September 2, 2014 | 1888 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - 309B Sheer Red

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by thejennator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love, love, love!

I'm fifteen and I was looking for a great, wearable read that wasn't too out there. This suits me(and my wallet) perfectly! I have very warm, tanned Asian skin and I think this looks great. On a scale of pigment, it's definitely better than my usual Dr. Pepper lip balm! It's a bit of a deeper red than I thought it would be(I bought it online at ULTA), but I love the way it turns out on my pigmented lips. It's kind of a berry red, really.

I would buy this over and over again. My only gripe is the packaging. I've got this pet peeve about nicked lipsticks and I hate how for most cheap-o drugstore products you can't wind down the lipstick all the way and you have to be extra careful when you put the cap back on. Other than that, for 99 cents, it is worth EVERY penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by stardust74

I think this is a great lipstick for the price , it's only .99 cents!!! I wanted to try a red lipstick , I always use neutrals so I didn't wanted to spend a lot. I read the reviews and decided to buy it.I am pleasantly surprised! Great consistency, no taste or odor, is moisturizing, the color is a pretty shade of red and is only .99 cents.But don't expect a sheer red because is a true red , very pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG! I will buy this again and again, and why not? It's 99 cents! It's a very "Gwen Stefani" red... that's the easiest way for me to put it. Goes on like a dream, lasts a long time, and has a great consistency - not too matte or shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow I love Sheer Red! Not too matte, not to glossy and a perfect substitution for my overpriced Ruby Sheer from Bobbi Brown. Yep, I have two tubes of those but, I never thought I could find a cheap sub. Actually I find myself reaching for this one more often than the BB. So, for 99 cents, give it a try. Bobbi's is overpriced anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

I have been getting into sheer reds lately and kept reading recommendations for N.Y.C. Sheer Red on the boards. Overall with this brand, the quality is sometimes "what-you-pay-for", but very reasonable for the prices. Still, I tend to overlook it unless there are recommendations. I wasn't impressed at first as Sheer Red seemed darker and more pigmented than I was expecting and applied unevenly. However, when I applied this over balm, this became a soft rose-red. This is very wearable and flattering for me if I use it over balm. I have very fair skin with lots of pink and pigmented lips for my complexion. The price is under one dollar. I buy New York Color at Meijer and it is also available at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this red! As other reviewers have mentioned, it is not too sheer or too matte/intense. I am typically uncomfortable wearing reds during the day (okay at night too!) but this l/s took away that fear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jsnack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! It's my new HG! It's the perfect neutral red for my light/med olive skin. Not sheer, which I like. But not thick and opaque either. Perfect consistency. No smell. Not drying. Love everything about it. Definitely repurchase over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by umfaisal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick! It is the perfect red. I just bought two sticks this weekend because it is always sold out in our local Target and I was lucky to find some.

And you can not beat the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great red lipstick - not too sheer, but not really matte and thick either - actually, I think it's just perfect. It's just a plain true red and no weird glitter, no smells, lasts very well, and it's cheap - actually it is perfect except for I hate the lid - you can't swivel it all the way down and I hate that - but overall, this is a winner and right up there with any expensive brand. I love NY Color lipsticks - they are really really good quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Like other reviewers have said, this is most definitely not a 'sheer' red. I don't believe this is a blue-red. If it were, I most likely could not pull it off. I'm a GGG nc40-42, and the only red lipsticks i have successfully used before have come from mac and nars. more specifically, mac dubonnnet, which is a very warm red. in contrasst, i believe this is a neutral red, with raspberry type undertones...I mean I can see this turning pink on me the second it begins to fade. I don't think I'll use this often, I prefer my mac dubonnet. But I am not too upset about it due to the price. It's definitely a wearable red, but not my fave.A bit too bright for my taste, and not a fan of the scent.