touching my forehead, chin and nose with the powder-blotted sponge to prevent the oiliness that usually comes after several hours from mixing with the powder and making a total gross gunk on my face. With the LM primer this didn't happen, but i have the feeling that if you use more powder or a foundation for oily skin and a light moisturizer, it might cause a faint sensation of tight skin, especially around the eyes.

My bronzer and blusher have long been gone, i think i should be reapplying them once or twice if out for more than 4 hours or if going out dancing or on a date, for example. But the foundation stayed in place, which is what the primer is supposed to do.

So yeah. Good product, but not amazing. Didn't cause irritation, redness, pimples or anything in the family.
I am a little disappointed to be honest because i usually expect high-end products to make my skin glow like Jennifer Lopez's and when this doesn't happen i get a little paranoid :))) but it is still a good product, a real help for oiliness, that i believe would work VERY good with a high-end foundation. I am going to try it this way, and get back with further updates.

Happy Shopping!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by jahmecrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have not yet written a review, but this product has me riled up enough to write my first. I usually use Mac Prep and Prime primer but I ran out and used this product. This product came in a kit I bought at Sephora for the moisturizing foundation in the color Sand. When I used the kit, I liked that the color matched somewhat, but unfortunatly it turned into what it is called- Sand- on my Face. I have oily skin and it immediately starts to melt on my face. Right now im using it under MUFE HD foundation, and my foundation usually looks great and people compliment me all the time when I use the MAC Prime and Prep. Well what do you know.......no one is complimenting me , and they are probably thinking in their head "wow she should wash her face". My makeup comes off very easily with just a slight wipe of the hand when I have this on. I will not be repurchasing. This might be good with someone who does not have oily skin, that does not wear foundation, and who does not want their makeup to last all day.