New York Color 309B Sheer Red

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Castor Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine

on 4/13/2009 3:40:00 PM

LOVE this!!! Firstly, the color is perfect for me. I am a gal who is fairish and yet has yellowish slightly oliveish tones and can not ever wear a red lippie. So this is my new fave for a night out or even during the day whenever i wouldve wanted to wear red. Since this is sheer, you get a little pink showthrough from your natural lip color, which makes it look like a verging on pink kind of red. It is very flattering and for a red very ...umm innocent and sweet. I can not think of any skin or hair colors this wouldnt compliment well. The formula itself is superior to many more expensive brands. It is not sticky, does not run, and stayed on a few hours (though it did fade, it was still looking good) through 2 coffees! The only problem i have is that the lippie, when new, doesnt go down very far in the tube so you must be mindful when placing cap on not to nic it. Small price to pay!!!

on 4/7/2009 5:21:00 PM

It's hard to be critical of a $1 l/s in a pretty color but I found the cheap packaging a pain (you can knick the whole thing easily while putting the cap on) and while the color is a dupe of BB's Ruby Lip Sheer on me the consistency is thinner, so it doesn't last long on my lips. It's a gorgeous color though; a clear, slightly warm red which contrasts well with my blue eyes in a pleasing way.

on 3/7/2009 8:29:00 PM

This really is a fabulous red lipstick at any prices, but especially at less than $2. It's slightly sheer, has a creamy moisturizing texture (nice for my dry-ish lips) yet doesn't run into lines, and is pretty long-lasting for its texture..

The red comes across on me as a true retro red. (Ironically, I was not a big fan of the Retro Red in the same line--too bright and orangy on my fair skin and light lips.)

on 2/8/2009 8:23:00 PM

I absolutely love this red lippie. The color goes on smoothly and feels great on. This has great staying power - especially when applied over a pencil. I always use a nude pencil with my reds to give more staying power but it doesn't detract from the color. This is a beautiful retro red color. I don't have a huge bleeding problem with this lippie, either. For 98 cents - how can you beat it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been looking for a good red lipstick for a long time, and I finally found it. This lipstick goes on smooth and makes my lips feel soft while wearing it. The color is perfect. It's a very "hollywood" red. Think Scarlett Johansson red. It's dirt cheap too.

on 1/26/2009 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you are looking for a great red lippie that isn't too intimidating that this is what you need to pick up. And what is really hard to believe is the price!! Not even a dollar! I will admit that I don't wear red lipstick very often but when I do this is the one I wear. I usually wear gloss but this product isn't very drying and has a great velvety feel. I've worn it all day without licking my lips once for it's not super shiny but still comfortable to wear. I love this and highly recommend it to anyone!!!

on 1/26/2009 12:01:00 AM

98 cents? You have to love it for that price. Can't say much about the color that hasn't already been said, it doesn't last to long on me but I love that it wears well, no ring around the lip, and it leaves behind a nice berry stain that does last for hours..... so I've been blotting it, cutting out the middle man, hehe. Anyway, if you're looking for a red, or not, I wasn't, pick this up!!!!! I got the retro red as well but haven't tried it yet, I'm not willing to cheat on sheer red yet. :)

on 1/24/2009 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love!

I'm fifteen and I was looking for a great, wearable read that wasn't too out there. This suits me(and my wallet) perfectly! I have very warm, tanned Asian skin and I think this looks great. On a scale of pigment, it's definitely better than my usual Dr. Pepper lip balm! It's a bit of a deeper red than I thought it would be(I bought it online at ULTA), but I love the way it turns out on my pigmented lips. It's kind of a berry red, really.

I would buy this over and over again. My only gripe is the packaging. I've got this pet peeve about nicked lipsticks and I hate how for most cheap-o drugstore products you can't wind down the lipstick all the way and you have to be extra careful when you put the cap back on. Other than that, for 99 cents, it is worth EVERY penny.

on 1/1/2009 1:17:00 PM

I think this is a great lipstick for the price , it's only .99 cents!!! I wanted to try a red lipstick , I always use neutrals so I didn't wanted to spend a lot. I read the reviews and decided to buy it.I am pleasantly surprised! Great consistency, no taste or odor, is moisturizing, the color is a pretty shade of red and is only .99 cents.But don't expect a sheer red because is a true red , very pigmented.

OMG! I will buy this again and again, and why not? It's 99 cents! It's a very "Gwen Stefani" red... that's the easiest way for me to put it. Goes on like a dream, lasts a long time, and has a great consistency - not too matte or shimmery.

Popular Lipsticks