November 28, 2014 | 1915 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know, I know. Olive oil as a beauty product sounds ridiculous.Let me change your mind! I started dabbing olive oil onto my face five days ago and it has worked absolute wonders. I don't have problem skin--just run of the mill combination skin and a pimple every blue moon (usually due to academic stress)--but my dark spots and acne scars are fading and I've noticed that my face looks less red, too. I have oily skin and was very hesitant to try this because I'm, well, slathering fatty oil all over my face, but it's super absorbent and doesn't make you look more oily or anything. Quite the opposite. Another benefit: IT'S CHEAP AS HELL and you probably have olive oil in your kitchen pantry right now! Go try it!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by skincarenightmare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading these reviews on this site about extra virgin olive oil and helping get rid of getting dark circles under the eyes I thought what the heck I have tried everything else. I applied it under my eyes just before bed. I now believe miracles do come true as the circles under my eyes have faded. After one week use the dark circles are non existent. Thanks to you all for the wonderful beauty tips. Keep the beauty tips coming.

ps Menopause has reared it's ugly head and played havoc with my facial skin. Extra virgin olive oil is now my go to as a makeup remover and moisturiser after buying nearly every product on the market including Rosehip Oil . I do get comments about how beautiful and young my skin looks and it feels so soft. If it was good enough for Cleopatra it is good enough for me.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by itslindsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

EVOO is a MIRACLE for my skin. This is an absolute HG product for me.

I have chalky, dry skin prone to flaking and dry patches. I've tried all sorts of moisturizers, serums, exfoliators, masks, etc, and nothing gives me results like olive oil does. After removing my makeup at night and cleansing my skin I just massage a little bit of EVOO into my face and leave it on overnight. It leaves my skin absolutely gorgeous and glowing. I notice less blemishes and reduced fine lines as well. I now get complimented on my skin all the time and always recommend it to people asking what my secret is!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by calooza

My country produces olive oil (Portugal) so we have very good quality here for cheap prices.

I tried last year but somehow i notice many clogged pores, so i stopped using it... I wasn't really sure it was EVOO causing those clogged pores. That time i massaged it on my face, go directly to the shower and after a few minutes letting the steam open my pores, i would use my regular cleanser.

This year, i tried Revlon Colorstay for the first time and i loved it. But as everyone may know, the big challenge is to take it off your face... So i reached for EVOO again, and never stopped using it. But now i massage it in my face, remove it with a paper tissue and the in the shower i use my regular cleanser to make sure i don't have any oil residue, and my pores are deep clean. My skin improved a lot, i have less blackheads. And no breakouts at all. Very satisfied.

It also removes my eyemakeup very well.

Very cheap and effective makeup remover :)

UPDATE:
I now use EVOO just to take my eye makeup off. I find that using it on my face was making me more oily... But it's a very effective makeup remover.

UPDATE 2: i stopped using it. They're better alternatives to take my makeup off (my skin is really picky, so i don't mind spending a little money if the product is really worth it).

Update 3: I use baby shampoo to take my eye makeup, and a makeup wipe to remove my face makeup (I don't use longlasting foundation right now), and it works really well for me.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by bedeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm Greek and Sicilian so naturally olive oil is common in my house. I have oily skin so wouldn't dare use this anywhere on my face. I have used it on my body before but I really dislike it because it doesn't sink in well and makes me a little itchy. I've tried it to remove mascara and although that works my eyes sting like crazy. However, EVOO is my all time favourite dark hair conditioning treatment found from the David Suzuki website. I mix 2 parts honey to 1 part EVOO (usually I do 2 tbsp honey to 1 tbsp olive oil for mid length hair) and leave it in my dirty hair for about 5-10 minutes. I find I like the honey mix because it keeps it sticking in the hair so oil doesn't get everywhere and it's a similar pH. You can keep this mixture for a few months in case you have extra. It takes 2 shampoos to get out. I haven't conditioned afterwards but I'm sure if you feel, you can. My hair is incredibly smooth, shiny, and easily tamed after and I live where there is extremely hard water. Basically it works because EVOO can penetrate the hair shaft and honey as humecant attracts moisture. I can leave my hair unwashed for a full 3 days whereas I'm an everyday washer otherwise. I try doing this at least twice a month. This is an HG treatment for me. I have some raw honey I want to get rid of so will try that next time and heat the two together to mix a little better. My friend who is Egyptian with coarser hair than mine loves leaving olive oil in her hair overnight with a towel wrapped around it. She's got such a great head of hair. Definitely worth a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by kahzoo3

I mix sugar and evoo into a paste. Then I put it into a baby food jar. Now I have a great hand or facial scrub that leaves my skin feeling so soft and dewy. It's cheap, organic & great!!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed0327

I just washed my face with evo because I had three pimples that are quite big.i used it massaged it all over my face then rinsed with water.then I use a facial foaming cleanser from ponds and that was it, and just after an hour my pimples were FLAT! I'm gonna use this again tomorrow and the next days and see what difference it could really make on my skin.just try it out n trust In it.:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I rub 100% pure and organic olive oil on my body right when i get out of the shower. The trick is to dab it on when your body is still moist (not wet) from the shower. When applying it on moist skin it absorbs into the skin and locks in hydration. After doing this trick for 2 weeks i have noticed a great difference in the way my skin looks and feels. I even sometimes use a small amount for eye makeup remover and it takes my mascara and eyeliner off perfectly. There are many different brands of Olive Oil and it doesnt really matter which one, as long as you are getting 100% pure extra virgin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by JennaDearest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

On my dry skin and dry hair, this is a godsend. I rub a nickel-sized amount between my hands and use it on my chemically high lighted, waist long, thick hair after I shower. It helps moisturize and really feels like it sinks in! For you ladies that use protein treatments on your hair for strength, I highly recommend using something as moisturizing as EVOO afterwards to bring back elasticity and prevent brittleness!

For my body, I use EVOO almost exclusively. It's excellent when I shave my underarms and legs, making razor burn a thing of the past! I rub this on my arms, legs, and decolletage after I shower and while it takes longer than a lotion to soak in, the moisturizing powers are unmatched.

As for my face, I'm a bit on the fence. Yes, it removes makeup like a dream, but I found that the pores on my nose became congested and looked larger after doing the oil cleansing method for a bit over a month. I still remove my makeup with EVOO by treating it like a cleanser but then make sure to follow up with a traditional cleanser afterwards. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Besides cooking, I use olive oil as a hair masque once a week. I have bad split ends and dry hair from repeated heat styling, but I'm trying to grow out my hair. I use olive oil every week to help moisturize and protect my hair, keep my scalp healthy, and make my hair soft and shiny. I bring a little bowl (probably 2 tbsp) into the shower with me and dip the ends of my hair in it. I apply some to my fingers and comb them through the rest of my hair, then pour the rest over my head and massage into the scalp. Then, I rinse it out and shampoo/condition as normal. Afterwards, my comb slides right through my hair. It's smooth, soft and shiny but not greasy at all. Love it!