December 22, 2014 | 1140 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by megan1309

This foundation feels great on.. It's so smooth. However it's expensive and it only gives light coverage. I use it when my face is free of breakouts and when I want that flawless look. So this product has pros and cons. I would probably not buy it again just because its expensive and I don't wear it much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Pooja37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! Living in a hot country like India, it's difficult to apply any sort of foundation make up - liquid or otherwise... matter of fact I've avoided using make up for 10 years. Then I got Sheercover and it is just fabulous... I have naturally good skin tone but I found that during my pregnancy, my skin had these wierd patches and with the help of sheercover I look absolutely great (even if I say so myself ha!) The biggest plus for me is that even if you sweat which is sort of inevitable in our hot summers, sheercover stays on, looks great and does not run or clog pores the way other foundations tend to do! I would definitely recommend it and continue using it for that glamorous air brushed look it gives me... surely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Leezalisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Sheer Cover for about five years now. I first tried Bare Minerals before I had ever heard of Sheer Cover, but the lightest color they offered at the time made my face look sort of a teracotta color. I sent it back immediate (Maybe now they have a light enough color available, but I'm happy with what I'm using). Then I found Sheer Cover. I have a lot to cover on my face. I have lupus and there is always a red rash across my cheeks and nose. When I have a flare, it's much worse, very bright, and I finally found something to cover it. It does take a bit of the concealer, and I use it all over my cheeks and nose, as well as a dab on my chin and under my nose. I have extremely pale skin otherwise, and for those who think it doesn't come in a color light enough for their complexion, ask for the extra light. I first started out with the light kit, and like others have said, that was too dark for me. I use the frost color most of the time. In the summertime, when I self-tan, I add some nude. Even with the self-tan, I'm never very dark. I couldn't live without Sheer Cover. As far as the brush, some say it's prickly. If you wash it once a week, it will stay soft. I wash it with a moisturzing shampoo and let it air dry. I have to say I'm not a fan of the cleanser; it seems a bit greasy to me. And the moisturizer is okay for summertime, but too light for wintertime. The packaging is okay. Sometimes it sticks and is hard to close when make-up gets built-up in the ridges. Just wash the lid and make sure it's very dry before you put it back on. I always keep an old container to mix my shades so I don't need to mix daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by iluvseamaus

I disagree with most of the comments on this product. I luv sheer cover. I use it as my everyday foundation and concealer and i think that all of the products are great. The brushes i recieved aren't that scratchy and i really luv the concealer:)I admit that the foundation doesnt do as much work as the concealer but it does finish off the look by evening everything out and making ur skin look almost flawliss without a shine but still i pretty glow. I think u get what ur paying for and that u do get quite a bit of product, even more than u need:) What i luv about this product is the way the concealer and foundation look together and make my skin look airbrushed:) i luv it a whole lot better than my msf by mac!It might seem a little expensive according to some ppl but in the end its worth it:) The only thing thats a little annoying is the packaging. Its like a plastic twist open container and sometimes it doesnt twist back perfectly and get stuck if that makes sense, but that doesnt happen often so its not a big deal:) I reccomend this product:)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This was a real disappointment. Firstly, in Aus, it is quite expensive (something like $50 a month) for this product. Secondly, the amount of product you receive for this price is minimal! You would run out (if you were only using one of the pots every day) way before the next was delivered. Thirdly, if you don't use it everyday, $50 a month is a really hefty price, and given it is a subscription, this is locked in ($149.95 for 3 months). I use MAC select SPF and it cost me around the same, yet lasts a whole year. Do the maths, this product is a complete rip-off.
When I put it on, not only did neither shade in the fairest category suit me, but I HATE having to mix to get the right shade. You never get it exactly right, and it is way too much time and effort trying to get it to match. Furthermore, this was so shimmery! It didn't give me a glow, it made me look a cross between oily and sparkley. Im not sure if anyone else has experienced this. Lastly, it did NOTHING to hide my flaws and overall looked pretty crap. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS! i have bought this and proactiv in the past (both claim to have a massive following etc) and BOTH were a huge waste of money. Cannot recommend this product to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by GlennaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really disappointed in this product. I expected it to be my HG of foundations. If not...I expected it to at least stay on.

I have a few rather small, not very dark but bothersome to me sun spots on the left side of my face. This product did not cover those at all. Isn't that weird? I mean what was all that with the woman in the infomercial with the strawberry birthmark whose mark just disappeared on camera??? My marks are nowhere close to that dark. But no. Didn't make them disappear. It blurred them, somewhat.

My entire face feels a combination of greasy and itchy. I used very little of the product each time I have put it on, so it's not overapplication. I "feel" it there all the time.

What's more, if I so much as brush my hands anywhere near my face -- say, to brush my hair back -- of it goes.

I am so, so disappointed. I will not be reordering. I may keep the makeup for a while to try as a setting powder or something, but definitely over another foundation so that layer is in between.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No great shakes here as far as I'm concerned. This product did nothing for my skin. In fact it somehow managed to dull my complexion . However, I loved the concealer. I'd never used one before so I was pretty pleased tro see how well it worked without that much effort on my part. It's rich and creamy but doesn't make me look like a raccoon in the headlights. Wish I had better things to say about the minerals.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on this! I think this mineral foundation is absolutely DIVINE :D

So, I purchased the Sheer Cover set about 3-4 years ago when I was makeup and MUA-clueless and got easily sucked in by advertising. I used it just as instructed, and back then I thought it looked good but not better than my liquid Revlon CS which I was using at the time. And because I thought it was too much effort using mineral foundation with all the brushes and buffing etc (did I mention I was makeup-clueless?!) I stuck with my CS, which I applied with my fingers. I stored this at the back of my bathroom cabinet.

3 years down the track and I've decided liquid foundation is doing more harm to my skin than good, and I ditched it for an au naturel look during the daytime (night is a different story!). My skin greatly improved, and I mainly just conceal imperfections and am out the door.

But a few days ago, I was craving perfecting my skin more in a healthy way and read a lot about how mineral mu isn't as bad for your skin as others. So I dug this out and retried it using my MAC 180 brush (I've evolved makeup-wise, lol) and was SHOCKED by how 'naturally perfect' it made my skin look! It seemed to just blur minor imperfections and blended into my skin seamlessly. I wore it shopping yesterday all day and I got hit on more often, and even MU SAs were treating me better and looking at me more respectfully than usual! Over time it just looked better and better, and even held up against minor sweating!

How I use it:
I buff it in with my MAC 180 (going to try my ELF Studio Powder brush when it arrives though) over Monistat gel or BE Prime Time primer and finish with MAC transparent finishing powder and then several sprays of Fix+. It's perfection! It gives this glowy natural dewy matte finish (lol I hope that's not a paradox..).

So if you're someone with okay skin and just want to even out skintone and want that inner 'glow', this is for you.

For reference, I'm NC42-44 and Almond is perfect for me :) [I ordered the kit in 'Dark' but now have no use for the darker shade and brushes or skincare etc]

PS - the Sheer Cover brushes SUCK. They shed and are super prickly. If you want to try this out, I suggest researching to try and find your shade, then search on eBay or swaps for the powder alone. It's a rip off buying the set, everything is crap in it except for the actual foundation!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by FabKass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered Sheer Cover in dark... for any one thinking to purchase this product DONT DO IT. It seems ok when you order it because they only charge you $30 and comes with a lot of things... things that you might not end up using any way. Harder to blend for those of a darker shade. The brushes shed. And after the first order the prices start to go up almost $100 each month. I'm canceling my order in the morning!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by britt94

Okay, so this is definetly one of the better products I have tried. However, it still isn't that wonderful. I loved watching the paid programing and all the free gifts Sheer Cover came with, but I was kind of disappointed and still am because I'm still using and trying to find something new. I ordered the 30 day kit in light. I agree with other comments that say the concealor is what is doing all the covering. The foundation just evens out your skin tone to match the concealor. The problem with getting two shades is sometimes it looks right and sometimes I have a makeup line and look a little orange. The brushes are rough, but I like the mascara and moisturizer. I'm looking for a little more coverage in a foundation because you really use up the concealor when the foundation doesn't help out any.