April 17, 2014 | 1521 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Mihajla

Dry/combination skin with pink undertones. I use NW25

I have used this one for years! I tried some others inbetween, but always ended up going back to this one. It´s funny how we think we need change, although we already have found a products that is perfect for your skin.

The only difficulty is finding the right color. Because they are covering so well, the wrong color gives you a dramatic difference from the color you should be using. I never went to a MAC store to get my color, so I had to try and fail on my own expense.

The studiofix fluid last during the day, but by the end of the day it needs a touch up. I find that using it in combination with studio fix powder does the trick, and I usually keep this in my bag to freshen up during the day.

I find that it sometimes can be a little bit shiny on my skin if I only use the studiofix fluid by itself, so I feel the need to set it with the studiofix powder after applying it. It has GREAT coverage, and covers my blemishes and my red cheeks. The fluid is thick, but does not feel thick on your skin.

I can´t speak for how it works on very oily or very dry skin, but at least for dry/combination skin it is perfect! It is definitely worth the money, and a small amount of product goes a long way - from experience this depends on if you have the right color for you. If you got the wrong shade you use a lot more product to cover everything evenly, but now that I got the right one I use a LOT less and it still looks amazing.

My bottle is running low, and I have already a new studiofix fluid on it´s way!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. No, it's not perfect. But I keep buying this over and over again because it is reliable. I've tried others and always come back to Studio Fix! I am NW15 and I have combination skin (hormonal acne for about a week every month, otherwise red and sensitive). When I'm breaking out I need to use coverup underneath this, otherwise I don't use coverup. This foundation is super buildable too...you can go for a natural look or heavy coverage, it's amazing. It feels great on your skin too! I hate the pretty yet useless packaging, I just wish it came with a pump! I recommend this to anyone with combination skin, but make sure to get samples before you buy. They often do not match your colour well, so get a few samples and wear it for a week, and ask your friends if they think it is the right colour for you!

PROS:
- long-lasting, dependable, medium coverage
- lightweight feel
- does not settle into creases
- does not cause breakouts
- smells fine
- relatively cheap considering how long it lasts
- doesn't dry onto skin too quickly, you have time to brush it in slow circles into your skin
- does not highlight dry patches
- often enough coverage (for that light/medium look) without coverup or powder

CONS:
- shitty bottle that doesn't come with a pump
- causes clogged pores, but this is easily avoidable if you use a BHA (such as Stridex) after washing your face

Bottom line: a really great foundation if it suits your colouring.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by irenerose

I've been using this for years and i simply love it! It has a very good coverage it really covers all the flaws on my skin. It tends to break skin out but for me the trick is really simple, wipe it out well, preferably using makeup remover or wet tissue before washing my face properly with daily cleanser. The only downside is the price. Its a wee bit expensive but i must say its worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Zemdawn

My HG foundation I'm never switching! It's my perfect color in nc30. It lasts all day (excluding working out) . Yellow undertone is perfect for my skin. It doesn't crease or make my skin super flakey. It does a good job on oil control for a fluid foundation. Although I wish I didn't have to buy a separate pump I don't really mind. The pump is reusable and not too expensive. The foundation is a tad bit expensive compared to drugstore but not a lot to high end such as Make up forever hd foundation and more expensive ones. I love this foundation and I really recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by shaunaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think the studio fix is a great foundation of MAC's. I have very pale skin and NC15 was a perfect match for me.
It goes on very easily and smoothly with a foundation brush and you can slowly build up coverage depending on the look that you want. I have very sensitive skin, but unlike some of the other reviewers, I didn't break out (thank god).
The two cons that I can find with this product is, firstly, the horrible chemical smell that comes off the foundation, and secondly, that you have to buy the pump separately; the foundation is expensive enough as it is, so I don't think you should have to fork out to buy a pump to get the stuff out of the container.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Conflicted... my feelings toward this foundation are like Jekyll and hide... I like the medium/buildable coverage. For having more oily skin It keeps it at bay for a few hours till I have to use my oil blotting tissues. So I wouldn't say it's a bad foundation necessarily..BUT! However, like I said...me myself personally, am conflicted with this foundation because I do like to wear this but only for a "night out on the town" or for the "I am actually putting an effort in getting dolled up today" kinda days. Now, If you were to ask me if I would consider wearing this everyday and for it to be my HG foundation? Most Definitely Not.. As a matter of Fact, Hell No would probably be a better answer..If you have sensitive or acne prone skin I really wouldn't. The coverage is good with a semi natural look but it does feel cakey ...I almost feel guilty putting on my skin...and you can just smell the devious "I'm gonna break you out" scent all over this product..EEK.. So with that being said I think I can officially say that I have a Love/hate and more than likely (judging by the smell alone) very unhealthy relationship with this foundation 0_0 but the results are nice when worn, it can make your skin look flawless, so it's a major hit or miss. On a side note for this product It would be just dandy if MAC decided to stop being cheap and started putting pumps on all of their foundations...its very inconvenient for the packaging Hence why one of the lippies were deducted. and for the price paid Rightfully so. Anyway the verdict is...if you think your skin can handle it, it's a pretty good foundation coverage wise for special occasions and partying all night and such. But I definitely wouldn't recommend it for everyday use because it will break you out if you wear it all day everyday. and Like I said earlier, if you are uber sensitive skinned or totally Acne prone, Head for the Hills buddy Don't even think about it..

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

definitely not natural looking... It looks, feels and even smells thick and heavy. It has great coverage of course but that comes with a fake look which I personally don't love. Also the shade they matched me with is way too yellow. I think this product would be great for a night out or when you dress up, but i would not wear it as an every day thing. Too fake

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by kavmadge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely brilliant foundation ..would definitely recommend to anyone to buy this product ..especially in the NC35 shade :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I have acne scars from previous break out and went to Nordstrom to buy a liquid foundation to cover them up because my MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation cannot hide them anymore. I LOVE the coverage. But what I hate about it, and all MAC products, is this is the reason why I broke out! I was in denial at first because I really love the coverage but the longer I use it, the more pimples I get! Oh my gosh! I have the most terrible break out ever! I ran back to Nordstrom and returned every MAC products I have including the MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, Oil Control Lotion, Fix Plus Spray! Then I was told by the former MAC lady that their products made her break out too that's why she applied to YSL! I swore to myself I will never use any product from MAC ever again! Now my break out has subsided. I regret ever buying MAC cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really good foundation. I have dry, sensitive skin, NW10, skin is clear of blemishes. The color is very true to my skin color. The MUA at MAC said this is typically more for normal or oily skin types but I use the Studio Moisture Fix under it and it has not made my skin feel dried out at all. I have not tried it without the Moisture Fix under it but imagine it could accentuate dry spots. I apply this with my beauty blender and it blends nicely. It also wears a really, really long time. It is medium coverage and I use 1 layer, but it is build-able without looking cakey. It even has some sunscreen, woot woot! If Studio Sculpt came in NW10 I would probably buy that instead of this because I like the more dewy finish but...alas....it does not.

The packaging sucks. It does not come with a pump, you have to buy that separate for $9. I think that is a HUGE rip off for MAC to do that. I gave it 1 lippie for packaging. I gave it 4 lippies total because I wish it was better suited for dry skin people.

PROS:
very true to color, does not change colors on your face over time
natural matte finish
blends very easily, looks awesome with a beauty blender
very wide range of shades
Has SPF 15 (though more SPF would be nice)
Not very expensive compared to other brands
Wears a really long time, mine still looks good after 12-13 hours

CONS:
Jar comes without a pump - makes me mad MAC makes you buy it separate
The pump is ridiculously priced and sold separately
Not the best option for girls with dry skin