November 24, 2014 | 1834 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by kmclallen

I will never be without a container of oatmeal in my bathroom!! This is the BEST scrub/mask. I put generic plain oatmeal which costs me $3.00 for a huge container in a coffee grinder, 1/2 a cup, just for a few seconds. Then in a container with a waterproof lid. I use just a small handfull on my slightly wet face and scrub all the dead skin off. Then I wet it on my face so it has this oatmeal film on my face. It kind of looks like baby food, I keep it on for a few minutes, I brush my teeth or change my clothes. It is a little messy when I rinse it off, but its worth it!! My skin is sooo soft and clean, the next day, there's no dry skin, my skin is not dry. This is not harsh, it does not break me out, love it! I will never need to buy expensive scrubs or masks, this does everything!! That $3.00 will last me years!!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ThePeoplesChoice

First off, I was skeptical I mean the thought of pasting Oatmel on my face rubbed off as a joke to me. Then I started doing research and decided to try it out.. and what I did was mixed water, oatmel, brown sugar and honey together. AMAZING results! At the moment my skin is horrible, especially on my forehead. I left the mask on there for 2 hours + and it helped alot. My nasty bumps were sized down way smaller and when I woke up the next morning they were gone and it did the same aswell for my chin. I'm persuading everyone to go out and try just oatmel and water and i'm sure the same results will apply! Everything is dirt cheap so why not?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love eating oatmeal, and when I started to go more natural with my skincare regime, I started looking more into oatmeal. I've found that it goes great in my homemade cleanser. If I have any makeup on, I remove it with coconut oil and a damp washcloth, then follow with this recipe:
1 tbspPowdered Milk
1/2 tbsp Baking Soda
1/4 tbsp Ground Plain Oatmeal
1/4 tbsp Ground Chamomile Flowers
I keep it in an old spice shaker that I have so that it's easy to get out, add water and use it like a regular cleanser for about 1 minute. It works great. I'm left feeling clean, but not tight. My skin looks so much better and so does my wallet. This is something that is a great addition to my homemade products.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by prettypopy

low price, easily found at any store, but makes my skin itch and break out with hives. I should have looked at the less glorious reviews first before pouring these stuff on my skin. I got too excited reading all the great reviews here without doing a small skin test first. I bought pure 100% organic oats with no additives of any sort . I should have never experimented with this junk especially right before a wedding. It took a good 3-5 days to clear up and messed up wedding photos.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by GinnyKiyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using oatmeal as a cleanser and as a mask for over a month now. It's been really awesome. For the most nutrients I got whole rolled oats which I ground at home myself. This makes it easier to use, I grind a lot and put it in a clean unused glass spice jar. I sprinkle some on my hand every morning and add a few drops of warm water. Then I slowly scrub my wet face, smells so comforting and good. I tend to stick with oatmeal in the morning because it doesn't remove makeup well for evening.

As for the mask I tried an alternative version where I add a small spoon of oatmeal in a bowl and 3-4 spoons of add warm water, enough to make it milky and watery. If you have those DIY dry cotton mask (the ones you need to add water to) I just let that soak in the oatmeal for a few minutes. Lightly squeeze out any extra liquid and apply to face for 15-20 mins. Much cleaner and I feel this is easier for the skin to absorb.

Overall, oatmeal has been leaving my skin soft and hydrated. It's also helped with healing my acne scars as well, which was a nice surprise.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by allenleliza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

fantastic! i tried this right after bubzbeauty posted her video and it left my skin amazing. soft, clear and glowy. but, in the never ending search for perfect skin i moved on and attempted the OCM...what a mistake that was! one of the worst break outs of my life. its now about a month later and im just getting things under control. im back on the oatmeal bandwagon and not planning on changing any time soon. i usually have dehydrated, acne prone skin but with oatmeal its soft, supple and less acne prone. i doubt i will ever have perfect skin, but using oatmeal gets me as close as i think ill ever get. try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by carmenoctavia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oatmeal is simply amazing! I have acne-prone skin and oily and it works beautifully. My mom also tried it, she has dry skin and worked out just great on her skin as well. So all of you out there go get it! Ull love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by sofaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Ah, oatmeal, not only does it make for a great, healthy breakfast item, it's also dirt cheap and it's a great cleanser, exfoliater AND mask.. all in one! Who knew that one item could have so many amazing uses? I first heard about using oatmeal as a cleanser by bubzbeauty (as many ladies here have mentioned already). I was instantly intrigued because I really wanted to start using beauty products that didn't have any chemicals and were 100% natural. To say that I was a bit hesitant about using oatmeal as a cleanser would be a bit of an understatement. I mean, oatmeal, as a cleanser? Really? But after using this method for about a month or so, I am totally convinced that oatmeal works! I recommend using instant oatmeal because I find that it gets a lot softer faster, making it a lot easier to spread around the face versus using the non-instant oats. I use this every night, once a day. My face looks so radiant after every single time I do this and it helps to calm down the redness or irritation of my acne. My face, literally, GLOWS.. it's amazing. I like taking the oatmeal chunks off by using a damp paper towel instead of washing away the oatmeal chunks and (potentially) clogging my drains. After that, I rinse off my face with warm water, and then cold water, and pat my face dry with a towel. I found that it doesn't help prevent acne but it does help get rid of it faster if that makes sense. My pimples will usually go away after a few days, where before using this, my acne lasted for at least a week.

I also like using this as a mask 2-3 times a week with plain yogurt and honey. I LOVE this mask and it feels really rejuvenating on my skin. It also leaves my skin glowing and amazingly soft! I also find that it is extremely effective at helping lessen the redness around existing pimples! For the mask I use roughly
1 tablespoon of crushed oatmeal
1/2 tablespoon of plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon of honey
combine these ingredients together, leave it on your face for about 15 minutes or until you can't smile, rinse, and VOILA, beautiful, glowing skin. And just like for the cleanser, I like to take this off using a paper towel, but just make sure that it's more damp, almost dripping wet, because the mask is thicker, hence, a bit harder to take off.
I know some ladies here have mentioned using Greek yogurt, but for me, I use the cheapest plain yogurt that I was able to find (university student here!) and it still works fine for me. You can certainly use Greek yogurt if you'd like, but cheap, plain yogurt is perfectly fine too!

oatmeal just works really well, and you really don't have anything to lose by trying this, unless you're allergic to oatmeal. So go into your kitchen, grab that oatmeal and start smothering your face with it! You may just be pleasantly surprised by the results ;)

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like everyone else, I've used oatmeal in my baths, as a cleanser, and as a mask. It's awesome, soothing, and dirt cheap-- all of that has been said, so just consider me another vote for oatmeal.

But I read a ton of these reviews last night and noticed a few people mentioning that they used ground up oatmeal as a face powder. So, I had to try it.

I ground up some fresh oats in my spice grinder. I wear Bare Minerals foundation, which really *needs* the mineral veil. Normally, if I skip the mineral veil, my makeup doesn't stay on all day, and I get oily. The mineral veil combats this, but I usually have to apply it 2-3 times a day to stay "fresh". However, my skin isn't a huge fan of the mineral veil. . . if I put it on before my foundation I get a reaction, so I don't *love* using it on top of my foundation either.

Enter the oatmeal powder. It looked similar to the mineral veil, only a bit more matte and less shiny (which is a good thing for me). The best part is that I've had it on for 14 hours straight, and my makeup still looks fresh-- and I haven't touched it up at all! I am SOOOOO amazed by this.

The only downside is that it feels scratchy going on (and mineral veil feels oh so smooth and soothing), and that I got a couple of the larger particles in my eye, which wasn't fun at all. So application sucked. I'm definitely going to keep tweaking it though.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by anisabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have yet to try this as a mask but I've used this as a cleanser and wowwwie! I only used this every morning & night for about a week & this stuff is amazing. I was intrigued by bubzbeauty's video like many other people & like any other product that I'm interested in, I spent what seemed like forever gawking at makeupalley reviews. I used it just like bubz except I used regular Quakers oatmeal instead of the instant kind.
I get a handful of oatmeal & run it under lukewarm water (not sure why it has to be lukewarm but bubz emphasized on it) while making a fist and then I put a little bit of water in my palm, squeeze out the milky oatmeal liquid into my hand & run that over a wet face. You can do this dry but I feel better doing it wet. Then I just scrub my face with the oats & wipe them off with a paper towel to keep my drain from being clogged, then rinse. It feels like it never rinses off cause its a weird residue.
I also put a paper towel over the drain after spreading the milky substance but before scrubbing & that catches the oats as well.
So what has oatmeal done for my skin? Well it hasn't done anything to prevent breakouts. It hasn't done anything to treat them. However it doesn't break me out. So what's so amazing about it? It's gotten rid of almost all of what's left of my hyperpigmenation!! I also found that when I focus on scrubbing around the crevices of my nose, the horrid cakey foundation I get there doesnt happen either!
I stopped using it everyday because it's kind of a hassle in the mornings but I am definitely keeping this in my skin care routine.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No