April 18, 2014 | 821 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by porcupines

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Rewriting this review completely, a month and a half later:

Big Fatty makes my lashes longer, which is nice, seeing as my own are short and thin, but it doesn't make them look much thicker, even after multiple coats. Staying power is questionable... I'll do my makeup in the mornings, and by the end of the day (i.e., 2 p.m., when I'm done with classes), I'll look in the mirror and see flecks of mascara all underneath my eyes. However, I do like the fact that Big Fatty doesn't smell nearly as bad as other mascaras, and that it doesn't make my lashes stiff. Overall, good lengthening mascara, but you'll want a separate one to thicken as well.

Tip: I've always been advised to apply mascara with a sort of wiggling motion, but have discovered that people with short and sparse lashes are better off just starting from the base of your lashes and applying in a smooth, upward stroke. My mascara doesn't clump nearly as much since I've started doing this. (I had a major DOH! moment when I found this out!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by abbieosheax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

On the whole, i like this mascara!! a friend gave it to me for my birthday one year along with some other UD makeup. when i frst opened the bag the packaging caught me instatly the funky designs and bright yellow & pink colours are lets say very eyecatching..... it makes my lashes thick long & very volumised!!! extremely lack aswell. the only thing i will say is that my tube ran abit down my eyes and within 3 hours some of the product had ran. Also, the lid of the tube gets very dirty when you put it back in. i like this mascara although i use my trusty Revlon Fabulash to seperate the lashes after use, overall a good mascara!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by cossard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm one of the few who absolutely loves this mascara. I used to use CG Lash Blast but I'm trying to switch to cruelty-free makeup products so when I saw this in Sephora, I figured I might as well try it! It is a bit expensive but you get a lot of product. I don't mind paying a little extra for my own personal peace of mind, though. :B

I should start by saying that my eyelashes are already pretty long, I really just look for color + volume in a mascara. This gives me way more volume than Lash Blast and it makes my eyelashes so soft! I used to worry a lot about mascara drying out my lashes but with this, I think it's actually improving them a little bit. It stays well during the day (I wear contacts and my eyes water a lot, so this is saying something!) but easily rinses off with my soap and water. Not to mention the packaging is really cute~

A lot of people seem to hate the brush? I like it! I feel like it helps add volume to my eyelashes. My eyes are fairly large, though, and I can see how it would be frustrating to someone with smaller eyes or sparser lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by animalover4life

theres a lot of great stuff to say about this mascara. well firstly, it has the cutest packaging ever. secondly it REALLY REALLY works, and thirdly it is quite expensive! but it lasts LONG! my gave me it for my bday as i used it once and LOVED it, it does not flake and has such a GORGEOUS look!!! i have long black lashes that are extremely straight so after i curl my lashes i apply this one and its sooo good! it does NOT clump and i LOVE the brush, thought it is quiet big, it gets 75% of my lashes :) can't believe its rated below 4!!! definatly try it out at Sephora!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by darkglitter91

So at first I didn't like this mascara and left it on my dresser untouched for about a month. Then, today I used it and it almost reminded me of Diorshow but darker with a blue tint? Oohh Lala

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2010 7:14:00 AM More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I mean it does its volumizing job and it does it very softly. It leaves a very feathery lash effect. BUT it creases so badly in so little time. In an hour, I am a racoon.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jenni1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is okay.....nothing to get too exited about. this is the first urban decay product i bought, but i only bought it cuz i thought the tube was pretty bad-ass. But the brush was way too big.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by bootsonbarelegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Some girls at school were raving about this, and it was one of the first expensive mascaras i bought, and I even bought a second tube. This just doesn't live up to its claims, so don't bother with this. And don't let the psychedelic tube brainwash you into getting it! Something like BadGal would be a much more worthwhile mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think I might be the only person who likes this mascara - but I really, really like this stuff. The wand is HUGE & adds so much volume to my lashes. Plus, the packaging is so, so cute! This mascara is a bit on the expensive side - especially when you can buy great mascaras at the drug store much cheaper. That being said, this is probably my favorite high end mascara - and I will repurchase it when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by lena88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

it is one of the better mascara's that i've tried with a really cute pattern on outside that reminds me of the 70's. its pretty good for volume and length, but i dont think its anything special.