December 19, 2014 | 1673 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by CaraDeedee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

You cannotttttttt use this product without a conditioner. Just don't try. Anyway, At first glance, this shampoo has a metallic white color and a weird gelatinous texture. It lather great, and paired with conditioner it makes hair soft and bouncy. Unfortunatley it does absolutely nothing for hair growth which sucks. It smells like chemical fruit punch which I kind of like. You get like a gallon of it for 3-7 bucks. Also, this stuff gets your hair CLEAN. It lathers up amazingly and really gets all the buildup out of your hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by fitspirationgirl

I started using this shampoo about a week ago; I love it! I purchased this product because of the many reviews I have seen of it doing wonders for the length. So far there is no build up and it has actually made my hair grow about a quarter of an inch. However it did make my hair very stringy on the first use, but I did not use conditioner so that can definitely can be a large factor. Once I put conditioner in the second day I had shiny, silky and very light feeling hair. The results have been the same throughout the week... very good,healthy feeling and rejuvenated. So yes I would recommend this product but I would recommend using a Good conditioner and possibly a leave in as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Courtneygroot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have bleached and coloured my hair blonde a countless number of times. Because of that and previously straightening it every day I found that it my hair just wouldn't grow . Just a few months ago I stopped using heat on my hair and instead of hair cuts , I would just cut my own slip ends. Just three weeks ago I started using main n' tail shampoo and conditioner. It dried out my hair like crazy the day after I would wash it (I was my hair every two days). My hair would Break off more then usual but it did make my hair grow significantly faster! I would suggest this product to everyone just to try it and see if it works for them !

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Marisa23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been trying to grow my hair out for a while now. I have always wanted to try the Mane n' Tail shampoo and never got around to it. Finally, I picked up both the shampoo and conditioner at my local CVS. I have wavy thin dry hair. My hair grows fast, but my ends always have damage. Needless to say, this product was talked up a big game but didn't do much for the health of my hair. The shampoo dried my hair out a ton, and left it a weird texture. It made my hair fall out also. I normally try to use sulfate free shampoo, because thats what causes hair fallout but I wanted to try this in my effort to grow my hair. In fact, this shampoo made my hair even more dry and made it SUPER frizzy. I will not buy this product again, and truly believe that it damages your hair more than it makes it grow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I'm almist done with my second bottle of this as well as the conditioner and have been using it for over a year. My hair is thick and grows slow and for the first 6 months my hair grew about twice as much as usual. I loved it! Now my hair isn't taking to it as much so after I finish the bottles I will be using other products and then coming back to this probably around winter. I really like it and it cleans my hair well and adds a lot of shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by efp182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using the shampoo, conditioner, and detangler every day for the past two months and I LOVE them. My hair has been growing significantly faster, almost two inches so far. My hair is also SO much cleaner looking. I have no buildup at all (I used to have to use dish soap to get my old shampoo out.)
Definitely not too drying, but not super moisturizing either.
I would recommend to anyone willing to give it a try. For now it is an HG product for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by OriginalSunshine

Lets just say my hair managed to shed a lot so much that it clogged my drain... Hair was left brittle and I will now have to buy hair extensions :( please don't buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by angelica6989

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not like it at all. My hair got DRY, very very dry, and did not grow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Nikovaa

So I may be one of the few where this actually worked on me.

I have wavy thick frizzy hair, when I started using this my hair was around shoulder length, after finishing the bottle my hair was halfway down my back, now my hair is literally touching my butt. btw I have a long torso.

Everyone always compliments on how beautiful and long my hair is (when it's straight), my natural hair is ugly and in need of a great moisturizer which I have not yet found.

Anyway, I would use this as the first thing when I hopped in the shower. I would wash my hair with the shampoo, then wash my hair again with another shampoo (anything from Garnier to Tresame) and then use a matching conditioner as my Garnier or Tresame shampoo.

The smell is not that great, yet it doesn't bug me that much because the conditioner will mask over it. The feel of it is gross but who cares its shampoo. It does foam up great and cleans ok. Which is why I used a second shampoo just to really clean my hair. But I do not lie when I say that it made my hair grow a significant amount in just 1 1/2 months. However, when I told my friends to use it they said they went through the bottle and didn't see much of a difference.

My theory is that I have thick coarse hair...just as a horse does, this was designed for a horses main and tail anyway. So which is why this may have worked on me. All my friends that tried it have thin straight hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by ladybugsspots

JUST NO! I don't get the hype, I wished this worked for me. This drys my hair, leaving it brittle. I cannot brush my hair at all, im not a fan of the smell either. The price is not bad, you do get a whole bottle but if it doesn't work, it's useless.