July 30, 2014 | 1821 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No great shakes here as far as I'm concerned. This product did nothing for my skin. In fact it somehow managed to dull my complexion . However, I loved the concealer. I'd never used one before so I was pretty pleased tro see how well it worked without that much effort on my part. It's rich and creamy but doesn't make me look like a raccoon in the headlights. Wish I had better things to say about the minerals.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on this! I think this mineral foundation is absolutely DIVINE :D

So, I purchased the Sheer Cover set about 3-4 years ago when I was makeup and MUA-clueless and got easily sucked in by advertising. I used it just as instructed, and back then I thought it looked good but not better than my liquid Revlon CS which I was using at the time. And because I thought it was too much effort using mineral foundation with all the brushes and buffing etc (did I mention I was makeup-clueless?!) I stuck with my CS, which I applied with my fingers. I stored this at the back of my bathroom cabinet.

3 years down the track and I've decided liquid foundation is doing more harm to my skin than good, and I ditched it for an au naturel look during the daytime (night is a different story!). My skin greatly improved, and I mainly just conceal imperfections and am out the door.

But a few days ago, I was craving perfecting my skin more in a healthy way and read a lot about how mineral mu isn't as bad for your skin as others. So I dug this out and retried it using my MAC 180 brush (I've evolved makeup-wise, lol) and was SHOCKED by how 'naturally perfect' it made my skin look! It seemed to just blur minor imperfections and blended into my skin seamlessly. I wore it shopping yesterday all day and I got hit on more often, and even MU SAs were treating me better and looking at me more respectfully than usual! Over time it just looked better and better, and even held up against minor sweating!

How I use it:
I buff it in with my MAC 180 (going to try my ELF Studio Powder brush when it arrives though) over Monistat gel or BE Prime Time primer and finish with MAC transparent finishing powder and then several sprays of Fix+. It's perfection! It gives this glowy natural dewy matte finish (lol I hope that's not a paradox..).

So if you're someone with okay skin and just want to even out skintone and want that inner 'glow', this is for you.

For reference, I'm NC42-44 and Almond is perfect for me :) [I ordered the kit in 'Dark' but now have no use for the darker shade and brushes or skincare etc]

PS - the Sheer Cover brushes SUCK. They shed and are super prickly. If you want to try this out, I suggest researching to try and find your shade, then search on eBay or swaps for the powder alone. It's a rip off buying the set, everything is crap in it except for the actual foundation!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by FabKass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered Sheer Cover in dark... for any one thinking to purchase this product DONT DO IT. It seems ok when you order it because they only charge you $30 and comes with a lot of things... things that you might not end up using any way. Harder to blend for those of a darker shade. The brushes shed. And after the first order the prices start to go up almost $100 each month. I'm canceling my order in the morning!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by britt94

Okay, so this is definetly one of the better products I have tried. However, it still isn't that wonderful. I loved watching the paid programing and all the free gifts Sheer Cover came with, but I was kind of disappointed and still am because I'm still using and trying to find something new. I ordered the 30 day kit in light. I agree with other comments that say the concealor is what is doing all the covering. The foundation just evens out your skin tone to match the concealor. The problem with getting two shades is sometimes it looks right and sometimes I have a makeup line and look a little orange. The brushes are rough, but I like the mascara and moisturizer. I'm looking for a little more coverage in a foundation because you really use up the concealor when the foundation doesn't help out any.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ContagiousSound

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awsome Mineral Powder :).... Too much Negative Feedback :(
I Love Sheer Cover, I think it's great! If yu want great coverage from a powder Sheer Cover is the way to go, it is more cakier than most mineral powders but it's worth it! But if yu are going to use mineral powders, its always best to prep the skin with -Rose Hip Oil- This not only helps drying out yur skin, but it helps make the powder stick to yur face better :D (Rose hip oil wont give yu pimples if yu use it right)
Yu may need to use other mineral powders to match yur skin tone sadly :( ... bu meh ITS WORTH IT!!! AWSOME COVERAGE, NATURAL FINISHED LOOK, LIGHT (DOESNT FEEL CAKEY), EASY TO APPLY, EVEN COVERAGE!! SEXY ;D
EDIT: 28 MAY 2012 : I take this all back lol, after using it for a while, it's not that great, it over priced, comes only in a small pot, to cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Ollyli

I hate the Sheer cover brushes, its terrible! Sheds like crazy and it's extremely prickly. The product itself wasn't impressive either. I prefer using Everyday Minerals.
It's the concealer that's covering your flaws and not the minerals itself.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by In2Film1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had purchased Sheer Cover after seeing an infomercial. Usually, I am skeptical about products I see on television, but I had been wanting to try a mineral foundation and it seemed as good a time as any to go for it. When I first used it, I liked it. I thought it gave my face a smooth, matte finish. But then I had friends start telling me they thought I looked tired and withdrawn - was something the matter with me, they asked. They were worried about my health! Turns out, it was the make up that made me look pale. Plus, it exacerabted my dry skin. Once I went back to my Cover Girl TrueBlend foundation, my palor significantly improved.

I think this product might work for some people. I'm just not one of these people. I have fair, dry, sensitive skin, and I need something to replenish my skin. This is not the product. Not to mention, it is prohibitively expensive and they make you join a "mail order kit club". I do not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate proactive, so I was shocked when I really started to love Sheer Cover! It's a really, really nice mineral foundation. It covers skin well and doesn't make me break out. There are only a few cons to the Sheer Cover mineral foundations which is that they can look very cakey, and it is a very limited range of colours - most are either too yellow or too white for my skin. All around a nice foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Patty31

i love sheer cover mineral foundation!! i have tried other brands of mineral foundation. and they seem to make the lines on my face look like deep wrinkles. sheer cover makes my face look flawless! and its the only foundation i have found to totally match my light skin color. without making it look yellow or rosie. i get compliments all the time with friends asking what do i use to keep my skin so flawless.. its not flawless at all.. sheer cover just makes it look that way.lol and if you use sheer cover you must get the finishing powder! and if you dont like them sending the monthly shipments. go to ebay! thats where i get it and u can buy the sizes you want,and the colors you want.. way cheaper! with no monthly shipments! i love it and my friends love it! i wont ever use anything else!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sheer cover was the very first mineral foundation I've tried. They have limited shades and sent me 2 medium shades me. Neither looked natural for me and the coverage was too sheer for me. When I try to build the coverage, it only made me face cakey. Also, they charge you about every month for 30 dollars I think. What upset me was that it didn't say anything about it when I purchased the foundation, so I felt ripped off, especially for them to continually charging me after I requested it to stop. I called customer service and the man said it was because they gave me 3 months of foundation in advance. I told the man I didn't even ask for 3 months of foundation in the first place so why would they do such a thing, he couldn't even provide me an answer!
All in all, my experience with sheer cover was a disaster, I'm extremely hooked to everyday minerals and I lovvvvvve the tinted powders from bare essentials!