January 27, 2015 | 1369 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh sugar, how I love thee. You make my coffee sweet, my cookies delicious, my skin divine.

At any given moment on the edge of my bathtub is a sticky little bowl where my sugar was from my previous shower.

Basically I mix it into any body or face wash to turn it into a scrub. The great thing about white sugar is that you can't scrub too hard... because it will dissolve faster than you can irritate your skin with it.

My favorite thing to do is to drizzle olive oil into a cup of sugar... just until the sugar is saturated. Scrub all over in a steamy shower... absolutely fantastic.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Ellaryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great hand and foot scrub! A combination of brown sugar, extra virgin olive oil and optional honey and/or essential oils really make a fabulous hand and foot scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by bambilion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

The other night I mixed brown sugar, honey, and olive oil in a cup and took it to the shower with me, turned the water off and scrubbed everywhere. I followed up with lotion and my skin has never felt this amazing, or looked so smooth. I LOVE THIS SCRUB!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Fashionteengirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

omg i just tried this out after reading the reviews i havent heared of using sugar as a scrub i had only heard of using salt.
i decided to use both brown and white sugar to see what it did and used warm water to wet my face then adding the sugar in circular motions on my face love it skin feels soft and smoothe!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I have very dry skin generally from using benzoyl peroxide and aha for my acne and I need to scrub at least every other day. I tried using sugar a couple of times but find that the granules are just too big and too coarse. My skin felt irritated and slightly red afterwards but not very exfoliated at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by kaleidoscopic

Makes my skin feel like a baby's bottom. Most people have sugar in their house, and it is very easy to find. :P It also melts off easily with warm water so that's a plus too !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by pupster

I have used sugar with olive oil for years now on my hands. I then follow up with lotion. This is a much cheaper alternative than other "exfoliating" products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by DeadNinjaPixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. I bought plain regular sugar and use it once a week. It makes my skin super soft and feels great. I use my yogurt mask right after and my skin feels AMAZING. The way that I use it is by mixing it with baby oil and pat it on my face. Then I wet my finger tips and gently scrub it away. This is the third exfolitating tecnique I've tried and it works the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by steffels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

omg. This stuff makes my skin so soft! I mix half a cup of plain white sugar, a squirt of honey and enough EVOO until it makes a crumbly paste. I massage it over my body in the shower and when I get out my skin feels sooo good. And if i'm scrubbing before going out, i'll spray some of the perfume i'll be wearing in the mixture which helps keep the scent going for the night to come. *sigh* love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

This is amazing! I am a prescription retinol user and retin-a has practially cured my mild acne but i allways felt like its a trade off because my skin allways seems to be peeling off, like litterally if i rub my face lightly with my fingers skin balls off. So to get out of this damned if you do and damned if you don't place, I tried decreasing my retinol usage, this helped with peeling but not as much as a would have liked and I broke out more. I tired many moisturizers to take care of the peeling, they ethier didnt take care of it that well or if they did they also broke me out. so it would seem that I'm doomed to have broken out skin or constantly peeling skin. I finally figured out i need an exfoliant to take care of the peeling because any moisturizer heavy enough that to take care of it would lead to massive breakouts. Then i figured out that this couldnt be a chemical exfoliater aha/bha would deactivate the retinol and possibly irrate my skin causing dryness and perhaphs further peeling. so I needed a manual exfoliater with no actives. I tried so many and they were all loaded with clogging and irritating ingridents not to mention unnecessary dyes, preservatives and fragrance and most of them eneded up making the problem worse. I even tried wash cloths and microfiber cloths they were a pain to use and required a lot of effort for a little exfoliation. then out of desperation one night I tired this. finally something to take care of the almost dooming effects of retin-a!
BL : natural and cheap is great but I am not the type to sacrafice quality over price, or effectivness over all natural. If a tube of sugar was 30$ and was the most manufactured processed , preservative filled product I would still use and love it, all because it is simply the best exfoliater I have used. My skin hasn't felt this soft since I was fourteen