November 26, 2014 | 1316 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Chocolovers EDT

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by emlyn1

I really love Chocolovers perfume, but I can understand why it's not for everyone. On me, it smells like orange chocolate in this warm, spicy way and I get a lot of compliments when I wear it--but only from younger people! Let's just say it's not for the older, more sophisticated crowd. I have a lot of trouble finding perfumes that don't smell skunky after 15 minutes of wear, so for me this was a true find. If you suit warm, heavier autumn scents and you are a chocoholic, this perfume is definitely for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I really enjoy this fragrance. Once the fragrance settles, it reminds me very strongly of the discontinued L'Occitane vanilla perfume oil that was sold in the wee bottles. The bottle is kind of tacky, due to the large red hearts splashed all over it, and could stand to look more tasteful and a lot less "valentine-y." And although the fragrance is not for every day, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by jr_mint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mmmm! As a chocolate freak, I LOVE this product. Every time I wear it, I get compliments. The bottle is adorable too. I just wish there was a TJ Maxx in Canada, so I could buy it for $10...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a scent for everyone, but this smells like delcious vice to me. Initially I sniff a bit of orangey-chocolate-malt, quickly followed by musky-sweet pipe smoke. The dry-down is much the same, only the citrus is subdued, leaving me mostly with malt. I find this sweet, but (unexpectedly) not in a foody way. This is one of the ultimate comfort scents for me, but I do worry about people thinking that I smell like a smoking room.

notes: Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lily of the Valley, Coriander, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Malt, Musks. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

Sadly to me this is neither chocolate nor hazelnuts... I was hoping I would get some creaminess and milk chocolate scent in this, scent with a name like Chocolovers should smell chocolaty, and a fragrance with notes of hazelnuts and with a name like Chocolovers should smell like Nutella ;), but all I from this fragrance was orange, orange and more orange. Even when it dried down, still no chocolate in sight; and while this is not an altogether bad fragrance there is nothing that special about it either. I really like Pink Sugar however ;).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by FeatherHen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I ♥ it! I used to wear Angel all the time (which never really smelled all that chocolaty to me), but can't wear it anymore because my parosmia has changed what patchouli smells like to me and now I can't stand being within 20 feet of it. This scent has zero patchouli, but the combination of scents gives the illusion of its warmth.

This is a warm, sweet, and very chocolaty casual scent. The operative word being "casual". I wouldn't wear it to work if I worked in a high end jewelry or clothing boutique, nor would I wear it in court if I were an attorney -- but it works with what I do for a living.

The bottle is very plain (read chintzy). It's cylindrical clear glass with brick red painted hearts all over, and a brick red plastic cap with a brown heart on the top. I find the fragrance doesn't last long, and must reapply around noon. Keeping those two things in mind, I find the retail price of $35 + tax for 1.7 oz a bit of a rip. You can pick it up for around $20 a bottle (+ shipping) at many of the E-tailers, which is acceptable. Wish I'd have found it at Marshall's or TJ Maxx for $10 a bottle like many others here; but it's tough to find those deals if you don't shop at those stores! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love chocolate scented perfumes, body sprays and bath products. I had wanted to try Chocolovers for a long time, as the decription on the Sephora website sounded great. I admit I am not a person who can tell one fragrance note from another, but there is something in Chocolovers I don't like. It initially smells like chocolate when it is first sprayed, but develops into something I don't care for. I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2007 11:59:00 AM More reviews by CLisa

I also got this for $9.99 at Marshall's (it's something like $40 at Sephora) and like it. It's not my favorite fragrance - it's a little too sweet for me to LOVE - but it's nice. Kind of a light patchouli/chocolate/orange scent, good for the holidays when you want to smell like a spicy cookie. I like wearing this to work so that I can save my good stuff for all my hot dates. HA!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

I prefer light floral scents on a regular basis but for the holiday season (am writing this review in December) I thought I could go a little "foody." What better food to smell like than chocolate? I got mine for $22 @ makesgoodscents.com but wish I had know they had it at Marshall's & TJMaxx, but it is still worth it for me.
It's not just straight chocolate, but does have a vanilla & hazelnut smell with the faint smell of the orange on me. I have gotten a few compliments from it which surpises me even though I personally love it myself. Once it starts getting a little warmer though, I'll be back to my Perry Ellis Reserve, but will return to the Chocolovers in the wintertime.
P.S. I wear this with the Got2B Chocoholic Body Butter for an extra chocolate effect...call me crazy! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2006 5:14:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

I was so happy to find this at Marshall's for $10. I always love foody scents. The bottle is cute, and the scent is delicious. It really starts to smell good after it dries down. I almost want to eat my wrist, ha! I can smell the faint scent of orange peel, with the delicious chocolate.