July 26, 2014 | 1751 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my absolute HG.i'd never bothered with primers because i'm so,so oily it just seemed pointless.i stumbled on a review for MoM here and decided to give it a try because we had it in the house.oh my God.now i'm an absolute diehard fan of this.i'd put on my makeup and wind up blotting my face for the first time before i even left the house,and i'd have to blot and re-powder continuously throughout the day.with MoM i don't need to blot until early afternoon,and if i powder after i do it i'm good til evening.i was also thrilled this didn't break me out,i was worried about that since it controls my oil so well.
do yourself a favor and just buy the dollar store brand,it works just as well as the more expensive stuff.this also makes it an insane value since there are probably thousands of apps in a standard size bottle.a little messy,but since it's not designed to be a cosmetic what can you do.
i just can't say enough good things.absolute HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought a bottle of this (for my husband who was having stomach issues) at rite aid for about 6 bucks. Well it didn't help my husband, but I remembered reading about it here as a foundation primer. I figured "why let 6 bucks go to waste?"

So today I used it, put a little in the measuring cap it comes with, add a bit of water dip my cotton ball (or pad) in it and swipe all over my face. My skin felt dry and tight, I was a little worried, I don't like that feeling. Well I let it dry, wiped off any white patches and continued on with my make up routine. I have been alternating between Maybellines 24 hour superstay and Dream liquid mousse, but was having a hard time with oil around my t-tone breaking through on both foundations. Not today, I put my make up on at 10 today it is now 11 at night and my face still looks good, not perfect, but much better than without this product. I don't know if I would use this everyday as it does seem to dry out my skin, and I worry if I use this a lot, my skin will go into over production of oil, but for occasions where I really need my foundation to last all day (like my upcoming Disneyland trip), this will be my new primer. thank you MUA for opening my eyes to a product that I would have gone to waste otherwise! Would I buy again, yes, but I have so much and will probably use it sparingly it will most likely expire before I run out, but I will buy again when the time comes....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was expecting something amazing due to all the reviews I have watched/read but it was no better than my moisturiser (which is an oil controlling one). It works but I was expecting more. My skin is extremely oily and this only controlled the oil for a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by amybiotech

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

WINNER!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Who would have known that a laxative would be my HG primer? Shames all others. I have skin that's super oily/acne-prone/sensitive, so most primers that work end up breaking out. And the ones that don't break me out don't really work. Normally, by 10am I have to blot when I don't use this. But with MOM, no blotting until at LEAST 1pm.

Application: after washing, toning, and lightly moisturizing my face (and letting the moisture sink in for about 2-5 minutes), I blot off excess oil with a single ply of tissue paper, then shake the bottle to mix the contents up. I usually use about 3 drops and apply a super thin layer to my nose and the area immediately around it, a lickle bit on my eyelids, and chin. If I'm in a rush, I fan it for a couple seconds, otherwise I get dressed and let it dry on it's own. After that, there's sometimes some chalky residue if I've applied too much, so i lightly run a dry cotton ball over those areas and then apply my foundation/concealer as usual.

For my eyelids, I apply, dry, then put a little bit of MAC Paint Pot in Painterly over it, and BAM! Long-lasting, creaseless eyeshadow. I'm talking about "lasts through rain before the club, a long night of dancing, and pancake house afterwards" - WOW.

Although I've marked "Yes" to purchase this product again, a few drops goes SUCH a long way that it'll probably be close to the expiration date of the product before I have to buy any more..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by cpring

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This keeps oil at bay all night. I mix it with some water and then use a wedge to spread over my t-zone. Then I apply my foundation over it. It really is amazing to not have "shiny face" at the end of a wedding or some other night activity. I don't use this daily, just for special events weirdly enough. Just make sure to mix it with enough water or you'll get a white cast.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mouse1217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went to Dollar Tree and got a bottle because I wasn't sure if this would work or break out my face. Best dollar I've ever spent! I put it on after my sunscreen and then do my makeup and it's great! It feels nice, no smell, keeps my pores and shine in check ( I have combo skin), make up looks good all day and it's great as an eyeshadow primer as well. It doesn't look chalky although it will leave some white marks if it you don't blend well but they come off easy. No breakouts either!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by RTDsbb

i have SUPER oily skin. Other girls that tell me they have oily skin don't compare to the amount of oil i have on my skin. With that said, this product helped very little to control the oil. So really, this product didn't help my oil problem at all. Maybe this would help on girls with less oil production than I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by ramibinx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the Original Phillips brand of Milk of Magnesia and thus far I really like it as a primer. I have really oily skin and it keeps my skin from getting not at oily. I was really nervous about using this because after all it is a laxative and the idea of putting a laxative on my face did not seem appealing, but nothing seems to stop from keeping my face from getting oily. The product packaging has its upside and its downside. It comes in a huge bottle (since it is a laxative) so you get a lot of product for only a couple of dollars, but because the bottle is so big it's hard to use the product. I poured it into a smaller bottle that I bought from the 99 cent section of Target. Firstly, I wash my face and I don't know how much of the product other people use, but I use about a dime size. I rub it between my palms (like I would with lotion) and then I apply it on my face. It sometimes does leave white residue, but this can easily be wiped off with your fingers. Afterwards my face feels matte and my makeup is applied flawless. I've been using it for the past week and I've had makeup on all day and I've gone to dance practice and although my face gets sweaty my makeup is still in place. My face gets really oily if I do not use enough of the product, but if I use the right amount, I still get a tad bit of oil, but it's more like a natural shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by snarkywench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never considered buying this product until I read about its use as an oil absorber here on MUA. I have to say I was very skeptical but if it didn't work I wasn't out a bunch of cash so I grabbed a small bottle & set out to give it a try.

I've used this several times now and I have to say it's almost automatic for me now. After some trial & error I found what works best for me;

I bought one of those travel bottles (4oz size) & I mix up about 1oz MoM & 3oz purified water & use a cotton pad to dab it on my T-zone AFTER I apply moisturizer. After drydown there is a VERY slight white residue/film. I then apply my foundation (Philosophy Supernatural ABC) I have increasingly large pores & normal combination skin. This makes my pores virtually disappear (hurray!) & I don't have to use any powder or blotting papers for at least 8 hours. My skin also appears smoother & this *seems* to lessen the appearance of my forehead lines. I have not tried this with a liquid foundation as I don't own any atm.

I also tried this on my eyelids as mine tend to be oily & it works pretty well for that too!

BIG THANK YOU's to the person who first discovered it & to those of you that posted about it for me to find here =D