September 2, 2014 | 1981 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by despoina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to agree with the reviewer below.I only buy this because of the fine smell.Here in Greece for a 50ml bottle i spent 18 euro.I normally use it on my face,i would like this oil to give me a nice glow or a dewy finish with my make up-i had these kind of things when bought it-maybe my mistake for asking too much.But nothing happened.I really do not feel my combination skin on my face moisturised,and that should not happen since we are discussing about an oil,i suppose...i mean oils are supposed to be rich in moisturising factors...I tried it also on my body,nothing again.I feel nice when i use it,i really like the appearance of the bottle and the smell,but for me gives zero actuall results.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Pinksatin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I keep on buying this product only for its fragrance, it smells lovely... Well its price in France is not very high. It's drugstore product.
I use it also to give a glow to my legs, but hydration quality is not enough, it lasts not very longer, but baby oil is better..
You may use others products with better results.
(it has no conservatives they say, I think it may be real, I have forgotten a bottle half used in my closet, it was spoiled!)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by moodycow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product but very expensive. You can get for 9.99 sanctuary shimmering body oil which I cannot tell the difference between the two.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG product! My pharmacist recommended i should use it to calm down my skin after having a major break out from using some Clinique products(soap for oily skin and Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel). I was like "Oil? On my combo skin? Do you hate me?" lol. Anyway, I did buy it in the end. He was right! After 1 month of use my skin feels unbelievable soft, it's more radiant than ever, didn't clog my pores and i don't break out any more! I also use it as treatment on my hair and works great there too! My hair are super soft, they glow and i got rid of those dry ends that were giving me a headache! Finally, i use it as body moisturiser aswell and yeah...it's awsome! Not greasy at all, absorbs fast, transforms skin, smells great and seems to last forever(i've been using it on face+body+hair on a daily basis for a month and i still have 3/4 of bottle full!). Bought the 100ml bottle for 35Euro(that is 44usd for 3.3oz), will definately repurchase and tomorrow i'll buy the shimmer version cause i've heard it rocks with tanned skin!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by vesuvana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample and have enjoyed its fragrance very much. I have used it on my face in the am after cleansing with a salicylic acid cleanser and it restores moisture nicely. It does leave me a little more shiny than I prefer, so I have used Bare Minerals over it and its fine. I am using Decleor oil as my nighttime moisturizer now. When that is gone, I will probably buy this instead, even though it is terribly expensive. A little of Nuxe goes much further than the more viscous Decleor.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I carry this in my bag everyday during the fall and winter months. I use it in the afternoon to refresh my skin without putting more makeup on: just shake a drop or two in your palms, press together, and then press on face gently. Much better packaging than the Bobbi Brown oil and a nice scent too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by abrowe00

Smells great and absorbs well. I liked it under my normal lotion on my dry winter skin. I will try some of the other recommended products to compare before I come back to this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

I've had dry hands for years and have tried every cream out there (cheap and expensive). This oil has done wonders for my hands. I spray (about 3 squirts) every night into my hands, rub and then put cream over and rub again. My hands have never been so soft.

This is about CAD$41.00. It might seem expensive but I only use it where needed (my hands) so this will last me a long time.

As for the packaging, I love the fact that it comes with a spray pump but I'm really not crazy about the glass bottle (breakage!) and the angular format which doesn't make for easy storage or travel.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Rosita44

I read the wavering reviews before buying this product which does not for me what Trader Joe's jojoba oil does. Sorry to disagree on this one, but if you want to pamper yourself, there are better options for this amount of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is not a bad product. Been having and using this for over a year, just because i purchased it...I gave it two lippies because of the following (so these are the cons):
-it smells too strong, perfume-like, and i find it impossible to apply it on my lips (feels like i've eaten perfume)
-it can get my hair way too greasy
-surprisingly, can sometimes feel like it's drying out my skin as i apply it. might be just an impression since it is not meant to do that and how can an oil dry your skin...
-doesn't have a pump, so it's difficult to control the quantity
-waaaay too pricy for the ingredients. i agree it's natural and everything, but it was too expensive even so.
-i can't pay so much and use it for what other ladies here use it, cuticles, elbows and stretch marks...it's a bit of a senseless splurge for me (student budget, heh!). i use Nivea cream for these areas and i'm extremely happy with the results.

i find that my extra virgin organic coconut oil did so much more for my skin and hair than this product, at a fraction of the price for the quantity, so i would not repurchase. as i said, it is not a bad product but neither a good one, basically it doesn't do anything for me. i apply it on the eyelashes to make them grow and on the eyebrows to tame them a bit and make them silky (that is, before i go to bed or after showering) but....i can get away with virgin olive or coconut oil, without costing me an arm and a leg. i find this product, despite all the historic hype about it, is a pure gimmick, and i can't wait to finish it up.

a pro would be that the packaging looks classy on my bathroom sink, and for those who like it, it NEVER ends...i have been using it since last year and a few drops are enough.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No