MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 3/23/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this color just as much as taupe. I've been switching between taupe and twig for years now. =) It's such a great color for my skin tone. I get lots of compliments too. It's this neutral, slightly dark, mauve-plum-brown color that's perfect for everyday use.

on 2/28/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is one of my favs as far as lipsticks go. I usually wear this with a smokey eye or just a winged eyeliner topped with mascara. Its very retro looking, pin up girly. The color reminds me of a faded brick. Its really a pretty color for a fall lip color.

on 2/13/2010 5:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

THis is one of my favorite darker colors. I tend to use this when my face is bare or when my makeup is subtle. I reach for this more than my other lipsticks.

on 2/7/2010 7:47:00 PM

My fav go-to lipstick of all time!

on 2/7/2010 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Beautiful color, and a great MLBB for me. I like that it's an actual MLBB and does not dissapear on my lips, I like to layer it with the smallest bit of gloss to help it stay put. I would buy again.

on 1/27/2010 9:57:00 PM

This was my wedding lipstick. I thought that it might be too dark in photos, but I'm in love with it all over again (eleven years and I just couldn't part with my original tube). It is a matte pink brown/grayish colour that reminds me of Angelina Jolie when she wears a neutral matte on her lips. It's that just bitten look. It is definitely long wearing and a bit drying, but I still love it. Not HG... but definitely a staple. High praise from a self-confessed lipstick addict.

on 1/18/2010 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I dont know why this had such bad reviews. It is a very popular color. It's the perfect brown/reddish combo. Looks great on most women, and they love it

on 1/18/2010 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Twig is a mid tone browny pink. It is neutral enough to be worn with many looks but I find that it's far too brown and makes me look too aged, I much prefer pinker lipsticks. Also, it doesn't have shimmer or glitter. I find the colour dense which is good but unfortunately the satin finish is much too drying. I much prefer MAC cremesheen Modesty. A similar browny pink but not so dark in depth as compared with Twig. Also, it's more moisturising. I won't buy Twig again.

on 1/14/2010 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I forgot that this is one of those lippies I kept buying because I actually used it up - every smidgen of it (I scraped every last bit with a lipbrush!). Until I found Fleshtone this was my go to nude l/s, I must have gone through 15 tubes of Twig over the years; this shade is that flattering. On its own, or with some gloss over it, it always got me 'love your lips' compliments from people. Too bad it's a tad drying, hence the 4 lippies.

on 1/14/2010 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Twig is absolutely my go-to natural color for those "no makeup" days. It is truly a MLBB color. It deepens my very pale lips to the color they SHOULD be, and allows me to add fullness and plumpness to them without it being obvious. It's a very subtle mauvy-rosy-brownish shade that goes with absolutely EVERYTHING. It's the best neutral I have ever tried--and I've tried literally hundreds over the years. Doesn't turn pink or brown on the lips, and stays on for hours and hours. Definitely will be repurchasing forever!

Popular Lipsticks