November 24, 2014 | 2007 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by briloveschocolatebunnies

I would never have found this stuff without reading about it on reviews on this site. Then, I looked at Acne.org (where it was reviewed highly) and Amazon (also reviewed highly)---there's a lot of consistency. Plus, I found it on Amazon for less than 10 dollars. For the tub you get, this will last you forever.

It does, after about 10 minutes for me, feel like its "pulsating." It also is extremely tightening---to the point that it is a little bit uncomfortable. The directions say to mix it with apple cider vinegar, which I do and do not find to be irritating (though a bit smelly). Organic, raw apple cider vinegar is best with the "mother" still in it as many reviews mention. I notice some reviews say it works with water as well but I have not tried that. I imagine it may be a bit more challenging to mix, as with the apple cider vinegar---it fizzes and makes it easier. Also, the directions say to keep this away from metals (with mixing or storage). I put it in a little plastic bowl and store with a wooden stick.

I was a bit concerned that it would be too drying based on some of the reviews. I have combination, acne-prone skin. I do sometimes get a bit of dry skin afterwards, but if you follow this up with jojoba oil (see the reviews for that with acne prone skin), you can get great results if you are prone to dry skin. It does lead my skin red as it warns that it might---due to increased circulation---so this is definitely best as a before bed kind of thing. The redness lasts a few hours for me.

This pulls everything to the surface---it's like having ultra powerful biore pore cleansing strips all over your face. Highly recommend.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by savannahxoh

I know many have trouble finding the right way to mix this mask. Here is what makes it super easy and creamy for me. Take any small bowl and a plastic spoon, put one spoon of the clay, then one spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, stir it up, THEN add about a half spoon of more ACV, and stir. It will sizzle and make a foamy, creamy mixture that is perfect, and easy to apply with the rounded back of a spoon on a clean and washed face. Leave it on, it WILL pulsate and tighten your face to extremes. I personally love the feeling because I can feel that it is working. This pulsating feeling is result of the blood rushing to your face, which is GOOD. Many people give credit to exercise for clearing their acne, when exercise brings the blood to your face. This mask does work for acne. Please disregard the redness after washing the mask off with warm water. So cheap, too!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ams5174

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is oily and acne prone. Im 26. I had clear skin in teens and early 20s thanks to birth control. I really had no idea my "normal" skin would be such a mess. I've tried everything! Proactiv (worked but too drying..looked like an old wrinkled lady), drugstore face washes, Clarisonic, witch hazel, dial gold, dove unscented.... The same problems would always come back! Oily, oily skin with pimples, dry patches, and a dull complexion. Yuck! I got this 4 days ago and tonight will be my 4th use of it. I mix it with organic ACV and put it on my face and chest. (I have zits there too!) So far I noticed a reduction in the amount of oil on my skin throughout the day. My skin also looks brighter and more even toned already. I plan to use this everyday for the next week and then maybe every other day after that. I look forward to this each night. I wash my face first with Noxzema (new thing Im trying) and in the morning I let the Noxzema sit on my face for 20 mins then wash it. No clay mask in the morning, just at night. I'm really liking my new routine. The dial gold was my go to for a while but it was drying which resulted in rebound oil production. I still use dial gold for my body though. Love it for that! :) I will update ya'll in a few wks!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by shazada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product, so far!

A little about me, I've had acne, pimples and spots since puberty and very oily skin. I've been on many types of medicated face washes, creams, antibiotics, and even Roaccutane. I have also tried many many natural remedies with no success only Roaccutane worked for a little while. Which I found amazing, it got rid of my oily skin, which it turn got rid of the spots. Unfortunately when I finished the course the oil came back and then so did the spots. :-(.

After reading many many reviews on here I have decided to try Bentonite clay masks with apple cider vinegar. I purchased the clay from eBay 250g for £2.75 (free postage). I tried the first one on Sunday, I use a plastic bowl and plastic brush (hair dying kit) to mix and apply. Which I apply in two thin coates. The mask really smells and makes my eyes water and I get the tingling and pulsating sensation (people have mentioned) apply on my face, neck and chest. I manned up, a little discomfort will not kill me, lol. Current skin condition is oily and I have small spots all over my face and a few deep and painful spots.

The mask dries very well and tight, someone mentioned the fish lips lol, which I definitely get. I kept it on for 30 to 40 minutes, I wash off by wettig the mask then rubbing off in circular motions to exfoliate. My skin is very red afterwards.

I then pat my face dry and I think it is very important to use a good and heavy moisturiser as this mask is very drying (even) for my oily skin. The following day I had really soft and smooth skin despite the spots I currently have and no oil! :-).

Overall I have done the mask twice in one week. It's too soon to say weather it's helping the spots but my oil and spots dried up for a day and skin felt amazing. I will be buying when I run out, if you have similar skin to mine (oily and spot prone) you should try it. Xx

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Lanasser

I cannot say enough about this mask.

From the time I was 13 I've had to deal with frequent, minor breakouts. My skin has always been pretty sensitive and I've never been able to try new products without worrying I'd have pimples pop up. Now that I'm 28 years old, I still have the frustration of random breakouts and the scaring that has left behind is the worst part of it all.

After reading multiple stellar reviews on this mask I decided to give it a try. I have to say my skin has never looked this good for this long. I very rarely break out and when I do it's usually because I haven't been using the mask as often as I should or I'm about to get my period....and when these tiny breakouts do come along (not often) this mask clears them right up.

The best part is that my past scars are slowly starting to heal and my skin looks healthier than I can ever remember it.

I highly recommend this mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Princessadalinee

This stuff is my HG!
it deep cleans and gets away all your blackheads and whiteheads, and even acne!
love love love. also, its so cheap! like $5.00 for one pound!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me just start off by saying...my skin is super acne-prone. I've tied everything and this works the best! I use it almost everyday and my skin is so much better. Also my skin is more sensitive and this product works really well. I suggest you apply a thinner layer with Apple cider vinegar if you use it everyday. I also think its better to use it at night, moisturize, and apply benzo peroxide. The smell isn't the best but acne-free skin is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Everyone has their own method of applying this mask and mine is adding water and mixing it in a sandwich bag so there's less mess. Leave it on for 10-15 mins and my skin is all good! Total HG for my skin that's combination, sensitive and acne-prone I no longer get hormonal breakouts thanks to applying this once or twice a week. It burns slightly and has a tightening effect that I don't particularly enjoy, but it's worth it for the smooth, clear skin I experience afterwards. Don't leave this on longer than 15 minutes! It will irritate and burn your face in my experience, so less is more. Ill repurchase definitely and this is one of the few face treatments I can use without fear of breaking out.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is very sensitive, dry, and acne prone.

I was scared to try this clay because of the reviews citing the drying, pulsing & tightening effects that some reviewers felt. However overall the reviews were so positive & the product so cheap I decided to give it a try with a twist tailored to my skin issues. I used the clay but added 100% aloe vera juice & Bragg's ACV in a ratio of 1:3, 5 drops of tea tree oil, & 1/4 of an avocado. I left this on for abt 30 mins. With this mixture I avoided the pulsating & drying effects of the clay. When I removed the mask my skin was glowing with no redness or irritation. After removal I put a blend of rice bran & jojoba oils on my skin.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This product is great. My skin isn't perfectly smooth yet because this mask keeps bringing stuff up to the surface. I love how deep this mask gets. I mix one spoonful of clay with one cap of organic apple cider vinegar. I get a nice smooth consistency that way. I'm amazed by how little I have to use. I leave on for about thirty minutes. I'll definitely buy again once(if I ever) run out.