October 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Foundations - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

This is one of the best foundations Ive used. Highly recommended!!! Its not messy and the coverage is so great. It looks so good on. The only drawback I can think of is the price but Ive paid more for worse foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

Well for now, lets give the lowdown. I've been hiding out at home just using my regular everyday minerals and i haven't tried any products that have wowed me yet. I quit using liquid makeup and I noticed everyday minerals doesn't do the job anymore. It lacks smoothness, and pores no more! Here comes this review. Everytime I'm at Sephora I always use two products, Urban Decay Surreal Skin in Illusion and NARS Powder Blush in Desire. These products never let me down. Urban Decay gives flawless coverage and lots of it too! it keep me poreless for hours and i LOVE IT. I'm yet to use it alone, i usually just top it over my mineral makeup for a more pulled together look. I don't like that its so ridiculously expensive, so for now I'm just going to put it on top of my everyday minerals (which is UBER cheap btw) and get that flawless look. No breakouts so far and I have SUPERSUPER sensetive skin. It hates everything except what i use now and this stuff, so pray it works! i would advise this, seriously. it doesn't seem to accentuate my dryness, keeps me shine free, and covers beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by alexandratorok

I absolutely love this powder makeup!!!I have it in Hallucination and it gives me a divine color!The packaging is great and so so easy to use...it takes me like 2 min to do my face,not even!and my skin looks flawless and radiant!Definitely recommend!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by smallvillejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is awesome! My first experience with it was actually last summer and it was a love/hate one. I was very happy with the coverage and how it made my skin look so glowy. But after a few hours, my face looked like an oil slick. I had to return it. Now that it's winter (somewhat.. I am in CA, after all), I decided to give it another go as my skin is much drier. First of all, I'm about an NC42 and the color "Vision" is perfect. I've never had a foundation match my skin so well. The coverage is good and gives my skin a nice dewey look. When I want more coverage, I use this over my MUFE HD foundation. My favorite mineral makeup, by far. Laura Mercier's was also good, but I couldn't find a color match! Will definitely re-purchase.

P.S. I don't like the sponge..it's useless. I use a kabuki brush to buff it in instead.

Edited on 8/11/09:
I hate you, bismuth oxychloride! Why do you have to ruin a perfectly good foundation by making my skin break out in cystic spots? Oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by iheartjet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to Ulta and wanted to try out purminerals. The makeup artist/salesperson tried purminerals on me...as well as this product. I assume she was a little biased since she loved the urban decay mineral makeup as opposed to purminerals. I did like the coverage U.D offered. It covered my acne scars...it was a bit pricey, 30 dollars. =/ But i went ahead and bought it anyway.

pros:
good coverage.
no breakouts.

cons:
contains parabens.
can look flakey or cakey when your skin is dry
I hate the applicator sponge, it wasn't useful and its not good to tap foundation onto your skin. I have to take the lid off and swirl it.
may be good for summer, not for winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by magicBUS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. With a little concealer over my dark circles and a few dark spots from old blemishes, this foundation gives me a flawless complexion that looks natural. At first I had a hard time figuring out the puff. I discovered if you turn it to the open position and tap it on the back of your hand a bit until the powder comes out and then turn it back to closed, it holds enough powder in the puff for several uses so you don't look cakey when you use it. Even though it's a powder and I usually have problems with them making me look flakey, this doesn't. The color for me is a tad too dark, maybe half a shade off (i wear illusion, the lightest shade)
nothing that anyone but me would notice. This is a little pricey for a foundation but it seems like it would last a while. I would repurchase this (i said yes) but I am determined to try as many foundations as possible so I don't really know if I'll buy it again immediately after I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by katelovesmac

I've been through 2 jars of this but this is only because I ordered it online and got the colour match wrong etc I will now not be buying again. This foundation isn't awful but it isn't get either. It gives good coverage but often cakes on the dry areas of my skin. This foundation is okay for what it is but there are much better foundations out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by idorn

Truly surprised with Urban Decay.
This product matched my skin color exactly (color: Mirage) with its yellow undertones, perfect for dark/ethnic skin.
The price is reasonable $28 at sephora, and
I do like the sponge attached but should be washed whenever
possible.
It's coverage is so good , but feels light.
Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 12:28:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I really love this foundation. I absolutely refuse to bother with the packaging though, ie the puff pad. I think mineral makeup should be applied with a brush, so that's what I use. This applies very light and silky. When I say light, however, I don't mean sheer. You can definately achieve full coverage with this. It's almost matte. Slightly dewy, which I love. The color I got, Nirvana, does tend to look slightly yellowy, but my skin does have a yellow undertone, so it works. This lasts a long time and doesn't turn weird, ie shiny, dry, change colors. You get a lot of product for the price. Would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell45

I'VE BEEN THROUGH A LOT OF FOUNDATIONS FROM COVERGIRL, CLINQUE, BARE MINERALS TO MAC. MAC WORKED FOR ME FOR A WHILE BUT THEN I REALIZED I STARTED BREAKING OUT...NOT GOOD. SO I WAS INTRODUCED TO URBAN DECAY AT THE MALL I NOTICED HOW MY FACE LOOKS SO CLEAR IN PICS AND ITS NOT CAKEY LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE. I LOVE THIS!!!!