July 29, 2014 | 2026 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this but I had to return it. I know MAC discontinued the Studio Fix Select line. I wanted a foundation with a little more coverage so I bought this. She put it on and it looked a little cake-y. I thought maybe she put on too much. So I went home and checked the ingredients...no bueno. It has algae extract in it. For anyone who is prone to zits or clogged pores, algae extract is a big no-no.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation sucks so bad ... It's goes on and feels like a mask it looks super caky it clings to dry patches it melts off my skin and makes me look oily even tho I acc have dry skin :/ I really can't see anything positive about the foundation .. I guess the colour selection is pretty good but it ends there ... It also stinks ! Like it
Smells like paint ! It's so gross !! I hate fragrances in foundation full stop but if it's an ok scent I'll put up with it .. This however is disgusting and you know by the smell that it just can not be good for your skin what so ever ! I also suspect it's breaking me out and clogging my pores ... There are so many other full coverage foundations that are better than this in today's industry I don't know why people still wear this ?! ... I feel like it might have impressed me when I was like 15 and was going through the whole revlon colour stay thing :/ lol but now I'm older I just realise this is gross and disgusting and I thinks it's so weird that so many people consider this holy grail !

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Missbo

First of all, most MAC sales assoc. are clueless and always sell u the wrong product/shade cuz theyre always rushing you.. They matched me to an NC20 which i found was too yellow.. And the NW is not any better on my skin either.. This foundation made me break out as well.. I wore it for 2 weeks and every day it would make me get cystic acne that would itch soooo bad!!! It sucks, I am returning it and maybe ill try the matchmaster or studio sculpt next....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Sophhsssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst foundation I have ever bought. It just slid off my face and made me look cakey. I broke out terribly! Wore it for two weeks and then my skin got so bad I had to take it back. Worst £20 ever spent.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing amazing, in my opinion. My makeup artist cousin used this for my engagement party celebration. She used NW20, which was a decent match for me.

Personally I think it was too heavy for my liking. I do not have to cover up acne scars, am not prone to break-outs & I don't have hyper pigmentation.

I am reddish on my cheeks & it covered up that well. But so did other more lightweight foundations.

Within a couple hours I was shiny and my foundation looked cakey.

A foundation has to be amazing for me, or I just never use it/buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by no means a bad product. At least, Mac knows what real skin looks like, and there is no way you won't find a shade to match your skin! However, beware: NC35 of ProLongwer does not look the same with NC35 of Studio Fix as I found out. To me, the ProLongwer looks way more flattering/yallow based.
Staying power is OK but not what I expected. I actually have to use powder after 3-4 hours, while, quite frankly, I hardly use any when I use the ELDW... The other annoying thing is that it tends to sit on pores like hell and make them look larger (and mine are huge anyway, they don't exactly need a foundation to make them more visible!) To be honest, this really put me off this foundation for good. I prefer the ProLongwer (which also seems to last more than Studio Fix) though the Studio Fix has better coverage than the Prolongwer. It's a shame really! I really-really wanted to love this foundation. Oh, and what's this thing with the pump being sold separately? Honestly! At 2014 there are still foundations in bottles sold without a pump! (and I am looking at you too ELDW!! It's not just good changing formulations and shades, do something about packaging as well!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've tried MAC Pro Longwear (settled into the bumps in my face) and Matchmaster (okay, pretty good, but transfers badly and color was a little off.) I was using Lancome Teint Miracle, but didn't think it was anything spectucular. I got a sample of Nars Sheer Glow (good color, but not enough coverage) I read a lot of positive reviews (on the MAC website) about Studio Fix. I hadn't tried this one, before, so I decided to get a sample. I've had trouble in the past finding my shade in MAC. I definitely have cool undertones. But the NW shades tend to be too orange and the NC tend to be too yellow.

Finding the right shade in Studio Fix Fluid required some patience as well as trial and error. The supernice SA matched me to NW20. I got a sample of that. I tried it. I love the coverage and finish of the foundation, but the color was a little off. When I first applied it, it was great. But after it dried and oxidized slightly, it was a bit too orange. It wasn't to the point where I was embarrrassed to wear it in public, but it was definitely not right. So yesterday, I went back to Macy's and talked to a different SA. I told her that I loved the foundation, but the color wasn't quite right. I told her that I'd tried NW20, but it wasn't quite right. She recommended that I try C3.5 She said that it was more neutral and wasn't as pink as the NW shades and not as yellow as the NC. I was getting an eye exam, so I didn't have any makeup on. It was a perfect match. It blended in seamlessly to my neck. No more dreaded foundation line. I did get a sample just to be sure. It's always hard to get a good idea of the color in the store lights. I tried this morning, and love it. I took a while, but I think I FINALLY found my correct shade in MAC. I went back this morning and purchased a full-sized bottle.

In my opinion, the only complaint I have about this foundation is the fact that you have to purchase the pump separately for $9. It's not that big of a deal, but seriously, it should come with it's own pump. All the other MAC foundations come with a pump, so why can't this one? But that's minor. I did purchase a pump at the same time. I will definitely repurchase this foundation and will reuse the pump. This foundation is long-lasting even on my incredibly oily nose and cheeks. It doesn't sweat off and it doesn't transfer as far as I can tell. Definitely my favorite MAC foundation.

EDIT: 3/25/14
Even though I still love the coverage and staying power of this foundation, I ended up returning it. There is something in here that my skin just doesn't like. It clogs my pores like crazy. I looked at my face yesterday after removing my makeup, and noticed that I have about 5 (very small, but still) new whiteheads on my right cheek. I have had several more whiteheads on my forehead, and I think they started when I was using MAC Matchmaster foundation. I've never had whiteheads before, and this foundation is the only change I've made in my makeup routine lately. I've decided to go back to using Lancome Teint Miracle. This actually really irks me because I really loved the Studio Fix Fluid. But obviously, I'm not going to use something that is going to totally wreck my skin. My skin is not at all acne prone. I very rarely get zits. But if you are acne prone or subject to clogged pores, I would avoid MAC foundations at all costs.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by a2bruta

All MAC foundations break me out terribly. If you are suffering from acne, stop using it for a while and see if it improves. If you don't break out then you might like it. Good coverage and colour selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I already own studio sculpt which is wonderful and dewy perfect for winter, so I had to try out studio fix as a potential for spring/summer

.I received a generous sample of this and tried it in several situations from going outside, shopping, at work/class, and last night I went out. This can withstand anything while still being perfect. I never had to touch up from oil. Covers everything. The only situation I have not tried out are photos. I don't know if it will have that glowing white cast in photos. It's on my list to find out.

I'm half Asian half Caucasian and I always have a problem finding my shade but MAC is spot on(NC40)

This is completely matte and full coverage. I'm not a matte person but this is an exception for I like the shade and coverage.I spritz my face with rosewater to get rid of the super matte look,although, its till pretty matte. Its not the best for dry skin. It brought out my dry spots and dried me out even further. I had to dab some lotion over my face. Be sure to moisturize thoroughly.

A little goes a long way and I was also told this mixed with moisturizer can tone down the coverage. This is why I prefer full coverage, less product. It does not come with a pump....seriously MAC? not very fair.

Anyways, I'm not a sensitive skin lady/acne prone but until yet, I have not had any bad reactions other than it drying out my skin.

So it's not cheap, but it's not the most expensive foundation like compared to my shiseido one. I almost love this foundation, its a very good foundation overall.

UPDATE:13.APRIL.2014: I have noticed after a week of wearing this straight, it dries out my skin like no other! i can only wear this maximum twice a week. It also becomes more difficult to apply, and Im not longer attracted to the consistency of this on my normal-dry skin. Its like putting on paint. But I really like the shade and coverage! i will go back to studio sculpt or moisture mineralize.......ladies, if you have combination-oily skin, you will LOVE Studio fix fluid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Vanderkoush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a bulletproof oundation soft o gal. I want primer FULL coverage foundation, setting powder and setting spray. This is my go to foundation for a freshflawless look, when I am going to have my picture taken , and when I am engaging in my nighttime social life (I'll leave it to your imagintion as to what I meant by that). This stays on the whole day. Love the way it looks, and makes me feel beautiful.BTW I do not break out- at least not more than normal.