August 27, 2014 | 1793 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by iluvseamaus

I disagree with most of the comments on this product. I luv sheer cover. I use it as my everyday foundation and concealer and i think that all of the products are great. The brushes i recieved aren't that scratchy and i really luv the concealer:)I admit that the foundation doesnt do as much work as the concealer but it does finish off the look by evening everything out and making ur skin look almost flawliss without a shine but still i pretty glow. I think u get what ur paying for and that u do get quite a bit of product, even more than u need:) What i luv about this product is the way the concealer and foundation look together and make my skin look airbrushed:) i luv it a whole lot better than my msf by mac!It might seem a little expensive according to some ppl but in the end its worth it:) The only thing thats a little annoying is the packaging. Its like a plastic twist open container and sometimes it doesnt twist back perfectly and get stuck if that makes sense, but that doesnt happen often so its not a big deal:) I reccomend this product:)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This was a real disappointment. Firstly, in Aus, it is quite expensive (something like $50 a month) for this product. Secondly, the amount of product you receive for this price is minimal! You would run out (if you were only using one of the pots every day) way before the next was delivered. Thirdly, if you don't use it everyday, $50 a month is a really hefty price, and given it is a subscription, this is locked in ($149.95 for 3 months). I use MAC select SPF and it cost me around the same, yet lasts a whole year. Do the maths, this product is a complete rip-off.
When I put it on, not only did neither shade in the fairest category suit me, but I HATE having to mix to get the right shade. You never get it exactly right, and it is way too much time and effort trying to get it to match. Furthermore, this was so shimmery! It didn't give me a glow, it made me look a cross between oily and sparkley. Im not sure if anyone else has experienced this. Lastly, it did NOTHING to hide my flaws and overall looked pretty crap. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS! i have bought this and proactiv in the past (both claim to have a massive following etc) and BOTH were a huge waste of money. Cannot recommend this product to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by GlennaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really disappointed in this product. I expected it to be my HG of foundations. If not...I expected it to at least stay on.

I have a few rather small, not very dark but bothersome to me sun spots on the left side of my face. This product did not cover those at all. Isn't that weird? I mean what was all that with the woman in the infomercial with the strawberry birthmark whose mark just disappeared on camera??? My marks are nowhere close to that dark. But no. Didn't make them disappear. It blurred them, somewhat.

My entire face feels a combination of greasy and itchy. I used very little of the product each time I have put it on, so it's not overapplication. I "feel" it there all the time.

What's more, if I so much as brush my hands anywhere near my face -- say, to brush my hair back -- of it goes.

I am so, so disappointed. I will not be reordering. I may keep the makeup for a while to try as a setting powder or something, but definitely over another foundation so that layer is in between.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No great shakes here as far as I'm concerned. This product did nothing for my skin. In fact it somehow managed to dull my complexion . However, I loved the concealer. I'd never used one before so I was pretty pleased tro see how well it worked without that much effort on my part. It's rich and creamy but doesn't make me look like a raccoon in the headlights. Wish I had better things to say about the minerals.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on this! I think this mineral foundation is absolutely DIVINE :D

So, I purchased the Sheer Cover set about 3-4 years ago when I was makeup and MUA-clueless and got easily sucked in by advertising. I used it just as instructed, and back then I thought it looked good but not better than my liquid Revlon CS which I was using at the time. And because I thought it was too much effort using mineral foundation with all the brushes and buffing etc (did I mention I was makeup-clueless?!) I stuck with my CS, which I applied with my fingers. I stored this at the back of my bathroom cabinet.

3 years down the track and I've decided liquid foundation is doing more harm to my skin than good, and I ditched it for an au naturel look during the daytime (night is a different story!). My skin greatly improved, and I mainly just conceal imperfections and am out the door.

But a few days ago, I was craving perfecting my skin more in a healthy way and read a lot about how mineral mu isn't as bad for your skin as others. So I dug this out and retried it using my MAC 180 brush (I've evolved makeup-wise, lol) and was SHOCKED by how 'naturally perfect' it made my skin look! It seemed to just blur minor imperfections and blended into my skin seamlessly. I wore it shopping yesterday all day and I got hit on more often, and even MU SAs were treating me better and looking at me more respectfully than usual! Over time it just looked better and better, and even held up against minor sweating!

How I use it:
I buff it in with my MAC 180 (going to try my ELF Studio Powder brush when it arrives though) over Monistat gel or BE Prime Time primer and finish with MAC transparent finishing powder and then several sprays of Fix+. It's perfection! It gives this glowy natural dewy matte finish (lol I hope that's not a paradox..).

So if you're someone with okay skin and just want to even out skintone and want that inner 'glow', this is for you.

For reference, I'm NC42-44 and Almond is perfect for me :) [I ordered the kit in 'Dark' but now have no use for the darker shade and brushes or skincare etc]

PS - the Sheer Cover brushes SUCK. They shed and are super prickly. If you want to try this out, I suggest researching to try and find your shade, then search on eBay or swaps for the powder alone. It's a rip off buying the set, everything is crap in it except for the actual foundation!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by FabKass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered Sheer Cover in dark... for any one thinking to purchase this product DONT DO IT. It seems ok when you order it because they only charge you $30 and comes with a lot of things... things that you might not end up using any way. Harder to blend for those of a darker shade. The brushes shed. And after the first order the prices start to go up almost $100 each month. I'm canceling my order in the morning!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by britt94

Okay, so this is definetly one of the better products I have tried. However, it still isn't that wonderful. I loved watching the paid programing and all the free gifts Sheer Cover came with, but I was kind of disappointed and still am because I'm still using and trying to find something new. I ordered the 30 day kit in light. I agree with other comments that say the concealor is what is doing all the covering. The foundation just evens out your skin tone to match the concealor. The problem with getting two shades is sometimes it looks right and sometimes I have a makeup line and look a little orange. The brushes are rough, but I like the mascara and moisturizer. I'm looking for a little more coverage in a foundation because you really use up the concealor when the foundation doesn't help out any.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ContagiousSound

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awsome Mineral Powder :).... Too much Negative Feedback :(
I Love Sheer Cover, I think it's great! If yu want great coverage from a powder Sheer Cover is the way to go, it is more cakier than most mineral powders but it's worth it! But if yu are going to use mineral powders, its always best to prep the skin with -Rose Hip Oil- This not only helps drying out yur skin, but it helps make the powder stick to yur face better :D (Rose hip oil wont give yu pimples if yu use it right)
Yu may need to use other mineral powders to match yur skin tone sadly :( ... bu meh ITS WORTH IT!!! AWSOME COVERAGE, NATURAL FINISHED LOOK, LIGHT (DOESNT FEEL CAKEY), EASY TO APPLY, EVEN COVERAGE!! SEXY ;D
EDIT: 28 MAY 2012 : I take this all back lol, after using it for a while, it's not that great, it over priced, comes only in a small pot, to cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Ollyli

I hate the Sheer cover brushes, its terrible! Sheds like crazy and it's extremely prickly. The product itself wasn't impressive either. I prefer using Everyday Minerals.
It's the concealer that's covering your flaws and not the minerals itself.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by In2Film1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had purchased Sheer Cover after seeing an infomercial. Usually, I am skeptical about products I see on television, but I had been wanting to try a mineral foundation and it seemed as good a time as any to go for it. When I first used it, I liked it. I thought it gave my face a smooth, matte finish. But then I had friends start telling me they thought I looked tired and withdrawn - was something the matter with me, they asked. They were worried about my health! Turns out, it was the make up that made me look pale. Plus, it exacerabted my dry skin. Once I went back to my Cover Girl TrueBlend foundation, my palor significantly improved.

I think this product might work for some people. I'm just not one of these people. I have fair, dry, sensitive skin, and I need something to replenish my skin. This is not the product. Not to mention, it is prohibitively expensive and they make you join a "mail order kit club". I do not recommend this product.