January 27, 2015 | 987 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

There are a lot of gel eyeliners out on the market but do not be fooled. They are not all alike. I have used MAC, Stila, Lady Burd, and Bobbi Brown's is by far the best. It didn't dry up on me. I've been using it for 8 months now and it's still creamy. The jar contains a lot of product. The eyeliner goes on smooth and doesn't wear off. If you have this liner and an eyeliner brush, you can't go wrong. I've even used this to line my inner rims and it works perfect. It's my favorite gel liner of all time. I use this almost every single day. A definite HG beauty item.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by blingblingb8by

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Even better than the MAC Fluidline, in terms of pigmentation and staying power. Officially HG status for me. Highly recommend to all!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by urbanangel19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG. The only gel eyeliner I will use & completely worth the money. This stays on my oily eyelids for hours and hours even without a base; the color is deep, rich black and i've never had problems with irritation. I've tried mac fluidline and there's no comparison imo...mac's wore off my eyes within a couple of hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by ad0

Definitely long lasting.
For an asian girl with wonky/oily eyelids, this eyeliner does not smudge onto my eyelid - overall i consider this as a magical product =D

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by jenette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dries up too fast

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by patriciascot

I bought this in espresso and it was TERRIBLE!! It was dry and crumbly and impossible to apply. Had to return it.

I was SO disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by greyishblue

Another many raves product which I find just so so. Is it really the best gel eyeliner out there? Sure it does not smudge, but it doesn't possess a super stay on power neither. Once I applied it all over my lids and it disappeared in just 3 hours. Addition to that I felt annoyed that I must constantly re damped the applicator during application. I definitely prefer the original ink eyeliner over this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go-to black eye liner and I wear it almost every day. I use it to tightline and it makes my lashes look thicker and it really emphasizes my green eyes. I find that if I give this a second to set before blinking I don't have any transfer to my bottom lid. It doesn't smudge and it stays put all day. I have four gel eye liners and I have not had a problem with any of them drying out. When I use it I scoop out a little bit with my brush and put it on the back of my hand to work with, then quickly tighten the lid again. I do store them upside down in a cool, dark place. I have the BB ultra fine eye liner brush that is recommended for use with the gel liners, but I prefer her regular eye liner brush (filbert type) for tightlining. I use a bent tip eye liner brush (Sephora platinum) when applying above the lash line or a smudge brush (SK) if I want a thicker line. The formula is very smooth and glides easily over my lash line with no tugging or pulling like a pencil liner can. This does set quickly so you don't have a lot of time to manipulate it after it is applied, just enough to smudge it a little if you don't want a harsh line. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Mej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely fantastic eye gel. I have never used one before, however just bought it today and have applied it. Can't believe how good it actually looks on and how well it has glided on too!! I would recommend this product 100%

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG liner! I love gel/cream liners. I need a liner that is longlasting ,smudgeproof (because i rub my eys a lot) and waterproof. This is by far, the best performer of the bunch. Here's a rundown of the BB gel liner compared to the other black liners I have tried.

BB vs MAC Blacktrack: I really wanted to love the MAC blacktrack but it just didnt seem to work on me. It would flake off within hours. I tried it with my UDPP and still the same result. Tried it with my MAC 210 brush, BB liner brush and sephora angled brush, still nothing. I also have the MAC fluidliner in Waveline and that flakes off too so I think it has something to do with the formula? My coworker swears by MAC though so I really think it has to do with your own chemical makeup.

BB vs L'oreal HIP cream liner: The HIP liners are really color-rich but the pot does dry up rather quickly and they're not as easy to apply as the BB and MAC ones. Great for a drugstore purchase but for $10 you might as well add a bit more for better consistency.

BB vs Stila Smudge pots: I tried the stila from my friend's stash but even she stopped using it. It's thicker and more gooey (if that makes sense) so I felt i got it everywhere BUT my lashline.

Hope this helps!