MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl

4.2

on 11/27/2007 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this gloss! It's a pale baby pink color with golden shimmer, but somehow shows up as a cool color...very pretty. After reading the reviews, I thought it would wash me out, I cannot do cool colors, but I tried it and really liked it! It lasts pretty much all day, and the texture isnt overly sticky, but enough to stay on your lips for quite a while. I would repurchase this gloss.

on 11/22/2007 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have 2 favorite Lip Glasses from MAC. Lust is the first, and Oyster Girl is the second. OG is just so gorgeous. It is very pale, but when applied lightly, it has this lovely opalescent type of pink-lavender sheen. It has a bit of golden shimmer. I like to wear this with a smokey eye, and a lot of bronzer. I also, occasionally, like to apply this over Lust.

This is way too pale looking for me. It isn't very pigmented and is hard to go over your mouth and making the colors even. Very sticky and gooey. I don't like this very much.

on 11/12/2007 1:33:00 PM

I absolutely love oyster girl. Its a great sheer opalescent pink. The color doesnt really show but it goes good with most eyeshadows and looks. Also goes good over most lipsticks. I love it!

on 10/28/2007 4:00:00 AM

I used to think this was pretty in the tube, but looked at the other day and thought it looked ugly haha. Pale, dirty pink-lavendar color with gold shimmer...looks so not attractive on me. Slightly better if I wear it over balm. Think I'll stick to Luminary Lustreglass.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this was my first mac lipglass ever. i bought it...3 years ago? and i still to this day adore it. there's no growing out of a colour this brilliant. the soft pearl sheen in it is to die for, and the clean pink tone of the gloss itself is just too beautiful.

on 8/11/2007 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first MAC purchase ever, and I'm very satisfied. So far I've been a drugstore brand kind of girl, but now I see how the counter brands go one step further! Texture-wise, I love the feel and lasting power--it doesn't feel sticky on my lips but still retains its shine. Visually, I was struck by the color after seeing laratron's review. Just gorgeous! Pale pale pink with pearly shimmer that shows up well even on my medium pigmented lips. I'm a NC35 and it doesn't wash me out. With natural makeup, it makes me look fresh, but I can't wait to try it with a smokey eye to tease out my inner vixen :) Even my boyfriend complimented me on my lipgloss when I wore it! A little goes a long way, and if you put on too much, your lips could look blimpish.

on 7/13/2007 12:56:00 AM

I received a sample of this with a GWP before. I just tossed it aside and forgot about it until I ran into some reviews about it today. So I dug it out and used it. It's a really pretty color that for me looks best on its own and not layered over a lipstick. It works well for my makeup style since I do heavy eyes. It might be a bit too pale since I am medium tan but otherwise it's very nice. I'm still on the fence about buying it. We'll see what happens when I run out of the sample...

on 7/12/2007 1:55:00 PM

This gloss is fabulous fo toning down pigmented lips with a smokey eye. This is light pink with a touch of mauve. I prefer my "Black Tie" Glossimer for this kind of look, but Oyster Girl also works. Application is a little tricky and can be clumpy, but otherwise, a great product!

on 7/10/2007 10:22:00 PM

i had my make-up done at MAC for a wedding. the make up artist played up my eyes and used this color and it was fabulous! it really works if you play up eye/checks since it's so light. i like it a lot and would repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin