April 16, 2014 | 1498 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Mej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely fantastic eye gel. I have never used one before, however just bought it today and have applied it. Can't believe how good it actually looks on and how well it has glided on too!! I would recommend this product 100%

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG liner! I love gel/cream liners. I need a liner that is longlasting ,smudgeproof (because i rub my eys a lot) and waterproof. This is by far, the best performer of the bunch. Here's a rundown of the BB gel liner compared to the other black liners I have tried.

BB vs MAC Blacktrack: I really wanted to love the MAC blacktrack but it just didnt seem to work on me. It would flake off within hours. I tried it with my UDPP and still the same result. Tried it with my MAC 210 brush, BB liner brush and sephora angled brush, still nothing. I also have the MAC fluidliner in Waveline and that flakes off too so I think it has something to do with the formula? My coworker swears by MAC though so I really think it has to do with your own chemical makeup.

BB vs L'oreal HIP cream liner: The HIP liners are really color-rich but the pot does dry up rather quickly and they're not as easy to apply as the BB and MAC ones. Great for a drugstore purchase but for $10 you might as well add a bit more for better consistency.

BB vs Stila Smudge pots: I tried the stila from my friend's stash but even she stopped using it. It's thicker and more gooey (if that makes sense) so I felt i got it everywhere BUT my lashline.

Hope this helps!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner in a set with Sepia Ink and an eyeliner brush. First, you need to have a good eyeliner brush. Don't mistake that with necessarily a Bobbi Brown brush. I tried several times but never really got on with it. So I decided to use an old MAC penultimate eyeliner that I had finished to achieve perfect result. I tried and it worked like a treat. So now I have been applying it with it and love the results.It makes it a little easier to use.
Don't forget to clean your brush everyday. If you don't then the product dries on it and when you reapply, it flakes all over the place and gets in your eyes. The application becomes uneven in colour and not very professional. Just a mess! Also keep the jar well closed or the whole liquid will dry in no time...
In conclusion it's a nice product but not HG of all eyeliners...It stays put though like no others if you are looking for long staying power.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I read so many good reviews about this. However, it doesn't work on me. I have oily eyelids, and it smears. It smudges minutes after I put this eyeliner on. It smudges 3 or so hours after I put this on if I use a eyeshadow primer beforehand. I am very disappointed at this product. I am looking for something that will no smudge, not the whole day, but at least half of the day. Sigh, I guess I will just keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

This gel eyeliner is really a great product. This is the first time I ever used a gel eyeliner so I was concerned if it would be hard to apply and make it look good. It isnt that hard to make a nice even line. I don't wear this everyday because it takes a little more time and concentration then my regular pencil eyeliner, but when I have some more time and want to glam it up, this is a go-to product!!! Thanks Bobbi!! haha.......

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Once I tried this I never went back to pencils. The application always comes out smooth and flawless, and lasts all day. I use Bobbi Brown's eyeliner brush. I bought this product from her website in a set that contained this eyeliner, Mahogany Long Wear Gel Eyeliner, the eyeliner brush and the makeup remover. The set is an excellent value and I can recommend it for someone who wants to try Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

I've been spoiled by Blacktrack by Mac and needed a replacement and ventured into Bobbi Brown Black Ink gel eyeliner.

It's a quality product, but still favor Mac. It seems that the black intensity isn't as strong. Staying power is all day. Smearing and traveling down wise or whatever, isn't in the vocabulary of this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Msdoodle68

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I only use eyeliner on my water line, and i have tried a lot of eyeliners that just smudge and run, but this one stays, if i'm doing a long day, i will usually touch it up, but it's the best one i've found so far!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this gel liner for about half a year, and I've noticed some smudging problems with this. I have very oily skin, and by noon I'll already see a slightly gray cast below my bottom lash line. I initially thought it was my mascara, but I've tried a day without mascara and just this eyeliner alone and I've realized that in fact, this gel liner is to blame. the only problem I have with this liner is that it smudges onto my bottom last line, even though I only wear it on my top lashline. Other than that, I haven't noticed it smudging on the top, and it can create a pretty clean and precise thin line which I love. I wouldn't repurchase this though, since I'm willing to test out other gel liners and liquid liners, and it was also pretty expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by suzjung

The product is fantastic! Really smooth to aplly, 10 times easier than the liquid ones. It lasts a whole day! Best eyeliner I have ever used!
Only problems are that the expiration date is after 6 months and that you have to buy a brush to use it!