August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sweet almond oil works wonders as a body oil (best applied straight in the shower on dripping wet skin, then carefully pat dry with a towel) Can be mixed with other carrier- and essential oils or simply used on its own. It is more expensive than my go-to EVOO but it also has a more subtle, nicer smell. It works better than most expensive lotions for locking in moisture and leaving my skin incredibly soft and supple. It can be used for homemade scrubs, mixed with some raw sugar and any essential oil... Such a luxurious and all-natural treat.
Any brand seems to do for my body, but Weleda's Almond Facial Oil works best for my face, for some reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Silmarien

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cold-pressed, organic Almond oil is my favorite carrier oil. I have fair, very sensitive skin and it's the only thing I can use for moisturizing when my skin is having a sensitivity fit (I get random hives from nothing sometimes, and it calms them right down). In fact I use it regularly. It's wonderfully emollient without being greasy or heavy, and has never clogged my pores. Just don't use too much, and make sure that your skin is damp when you apply it, like with all oils, or else it won't properly absorb. It's perfect for sensitive skin (in fact, it calms that minor uneven redness that seems to plague us sensitive types), the eye area (I pat a tiny drop to seal in moisture around my eyes at night), to add a little bit to your regular cleanser at night to make it more effective in breaking down makeup (think cleansing oil), and for using a drop or two rubbed between my hands to smooth flyaway hair (do NOT go overboard with this, though, especially if your hair is fine). It also works very well as a pre-shampoo treatment, an after-shower oil (smooth on a few drops to wet skin and pat yourself dry), and an eye makeup remover (I use it for removing regular mascara and liquid eyeliner and it works beautifully without irritating my eyes, which notoriously hate other oils). I get my Almond oil from Garden of Wisdom. They supply the little plastic dropper bottles as well which make dispensing the oil very easy and controlled. My favorite "mosturizer" is two or three drops of Almond oil mixed with a dime-sized dab of GoW's Immortelle Serum (I don't work for GoW at all, I just thoroughly enjoy using and raving about their products). For my sensitive skin, and for many other daily cosmetic needs, gentle, nourishing Almond oil is a regular staple in my beauty arsenal.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by SandraDCV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sweet Almond Oil is one of my favorite carrier oils, or even used plain. I also like Jojoba. I don't understand why many people on here are expecting this to clear acne. It isn't one of it's claims. You have to try different oils by trial and error to see which is most balancing and best for YOUR skin. Do some research and get to work! It is super moisturizing for the body to add some to your bathwater. It doesn't smell bad, if at all. Leaves skin nice and supple. Cured the dry skin on my feet and cracked heels. It absorbs rather quickly (for my skin type anyway).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by ADelicateFlower

I have been using almond oil off and on for years now. I really like the Aura Cacia Organics Sweet Almond oil. I just started using it again about two weeks ago and what a difference it has made to my skin! My skin is very very reactive and most things make me break out in a rash or cause a lot of reddening all over my face (I am fair to med skin). In addition to these skin aliments I have also been experiencing some serious acne problems for about a year and half now. And I have tried everything. Well, unfortunately sweet almond oil has not cured my acne (hence no 5 lippies rating from me) but it has eliminated my redness and caused no rash and moisturized my face better than anything else on the market. And a little will last you a long time. I like to put it on after I cleanse at night, then rub the excess into my hands and the ends of my hair. I also lightly pat with a face towel afterwards(no greasy mess on my pillow!)
Oh its also good at the ends of my hair, that

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by DebraSD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews here I was so excited to try this product. First of all, a little goes a long way and you should let it sit on your face awhile before going to bed.

When I first started using it, I felt some slight itchiness around the cheek and chin area, but I just blew it off to something new my skin was not used to. I used it for about a week and started to break out with painful cyst type pimples!

I might get ONE of these pimples once every 2 months or so, but 6 in one week is completely unheard of for me. I had no choice but to discontiue using this product. My face is still trying to recover from the terrible and embarassing break-outs I encountered.

I'm really disappointed about this because I really wanted this product to work for me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by klyle5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After what I read, I couldn't wait to get out there and buy some almond oil!! Found it in an Indian grocery store, as recommended in a review on this site. Loved it right away, BUT beware if you're not going right to bed. It's rough on the eyes (as any oil is)... blurs my vision right away, which drives me nuts, so I now use shea butter around my eyes and then the almond oil + shea butter for my face... the perfect combination! The things I don't like about the almond oil are (besides my eyes, which isn't exactly a fault of the almond oil... it's just being oily, like it's supposed to!) that is makes my hair GREASY! I wake up in the morning and my shoulder-length hair is a goner. I have very thick, healthy hair... in many ways, I'd think my hair would welcome the midnight treatment, but it doesn't. All the hair around my face looks greasy. Also my chin was drying out just using the almond oil... go figure.
SO my perfect skin regimen (thus far) is: in the morning it's straight shea butter... my eye makeup doesn't smear (which it always did with almond oil).... and at night it's shea butter with a bit of oil (but just shea around the eyes) ... great combo. Really softening, and I've seen SUCH a difference in my hands since using the almond oil (and shea). My hands were horribly dry... hated it! Now they're always so soft! I really need to put the oil in a little squeeze bottle or something that will work better than my having to dip my (clean) finger into the bottle over and over again.... just doesn't feel too sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This feels soooo good on my face!! It really is soaking in nicely and making my skin very smooth and even the color looks more even. I have been using it around my eyes and on my drier cheeks and have noticed a great improvement in the texture and condition of my skin...it's only been a few days and already awesome! Very happy with this so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been experimenting with oils for my face over the last year, with varying results (olive oil=greasy, jojoba=breakouts..). Sweet almond oil may have ended my search for a moisturizer. I bought the Now brand 100% sweet almond oil from Whole Foods, and have been using it for the last three weeks. I kept waiting for the breakouts to start - but so far so good. The difference in my skin is dramatic - not only is my crazy sensitive skin not irritated, my skin is smoother, moisturized, balanced. I barely need to blot my previously oily face during the day, and my makeup looks dewy and fresh instead of splotchy by the afternoon! This one is a keeper. And cheap too - 4 oz for about 5 bucks, and I only need one drop after washing my face. The bottle is a little unwieldy with the flip top, so I put it in a small glass bottle that has a dropper. How I use: after cleansing, I spritz my face with rosewater+glycerin toner (homemade, in a Target travel spray bottle), then pat one drop of oil on top of damp face. At this point, my skin feels a little wet/greasy but it all sinks in in about 30 seconds.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by nickyn

This is the best moisturiser. I wish everyone would give up their expensive anti-aging bullsh*t and switch to natural oils!
I use this at night maybe once a week, and then massage my face a little. then steam my face and rob a towel over my face.
since i do this routine i got perfect balanced face-skin.

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I bought this after doing some research online about natural products for dark under eye circles and sweet almond oil was one thing that kept coming up in many sites so I went to whole foods and bought some. I was using it for about two weeks and I didn't see any clear improvement but it was probably too soon to tell. I had to stop using it because I started to get clogged pores that turned into white heads just below my under eyes on my upper cheeks and nothing else had changed about my skincare routine and I knew it was because some of the oil must have slid down and caused my pores to clog. Before putting sweet almond oil on my face, I checked to see that it was a non comedogenic oil and one site confirmed that. But since then I have checked again and I found another source that says almond oil is comedogenic, which would explain my bumps. I would not use this again on my face because I am acne prone but I have used it in conjunction with coconut oil as a conditioning treatment for my hair which actually works well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No