Estee Lauder Individualist Natural Finish Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Estee Lauder Individualist Natural Finish Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] GLYCERIN [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] PEG-10 DIMETHICONE [] DIMETHICONE [] QUATERNIUM-90 BENTONITE [] SILICA [] OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] PHENYL METHICONE [] PROPYLENE CARBONATE [] LECITHIN [] C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATES [] POLYSILICONE-11 [] SODIUM CHLORIDE [] TRIFLUOROMETHYL C1-4 ALKYL DIMETHICONE [] POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE [] HEXYL LAURATE [] CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE [] LAURETH-7 [] XANTHAN GUM [] MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE [] TALC [] NYLON-12 [] ALUMINA [] DISODIUM EDTA [] SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE [] SORBIC ACID [] CHLORPHENESIN [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] [ /-(MAY CONTAIN) MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947) [] ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007) [] CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289)]

on 3/23/2006 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It's a creamy foundation that covers anything and leaves you with a flawless finish which looks very natural. It feels a bit heavy on the skin though. Lasts all day and does NOT turn oily on my combo skin which surprised me.
Unfortunately it was apparently too heavy as my skin broke out big time!! =( This is probably best for dry skin. I would not repurchase.

on 3/14/2006 5:53:00 AM

Being married to a great guy who absolutely hates "paint" as he calls it, i was looking for a foundation that made me look good without being too made-up (aren't we all??) This one does the trick, it evens out my skintone and makes it look radiant (other made me look grey and sick). I hate it when a foundation leaves a powdery look behind and this one doesn't. I apply it with a foundation brush and only have to use very little to cover the red in my face. Careful thoug if you apply it with your fingers.. it dries rather quickly. And the hubbie... he just notices the mascara and eyeliner!!
Have to say plastic packaging looks cheap.But definately a keeper for me!

on 3/3/2006 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So, after looking high and low I think I've found my favorite foundation. I usually do wear any because my skin is fairly clear. Also, I always seem to buy the wrong shade. However, I went the EL counter and after trying on five shades the MA said Fresco was my color. It goes on easily and covers without being matte or thick. I get a little shine on my nose but it's not like an oil slick. Overall I think its a great foundation with great wearability.

on 2/22/2006 6:29:00 AM

I absolutely love this foundation! It's a perfect colour match for my skin so no looking pink or orange. It looks so natural, like you have no foundation on but still it covers what it needs to cover. It can make my skin look a little oily but that's no problem and can be fixed with a tiny bit of powder :) overall I would definately buy this again, it's my fave foundation :D

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The range of colors for this product is amazing; for once I can find a shade of foundation that disappears when blended into my skin without giving me pink or orange undertones. I'm really impressed with the naturalness of the shades, my skin looks even toned not only in artificial light, but in natural as well and that's an accomplishment.

The coverage is light to medium so if you're looking for something less sheer this isn't the product for you. This has a medium level of wear to it; I find that it lasts around seven hours till it needs to be touched up. This foudation is rather gel like in consistancy so is more suitable for dry skined people, you'll probably want to avoid this if you already have oily skin.

on 1/24/2006 3:05:00 AM

There is a great color selection for these foundations, and I found one that perfectly matches my skin. I love the way it applies... it just seems to fade a bit more than I'd like over the course of a day.

on 1/12/2006 1:10:00 PM

I only tried a sample. Loved the foundation. Nice covereage but so natural looking. Wore it for 3 days...3 pimples and I haven't broken out in a LONG time. So disappoined. I'm NC20 and tried vellum. I think it was a good match but I really didn't wear it enough to know for sure.

on 1/4/2006 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This foundation has a great range of colors to match skin perfectly. It looks.. *decent* within an hour of application, but after that it wore off almost completely on me. I may as well have not been wearing any foundation at all by the end of my day, even with a good Bobbi Brown powder to set it. It also makes my pores much more noticeable and my oily skin oiler. You may want to give this a try if you have normal-dry skin with not much to hide. I guess sheer coverage foundations aren't enough for me in general.

on 12/23/2005 1:36:00 PM

The color (Vanilla) works very well with my skin tone, which has a slight yellow undertone, and gives me a nice glow, but isn't greasy at all. It is lightweight and goes on naturally which I like. The drawbacks are that it dries very quickly that you need to rub it in as soon as you put it on. It also comes in a very small tube and since a little does NOT go a long way, I am going to run out of it very soon. For $33, it should be bigger and easier to squeeze out.

on 12/16/2005 12:03:00 AM

I've been trying a lot of foundations lately. This is the first one I've taken back. I have combo skin with most of my oil on my forehead, and this just didn't last for me, even with mattifying primer. It had a nice sheer, glowy finish for about an hour, and then poof, it looked oilier than most, and the coverage just disappeared. When I brought it back, the SA remarked that it didn't last too long for anybody. I think it might be okay if your skin is very dry...mine is not...although it's marketed for dry to combo skins. To be honest, I have never had luck with Estee Lauder foundations...last one I bought was about 6yrs ago...and I had the same experience...no lasting power... Even though I'm OLD at 47(hah!), I think the Lauder foundations are meant for much more mature skin than even mine. I'm about to try Futurist because of the great reviews, and if that doesn't work, I'm saying ta-ta to Estee Lauder for good. To its benefit, the color selection for this foundation is GREAT...and again, if you have skin without oil, don't hesitate to try a sample.