MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl

4.2

I love MAC lipglass, period, but Oystergirl is my favorite.I have about 8 lipglass, a chrome, and 2 lustreglass, but this one is my favorite. Once you try MAC, you don't want to go back. Love the scent,taste,colors,look, I love it, my HG for sure! I just don't think many other glosses compare.If you haven't tried it, have no fear, I think you'll LOVE it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

LOVE this. i got it recently and was thinking of swapping it before i ever even tried it on at home because looking at it in the tube i just feel very "meh" towards it. i have been on a BIG Wildly Lush Plushglass kick (gorgeous!!!) and decided to use Oyster Girl for something new, and wow. i really, really LOVE it! on my lips it looks nothing like it's appearance in the tube. there is no overly tacky gold flashiness, no lilac-pink pukey color. it just makes my lips look so full and pretty and gives me the perfect pale baby pink pout that i am always chasing after. although this isn't your typical "nude" gloss, it definitely does tone down the naturally rosy pigment of my lips and gives them a lighter, fuller look. upon close inspection, you can see gold but no glitter or chunks, just a really pretty shine. not super obvious and NO grittiness whatsoever. lasting power is excellent and it fades evenly. i would really suggest trying this one on at the counter instead of judging it by the tester tube, you might just fall in love like i did!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this gloss! It's a pale baby pink color with golden shimmer, but somehow shows up as a cool color...very pretty. After reading the reviews, I thought it would wash me out, I cannot do cool colors, but I tried it and really liked it! It lasts pretty much all day, and the texture isnt overly sticky, but enough to stay on your lips for quite a while. I would repurchase this gloss.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have 2 favorite Lip Glasses from MAC. Lust is the first, and Oyster Girl is the second. OG is just so gorgeous. It is very pale, but when applied lightly, it has this lovely opalescent type of pink-lavender sheen. It has a bit of golden shimmer. I like to wear this with a smokey eye, and a lot of bronzer. I also, occasionally, like to apply this over Lust.

This is way too pale looking for me. It isn't very pigmented and is hard to go over your mouth and making the colors even. Very sticky and gooey. I don't like this very much.

I absolutely love oyster girl. Its a great sheer opalescent pink. The color doesnt really show but it goes good with most eyeshadows and looks. Also goes good over most lipsticks. I love it!

I used to think this was pretty in the tube, but looked at the other day and thought it looked ugly haha. Pale, dirty pink-lavendar color with gold shimmer...looks so not attractive on me. Slightly better if I wear it over balm. Think I'll stick to Luminary Lustreglass.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this was my first mac lipglass ever. i bought it...3 years ago? and i still to this day adore it. there's no growing out of a colour this brilliant. the soft pearl sheen in it is to die for, and the clean pink tone of the gloss itself is just too beautiful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first MAC purchase ever, and I'm very satisfied. So far I've been a drugstore brand kind of girl, but now I see how the counter brands go one step further! Texture-wise, I love the feel and lasting power--it doesn't feel sticky on my lips but still retains its shine. Visually, I was struck by the color after seeing laratron's review. Just gorgeous! Pale pale pink with pearly shimmer that shows up well even on my medium pigmented lips. I'm a NC35 and it doesn't wash me out. With natural makeup, it makes me look fresh, but I can't wait to try it with a smokey eye to tease out my inner vixen :) Even my boyfriend complimented me on my lipgloss when I wore it! A little goes a long way, and if you put on too much, your lips could look blimpish.

I received a sample of this with a GWP before. I just tossed it aside and forgot about it until I ran into some reviews about it today. So I dug it out and used it. It's a really pretty color that for me looks best on its own and not layered over a lipstick. It works well for my makeup style since I do heavy eyes. It might be a bit too pale since I am medium tan but otherwise it's very nice. I'm still on the fence about buying it. We'll see what happens when I run out of the sample...

Recommended for Medium Skin