October 24, 2014 | 1742 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by DameEmma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hate to rain on the parade, but this has a peculiar tar-like scent underlying the lemon that I find unpleasant. It's also quite sticky. I used it up, but wouldn't repurchase. I think that Lush is pretty bad for "greenwashing" its products--I prefer Burts Bees, which only has oils, wax, and lemon scent, this one has parabens. But my one true cuticle love is Nubar Cuticle Care oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by darlingnikki15

There are no words for how much I love this stuff. LF smells exactly like fresh lemons. I work in a pretty cuticle unfriendly environment so I need major moisture at the end of the day. This is IT I swear it is a permanent part of my purse. It starts off more solid but melts quickly from your body heat and the tiniest bit goes a long way. Soaks in really quick and is only greasy for a couple of minutes. I can see how the smell would bother some its strong, but give it a try it is definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best cuticle butter I've ever tried. I totally get the hype. At first I was sceptical, why would it be so much better than all the others? Well, I don't know why, but it really is. It simply just does a much better job than anything I've tried and I've tried many, TBS, OPI, Burts Bees, Sally Hansen, pure almond oil, etc.
When I used other cuticle products I would apply them multiple times a day and I would still always have some dryness. With LF I noticed a huge improvement after using it just once and after a couple of days (of using only once a day) all the dryness was gone. I've been using it every night for months now and my cuticles have never looked better. My nails look a lot better as well.
The product itself is very fluffy. It's not an oil or a regular cream. I like how easy it is too apply because of this fluffy texture. The Burts bees balm is kind of hard to get out of the jar, you have to warm it up first. And oils are too, well, oily and slippery. This is just a nice fluffy cream. Once it's on it will feel a little oily but it sinks in faster than pure oils.
The packaging is fine. It's just a jar and it functions properly. It closes well and the product doesn't spill.
The price is right too. It's 10 euros for a whole lot of product. If you only use it on your cuticles you probably wouldn't even be able to finish it within the expiration date (1 year). I use it royally and often put it on my entire hands, not just the cuticles. I've had it for around 4 months now and I used up a little less than half of the jar. So if I keep this up I will actually just finish it up before the expiration date. I didn't think I would when I saw how much product was in there, but I love it so much that I use it religiously. 10 euros a year for amazing looking cuticles is not much imo.
So my overall conclusion is that this is a fantastic product that's well worth the price. I will definitely repurchase.
Update: finished a whole jar in 6 months & bought a replacement. HG. (:
So it's more like 20 euros a year now, but I use it on my entire hands every day. Still worth it.
Update 2: I've stopped using this for a while because I was very busy and stressed, and my cuticles looked soooo bad! After applying this again for a couple of nights in a row, they look 100x better. This product is amazing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

You know what? Definately give this a try if you care about having soft and moisturized hands and cuticles. At first, I used to spread this all over my cuticles, which I found very time consuming and bothersome. After a while, I got sick of doing this so I nearly stopped using this altogether. Now, what I do is that I layer this all over my hands, nails and cuticles along with TBS hemp hand cream, which is my go-to, favourite hand cream for the winter time. Since this butter is so good for cuticles, I don't see why I'd keep myself from applying this ALL OVER, why not?! This now works like a charm for me. It's not too pricey considering the tiny amount you need to use (probably a pea-sized amount to cover both hands). I'm sure my container will last me a long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by modegirl12

I bought this cuticle cream recently and I think it works great! It's creamy and absords well. I warm it up a little by rubbing it before applying. The only issue that I have noticed is that it dried out my skin a little around my fingertips. I might have used it too many times in one day, so now I have cut down my usage to no more than twice a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by dawnmarieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dry, peely disgusting cuticles, and after reading about Lemony Flutter for months on the internet, I finally got it as a Christmas gift. The instructions say that you can use it on dry elbows or other body parts, which explains why the tub is so huge... long story short, it lives on my night table now. People seem to think that LUSH is overpriced and I tend to agree but if you have less than perfect cuticles then this butter is definitely worth it. It smells wonderful and you can feel results instantly. Awesome product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Pricey, yes. Long lasting. YES. So it evens out in the end. I like the scent and find it quite relaxing to massage this into my nails & cuticles. Sometimes I use it on elbows or other random dry spots. This is a simple product that does exactly what it says it will. If I ever run out, I'll buy more. Bonus true story: my fiance proposed to me right after I rubbed this into his cuticles one night.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by beaumamselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works not only great on my cuticles and nails but also on my dry elbows and especially dry knees. You only need a little of the cream, which turns into an oily substance when melted. It smells delicious like lemon merinque pie!

This is, together with the vanillary solid perfume and powder, my favorite product of Lush that I tried so far.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

another product that is hard to review.I am not sure what I feel about this one.After hearing all the rave about lemony flutter,I knew I had to get it.My nail care is as important as my face care since I am a nail polish junkie.Lemony flutter,a new addition to my nail care family,looks like a nice product but I am not totally convinced that it does the best job at keeping my cuticles moisturized and soft.This stuff is really greasy,so I prefer putting it on before I go to bed.it doesn't get absorved super quickly.It feels fine but the effect wears off.I believe that the super greasiness makes you feel like your cuticles are getting better when they are actually covered with the oil.it works nice on feet,toes and lips but the result is the same.no long lasting goodness.
I love the smell and find the price decent considering the amount of product it carries.Will I buy again? yeah,'cause I enjoy using it but is it the deal breaker for me? No,it is not.I will rely on my orly cuticle cream and mavala cuticle oil as my HGs.lemony flutter is nothing miraculous for me but still I like it as a multipurpose product and it's worth checking out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I love this stuff, its my HG cuticle cream. It is very moisturizing, and pretty much instantaneously so. Upon application, your cuticles will look better immediately no matter how dry and it soaks in within minutes though initial texture is slightly greasy. It might seem expensive but really for the size, its not. It will last you until it expires, which for mine was maybe within a year or two. Compare that to the Burtsbees one which is about half the cost but then its a fraction of the size. Plus, this really is the best cuticle cream out there. If you read the extensively lengthy ingredient list, you will see all the wonderful ingredients in it and know that you're totally getting your money's worth. Also makes a great cream for dryness in general. I put it on the elbows, knees, really dry areas in the winter.