October 21, 2014 | 1298 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - Mange Too massage bar

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This smells delish to me--and on me, according to my boy--but I can easily see myself getting tired of it. The fragrance is a strange hybrid of vanilla, honey, a touch of fruit, and I swear there's a hint of mint in there somewhere. I can see how it can come off as a bit like rotting food (on the wrong body chemistry or if the massage bar has 'gone off' at all--check your expiration dates!) But it just smells warmly, deliciously foody on me, without being EXACTLY like food (no offense intended, but really now, who wants to walk around smelling like brownies or peach cobbler all day?) The fragrance really lasts, but gets subtler as the day goes on. It's quite moisturizing too and leaves my skin feeling smooth and silky.

One drawback is that it's awkward to apply because it's in the shape of a honeycomb. The bar is sorta big for my little hands and the odd shape makes it hard to grip this thing, especially when it starts melting and getting greasy. Also, the moisturizing ability comes at the price of greasiness--it is quite oily and takes a long time to absorb (I'd say 3-4 hours minimum). So I have to either endure feeling like a greasepot for several hours after applying it, or apply a very minimal amount. In the latter case, it's not nearly moisturizing enough for really dry, cold weather. But I guess I can deal with those things since the scent is so lovely. And the bar also seems like it'll last me a really long time, making it a better value than it seems at first. I got mine for free at the year-end 3-for-1 sale, so I really have no cause to complain. I just hope I can use it up before it goes bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by peachachess

One of my favorites of the Lush massage bars (next to soft coeur.) I love the white chocolate/honey/mint combo, it makes me want to eat it! It moisturizes pretty well, and the greasiness doesn't last long (unlike the Nutts massage bar-yikes.) It lasts forever, too, but I will repurchase eventually when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 11:40:00 PM More reviews by unboy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

To be honest, I've been using this extremely sparingly because it smells SO good i'm almost afraid to use it up. I have it on my bedside table and it's been making my whole bedroom smell amazing. Great moisturizing properties, although I wish the smell lingered on me a bit longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

IMHO this smells like play-doh! That's not a bad thing though. I gave it 3 lippies because of all the massage bars, this has the least going for it. No great scent, no super relaxing properties, and a bit of stickyness. I'd probably buy it again though, just because it's the only one that doesn't taste horrific when you get it in your mouth

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG. I picked this one out to use as a Massage bar and loved it for that, but it's now my favorite after bath moisturizer. It's a delicious, calm honey scent with a little chocolate undertone to it. It smells yummy. I love to use this before bed. It's not expensive since it doesn't take much to do the job. I think I paid 8.00 or so for the bar and it's nice and big. Wish that Lush made other items with this scent. I will repurchase, but never buy backups. Thank goodness we just got a Lush store here because Lush products don't have preservatives so the shelf life is shorter than regular bath product.. Yum.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 4:48:00 AM More reviews by aligator

just got this massage bar yesterday!! it smells so yummy i want to eat it!! this bar is actually lickable and edible but it doesn't taste too good.. i just used it on my body after i got out of the shower and my skin feels so moisturized and soft!! i picked this one because i loved the smell of it and it was a lot bigger than the soft coeur bar which smelled very similar.. it smells like honey!! it also contains white chocolate, bananas and peppermint but i can't smell the peppermint or the bananas! made with all natural ingredients including cocoa, mango and shea butters!! talk about a moisturizing treat!! i want to try more of these things! i keep it in my fridge in a plastic bag so it doesn't melt.. it is a great way to store it and works just the same! one of the more unique products from lush!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Cabintree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yeah. Umm, there was something about the smell of this. I couldn't quite place it and then...it hit me. It smells just like that gross Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive lotion which I thought I liked at first and then couldn't stand. I did the same thing with this one. Sometimes you just can't tell with a fragrance. They're like relationships! It's missing a high note. It needs a sharp crispy sweet smell. My other favorite massage bar is Soft Coeur, but I find that one to be too abrupt in it's loveliness. And then it hit me. If you could combine these two you would have one huge perfect massage bar. (which I would also use as a body butter)So I did it! I microwaved one Mange Too and one Soft Coeur for 2 minutes, stirred them up really well and then poured my liquid bar mixture into two lined cupcake cups and popped them in fridge for about twenty minutes and presto! The best smell ever.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My love affair with "Mange Too" began with a small sample I received when purchasing a gift box for my mother. I was taken - the scent, the texture, the moisturizing properties, everything about this product was love to me. Time went by and I managed to forget about my Mange Too. The days became colder and I had begun using a heavy-duty body butter from The Body Shop, but as the days became warmer again, I needed to find a lighter moisturizer. My love for "Mange Too" was rekindled by a lip balm with the same scent, "Honey Trap". Not long after, I returned from LUSH with a full bar of "Mange Too". I use this bar for everything - as a moisturizer for my very dry skin, as a hand cream before bed, as a scent, as a pick-me up - "Mange Too"'s mix of Honey, White Chocolate and Peppermint is addictive and lovely. "Mange Too" is a great, all-around product for dry skin which needs extra moisture in the warmer months, cuticles which need a pick-me-up dew drenching and for everyone who appreciates natural, yet complex and interesting scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by vyjanet

this is a really nice product. has a very Lushie type smell - very warm and comforting, like honey and white chocolate with a touch of peppermint. It is an average moisturiser, but would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by oreo_cookie

This was such a cute product with a great smell. It feels great to be massaged by someone who has this on their hands and it is such a treat! I <3 lush massage bars!!