October 24, 2014 | 1727 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

I decided to try this based on the rec of another poster who has skin very similar to mine and boy am I glad I gave it a go. I don't use much makeup but I do use physical ss which can be problematic when it comes to cleansing it all off. TTDOB removes every last trace without causing any problems for my dry/sensitive/mature/mild rosacea skin. I usually put a small amount in the palm of my hand, press hands together and it emulsifies very nicely. Then I apply to my face and rub gently for a minute or so. At first I used a soft cotton cloth after rinsing with water as I was somewhat afraid it might clog the sides of my nose as heavy products can do at times. After several weeks I realized all I really need to do is rinse well as I have had no clogging at all from this product. I use it in the evenings to remove ss and am really pleased with the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this balm. I bought it as a replacement for Emma Hardie's Moringa Cleanse & Sculpt which I didn't rebuy because I hate the crappy packaging of EH which disintegrates before the pot is halfway empty, for £35 that is outrageous.

The Clinique balm is significantly less costly at £22 ish for 125g (EH contains 100g for £35 ish). TTDO does a much better job of removing waterproof eye make up, in my experience, than EH. The texture isn't as creamy, silky and luxuriously spa like but it is so effective and my skin adores it, no reactions (my skin was slightly reactive to the highly fragranced EH during hormonal peak times). it also doesn't leave any filmy residue on the skin after cleansing (I use the hot cloth method with muslin).

It may look a bit basic in the pot, unfragranced, white, greasy, lardy looking, it doesn't appear all that glamorous but it is truly fabulous. If you have sensitive, reactive skin and are on the lookout for a reasonably priced, EFFECTIVE, attractively packaged cleansing balm, please give it a go. Pick it up at Duty Free and it's about £16!! Total bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on recommendations from others on MUA and I'm really pleased with it. I think I have got my perfect cleanser :) Thank you to those who suggested I try it!

I was struggling to find a good cleanser that wouldn't break me out or dry my skin out (so many cleansers did one, the other or both!) I've been using this for a couple of months now and it's an all-round winner.

'Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm' is fragrance-free and has a soft, solid texture, similar to that of Vaseline. I massage some of the balm onto my dry face and neck, then rinse off with cotton pads and warm water. The balm turns into a liquid oil when massaged onto the skin and then a milky liquid when rinsed off.

This product removes makeup/sunscreen really easily and thoroughly and rinses off completely, so no need to follow up with a separate cleanser. I've had no sensitivity issues or extra breakouts from this (I often get a couple of spots anyway.) My skin doesn't feel dried out either, just soft and comfortable after use.

I really like the tub packaging; it's sturdy and because the balm is solid initially there's no risk of any leakage. I wash my hands before I scoop it out, so I don't have an issue with it being unhygienic.

This balm is expensive (£20.50 in the UK), but I can see it's going to last me a good few months as you don't need a massive amount.

Would I re-purchase? Absolutely! :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The main reason I've bought this cleansing balm to try was, I LOVE oil cleansers, but i HATED when pumped into my palm, and when I try to put them on my face, sometimes oil drips down my wrist, which is so annoying for me. This balm is just like any oil cleansers out there, but in balm form. I scrap little layer with my clean finger and dot some balms to T part of my face. Then i rubbed them and they turn into oil without drippin mess. I save my eye area to last because I like to see myself in the mirror to see if I get all parts of my faces. When my face is cleansed, both of my hands full of melted balm-oil, I close my eyes and work my eyes then rinse them off :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm obsessed with this cleansing balm!

I bought it two months ago and am already half way through. Not bad for other products but this should last many months cause a little goes a long way... It's a balm that turns to an oil, melts away even stubborn eye make up with ease.

Kind of feels like a facial too, cause you can get a good massage going on with it. Rinses off with water, but I like to use a warm flannel or muslin cloth. Or when I've had a merry night a keep it buy my bed and use wipes! Bad I know, but at least I'm taking off me makeup.... :)

5/5! Love this balm.

I want to try the darphin one next, but it's much more expensive... we'll see!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually use my own oil concoction to remove makeup and then use Cerave Hydrating cleanser to remove residue. This combination has worked well for years, and my skin is in great condition. Now in my late thirties, I've expanded my skincare routine and use toner and a nightly exfoliator as well. It's a lot of steps, and sometimes at the end of the day I just want to crawl into bed and forget the whole thing.

I recently spent several days at a friends house and forgot my face kit. She share her Clinique Take the Day of Balm with me, and after my stay I can say that I'm hooked. It is the only cleanser I've ever used that quickly removes all traces of makeup without drying my face up like the Mojave or leaving behind a greasy residue. It leaves my skin clean and soft and radiant. My sensitive skin had absolutely no reaction to it. Yesterday I picked up my own tub and am pleased that I have cut at least one step out of my routine as this does remove makeup and cleanse all at once.

The texture is thick, but it spreads easily and becomes oil-like on the skin. Once you rinse with water, however, it is rinsed clean unlike most oils I have tried. Some people won't like the jar packaging, but I don't think the texture would work in any other medium. Besides, if you wash your hands and put the lid on immediately, the jar packaging shouldn't be a problem.

This is a fantastic product and one that I don't see myself ever straying from.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Nick169

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a disappointment! This did NOT remove my long wearing makeup like the woman at the Clinique counter swore it would. I used this dry on my face, THEN washed with my 3 -step foaming cleanser. Next, I used my 3-step toner, and there was STILL makeup on the cotton pad!
This product probably does wonders for regular wearing makeup, but does not do anything to long wearing foundation (Estee Lauder's Double Wear to be exact). I will be returning this VERY expensive container of waxy oil this weekend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

How can this be so different from the cleansing milk? That was really stingy and I couldn't use it even round my eyes - this stuff is amazing!

I bought this as a splurge as £20.50 is pretty eye-watering for a cleanser, however, I would buy it again as it is phenomenal.

Rubbed between the palms, it changes from a solid to a liquid which is smoother and easier to spread than coconut oil. It takes off everything really easily - even waterproof mascara and gel eyeliner. I use about a marble size, and then use a tissue afterwards. It doesn't irritate my skin, or my eyes. I was very very vigorous round my eyes due to liner and mascara but it didn't sting or make the skin feel tight or sore.

I know some people feel it is unhygienic, but it personally doesn't bother me at all. It's a lot easier than using any type of oil, and it does a better job as well. It gets things off more quickly.

I would buy this again as I love it - the price is the only thing to put me off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I am lazy about taking my makeup off, which is why this product is the BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO MY FACE. I now again have real eyelashes, because I am getting every last trace of mascara off. No need for eye makeup remover. I am continually checking the Clinique website to ensure that this product has not been discontinued. Understand, I have little or no product loyalty to anything but this. My skin hasn't looked this good in years. Every bit of foundation comes off gently, easily. The balm once warmed up transitions to a light water soluable oil, and washes off beautifully. Wonderful product. Can't recommend it highly enough.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by bobbywoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG makeup remover. Iíve been using it for a couple months now and its true love! I have dry, irritable skin and this is very gentle for me. I get none of the tight, dryness that I get from other cleansers. It comes in a big pot type container and is solid in form. I scoop out a bit with the back of a fingernail and warm it in my hands. It turns from solid form to an oily consistency which is then applied to the face and rubbed in. It melts away my mascara (I donít wear waterproof), long wearing foundation and sunblock. Then you simply rinse off with water and there is no oily residue left. Skin is left smooth, clean and hydrated. When I use my toner I get NO leftover makeup on my cotton ball like I do with other makeup removers. Great stuff!