January 28, 2015 | 1825 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for three weeks as a cleanser. I use it at least once a day (am) and depending on what I've put on my skin or how my skin is behaving it is my preferred evening cleanser as well. If I've used ss I'll remove that first with Avene Cleanance gel face wash (and maybe follow up with oats if I want/have time).
I'm very surprised at how good this is. Very cheap and a litttle does go a long way. I'm sure the tub of porridge oats will last me months.
I really had low expectation of this as a face wash, and just thought this might be another internet hype/gimmick that does nothing for my oily/acne prone skin.
From the very first use I have felt a softness and eveness to my skin that I have not had in a long time. It is very gentle and seems to be very soothing. The level of exfoliation seems to be perfect for my skin. Any discolouration (acne scars etc) seems to be fading, and the texture all over my face is very smooth. I've gotten compliments, which hasn't happened in years. It doesn't feel too dry after washing, in fact my skin just feels 'normal'. It doesn't seem to have made my skin oiler, infact it seems to be a little less so (not sure if that's the oats).
Any new acne is definitely less red and the marks seem to be fading far quicker than before.
I feel that this might be a product suitable for all skin types (although of course ymmv - I read somewhere in the comments that some one had an allergic reaction to the oats).
A great great product so far and much quicker than oil cleansing (which I was doing before). A keeper.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ChanelLove07

I started using this for about 9 months now and I'm in love with it. I have a oily t zone and normal/dry skin everywhere else. I also had eczema and my skin gets rough easily if I don't use the right products and moisturizers. How I use this is after I cleans my face with the aveeno positively radiant cleanser, I get about a quarter of a palm full and hold it tight in my hands, I run warm water through it (still keeping my hand like a fist form so the oats don't run through) then I squeeze out the milky liquid and spread that over my skin first, it's amazing, then I gently scrub the slightly warm oats all over my face (I use it warm because it helps to clean the pores and it makes the oats softer). Then I rinse it off with blasting cold water to close my pores. Face feels soft, and radiant. I do the same thing but leave it on like a mask every 2nd day at night for about 15 minutes. My mum has complemented on my skin that it looks radiant. I believe it also helped cleared my skin. I had bad breakouts on my forehead during one time and just as it was clearing up I was using this and it really helped. Love it. I also have quite sensitive skin and it didn't irritate it. Just dont scrub too hard

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Missxhannah

If you haven't tried this yet.. TRY IT!
Purchased PLAIN QUICK OATS, nothing with flavor

This is fool proof! I've always been one to have a fancy for natural stuff on my hair/face. And i couldnt believe that I havent tried this only till this year. This product is versatile and easily mixes with other products. Keep in mind that this may react to peoples skin differently and I am sharing what works for me. Prior to using this I had combination skin. Oily T-zone, dry around the nose and mouth, and I have those annoying breakouts once a month

I've used this product in the following ways:

Cleanser: (first I blended this is one of those magic bullets and I store in in a tiny tupper wear that I leave near the bathroom sink) Grab a bunch and add water, allow it to soak up a little to get soft and milky. Then gently massage it into face

Mask: Oatmeal mixed with honey and some lemon juice, up to a consistency that you desire. Leave it on for 5 minutes. The longer you leave it on the harder it wil be to remove

Face powder: yes face powder! I blended this in the magic bullet (dry of course) intil it was a fine powder. After applying makeup I use this to set everything. I noticed that it kept oil away for hours and left a flawless finish. My mom even asked what I was using

Just try to see what works for you. The only down size it that it can be a bit messy. But thats all. Within the first use I've noticed that my skin looked clearer, dry patches dissapeared, face glowed, and it balanced out the PH levels.

Now after 3 weeks of continuous usage, I went from combination skin to normal skin :) Plus you save money with this instead of buying all those cleansers, masks, powders that has who knows what in them.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this at my local bargain store for $2. Unlisted, regular oatmeal. I mix it with milk and apply it as a mask for 20 minutes. My skin is so soft. I love it. I then use the excess to scrub gently after washing off the mask. Very gentle cleanser, my face feels clean without that tight feeling. Doesn't make my skin shiny and reduces the look of blemishes. Only thing I dislike is that it does cause some minor whiteheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Shiorin

I started to use oatmeal as a cleanser (got the idea from bubzbeauty) when I noticed that my cleanser that I had been using for 3 months had dried up my skin completely. It took a long time to realize why I had these tiny red pumps all over my face and first I thought it was my diet but it turned out it was my cleanser.
I have a combination skin and my skin was in a very bad shape when I stopped using my cleanser. I switched to oatmeal and after a week my skin had completely cleared out from the red pumps!! I would definitely switch back to oatmeal if my skin gets problematic but for now I'm going to seek for a new cleanser.

Pros:
-good for sensitive and dry skin
-washes off makeup
-good for problematic skin
-skin feels soft and clean after washing
-does not dry out too much
- very cheap!
Cons:
-makes me break out a bit
-can be extremely messy!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love. I've used it finely ground in face masks or in the bath, and I've also used it cooked to soothe irritated skin. Always delivers, and makes my skin very soft. I typically mix this with honey and milk for a soothing mask, and yogurt if I want my face to be brighter. HG!

Update 12/8/12: I'm still using this and loving it. I implore anyone who has irritated/problematic skin to use this. I have skin that is EXTREMELY prone to redness, irritation, and swelling, especially when I'm under stress. I'm also prone to acne, and using a face mask of cooked oatmeal calms my skin down SO much. I highly, highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by kmclallen

I will never be without a container of oatmeal in my bathroom!! This is the BEST scrub/mask. I put generic plain oatmeal which costs me $3.00 for a huge container in a coffee grinder, 1/2 a cup, just for a few seconds. Then in a container with a waterproof lid. I use just a small handfull on my slightly wet face and scrub all the dead skin off. Then I wet it on my face so it has this oatmeal film on my face. It kind of looks like baby food, I keep it on for a few minutes, I brush my teeth or change my clothes. It is a little messy when I rinse it off, but its worth it!! My skin is sooo soft and clean, the next day, there's no dry skin, my skin is not dry. This is not harsh, it does not break me out, love it! I will never need to buy expensive scrubs or masks, this does everything!! That $3.00 will last me years!!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ThePeoplesChoice

First off, I was skeptical I mean the thought of pasting Oatmel on my face rubbed off as a joke to me. Then I started doing research and decided to try it out.. and what I did was mixed water, oatmel, brown sugar and honey together. AMAZING results! At the moment my skin is horrible, especially on my forehead. I left the mask on there for 2 hours + and it helped alot. My nasty bumps were sized down way smaller and when I woke up the next morning they were gone and it did the same aswell for my chin. I'm persuading everyone to go out and try just oatmel and water and i'm sure the same results will apply! Everything is dirt cheap so why not?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love eating oatmeal, and when I started to go more natural with my skincare regime, I started looking more into oatmeal. I've found that it goes great in my homemade cleanser. If I have any makeup on, I remove it with coconut oil and a damp washcloth, then follow with this recipe:
1 tbspPowdered Milk
1/2 tbsp Baking Soda
1/4 tbsp Ground Plain Oatmeal
1/4 tbsp Ground Chamomile Flowers
I keep it in an old spice shaker that I have so that it's easy to get out, add water and use it like a regular cleanser for about 1 minute. It works great. I'm left feeling clean, but not tight. My skin looks so much better and so does my wallet. This is something that is a great addition to my homemade products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by prettypopy

low price, easily found at any store, but makes my skin itch and break out with hives. I should have looked at the less glorious reviews first before pouring these stuff on my skin. I got too excited reading all the great reviews here without doing a small skin test first. I bought pure 100% organic oats with no additives of any sort . I should have never experimented with this junk especially right before a wedding. It took a good 3-5 days to clear up and messed up wedding photos.