April 18, 2014 | 1963 users online

Masks - Oatmeal

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like everyone else, I've used oatmeal in my baths, as a cleanser, and as a mask. It's awesome, soothing, and dirt cheap-- all of that has been said, so just consider me another vote for oatmeal.

But I read a ton of these reviews last night and noticed a few people mentioning that they used ground up oatmeal as a face powder. So, I had to try it.

I ground up some fresh oats in my spice grinder. I wear Bare Minerals foundation, which really *needs* the mineral veil. Normally, if I skip the mineral veil, my makeup doesn't stay on all day, and I get oily. The mineral veil combats this, but I usually have to apply it 2-3 times a day to stay "fresh". However, my skin isn't a huge fan of the mineral veil. . . if I put it on before my foundation I get a reaction, so I don't *love* using it on top of my foundation either.

Enter the oatmeal powder. It looked similar to the mineral veil, only a bit more matte and less shiny (which is a good thing for me). The best part is that I've had it on for 14 hours straight, and my makeup still looks fresh-- and I haven't touched it up at all! I am SOOOOO amazed by this.

The only downside is that it feels scratchy going on (and mineral veil feels oh so smooth and soothing), and that I got a couple of the larger particles in my eye, which wasn't fun at all. So application sucked. I'm definitely going to keep tweaking it though.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by anisabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have yet to try this as a mask but I've used this as a cleanser and wowwwie! I only used this every morning & night for about a week & this stuff is amazing. I was intrigued by bubzbeauty's video like many other people & like any other product that I'm interested in, I spent what seemed like forever gawking at makeupalley reviews. I used it just like bubz except I used regular Quakers oatmeal instead of the instant kind.
I get a handful of oatmeal & run it under lukewarm water (not sure why it has to be lukewarm but bubz emphasized on it) while making a fist and then I put a little bit of water in my palm, squeeze out the milky oatmeal liquid into my hand & run that over a wet face. You can do this dry but I feel better doing it wet. Then I just scrub my face with the oats & wipe them off with a paper towel to keep my drain from being clogged, then rinse. It feels like it never rinses off cause its a weird residue.
I also put a paper towel over the drain after spreading the milky substance but before scrubbing & that catches the oats as well.
So what has oatmeal done for my skin? Well it hasn't done anything to prevent breakouts. It hasn't done anything to treat them. However it doesn't break me out. So what's so amazing about it? It's gotten rid of almost all of what's left of my hyperpigmenation!! I also found that when I focus on scrubbing around the crevices of my nose, the horrid cakey foundation I get there doesnt happen either!
I stopped using it everyday because it's kind of a hassle in the mornings but I am definitely keeping this in my skin care routine.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by sweetcheekss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't even know where to begin. Who could go wrong with this!? I love this product so much and my skin has been looking more amazing each day I use this. I'm just gonna start off by saying that my skin is normal/dry, with redness around my nose that I could never get rid of no matter what I did. I also have occasional breakouts on my nose and sometimes around my mouth. Actually, I don't remember when my face was ever completely acne-free. After using this for only a few days, my skin is so soft and moisturized. It evened out my skin tone and my face looks like it's actually GLOWING. My acne is fading and I'm excited to see how my face looks in about a week or so. This stuff is amazing, I'm never ever going back to store bought crap.
To use this, I take a handful of plain oatmeal and mix it with warm water until it's soft and well... like oatmeal. Then I rub this all over my face and wash it off with cool water, then moisturize. My skin has never felt better.
I also used this in a mask with a tablespoon or so of organic honey. It's even better. I'm going to stick to washing my face twice a day with oatmeal, and the oatmeal and honey mask once or twice a week. I'll be updating on the results!!!
And to everyone who hasn't tried this yet, why are you sitting here on your computer reading this!?!? Go out and buy some oatmeal and try this - YOU WON'T REGRET IT :)

UPDATE: I have been using this twice a day, with an oatmeal and honey mask occasionally. My acne is fading and so is the redness, it's almost completely gone. I've also noticed that exfoliating before using this (I use a handful of sugar) makes a big difference. I've also been using a green tea and lemon toner and my skin has never looked better. I'm so happy I found this. Thanks MUA!!!

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by specialribbons

Oatmeal works nicely as a gently exfoliating cleanser. I only use this in the morning, because it is so gentle. When I use this consistently, my skin is softer and more hydrated. I follow this up with my aloe vera gel, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
I store it in a glass drawer in my bathroom cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by sofia2723

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this product as a cleanser, and it's just amazing.
Because of the oatmeal it provides a light exfoliation to your skin, not to rough, just enough to use for daily use.
After using this, I feel like my skin just looks amazing.
it's well moisturize (supple) and it looks like I'm wearing some kind of tinted moisturizer on cause it just does a great job evening out my skintone.

For acne prone people out there:
One of the biggest causes of acne is stress.
Oatmeal is a natural agent that helps relieves skin. (Aloe vera is a great one too). For the longest time, I had no idea why I kept breaking out, turns out, my skin was just stressed.

BIG CON:
It's a bit messy and I'm scared it'll clog my pipes, but a filter should solve this problem.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oatmeal is so freaking good for your skin!!! I was on YouTube and saw BubzBeauty's video on using oatmeal for your face. At the time, my face was dry, even though I have extremely oily skin, so I decided to try it out. And it worked! It moisturized my face a lot, exfoliated my skin, and cleansed it. It's like a three for one!
There was a bag of organic rolled oats just sitting there, and no one was eating it. So I took a hand full from it, wet my face and the oats, and started massaging it in to my face. After I washed it off, my face felt so smooth and soft, that there was no need for a moisturizer. I think people with dry skin should especially try this out too. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING OATMEAL TO CLEANSE YOUR FACE!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by enamaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this as a cleanser day and night for about 3 weeks now. I used to use the clarisonic, but i had a feeling that it made me break out at times :(

So I started using this oatmeal cleanser in place of the clarisonic. I love it. I have very very acne-prone skin.

What I've noticed so far:
-breakouts have been under control
-my pimples don't last as long
-my skin is softer than ever
-my acne scarring and sun spots are fading away

Overall, I love this stuff. It's not a miracle product to where I never get acne breakouts anymore. But it helps keep my skin under control :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just tried this as a scrub (per the bubzbeauty youtube vid) and had hoped it would work wonders for my sensitive, combo skin. As a teenager I had tried oatmeal as a mask and remembered liking it ok. And of coarse I love it for breakfast. Although it did make my skin feel softer and more moisturized, it also made my cheeks red and my skin burn slightly (esp. on my cheeks and around my nose). My skin feels a bit tighter now as well. My skin is wacky and reacts to random products (both natural and non-natural) so I never know what will happen until I try something. So, this wasn't for me, but I can see it working really well if you have dry, non-sensitive skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by treehugger222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love oatmeal--to eat and on my face. I usually only use it in masks, but I blended some up in a food processor (just to make it finer, like a powder) and started using it with my facial cleanser at night. Usually when I exfoliate with products, I break out like crazy, but with this, it's great. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by trishkai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this for breakfast. gives me energy