MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 1/16/2015 2:11:00 PM

During high school I was solely into drugstore brand foundation since I was on a budget. Now that I can afford high end brands I decided to purchase this hyped foundation which would look amazing on my cousin. Went for it and regret it. I have very oily skin during the summer and in winter I am combo. This foundation made me break out heavily. Sadly I could not return it. It's been in my stash for a 3 months now and decided to try it out again. This time it irritated my skin. Hate this foundation lol

on 1/14/2015 12:57:00 AM

Love the beautiful color but soooo drying. I understand it is a matte foundation but sucks all the moisture out of my skin. Cakey heavy and drying. I will be returning this...unfortunate because I did have such high hopes because of the perfect color match. Halfway through the day, my skin feels tight and itchy. Really, really disappointed. Pretty confused on how people rate this product five stars.

on 1/13/2015 2:54:00 PM

It tends not to like dry skin, I've used it on oily, normal skin and it performed great.When I use it on myself I need to layer it over a heavy wax based moisturizer so it will not accentuate my flaky dry bits.It has a satin, more on the matte side finish. MAC foundations come without a pump, you need to buy them separately which for a brand like MAC seems cheep,so 3 stars for that, otherwise the packaging looks sleek.All MAC products are pricey, again 3 stars for that.The coverage is medium to heavy, does not cake if applied correctly.It has a great staying power.The odor is a bit nasty though.And the color selection is great, anyone can find a match.If I had to use it only on me I would not repurchase.

on 1/12/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is one of my favs! I am african american and mexican and find it difficult to find foundation for my complexion. I tend to buy two colors of various brands and mix the two to achieve my color. The day I found my color (NC42) I absolutely begin to fall in love with the product. This product is thick so a little goes a long way, and the finish is matte, I can apply this foundation on early in the morning and wear it all day with only having to blot my face maybe once around my nasal area. My "T" zone is still matte and dry and my make up is not running down nor off my face. I recommend using some type of primer prior to applying this foundation and if you like full coverage foundation this is great to use also. Good luck beauty seekers and hope my review was helpful ! ! !

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have oil skin and I use the shade nc30.

This foundation is awesome. I asked for
Sample at my local MAC store before purchasing the full size. This foundation has a matte finish but for me at least, there's a nice sheen/glow to it. I love that it leaves my face matte without looking cakey.

I have used revlon Colorstay before because it was a dupe for this foundation but Mac wins hands down when it comes to the shade range.

I only use the tiniest amount because I do have clear skin and my main focus with foundation is to just even out my skintone. I use the sigma f80 kabuki brush to apply and a damp beauty blender after to make sure my foundation is even and blended well.

Definitely would repurchase the full size when I'm done with sample.

on 1/12/2015 10:27:00 AM

I have REALLY pale skin and this foundation was the first one to match my skin. Really happy about that. Also it has pretty good coverage. It has kinda chemical smell but once it's applied the smell goes away. A down side is that this foundation is expensive and doesn't have a pump :( but overall, I would buy it again.

on 1/11/2015 9:41:00 PM

IN LOVE. This is my favorite foundation of all time, didn't break me out nor does it feel very heavy. I love the way it feels on my skin and unlike most, i think i might be in the minority here, I don't really mind the way it smells. SUPER buildable and truly full coverage, depending on how heavy you want your look to be. The bottle without the pump is a little irritating, but still worth it. One problem i did have with it is that my shade is the lightest they have, and the shade up, NC 20 was way too yellow on me. The NC 15 is a little light on me..... still love it :) About the price......Im a strong believer in higher end face products, and I've noticed that they are more gentle on my skin, so invest. Totally worth your money :)

on 1/8/2015 4:40:00 PM

Sure, this foundation may be costly, but holy cow are the results amazing! And if you think about it, why continue to waste money on countless drugstore foundations that you are just not ever satisfied with? If you want to reap the benefits of this foundation you MUST prep your skin. Exfoliate and moisturize to prevent the cakey look many people get as a result of poor preparation. If you are someone with dry skin this may not be for you, but if you exfoliate and moisturize, and take care of your skin you should give it a try. I'm glad I did. One more thing, it does have a paint sort of smell and I am usually sensitive to scents similar to this but it was not an issue after applying. A little product goes a long way!!! Good luck beauties 😘

I've used Chanel matte lumiere, dior skin , urban decay nakedskin, Estée Lauder doublewear, lancome, shiseido, armani luminous silk, mufe hd and matte velvet, Temptu airbrush, and pretty much all of macs, liquid/powder foundations. I do my makeup around 7am every morning and I expect it to stay on til about 9-10 at night...I expect a lot, I know!
The only ones I've repurchased are mufe hd and mac pro longwear and fix fluid. I pretty much always apply my foundation with a beauty blender. I recently went back to fix fluid after years of fluctuating between pro longwear and hd. I used a beauty blender to apply instead of a brush and I am sooo happy with the results! I think it will be my hg again!

on 1/5/2015 2:18:00 PM

i bought this product hoping it would be a better alternative to drugstore foundations, however its thick cakey and smells of paint which is not pleasant! i know mac is like stage makeup but this foundation is unreally thick and i have non left on my face within 2 hours! I will now continue my search for a foundation that unlike this one does not appear orange and stays on your face all day!

this foundation also made me break out!!!