August 30, 2014 | 1077 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by jyosha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love MAC and now think they are losing their way a little- I have to admit, I felt 'pressurized' into buying this foundation which I absolutely detest now, within 5 days! In any case- here is what I found with the product:
1: it is so matte- if you are over 30, don't buy it- it will make you look 60!
2: it is very heavy. So this is not for the working woman- you will feel like something has been painted on. Plus, because it is heavy, it can't be healthy for aging skin at all- I can actually feel my face painted on (and I don't use too much make up because I work in a conservative office in the city)
3: it feels cloggy: since it it so heavy, my skin feels a bit 'chocked' (do you know what I mean? I think girls with oily/ combination skin do!)
4: it looks like 'makeup': so girls at work have actually asked me 'why I'm dressing up and trying so hard' (so embarrassing! :( )
Funny thing is, since I am combination skin, I was told this was give a matte look- but whilst it might be matte- it is heavy, bad for oily areas and is aging me.
Look I get it now- I think this is for parties, not everyday wear, and certainly not appropriate for work-day-running-around-life.
Help! If someone knows of a foundation that can make my skin look fresh and 'young' -please let me know. Thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bunniluv88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite liquid foundation.It is oil free and lasts all day.I apply this foundation with a foundation brush,and it gives me a flawless finish.My shade is NW20.

I highly recommend it,and would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by viridiann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation a lot. Great coverage, but I don't like the smell, and during the winter it can get a little dry on my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by amandagavin1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday foundation and I've just purchased my second bottle. I'm a NW10. I was originally matched as an NC15 but this is far too yellow/dark for me. Its very blendable and easy to apply - best applied with a brush I use Real Techniques expert face brush for this. It has a medium coverage but could be built up further, a little goes a long way. Its a semi-matte finish and once set with powder it stays matte for me but I have dry skin. It covers blemishes but doesn't look too cakey if you build it in thin layers.

Its one of the cheapest high end foundations and I find it much better than NARS foundations and they are around the £30 mark. So I would say it is good value for money.

The packaging is nice, of course my only gripe is the lack of pump but they are cheap to buy from MAC.

It hasn't broken me out luckily but it certainly isn't skincare make-up - it smells a bit like paint ha. Overall a great foundation and I will probably continue to purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product . i wear it everyday , its my holy grail foundation .it has A TON OF SHADES if you're a red,peach or pink undertone i recommend going for the NW shades and if you're a yellow or olive undertone NC shades will be best for you ( they are really yellow ) .. the only problem i have with this foundation is the price and the fact it doesn't come with a pump if im paying around 30 dollars for a foundation id expect it to come with a damn pump . its kinda messy without the pump . its a great coverage foundation medium - full it does have a scent but i like it and its not a strong scent . one thing i dont understand about this foundation is that the yellow undertones ( NC Section ) are stated as " cool undertones " when Yellow and golden undertones are considered as warm not cool .. But i guess lol i still love this foundation . i think they should lower the price Or add a pump ..
But i DEF will be repurchasing its my holy grail foundation duh .
I Am trying to cut back on using this foundation though , because of the price so im looking for a daily foundation thats less expensive so i can save my mac for more important occasions or going out and moments where i want to glam up . :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mayyab1

I use NW 20 and it works very well for my skin! I'm usually scared to try new products because ny skin is so sensitive but this is perfect. I've had it for about 2 months now and I use it daily so it's worth its price. I apply it with an ELF foundation brush I bought at Wal-Mart for 1$ it applies evenly throughout my skin and its light weight best part is I can wear as much as I need without it looking caked. I went out to dance with a couple of my friends and dispite my sweat my make up still looked great. It smells kind of funky at first but other than that it's amazing. Simply love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by nlakhani

I have always come back to this foundation after trying 'better' foundations.
Its a basic every day wear foundation with no fuss or frills.
It has worked for me skin and hasnt given me angry acne spots ect which some of the other brands have done.
Its fairly priced as well as it lasts quite a while.
Just a shame there is no pump for this product..it would make dispensing easier..

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

I like the finish of this foundation..but that's about where it stops. It caused me to break out, a lot. Along with every other Mac foundation I have ever tried. Mac uses cheap ingredients that are not good for problematic skin.
I switched to Nars sheer glow, which gives me a similar finish, if not better. My skin has been so much better since. I set with Mac MSF on special occasions. That also causes me to break out, but I haven't been able to find a comparable alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Helga92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I have tried many other, both drugstore and high end and I always come back to this one. I have oily skin that tends to get a bit shiny in after a few hours but that does not happen with this foundation. I am in the shade nc15 and it matches me perfectly. This stuff is just really great and keeps my face matt, I do however set it with MAC mineralize skinfinish natural and i believe that also helps my face stay good all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by icebabe86

I really like this foundation, Iv tried loads over the years but keep coming back to this one. My skin is around nc20, gets oily really easily but if I use products designed for oily skin it gets super dry and tight, plus Im blessed with bouts of cystic acne around my jaw line at times! I cant find any direct correlation between this and my breakouts, I think they are more hormonal than product related.
This matches my skin tone really well and its staying power is great, I never need to touch it up during the day/evening, only blot my nose if it starts getting a bit shiny which happens even when I go make up free. I apply a tiny bit of oil free moisturiser, this and then blotting powder and bronzer and it looks like I have near perfect skin. I think some people steer clear of mac and they think their products are for the obvious make up look (judging by the counter girls) but applied minimally the foundation can look natural.
I think its a total con that you have to buy the pump seperately so I just manage without!
Overall I will keep using this product as it works well for me and is reasonably priced for a high end product.