September 1, 2014 | 1877 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by HydrangeaBlues

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love sweet almond oil as a MU remover and also as a body moisturizer. I have combination/dry skin, very clog prone and I have hormonal acne controlled by BCP. Sweet almond oil removes my MU and SS like no other product does, I have been using it for quite a few time now. It's also great to use it before my face cleanser, in order to prevent my skin from becoming itchy and thight/dry, especially during winter. As a body moisturizer it works well, although if I use it alone for a long period of time, it starts to be less effective, I feel I have to switch to another product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by nothingreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I never thought it was possible, but this actually lightens my natural dark 'brown eyeshadow' circles. No other eye product or remedy has delivered, and I've tried many; my 'raccoon' eyes are prominent on my pale olive skin. Although I haven't tried any of the very expensive(I've seen $100+) eye treatments because I know it's not worth the $$ and won't banish the hollows underneath my deep set eyes, almond oil knocked all the others I've tried out of the park. This has made my dark circles at least 60% lighter. I apply a drop or two around my eyes at night(I put it in a small contact lens rewetting dropper bottle I found at a dollar store). My eyes are less puffy in the morning and this also helps lash and brow growth; I've had longer lashes since using this, not dramatic because I have stubby lashes but still a noticeable improvement, especially for my sparse eyebrows.

The first time I tried almond oil I used it to remove my makeup and put a generous amount(probably 3 drops)on each eye before bed. This combination lightened my dark circles 40-50% overnight! I saw optimal results after a week or two; now I just use this at night because I find EVOO is better at removing waterproof makeup, but for some reason using almond oil as both a mu remover and night treatment provided quick dramatic results. When I need a little pick-me-up I switch back to almond oil and I just wash twice to remove my eyeliner and mascara

Now that I've been using this for 3-4 months I figure my dark circles are as light as they're gonna get, and I feel pretty comfortable not wearing concealer in public, which is a first(I didn't wear undereye concealer on lazy or rushed days, but I wasn't too happy about it). My dark circles and esp. eyelids always had a tinge of purple to them as well, but now they've faded to a natural brown(genetic) Almond oil has made my life so much easier and I'm no longer a skeptic of anything that people claim will lighten dark circles(I read about this on many natural remedies sites). Try this! I never thought something I bought in the cooking isle(labeled sweet almond oil) would beat any other eye cream I've ever tried.

27 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've recently started using natural products for my face, namely oils and cold water, with a little Nivea (i use the cream on my hands, so if some of it will transfer on my face then that's 'a little') and that's about it.

I've been using this for two days only so i can't exactly deliberate on future happenings right now, buuut so far it has been exactly what my skin seemed to need. It drank it all up and asked for more.

I did the hot cloth thing in the shower and my skin turned softer and plumper than when i do it with castor oil mixed with olive oil (evoo); then i added a little more, especially around the eyes, and 'washed it off' with cold water to seal the pores. Lovely. I had two small zits on the forehead because of the period and i woke up with two spots instead, it healed them, woo hoo, and another zit, haha, a fresh one, that i attribute to the monthly period and not to the almond oil.

it gets absorbed very fast and not only this, i feel like it gets absorbed in a healthy way, it doesn't feel 'dry' on my skin, that sensation i sometimes get when using extra virgin coconut oil, that i have an oil slick on my face but my skin is still dry underneath (i get along pretty well with the coconut oil), well this doesn't happen with the almond oil.

I have the cold pressed version that is refined (unfortunately) because that's the only thing i could get here in Sweden at the moment. I got 100 ml for 40 crowns, which is 100 ml or 3.38 oz for 4 euros or 5.5 us dollars; it's not expensive but i can't say it's dirt cheap either. i am ok with the price, i just wish the bottle came with a pump or a drop dispenser, mine has it but it's on top of a plastic grate, so the oil pretty much flows freely. not a big deal but i wish it was different.

so it works well, i woke up with healed blemishes and hydrated skin, plump and nourished; i am going to use it on the eye area (dark circles and fine lines) and see what happens, so far it's been great and i'm very happy. It also shrunk my pores if you can believe it, they are still visible but significantly reduced, which i can't believe because NOTHING helped in this department, high-end or not, natural or not. wow. i am truly amazed.

my satisfaction also comes from knowing i am not applying anything fake, industrial or non-natural on my face, just simple raw almond oil that cannot harm me. if i am going to get oilier skin or pimples, well i will use it once or twice a week and that's that. i will keep it in my beauty routine no matter what, including applying it on damp body skin after showering, elbows, cuticles, even hair ends.

the hair story is amazing- after i purchased it, i opened the bottle to sniff it and see if it was scented and i wanted to apply a little on my hand. unaware of the grater under the drop dispenser, i made a little mess inside the pharmacy, and basically found myself with a lot of oil in my palm. i just slathered it on my ends and wooo hoo! shine, softness, my hair has never felt smoother at the ends, without feeling greasy at all. amazeballs! seriously, i am never going to purchase hair serum again, why bother? this is cheaper and more effective even applied on dry hair.

so this is my story with the almond oil so far. i will update this review in a couple of days- a week if significant changes appear.

Update 02/24: haha i think my skin is going to 'regulate itself' at some point! i no longer wake up with either dry or oily face, my forehead pimples have healed and i feel great. yesterday i used only foundation and creamy concealer after using 2 drops of AO on wet face, washed it off with cold water after massaging it into the skin and woo hoo. i didn't need to wear powder at all, my skin was glowing, no oiliness, no nothing, i was very impressed- suck on it, Laura Mercier primer! no more primer needed!. i'm still doing the hot cloth and oil cleansing thing three or four times a week and feeling great.
Happy Shopping!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sweet almond oil works wonders as a body oil (best applied straight in the shower on dripping wet skin, then carefully pat dry with a towel) Can be mixed with other carrier- and essential oils or simply used on its own. It is more expensive than my go-to EVOO but it also has a more subtle, nicer smell. It works better than most expensive lotions for locking in moisture and leaving my skin incredibly soft and supple. It can be used for homemade scrubs, mixed with some raw sugar and any essential oil... Such a luxurious and all-natural treat.
Any brand seems to do for my body, but Weleda's Almond Facial Oil works best for my face, for some reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Silmarien

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cold-pressed, organic Almond oil is my favorite carrier oil. I have fair, very sensitive skin and it's the only thing I can use for moisturizing when my skin is having a sensitivity fit (I get random hives from nothing sometimes, and it calms them right down). In fact I use it regularly. It's wonderfully emollient without being greasy or heavy, and has never clogged my pores. Just don't use too much, and make sure that your skin is damp when you apply it, like with all oils, or else it won't properly absorb. It's perfect for sensitive skin (in fact, it calms that minor uneven redness that seems to plague us sensitive types), the eye area (I pat a tiny drop to seal in moisture around my eyes at night), to add a little bit to your regular cleanser at night to make it more effective in breaking down makeup (think cleansing oil), and for using a drop or two rubbed between my hands to smooth flyaway hair (do NOT go overboard with this, though, especially if your hair is fine). It also works very well as a pre-shampoo treatment, an after-shower oil (smooth on a few drops to wet skin and pat yourself dry), and an eye makeup remover (I use it for removing regular mascara and liquid eyeliner and it works beautifully without irritating my eyes, which notoriously hate other oils). I get my Almond oil from Garden of Wisdom. They supply the little plastic dropper bottles as well which make dispensing the oil very easy and controlled. My favorite "mosturizer" is two or three drops of Almond oil mixed with a dime-sized dab of GoW's Immortelle Serum (I don't work for GoW at all, I just thoroughly enjoy using and raving about their products). For my sensitive skin, and for many other daily cosmetic needs, gentle, nourishing Almond oil is a regular staple in my beauty arsenal.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by SandraDCV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sweet Almond Oil is one of my favorite carrier oils, or even used plain. I also like Jojoba. I don't understand why many people on here are expecting this to clear acne. It isn't one of it's claims. You have to try different oils by trial and error to see which is most balancing and best for YOUR skin. Do some research and get to work! It is super moisturizing for the body to add some to your bathwater. It doesn't smell bad, if at all. Leaves skin nice and supple. Cured the dry skin on my feet and cracked heels. It absorbs rather quickly (for my skin type anyway).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by ADelicateFlower

I have been using almond oil off and on for years now. I really like the Aura Cacia Organics Sweet Almond oil. I just started using it again about two weeks ago and what a difference it has made to my skin! My skin is very very reactive and most things make me break out in a rash or cause a lot of reddening all over my face (I am fair to med skin). In addition to these skin aliments I have also been experiencing some serious acne problems for about a year and half now. And I have tried everything. Well, unfortunately sweet almond oil has not cured my acne (hence no 5 lippies rating from me) but it has eliminated my redness and caused no rash and moisturized my face better than anything else on the market. And a little will last you a long time. I like to put it on after I cleanse at night, then rub the excess into my hands and the ends of my hair. I also lightly pat with a face towel afterwards(no greasy mess on my pillow!)
Oh its also good at the ends of my hair, that

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by DebraSD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews here I was so excited to try this product. First of all, a little goes a long way and you should let it sit on your face awhile before going to bed.

When I first started using it, I felt some slight itchiness around the cheek and chin area, but I just blew it off to something new my skin was not used to. I used it for about a week and started to break out with painful cyst type pimples!

I might get ONE of these pimples once every 2 months or so, but 6 in one week is completely unheard of for me. I had no choice but to discontiue using this product. My face is still trying to recover from the terrible and embarassing break-outs I encountered.

I'm really disappointed about this because I really wanted this product to work for me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by klyle5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After what I read, I couldn't wait to get out there and buy some almond oil!! Found it in an Indian grocery store, as recommended in a review on this site. Loved it right away, BUT beware if you're not going right to bed. It's rough on the eyes (as any oil is)... blurs my vision right away, which drives me nuts, so I now use shea butter around my eyes and then the almond oil + shea butter for my face... the perfect combination! The things I don't like about the almond oil are (besides my eyes, which isn't exactly a fault of the almond oil... it's just being oily, like it's supposed to!) that is makes my hair GREASY! I wake up in the morning and my shoulder-length hair is a goner. I have very thick, healthy hair... in many ways, I'd think my hair would welcome the midnight treatment, but it doesn't. All the hair around my face looks greasy. Also my chin was drying out just using the almond oil... go figure.
SO my perfect skin regimen (thus far) is: in the morning it's straight shea butter... my eye makeup doesn't smear (which it always did with almond oil).... and at night it's shea butter with a bit of oil (but just shea around the eyes) ... great combo. Really softening, and I've seen SUCH a difference in my hands since using the almond oil (and shea). My hands were horribly dry... hated it! Now they're always so soft! I really need to put the oil in a little squeeze bottle or something that will work better than my having to dip my (clean) finger into the bottle over and over again.... just doesn't feel too sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This feels soooo good on my face!! It really is soaking in nicely and making my skin very smooth and even the color looks more even. I have been using it around my eyes and on my drier cheeks and have noticed a great improvement in the texture and condition of my skin...it's only been a few days and already awesome! Very happy with this so far!