Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 2/18/2012 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin in my face. But just yesterday night, after spreading this oil on my arms, I decided to use on my face and neck to see what could happen. Today I woke up with the skin I used to have when I was 18: perfectly balanced, no lines and well firm (well, it is not so plump as it used to be, but that is another story...). Even an inflammed breakout was totally appaised - the borage oil has powerful antiiflammatory properties.
Then I just rinsed the face with water and applied a my regular moisturizer (normal to combo skin) and after hours now, my skin is still happy. So, every other day it is! I concluded the oil is produced to protect the skin. If you provide it, the skin receeds on its production. If you scratch it out, the skin will produce more.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this stuff is amazing! i got serious dry spots around my nose only during the winter time and i barely need a drop of this oil to really hydrate it the entire day! it doesnt come off greasy, absorbs well, and smells pleasant....pricey but well worth it!!!

on 12/23/2011 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I think its a very nice product. I am using the shimmering one in the summer ti,e, especially in my legs. They look mousturized and shimmering. Its also good for your ( if its thick and dry) for oily hair, i think itcan be heavy. I will repurchase it again. Yes, definitely

on 12/10/2011 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a must have product for me! I love everything about it the smell, the packaging, the results I get, everything about it is perfect. It can be used on face,hair and body. I dont use it on my body because I just dont want to waste it I ve used it a couple of times on my hair and Im impressed but my hair is thin and I dont want to weight it down by adding an oil to it . I mostly use it on my face as a moisturizer and its really good. Its a dry oil and doesnt feel heavy or oily on the skin. I only use it at night and the next morning my face always looks very pampered,plumed,smooth and calmed. Moisturizes really well . I would prefer a fragrance free version of this since I only use it on my face I like the scent but fragrance and skin care dont mix for me . but what can you do . I wouldnt recommend it for someone with really oily skin .

on 11/21/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after seeing it in bathrooms belonging to people with much glossier lives than me. It's an OK product. I use it as a leave-in conditioner in my hair and sometimes as a moisturiser on my legs when I feel particularly dry. I also use it as cuticle oil.

The thing I love about this is that it's a dry oil, means that it doesn't have the sticky residue that creams or other oils may have. It also has a light floral scent that disappears after 30min or so.

Overall, a great product. And it lasts forever!! I've had it for about 2 months and I have barely used any of it. You really just need a little bit.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing scent!!
This is my favourite dry oil!!
I own both the gold one and clear.
I like the concept of the spray that the larger bottles have and wish my smaller bottle had the same feature as it would make it much easier to apply.
WIth that being said, it does an amazing job at moisturizing skin, makes it soft and supple throughout the day. The scent is never overpowering but noticeable if you sniff your arm (haha). I love putting this on the ends of my hair to nourish it, which also lets me smell it easier throughout the day as it brushes past my face.
Definitely going to be a long time user of this product.

on 10/22/2011 10:02:00 PM

I found out about this product in the GOOP newsletter (her French pharmacy edition). I saw it on sale by chance at Shoppers Drug Mart and used some of the sample. I'm not a big fan of fragrance in oils/lotions in general but this scent is wonderful. It's a very unique smell, and I wouldn't recommend buying it online without smelling it first. I could easily see how some would really not like it. As I do like...really love it, I use it sparingly - it's pricey! I have used it on my face and no breakout, but like another reviewer wrote, it seems odd to use the same product for face and body (I prefer the Kiehl's Midnight Serum for my face). If you can find this product on sale I would give it a try! It's really a lovely smell and surprisingly non-greasy!

on 7/29/2011 9:46:00 AM

It smells great, but I dont like the idea of using the same product on hair, face and body.
I believe that face has differnt needs from body or hair. So, I used it as a body oil, it left my skin smooth and hydrated without oily sense.
The packaging is awful, the product is very difficult to come out of the bottle!

on 7/28/2011 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in my July Birchbox (along with a granola bar...really? A granola bar? Is that what I am paying for?) and was initially mystified. My French isn't the best, but there's a handy English translation (multipurpose dry oil). Okay, this is a MPDO...what the hell do I do with this? I didn't figure that Nuxe intended for me to lube the gears on my dirtbike with it, so I set about to my trusty MUAers to tell me what to do with this little bottle of stuff. A little research, a little usage, and I come to you armed with another one of my insanely long reviews.

To start with, it smells awesome. Like flowers. I don't mean synthetic, we're-trying-to-be-deep-and-mystical perfume flowers, but like a bouquet of good flowers you get at the farmer's market. Barring sticking some of it in an atomizer with alcohol as room spray, I determined it smelled good. Fine. Good smell. Next! What is it...

It's a dry oil. Which can be an odd feeling if you're used to, well, OIL. You put it on, and it feels oily for a second, then it sort of fades away and you can't tell there's oil on you. I know I'm weird, but I want my oil to feel...oily. Next! Where do we put the oil...

According to trusty fellow MUAers, it can be used for almost anything. Face, nails, hair, cuticles, moisturizing...I tried them all. And found pretty much minimal results for all. Now, if it's MPDO, it's going to have a basic use for lots of things, but I found that it behaved minimally for all of them. On to all of the places I put the oil...(And no, I would not suggest it for secksytime lubeage. At all. Ever. Don't ask.)

Face: Tried this on my face. Other than catching a (pleasant) whiff of it at times, it didn't really do much in terms of moisturizing any more than Burt's Bees oil, or argan oil, or any of the other million things I put on my face. Next!

Hair: ZOMG this was a mistake. My hair is long (waist length), straight, with somewhat fried ends from an innate fear of hair salons and hairdressers with their sharp scissors and determination to cut off all of my hair ("You'd look SO CUTE with a pixie cut!!"). That and the occasional bad choice in at-home semipermanent hair coloring over the last ten years. I tried Nuxe Huile as a (minimal) leave-in, a pre-shampoo treatment, a 30-minute mask...didn't do much other than sit on my hair and make it feel crunchy, no matter how long/short I left it on, took it off, shampooed with it, or whatever. Next!

Nails/Cuticles: I will concede one point here....Nuxe Huile does well for moisturizing your nails and cuticles if you have the patience to let it sink it and not wipe it off. Which I don't. I'm about as flitty as a butterfly and always moving, so sitting for a leisurely half hour while my nails suck up the juice is about as likely as a snowball surviving twenty minutes on the 101 freeway in summer. In other words, not at all. If you have the time to hang out and luxuriate (and golly, I hate you if you do), then yes, this is a great treatment. Next!

Feet: I don't do anything oily or greasy on my feet. Ever. Period. I have been know to threaten to punch out a masseuse who wouldn't stop touching my feet even after I told her repeatedly I didn't like anyone or ANYTHING handling my feet. (Okay, I'm exaggerating, but I did tell her to knock.it.off in stern tones). I imagine with as well as it works on nails and cuticles, it would probably work well to smooth out rough heels and insteps. If you like'm them greasy footsies, go for it. Next!

Body moisture: Tried to use this as a moisturizer on dry arms and decolletage. Again, just sat on the skin and wiggled a little. Didn't sink in, didn't come off, didn't do anything except smell pretty good for a while. Unfortunately, I require more of my body lotion/oil than great scents...it has to actually DO something.

As far as price, it was a sample (and a generous one at that, no matter how many things I've done with this, it's like the magically self-replenishing oil, the level just won't GO DOWN). I understand from MUA that it's bloody expensive. Repurchase? So far it doesn't really appear to do enough for me to part with money so I can be annoyed that I have three ounces of doesn't do anything versus 1/3 of an ounce.

Final suggestion: In my experience, it is minimally useful at all trades and exceptional at none. I will keep my little sample and dab at it from time to time for fun, but not for me.

on 7/22/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this product for my hair and skin.
it makes my frizz-prone hair behave, imparts shine, and smells wonderful.
Softens skin, sinks in well, and again, smells wonderful.

The smell reminds me a bit Kenzo Summer, for some reason.

Popular Lotions / Creams