October 22, 2014 | 1377 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by lavanilo

this is good stuff. really really good stuff. i remembered when i was in singapore, my face nose was oily but the skin on my nose are flaking. i don't know what to do so i've decided to try this creme as they say it helps with redness and flaking. and i'm happy. i used this for 3 days at night, and my skin on the nose starts recovering. i find this creme is enjoyable during my flaking moments.

please understand when i said flaking, it's not because my skin is dry. it's some skin condition when your skin is oily but flaking. so if you need to cure your dry skin, find a creme for dry skin. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 7:30:00 AM More reviews by scyoc

I've been having sensitive skin, acne and dryness problems for almost 2 years now. It sort of came out of the blue and I still haven't figured out why. After reading the reviews I decided to give this product a go since I really needed some healing. I had 2 very huge and stubbon cysts on my chin and all I did was put the cicalfate on it before bed..and the next morning they were so much smaller...did it the next night as well...and now they're in the dry healing-end stage. So great! I don't use any acne products anymore since they end up irritating and drying my skin. It is quite emollient so you wouldn't want to use during the day...nighttime is perfect. I've not received any acne from this. So far so good. The only downer is the packaging. When trying to aqueeze this out of the tube I got alot of the spring water gushing out. Perhaps mine was a little old or that is how it is...I felt as though it was a waste since there is no way to mix the creme with the water. I'll update if any changes.
EDIT: I still use this, but it is not moisturizing enough for winter, but still great to put onto acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2006 6:39:00 AM More reviews by maniaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really great multi purpose product. It helps with many kinds of irritations ( after shaving, depilation, peelings), it soothes and moisturizes the skin and also protect it. It has some antibacterial properties and it also helps with spots and breakouts – mine disappear faster, it also heals small wounds after removing them. It’s really helpful with many kinds of skin problems and it’s my personal “must-have” always used when something bad happens to my skin. First I bought 40 ml tube, now I use these 100 ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2006 7:54:00 PM More reviews by sullivan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have purchased this several times, and I can't imagine being without it. I first started using it for my irritated hands. I am a nurse, and I wash my hands a lot. This product is very soothing and it really decreased the irritation and dryness that I experienced on my hands during the winter months. I have a new use for this product now. Last Fall I developed a rash on one side of my neck. It was mild and waxed and waned. Over the last few weeks it has gotten worse, and it spread to the other side of my neck and to my upper chest. Everything that I have used on it has made it redder and increased the burning, including the cream that the doctor prescribed for it. In one application Cicalfate decreased the redness by 50% and completely relieved the burning. I am sold on this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by sparrkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product since December 2005. I purchased it to deal with a bad case of contact dermatitis on the back of my hands. As it turns out, it didnt really help my intended problem, but I have found it prevents razor burn after shaving my bikini line, I always get a really horrible rash after shaving. I have also used it for healing scars and the spots left behind after pimples. I also often get a rash/dry area next to my nose on my cheeks. This cream makes the irritation and rash go away overnight. Honestly, I couldnt live without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ptrip

wonderful product! During my pregnancy I was dealing with eczema on my face. Nothing was working on it. I tried steroids, triceram, trixera, avene for intolerant skin...everything on the market. Two days of the cicalfate and I can already see a marked change.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Mirabel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cream is amazing. I've been tortured by an itchy eczema-like rash for about six months that comes and goes around my eyes and nose. Nothing was working except steroid creams and I'm afraid to use them very frequently on my face. The morning I woke up with the worst reaction ever and what looked like some hyper-pigmentation starting I decided it was time to get serious. I've been using Neutrogena Extra Gentle cleanser, Avene Thermal water and the Cicalfate cream for just a week and my skin is healing. The tiny bumps are disappearing, the redness is fading. The dry patches that nothing would help are gone. This is my first hope for intact skin this winter. Edit: 2006/04/27. I cannot imagine a better skin cream for my skin. Seriously. My regime, combined with spring arriving and a change in diet has left me with the best skin I've had in years. I'm starting to be able to use other products again, but I will never be without this cream. As a moisturizer, it leaves a dewy glow that isn't oily, doesn't clog my pores. I just keep picking up more tubes like the obsessed fantatic that I am. Update/Note: re review above. I've never had a tube with the product separating. If it does that you probably have expired product and should return it. Update Dec 2013. Still using!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by angmo

This is truly a "near" miracle cream. My son has a eczema patch on his knee for about a year that has never healed. Steriod creams such as (Elomet, Fucicort, Triderm, Dermovate) have helped marginally but the skin never completely healed. My son would scratch and so inevitably the patch of skin on his knee is always raw. I was desperate because I didnt want my son to use steriod creams forever. I was very lucky to bump into a very knowledgeable SA who introduced me to this product. Within a week, I could see the skin was healing faster than using any steroids. When the skin almost intact, then I would put on the steriods to completely heal the skin. The healing process was quicker than just steriod cream alone. On the box it states, this cream is best applied on irritated "damage" skin. Prevent secondary infection and promotes skin regeneration. Contains zinc (anti-bacterial) and copper (soothing & repair). Of course I know this product could never replace any steriod creams but I suspect this might work just as well.