Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.3

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

on 8/8/2008 4:55:00 AM

Definitely the BEST MASCARA EVER. I've tried so many (L'oreal, Maybelline, Estee Lauder) which have left me with inferior results and panda eyes.

A friend of mine recommended it to me and I picked up several wands during my trip to Japan. I've never looked back since! This mascara completely transformed my incredibly short lashes (<1cm) and gave it a total make-over. Not only did my lashes stay curled upwards, it even looked longer. The combined effect totally 'opened' up my eyes.

And it stays on FOR HOURS, with no panda eyes and dark-eye-circle- effect at the end of the day. In fact, it is nigh imposible to remove. You need a pretty heavy duty water-proof eye make-up remover to do the job. That's the only downside of this product.

I LOVE the comb applicator, as it makes application very easy and smudge proof. It separates my lashes very nicely unlike other brush applicators which tend to leave clumps of mascara on my lashes. Love the black and gold packaging as well, funky yet functional.

Overall, it's a star product and definitely a staple in my make-up bag. I'll never use any other mascaras but this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lash Expander makes my lashes extends, but not volumizes. When I look at myself in pictures, it hardly makes any difference to the size of my eyes. :( But if i look at mirror my eyes look bigger and prettier. I think I should also use an eyeliner to complete the big eyes look next time!
Nice packaging and waterproof quality.

on 7/11/2008 12:53:00 AM

I was really excited to get this mascara. I have tried it on and off for a few weeks and have finally decided it does not work for me. The bristles of the comb on the wand are spaced too far apart which means 2-3 of my lashes end up getting clumped together into one and also some of the fibers have fallen into my eyes. It also takes a really long time to dry. It was easy to remove with an oily makeup remover. I wore this to the beach twice and the first time it held up but the second time it smudged like mad. Both times my face barely got wet just a little splash of water. It did make my lashes really dark, long, and thick so it is too bad it bothered my eyes so much and wasn't truly waterproof.

on 7/5/2008 9:08:00 AM

This is much better than the Lash Enamel. It uses a comb applicator which took a little getting used to. Application can also be a little clumpy, but once this is sorted out with a lash comb, you're left with long well-defined lashes. Hardly smudges at all (although occasionally I get a little smudging happening, particularly on hot days). I prefer brush applicators and 'tubing' mascaras, so I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HG!! I've always had trouble with mascara smudging just underneath my eyes because my skin can get quite oily and i'm extremely excited to have FINALLY found a mascara that stays put ALL DAY.
I use it together with Shiseido The Makeup Mascara Base and that ensures my lashes stay curled. I don't mind the comb mascara wand, it does not clump and does lengthen so thats a plus. And to get volume, i wiggle it at the very base of my lash and voila! For some reason though, it does not work well on my lower lashes....? It makes my upper lashes look fab but i can't seem to get the same effect on my lower lashes which is a bit odd so i use this mascara for my upper and Bourjois Yes To Volume on my lower.
Other reviewers have noted that its difficult to remove... but I don't really share that problem when i use DHC Cleansing Oil and then followed by Clinique Take Off The Day.

on 6/1/2008 2:20:00 AM

Not a bad product, I ordered a tube off of e-bay for under $15 after reading the reviews on here. I've never used a mascara with a comb wand before so it took a little getting used to. It did make my lashes quite long, and held a curl all day. I don't necessarily think it thickened/volumized them a great deal though. And just to warn you ladies, I'm pretty sure paint thinner wouldn't remove this stuff! I tried vaseline, baby oil and several different eye make-up removers but it stayed stuck on my lashes!

on 5/11/2008 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I think it's been overrated. I don't know if it's just me or what, every time I try it, it makes my eyes look sleepy and wired. I have long lashes and easily go with all mascara. But this mascara only do negative thing to my makeup. Maybe it's its color. I took a look today and found that it's not completely black but kind of brownish black. I love the Maybelline Great Lashes mascara in Very Black. That is the black I'm looking for. And Maybelline's mascara costs only about half of the price of this one.

on 5/10/2008 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

love it! best mascara i own better than ysl faux cils hmmm i'll say yeah that clumped after a while

it's cheap, pretty packaging, easy to use kind of , well once you get the hang of the comb anyway if you normally use combs then yeah you'll be fine i'm used to big brushes (bad gal lash) so this is a change a great one though

It is a pain to take off though, water is not working i don't know what you'd use to get this off to be honest

on 5/4/2008 10:26:00 AM

This mascara lengthens and volumises as it claims. It's lash comb ensures thats lashes don't clump. Its gives lashes a lovely glossy black look. It is also much easier to remove than most mascaras I've tried. It doesn't smudge on me as well. A HG for me.

on 4/11/2008 1:02:00 AM

I really really wanted to love this mascara. (I have the newer NEO version) The wonderful thing about this mascara is that it does what it is supposed to do. It really works - lengthens and volumizes dramatically, holds a curl perfectly etc.etc. for a LONG LONG TIME. The little curved comb applicator is fantastic as I can reach every single lash. So why is this not a HG mascara for me?

It's SO DAMN WET, that's why. After each application, I have black streaks around my eyes. And they are a bugger to remove. I would have to apply this mascara, wait for it to dry, then remove streaks from my face with cleansing oil, before I can safely apply foundation and eyeshadow. Unfortunately my lifestyle is such that I don't have the time to wait for mascara to dry before doing the rest of my face each morning.

Top Rated Shiseido Products