September 30, 2014 | 1702 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Foundation Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by smallvillejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder foundation makes my skin look flawless. My skin is far from horrible, but it's nowhere near perfect either. I have discoloration, and old acne scars. This, on top of my MUFE HD Foundation or Revlon Colorstay, evens everything out and just gives me a great glow. I have combination skin and I don't mind putting on a really matte powder, because my oil starts to show through after awhile and I kinda like a little bit of that dewy look. I'm an NC42 and wear No. 7. NOT No. 6 though, that looks greyish-red on my face. Weird. My only gripe with this product is how little of it there actually is! I constantly try to find other products that will meet up to this and are more affordable, but alas...I'll shell out the $40 for a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 8:48:00 AM More reviews by CyGraham

I am very pleased with this foundation/powder in one. It's a little bit on the expensive side, but you really get what you pay for when it comes to this makeup. I use it with the sponge and wet it to apply as a foundation, then let it dry and finish as a powder. It has buildable coverage and it is really great to control shine all day long. I have this color in No.4 which is a tad too dark for me, but will continue to use until gone and then purchase No.3. It gives me a very clean, flawless look and it does not break me out one bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Operadelain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a little unsure about buying this product because of the price, but I'm am SO glad I did. I've been looking for a powder foundation that could give me the little bit of coverage I need for my red-toned skin. I purchased this in No.1 and while it looks slightly on the yellow side, it is darn near perfect for my ultra pale skin. It may be just ever so slightly on the dark side, but that is hardly noticeable because I don't wear a ton of it. It helps to hide the redness in my cheeks without looking obvious. I've been using this a good 3 months and have not experienced a breakout from it which is a miracle for my skin. I will repurchase when necessary but it seems to be lasting me quite a while. I've applied it with the puff it comes with and a MAC 187 and both give a very nice finish. It doesn't completely control oiliness, but nothing does that for my skin. Overall I am very happy with this product and thrilled that I have something that evens out my skin tone yet still looks pretty natural on me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

im not sure if i will buy this again. theres not a whole lot of product for 40 bucks. and the compact is fragile and the powder can break if not handled w/ care. i love no.5 which was a perfect match for my nc35 skin. med- full coverage but no matter how i applied it my nose always appeared shiney. not oily just dry but shiney and i was not satisfied and went searching for something else. *edit i used this for 3wks and had tiny little blackheads on my chin, cheeks, nose, and under my eyes. and i never had them before, ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by alicebignami

Great powder foundation. It feels light on the skin (it is finely milled), covers well, looks natural, does not cake, does not set into pores/lines, does not give me any breakouts.
    I pat it dry, with the sponge included, on top of LM Illuminating tinted moisturizer (bare radiance). In my opinion it works particularly well with the above mentioned tinted moisturizer, because I get a soft mat, not dry, not cakey finish, but I need to touch it up at least once during the day. The colour I chose is no.3 which is slightly darker than my skin tone if applied on a standard moisturizer but it looks right if applied on the illuminating tinted moisturizer.

EDIT: I bought shade no.2 as well and I think that it looks better at least now that it is winter and my skin is paler. It is slightly lighter than shade no.3 and not as yellow. I have also tried to apply it with the puff included, by patting the puff on the powder and then on my face and the result is very natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by pinkykathy

It looks really good. Coverage well but i think it's too matt for me. and it's too thick for me. The design for the package is not that good, i mean it's too huge for the amount of what you really have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Blondie4445

Ok all I have to say is this stuff is seriously awesome! I have been on the lookout for a good powder foundation with just the right amount of coverage, to wear over my LM Silk creme foundation! I don't know why I didn't try this earlier on! I have seriously tried almost everything! With this my face never got shiny I didn't have to touch up one time the whole night and it was on for seriously like 8 hours! this stuff beats out anyother product with its flawless look and perfect coverage natural and not cakey!!! I wear it over my LM Silk creme foundation and it looks flawless!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2008 8:48:00 AM More reviews by chessablue

I love Laura Mercier in general. I think her products are beautiful and well-conceived and her colours are genius, particularly the foundations. I am so pale and really have trouble finding powders that look true on me. This powder was a HUGE disappointment.

The good: The colour was great.
    The bad: The compact itself was clunky, which is really strange considering you only get .26oz. Nars gives you .4 in a package that's roughly the same size, while both Clinique and Givenchy give you .35 in smaller packages. Is the huge compact meant to fool you?
    The powder goes on very dry. It blends easily so there are no harsh lines, but the dryness of the powder means it always looks like makeup, not flawless skin. I tried experimenting with different moisturisers, but it always looked dry fresh on the face. It clung to dry spots and within an hour or so, made me even more dry. As the day progresses, it gets worse. It seems to separate and just kind of sit on top of my skin. It pools into weird powdery zones and when I try to blend it back into my skin with my fingers, I'm just left with white streaks on my face. I couldn't wait to get it off at the end of the day.

I kept experimenting because I couldn't believe LM would put out something so disappointing and the positive reviews here were so encouraging. I guess this just isn't for me. I don't know who this would be good for - maybe someone with oily skin who needs a foundation to absorb and control oil? It's definitely not for someone like me, who has combo skin and just likes powder for its convenience.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by yaya21

Ive used this foundation for only a couple days, so i will update as more time has passed. I was looking for a replacement for my studio fix powder foundation which wasn'y blending in the way I liked and realistically was not a great color match. I am a NC35 in mac and purchased the Laure Mercier foundation in No. 4 and it is a very good match. I also purchased the make up forever duo mat powder foundation at the same time to compare each. The make up forever blended like a dream and provided good coverage, but it seems my oily skin prevailed as the makeup seemed to disappear in a couple of hours. But i have to say in pictures, aside from the oiliness, my skin looked flawless, which it is not! I then moved on to Laura Mercier which I found to be a little difficult at first to blend in and that was my fault because I did not let my moisturizer fully sink in, once i did, the application was beautiful and just as seamless as the make up forever. The foundation also lasted my normal 8 hour work day. Yes, i have to blot, but that is a given with my oily skin. Even though i have oily skin, I use benzoyl peroxide products and salicylic acid products, so there are some dry spots that I have to watch out for. I am so far really happy with this foundation because it gives a nice overall appearance and lasts much longer than others that I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Kristy143

I JUST bought this right now at sephora (after returning my clinique i put that money towards this after hearing such great reviews on it).. I heard even the stars wear this makeup! I was ALMOST going to buy the NARS foundation powder but a lady came up to me and told her she broke out really bad from it and i should try LM powder..... anyhow, i just put it on using the white puff that comes in the box and it looks awesome. it covers amazingly but looks like silky almost......and i dont have great skin so i need full coverage and i have very oily skin.this powder even made my texture of my skin look great. And even though the pirce is a bit steep i think it may be worth it?? so far so good........ . I'll add more when i wear this during the day and tell how it holds up. <3

*EDIT: Its been almost a week since i bought this and i still am amazed. Very very pretty powder , alone OR over foundation. it does an outstanding job at controlling oil. and the color is pretty much exact! no break outs. *keeps fingers crossed* ^_^