November 23, 2014 | 1561 users online

Scrubs - Kiehl's - Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 8:26:00 AM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this product and fell head over heals. I use Dr.Brandts Micro Derm Scrub in a Jar 1.7oz $75. I tried this one and it is amazing for me better then Dr.Brandts. It comes in a tube at almost half the price and my skin looked like porcelain and felt like a baby's bottom. If you are using Dr.Brandts call Kiehls and ask for a sample of this and trust me when I tell you that you will switch to this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2006 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Falafel_is_gr8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin is mid-20s normal-combo, oily in the T-zone with most of the oil clogs there and with occasional hormonal breakouts on one cheek/chin area. I had been cleansing with Caudalie instant foaming cleanser and alternated with Clarins Exfoliating Foaming cleanser (the orange one) and found that my skin would develop this layer of dryness above an oily mess. I had given up on having great skin without having to visit the facialist. Then I tried this. The scrubbing grains are so small, but offer such complete exfoliation that I am tossing out my Clarins. I have just started using this twice a week and now see smooth, radiant skin. It is as smooth as a baby's butt. The area around my nose is smooth and I have no clogs there. I use about a nickel size-squeeze, dot on areas of my wet face, and scrub gently (although you can get deeper exfoliation using a tiny bit of pressure) for about two minutes. Then I let it sit for 30 seconds and then rinse it off. Best when used in the shower as the steam opens your pores. My moisturizer absorbs so well after this and my skin glows. I gave it 4 lippies because this is a physical exfoliant and if you have sensitive skin, you had best not try this and go for a chemical exfoliant. (Next on my list is a at-home fruit enzyme peel for once a month usage.) The packaging on this is great! Sanitary, no fuss even when I climb out of the shower to have to get a squirt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2006 10:50:00 PM More reviews by tlconnau

This is a relatively new product for Kiehl's, and I first tried it as a sample (then tried it again, as a sample - they're wonderfully generous with the samples at my local Kiehl's). As a Dr. Brandt's Microderm In A Jar devotee, I was interested to try a similar product from a line (Kiehl's) that agrees with my sensitive skin (I use the "blue" line cleanser, toner, and moisturizer, as well as the detergent-free cleanser). This is an awesome exfoliating product, gentle, in a very neutral base (not drying, but not too creamy where it could leave a residue behind). You can control the harshness of products like this by using less pressure or scrubbing for less time. I do love Dr. Brandt, but when I run out (he lasts a solid year and a half with regular use) I think I will purchase the Kiehl's - it's only $40 compared to the Dr's $75, and I really like that it comes in a squeeze tube so that you don't have to stick your paws into a jar to scoop (I use this in the shower much of the time, and open jars beg to get a big splash of water in - please don't dilute my crazy $75 scrub??) After I micro-derm, I chase my husband around telling him to feel my face because it's so soft & smooth!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2006 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mimemy

Papaya scrub works better to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mollyinsf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked up a sample of this and tried it -- it's great. I am strongly considering purchasing it the next time I'm in the store. It does leave your skin red for a while after you use it, so use it at night and follow with the calming salve they give you with it. Keep up the free samples, Kiehls - they lead to purchases almost every time, at least with me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2005 1:17:00 AM More reviews by tkd314

just tried the sample package once...amazing! make sure you follow the instructions as this product seems to react immediately as soon as you put it on your face. squeeze a very small amount (larger than dime size, smaller than a quarter) if you have very sensitive skin, you definitely want to patch-test. i scrubbed and counted 30 seconds- washed off...my pores seem to have disappeared completely...skin retexturized! just like that. cant wait to do this again in a few days!! will followup if anything neg. follows. gotta love kiehl's and their samples

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2005 2:07:00 PM More reviews by CoolBritannia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used the sample and now want to purchase this! It REALLY retexturizes the surface of your face, and does leave it a bit pink right after so it's not for anyone who is the least bit sensitive. But WOW my face was glass-smooth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2005 6:54:00 PM More reviews by fallface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used several samples of this before deciding to buy it. I'm glad I found this product because it smoothes my skin and makes it look beautiful. I have sensitive skin too, so I'm very pleased I can use a dermabrasion product. I will repurchase.